Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

who the fk minds Dermissshhhhs kids when he is out drinking every night and conspiring all day. One of the kids with a disease that can kill him at any stage!!

The bizarre thing about Dermot is that he has a few months to live and he's busy planning the ruination of another man (!) You would have thought impending death would focus his mind and make him cherish every moment. The scriptwriters are nearly giving the game away that he isn't going anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Why doesn't Katy just throw something over the camera? Oh wait, it's Fair City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strazdas wrote: »
    The bizarre thing about Dermot is that he has a few months to live and he's busy planning the ruination of another man (!) You would have thought impending death would focus his mind and make him cherish every moment. The scriptwriters are nearly giving the game away that he isn't going anywhere.

the plot is based on the initial premise of Breaking Bad. Terminally ill man trying to make money to accomodate for his family post death.
    Sure the acting and plot development and drama is more or less the same quality. Bryan Cranston is a far inferior actor.

I like the way they don't even mention Jo anymore, as if she never existed! Write her out of the show, fair enough, but at least plan ahead for the complications!

Simply stating that she would abandon what was a fairly stable marriage and kids who she fought years and years to have, one of them on deaths door and shacking up with said ill son's doctor after a month and him taking her in and then her deciding to give up on that child and send him back to a country who can't even accomodate for his illness (the reason they left in the first place!)

It is actually mental stuff!!

Ditto, Heather, no follow up at all, ditto a million euro goes missing, no follow up. The show has an annual budget of €11 million tax payers money and can't even do a simple thing like come up with a viable plot to accomodate her exit.

Seriously, I know we go over the top here about this soap. But it really is ridiculous in the grand scheme of things.

Go way its that time already....complete cast change time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I see Niamh has bought a new coat on the strength of her impending windfall...

Glad to see Jake, Ama and Caoimhe have been released by their kidnappers and landed back into the script of Fair City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That Caoimhe has some sour miserable face. All she does is complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

fin12 wrote: »
    That Caoimhe has some sour miserable face. All she does is complain.

She makes up for it with the size of her rack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Cass would do anything to spend time with Amanda, that was some hop!

'Speak Easy' sounds like a cosy oul Shibeen from 100 yrs ago well down the country :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Glad to see Jake, Ama and Caoimhe have been released by their kidnappers and landed back into the script of Fair City

I think some of the cast are job sharing.

• Advertisement

I think some of the cast are job sharing.

Yep - we won't see Stripey, Gripey, Eoghan, Emmet or KT tonight

Oh and Sean's back too, and Cathal

She makes up for it with the size of her rack

How could u see her rack she had like a poncho on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I'm convinced it'd Mikey after last night

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

fin12 wrote: »
    How could u see her rack she had like a poncho on.

Oh she was in some other TV show acting the Nymph. Forget the name of it. Some size!

Oh she was in some other TV show acting the Nymph. Forget the name of it. Some size!

Ah that was probably Hardy Bucks, jeeze if u think they're big you obviously haven't seen Claudette in Eastenders:):D they saved her life by breaking her fall when she fell down the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Can't blame Sean I'd be fairly annoyed coming home from work to some homeless dude cooking his dinner in my kitchen

Amanda calls the incident at the allotment "ancient history"!

Two days ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I could be wrong but I smell another siege!

walshb wrote: »

The homeless guy holding ama and Sean under siege in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »

You could be right! I miss sieges, it's been 5 days since our last

• Advertisement

What was the story with Jake and the book - was he putting money in, or taking money out? I seem to have missed a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Speakeasy has become the most annoying word since the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Jesus it couldnt make much sense to go back to work in Vinos with the cost of a creche these days! Its also strange that Sean and Mr Almas "work" shcedule would clash!!!!

What was the story with Jake and the book - was he putting money in, or taking money out? I seem to have missed a bit.

He was putting money in, he seems to have saved quite a bit, he's obviously just using AMA for a place to stay for free.

Since Bursary

KT's "cell" has corrugated plastic for a roof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Hands up who else had to google what the heck a speakeasy is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭jos28

What's Oisin (he, who never pulled a pint) going to sell in his Speakeasy ?
    Dodgy booze bought over the border, Cass's poitín.....
    He could collect all the full drinks that everyone leaves behind when they leave McCoys or the Station, put them in a big barrel and sell them as Brennan's Special Brew.

O2 used to have a prepay mobile plan called Speakeasy. That's what I keep thinking of when I hear them talking about it.

Have Oisin and Amanda ever met. Think they would make an interesting couple.

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    Hands up who else had to google what the heck a speakeasy is?

I used think of Speak Easy as in the USA prohibition years. I always thought there was a brothel element to it :D

Bring back Tracey and some of the Russian ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement