Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Does anyone remember when Laura (the previous girl who played her) got her belly button pierced? I think we were spoiled with that storyline. I think the infection gave her the American accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

Good news everyone Emily is coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Who the hell is Emily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Who the hell is Emily

Laura's ex bird

gallery_soaps_fair_city_308_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

Who the hell is Emily

Here we go again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Here we go again
    .... on my own, going down the only road I've ever known......:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Oh god no. Please no. No doubt she will be involved in Dermish and Sophies domestic situation and Dermisshhs outbursts will result in Sophie being taken away.

Or else social services are going to take Ellie away after another bomb scare or joyride or something else!

But yeah looks like the new love triangle or even square will involve herself, Laura, Sasha and Nina! God help us!

Speaking of which did Sasha confirm she has no attraction to lads anymore?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Laura's ex bird

gallery_soaps_fair_city_308_1.jpg

Aha I see. She looks a lot older than Laura! But in fair city that doesn't make a difference does it!

On a separate note I don't get why enmet felt the need to use a bookies office to host a poker game! Why risk your new job and your boss losing his license, when it could of been held in anyone's house, or even a hotel room. For a so called professional poker player he certainly wasn't warey of Love Hate fella bluffing that he couldn't play Texas Holdem. Telling when people are bluffing is part and parcel of being a poker player!

That was ridiculous. A poker game organised on th street and they decide to have it in someone else's business premises!! Surely one of the Extras, Silent Jay and Bob could at least use sign language to suggest they head back to one of their apartments! I doubt Stripey or Gripey would have too much problems with Eskimo bringi9ng his mates over. Does Love Hate Paulie not have a house? Where does Howdya Hayley live?

Also why, like normal people, could they not have the game in the evening!

They are really trying to push Eskimo on us now. He has been in all these randomn pointless stories for the last 5 weeks which are as forgettable as your breakfast! Tbh I don't think he would be a bad character if he wasn't just a recycled version of every second young male character that comes in! A player, a bit of a chancer, a wheeler and dealer, a charmer, always up to no good, always scrounging!! His only real distinction is the forty layers of clothes he adorns!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That was ridiculous. A poker game organised on th street and they decide to have it in someone else's business premises!! Surely one of the Extras, Silent Jay and Bob could at least use sign language to suggest they head back to one of their apartments! I doubt Stripey or Gripey would have too much problems with Eskimo bringi9ng his mates over. Does Love Hate Paulie not have a house? Where does Howdya Hayley live?

Also why, like normal people, could they not have the game in the evening!

They are really trying to push Eskimo on us now. He has been in all these randomn pointless stories for the last 5 weeks which are as forgettable as your breakfast! Tbh I don't think he would be a bad character if he wasn't just a recycled version of every second young male character that comes in! A player, a bit of a chancer, a wheeler and dealer, a charmer, always up to no good, always scrounging!! His only real distinction is the forty layers of clothes he adorns!!

Emmett is just another version of Wayne or Mondo, a "tragic loser with a huge ego" so to speak :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The Debbie and Tommy thing is way too rushed and unnatural. They've gone from a civil and polite friendship to practically tearing the clothes off each other in the space of two episodes. This should have been building up for weeks in order to be convincing.

Stripey would make one serious poker player!! Her emotionless constantly "dazed" facial expression would make her impossible to read! Same with Dan!

Heather and Damien would be the worst and easiest to read!

00092c8b-720.jpg

fair201511231944705.jpg

022_59b7e8f570fcf69271c915a06d8cdaeb7e63c592.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

At least Eskimo boy was only wearing a t-shirt yesterday for a while at the poker game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    At least Eskimo boy was only wearing a t-shirt yesterday for a while at the poker game.

He should have played strip poker, with all his layers the game would go on for ages :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I haven't watched it since I saw nina Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Last night's card game was brilliant. Eskimo boy and love hate boy are execellent actors. Can't wait for tonight's episode.

if by good you mean bad then ya the love hate dude is terrible

I haven't watched it since I saw nina Sunday

Ah you are missing out.........Just give it "5 minutes", thats all I ask you..........

Love Hate Paulie showing his acting diversity ability in FC..........."You dont want to make an enemy of me"

I feel the need the need for speed. Haha must go watch top gun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ha I could see shadow of the microphone boom on wall with Dan and Laura walking along street!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Does Dermot think he's Columbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Whats with the Dan/Laura/Dean friendship?? I'm not getting it at all.

This is it with Fair City.
    Affairs or relationships don't have any build up.

Like most plots the affair plot arc will start on a Sunday.

Any communication/interaction between two random characters indicates try will be part of a story together.

To force the story on us we will have 3 or 4 completely random situation scenes with these characters to make it seem natural that they are close somewhat. Tommy getting Sunday dinner at Stripey, Stripey being there when Dermish starts another out of nowhere outburst towards The Ram, just general chats.

A random scene involving the person being cheated on (gripey ) will occur next episode with Gripey upsetting Stripey. He will either be lazy or slobbish or will inadvertently insult and upset Stripey by saying something about her appearance. Perhaps "why the long face", "why do you look like you are in shock all the time" "stripes don't suit you."

Tommy and Gripey will suddenly be best mates. They will drink together, timmy will be gardening for him, things like that.

There will be one or two more episodes of random DebnRam (see why I done there!) Scenes, some flirting, deep chats and stolen glances

. Stripey will make a comment re her relationship with Gripey to The Ram. Something like "oh I can't remember the last time we went to dinner" or "Gripey hates these strpes" (after Tommy compliments same stripes.)

This will lead to the deal breaker when Tommy spouts "he doesn't appreciate you enough".

By Sunday the affair will be in full swing.

Fair City. As subtle as Jose Morinho is modest. As predictable as a misery story on The Late Late.

DebnRam affair ticking ALL the boxes thus far.....................

Dermot is one nosey bastid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

The writers should be ashamed.. ridiculous stuff all around...way worse than usual

The ram had feelings in phelans , lovely play on words.

Fittle wrote: »
    Whats with the Dan/Laura/Dean friendship?? I'm not getting it at all.

They have the cringiest forced "banter" conversations ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Inspector Gadget twigged the Ram!

Was Mumbles in The Rising??????? Learn something new every day/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

They have the cringiest forced "banter" conversations ever!!
    Wanna go shoot some hoops?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement