Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,857 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

nagdefy wrote: »
    On an aside When did George Hamilton (the sports commentator!) do continuity announcement for Fair City?!

Also flick through and look at the characters. Niamh's voice was so meek.. Christmas 1996.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgkYJ_Q31MU

Christmas 1997 for flicking through here. Evil Dr. Jack. A chapish Wayne.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W87GJkDecy8

Niamh has hardly changed physically in twenty years, if you knew her then, you'd recognise her instantly now.

Seems like a completely different person though : she's a lot more confident and sassy now but more unlikeable perhaps? There's definitely a touch of bitterness about her with that philandering husband of hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,244 ✭✭✭✭walshb

clairek6 wrote: »
    I think he's been stealing from the shelter because Charlie warned him tonight that money has gone missing there

Was it not whispering Bob that warned him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Strazdas wrote: »
    Niamh has hardly changed physically in twenty years, if you knew her then, you'd recognise her instantly now.

Seems like a completely different person though : she's a lot more confident and sassy now but more unlikeable perhaps? There's definitely a touch of bitterness about her with that philandering husband of hers.

It's true. Bar a little fresher complexion in 1996, which you'd expect, her hair and general features are the same. You know those side links that pop up on your browser on some sites.. 'Look at these celebs today!' etc? If she was a more famous celeb she definitely wouldn't appear on those type lists. Plastic surgery seems to cause a lot of people's appearance going horribly wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

nagdefy wrote: »
    It's true. Bar a little fresher complexion in 1996, which you'd expect, her hair and general features are the same. You know those side links that pop up on your browser on some sites.. 'Look at these celebs today!' etc? If she was a more famous celeb she definitely wouldn't appear on those type lists. Plastic surgery seems to cause a lot of people's appearance going horribly wrong!

The auld cocaine doesn 't help either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sean is a very angry individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,244 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sean is a very angry individual.

You would be too if you were only getting scenes every 10 years!

walshb wrote: »
    You would be too if you were only getting scenes every 10 years!

I would be if most of my scenes are with Nussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I have noticed something about FC of late. There really is only one interesting storyline on at any one time. The whole Heather going nuts and poisoning her kid was so gripping that I cant actually remember any other storylines at that time. The current KT story is still the most interesting story of late and crap like Kerri Ann, Carol facing her dark past part 459, Pete and Damien fall out etc just stays in the background with nobody but nobody giving a flying fcuk.

Basically If you are not storyline of the month then you are not even worth mentioning! This Ama and Sean crap, dull and boring. Pete and Damien looking for work, absolutely forgettable. At the moment its all about Katy and when the whole LoveHate/Stella reveal will be made. Its a shame FC cant have TWO storylines that are interesting at the same time but that's probably stretching the writers ability way too far.

Having said all that, Oisin is the legend of the year, he really is a fantastic character and is never boring to watch, long may he stay!

I have noticed something about FC of late. There really is only one interesting storyline on at any one time. The whole Heather going nuts and poisoning her kid was so gripping that I cant actually remember any other storylines at that time. The current KT story is still the most interesting story of late and crap like Kerri Ann, Carol facing her dark past part 459, Pete and Damien fall out etc just stays in the background with nobody but nobody giving a flying fcuk.

Basically If you are not storyline of the month then you are not even worth mentioning! This Ama and Sean crap, dull and boring. Pete and Damien looking for work, absolutely forgettable. At the moment its all about Katy and when the whole LoveHate/Stella reveal will be made. Its a shame FC cant have TWO storylines that are interesting at the same time but that's probably stretching the writers ability way too far.

Having said all that, Oisin is the legend of the year, he really is a fantastic character and is never boring to watch, long may he stay!

I'm certainly finding the Niamh vs Paul storyline tedious. The two of them seem to hate each other and I'm not sure of how much interest it is whether she ruins him financially or not.

Niamh's acting scope these days is making a cross face whenever she turns away from Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I can't wait for 54 scenes of Caoimhe looking disappointed every time Damien leaves her with da baby before she admits she wants to go back to work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

What's the story with Ama and bringing the dinner up to bed to watch a movie. Is that all they are doing in bed :confused:
    I thought herself and Damien broke up because she wouldn't do the bold thing without a wedding ring :confused:

sligojoek wrote: »
    Niamh's acting scope these days is making a cross face whenever she turns away from Paul.

And Hayley, don't forget.

The whole storyline is a bit bonkers. Let's assume Dermot snuffs it : wouldn't everyone turn against her for roping a dying man into her scheming? It would make her look more callous than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Strazdas wrote: »
    And Hayley, don't forget.

The whole storyline is a bit bonkers. Let's assume Dermot snuffs it : wouldn't everyone turn against her for roping a dying man into her scheming? It would make her look more callous than anything else.

She could deny knowing anything about Dermot's illness

Did anyone here watch FC around say 2005-2008? If so, what were the stories between Paul and Niamh back then? Was it really just a constant repeat of: Paul has affair, Niamh finds out, plans revenge, at the last minute bottles it, changes her mind when Paul does something for the family and Niamh's heart melts, takes him back, they plod on, then it starts up again with the occasional Niamh having the affair, Paul forgives her etc etc..

I'm just curious as to how the mechanics between them over the years have ebbed and flowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So the homeless fella uses the hot water after hopping on Ama, stays over for free and then has a go at Sean in his place of work and Ama thinks Sean is in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So the homeless fella uses the hot water after hopping on Ama, stays over for free and then has a go at Sean in his place of work and Ama thinks Sean is in the wrong.

And wasn't ama the one who felt the house was a bit crowded when Christy stayed over? Granted, yes he had a bed in the living room, but she must have some idea how it feels!

Ain't it always the way, some people think their own sh*t don't smell.

Well I imagine Jake is no longer smelly since he uses all the hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

[quote="Wanderer2010;101492909"

I'm just curious as to how the mechanics between them over the years have ebbed and flowed.[/quote]

The only mechanic between them in recent years was Mumbles. . or did Keith ever have a go ?

With Cathal telling Debbie next week about Tommy Dillon, that should get another week or two out of the whole KT story. I wonder when they are actually going to wrap it up. Id say Christmas at this point..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

With Cathal telling Debbie next week about Tommy Dillon, that should get another week or two out of the whole KT story. I wonder when they are actually going to wrap it up. Id say Christmas at this point..

2016? 2017? 2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

bazermc wrote: »
    2016? 2017? 2018?

The 8000th episode at this stage I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Well the red handbag wasn't in evidence tonight. It wouldn't have gone with Niamh's new purple coat.

Laptop bag empty when thrown over. Nothing in coffee cup.

Speakeasy.... Has nobody even asked about licensing laws?

In Debbie's house, the wine rack in the kitchen has the same bottles in it for years.

On Katy, I couldn't care less.

Is it;

Eoghan or Eoin?

Katie or Katy?

Ama or Alma?

So many questions.......

eoghan, Katy, Ama

googlelogo_color_284x96dp.png

eoghan, Katy, Ama

googlelogo_color_284x96dp.png

Not according to the Indo.......:D

The kidnapper has also been taunting Katy with information about her family - leaving a newspaper article for her that told how her father, Eoin, had been cleared of causing the death of her brother, Michael, last year.

The kidnapper has also been taunting Katy with information about her family - leaving a newspaper article for her that told how her father, Eoin, had been cleared of causing the death of her brother, Michael, last year.

Therein lies the answer.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/who-is-fair-citys-kidnapper-top-seven-suspects-revealed-35166941.html

Could his hatred of Debbie have led him to kidnap her daughter? What we know from last night's episode is that he claimed he wasn't Tommy Joyce - so it MUST be him!

RTE spoilers etc refer to him as Eoghan! Anyway, thats only an alias!.

His real name is Gripey Ripey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Apparently this
    Jake guy (the guy Ama is friendly with) is working for Cathal
    . Could he tied into this in some way and
    using being homeless as his cover?

• Advertisement

Apparently this
    Jake guy (the guy Ama is friendly with) is working for Cathal
    . Could he tied into this in some way and
    using being homeless as his cover?

That actually a very clever twist if it turns out to be true. As in, seriously clever in that it confirms what people are thinking in one way but in another nobody would ever ever suspect
    Jake to be helping out in some way. When did he come into it do we know? The only thing we have to swallow is that Ama didn't notice anything in the background but then again he could just be helping out Cathal for another issue related to him and not Katy. Who knows?!

Next week Katys sink is blocked so her kidnapper has to enter the room to help and she apparently tries to talk to him to make a connection with him/her. For all the people who are saying "Oh she should try and clobber him, rip off his mask" etc, get real will ye! The girl is all of 5 Foot and this big guy who has kidnapped her has her very very scared of him, and even if she tried anything I'm sure he has his outside door locked as well so she wouldn't get very far, and an angry kidnapper would probably knock her out in about 3 seconds, and seeing that her life depends on him, she doesn't want to annoy him TOO much.

Remember the scene where she had to hide in the shower while he entered? She was almost shaking with fear and had to be told twice to leave the shower. She is very scared of him and although he doesn't really want to hurt her, he would if forced to and that's what keeps her in line. He could have cut her food and water as a punishment if she tried to break the camera, attack him etc. And when she woke up and he was there with his arm on her, she was understandably frozen in terror. What did he want- to rape her? Beat her? Kill her before dumping the body? Torture her? All of these thoughts must have flashed through her so for the people who complain shes not helping herself, would you really be as brave yourself in those circumstances??

Complain all you want about how long the storyline is taking to conclude, but as for the reactions of Katy, they have got it 100% spot on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement