Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Anyone else notice that the handle on the door at the "workshop" where Ciaran was fixing the car is exactly like the one in Katie's cell? :eek:

I wouldn't care too much. They are sold in pairs so the set builders just picked up the other one. You may also notice they all use the same laptop - a big chunky black yoke from 2006. It isn't real of course. There's loads adorning the display areas in IKEA. Also guarantee we won't see a scene with Wheelie Cass and Wheelie Dan together for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

desbrook wrote: »
    I wouldn't care too much. They are sold in pairs so the set builders just picked up the other one. You may also notice they all use the same laptop - a big chunky black yoke from 2006. It isn't real of course. There's loads adorning the display areas in IKEA. Also guarantee we won't see a scene with Wheelie Cass and Wheelie Dan together for obvious reasons.

Fair enough....:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

He stands like Ciaran, joining his hands together....

I was going to post this exact thing! I've always thought how odd LoveHate looks standing like that,very uneasy or something and then the kidnapper struck the exact same pose! It is so definitely him!!

He mentioned that his parents split up. Someone suggested that he could be Eoghan's lovechild. It would certainly explain his empathy towards Eoghan and KT,more so than Debbie or Emmett.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

But what was the point of kidnapping KT in the first place? The kidnapper is "kind" to her though which makes me think there may be a family connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

nagdefy wrote:
    He's a bigger man than Tommy Dillon. At least he's ruled out! He looks bigger than Ciaran too imo. He looks to be at least 6ft if he stood up straight.

Can't believe people would post things like this before the ep, or links that clearly have a spoiler in the url "fans-get-glimpse-of-kidnapper-tonight.com"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know the chances are very slim but I'd love if the capture was Zak Dillion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

But what was the point of kidnapping KT in the first place? The kidnapper is "kind" to her though which makes me think there may be a family connection

Yeah it would be a bit of a stretch. Maybe he was resentful towards Eoghan for his growing up without his father?

Or maybe he was resentful of Debbie for what he sees as taking his father away from him and so is giving her a taste of her own medicine by taking her child away from her? He's still kind to KT though coz she's his sister?

Or maybe we're all going mad and seriously over thinking an inevitably disappointing result!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Can't believe people would post things like this before the ep, or links that clearly have a spoiler in the url "fans-get-glimpse-of-kidnapper-tonight.com"

Why? Can't see how it's a spoiler.. :confused: we've been speculation for weeks/ months , the link is just about an newspaper article also speculation..

Maybe it's one of Eoghen disgruntled taxi passenger... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It is not Tommy that much we can figure. The kidnapper is being kind to her and why? Family connection or family friend connection? Certainly. Cathal still could be in the equation as he was kind to Debbie when he held her hostage too. Cathal is a smart alec and all that but he is not heartless either and of course Cathal is afraid of those above him too. There is a lot of potential stuff going on there in the background. Ciaran. Stella. Cathal. Cathal's associates like that biker guys. Flynn still alive. But surely wouldn't all of these want something? Or is this motive the mystery that will form a post kidnap story perhaps bringing Ciaran, the most likely kidnapper, into a deeper story exploring his background and its connection to Eoghan or Katy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It is not Tommy that much we can figure. The kidnapper is being kind to her and why? Family connection or family friend connection? Certainly. Cathal still could be in the equation as he was kind to Debbie when he held her hostage too. Cathal is a smart alec and all that but he is not heartless either and of course Cathal is afraid of those above him too. There is a lot of potential stuff going on there in the background. Ciaran. Stella. Cathal. Cathal's associates like that biker guys. Flynn still alive. But surely wouldn't all of these want something? Or is this motive the mystery that will form a post kidnap story perhaps bringing Ciaran, the most likely kidnapper, into a deeper story exploring his background and its connection to Eoghan or Katy.

I think he's being kind to her because he's being paid so it's not like he's kidnapped her for his own personal reasons. Also he's so kind to the O Brien's is because of his guilt. Imagine it's a complete randommer not even a Carrigstown resident now that would be a twist.

I never noticed the door handle until tonight's episode, and I always paid attention to every detail of that cell, (looking for clues)... was that handle always there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

The motive for the kidnapping is where this storyline will excel or disappoint.

The masked kidnapper has empathy and doesn't seem to want to physically hurt KT.

But in what circumstance could the captor come out of this as being anything other than a cruel, deranged individual?

He obviously knows her too, he feels torn by having to keep her locked up in these conditions - is upset that she's upset - put his arm on her shoulder not in a lewd way...more in a brotherly or fatherly way.

What if when KT left she dropped out of society - became homeless and started to take herion - what if Eoghan found her months later while out and about in his taxi and locked her up to get her off the drugs - but it got out of hand and he didn't want her to know it was him that was keeping her prisoner. But then what if Eoghan had been sent down KT would have been left locked up forever - he'd have to have someone helping him - who could he trust? Ciarán because he's his son from another relationship and KT's half brother ...

Ah f*ck it - yeah the motive is going to be the hard part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Motive is make or break i agree. As i said nobody would go to this much hassle without a personal payoff. Its love hate and stella under orders but they prob feel a tad guilty hence all the empathy. I still reckon that was stella tonight the body was too tall for ciaran.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Motive is make or break i agree. As i said nobody would go to this much hassle without a personal payoff. Its love hate and stella under orders but they prob feel a tad guilty hence all the empathy. I still reckon that was stella tonight the body was too tall for ciaran.

Perhaps the kidnapper is being pressurised by someone else into holding Katy? Would explain why he feels empathy for her and keeps telling her she can't be released yet.

What's that loud humming noise every time we see the cell? It sounds almost like an electric generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭sudzs

It's Stripey, I'm tellin' yiz!

Remember she was folding a heap of laundry in the gym for no good reason.... that was her bulking-up kit.

All those light years ago, KT was the only obsticle to Stripey getting "ramified" and such is the power of The Ram, the obsticle had to be removed.

Plus I'm sure that look on KT's face as she saw the kidnapper, was recognition of the famaliar smell of Stripey's favourite Lenor!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Here's another thing kidnapper says she cannot be released yet, which gives the impression she will be allowed go sometime in the future,but what is he waiting on? Whats the difference between now and next week/month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Stella isn't any taller than Ciaran. In this pic she's only a few inches over Debbie. That's only Tommy's height.

https://stillslibrary.rte.ie/indexplus/db_images/14/1462/broadcast-visible-watermark/069_4356f5bf4894bde2025b139fa384ff3072ab2fae.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

RTE have just done another article this morning making several references to the fact its a man. A voice muffler muffles a voice, it doesn't change the sex of the person! Whatever about Stella being involved, thats not her!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe it is Zak who has Katy, he has had a big growth spurt from all Aunt Kitty's organic vegetables in Kilkenny :p

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maybe it is Zak who has Katy, he has had a big growth spurt from all Aunt Kitty's organic vegetables in Kilkenny :p

would be great to get Zak back. It beggars belief that they don't reintroduce him to be honest. Different actor suits the audience also!

Zak being a mini Ram, into his lurking and womanising would be great! Sure he must be about 19 or 20 anyway now. Can't recall when his parents effectively abandoned him so as they could stalk or sh$g Grey "Blackie" Connors or head to Africa for a few months and never return.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pollydee

That would actually make it a great storyline! Quick Pretzill, write the script and send it in!
    Pretzill wrote: »
    The motive for the kidnapping is where this storyline will excel or disappoint.

The masked kidnapper has empathy and doesn't seem to want to physically hurt KT.

But in what circumstance could the captor come out of this as being anything other than a cruel, deranged individual?

He obviously knows her too, he feels torn by having to keep her locked up in these conditions - is upset that she's upset - put his arm on her shoulder not in a lewd way...more in a brotherly or fatherly way.

What if when KT left she dropped out of society - became homeless and started to take herion - what if Eoghan found her months later while out and about in his taxi and locked her up to get her off the drugs - but it got out of hand and he didn't want her to know it was him that was keeping her prisoner. But then what if Eoghan had been sent down KT would have been left locked up forever - he'd have to have someone helping him - who could he trust? Ciarán because he's his son from another relationship and KT's half brother ...

Ah f*ck it - yeah the motive is going to be the hard part.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 46 Rhaegal

Pretzill wrote: »

I was thinking this way too after last nights episode which now leads me to suspect either Eoghan or Emmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

RTE have just done another article this morning making several references to the fact its a man. A voice muffler muffles a voice, it doesn't change the sex of the person! Whatever about Stella being involved, thats not her!

Whoever is speaking to Katy is definitely a man. There is no voice changer that would give a woman a deep manly voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Or........what if it's Michael and Emmets dad? Reason being......something to do with hating Debbie / wanting her back/ wanting revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 56,244 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I didn't watch last night? How many more Niamh-Paulio cliffhangers were there?

Strazdas wrote: »
    Whoever is speaking to Katy is definitely a man. There is no voice changer that would give a woman a deep manly voice.

oh, I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could it be the barchanic Mikey back as a zombie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Could it be the barchanic Mikey back as a zombie :p

Would be a good Halloween twist.

• Advertisement

who the fk minds Dermissshhhhs kids when he is out drinking every night and conspiring all day. One of the kids with a disease that can kill him at any stage!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement