Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

That actually a very clever twist if it turns out to be true. As in, seriously clever in that it confirms what people are thinking in one way but in another nobody would ever ever suspect
    Jake to be helping out in some way. When did he come into it do we know? The only thing we have to swallow is that Ama didn't notice anything in the background but then again he could just be helping out Cathal for another issue related to him and not Katy. Who knows?!

Next week Katys sink is blocked so her kidnapper has to enter the room to help and she apparently tries to talk to him to make a connection with him/her. For all the people who are saying "Oh she should try and clobber him, rip off his mask" etc, get real will ye! The girl is all of 5 Foot and this big guy who has kidnapped her has her very very scared of him, and even if she tried anything I'm sure he has his outside door locked as well so she wouldn't get very far, and an angry kidnapper would probably knock her out in about 3 seconds, and seeing that her life depends on him, she doesn't want to annoy him TOO much.

Remember the scene where she had to hide in the shower while he entered? She was almost shaking with fear and had to be told twice to leave the shower. She is very scared of him and although he doesn't really want to hurt her, he would if forced to and that's what keeps her in line. He could have cut her food and water as a punishment if she tried to break the camera, attack him etc. And when she woke up and he was there with his arm on her, she was understandably frozen in terror. What did he want- to rape her? Beat her? Kill her before dumping the body? Torture her? All of these thoughts must have flashed through her so for the people who complain shes not helping herself, would you really be as brave yourself in those circumstances??

Complain all you want about how long the storyline is taking to conclude, but as for the reactions of Katy, they have got it 100% spot on.

Overall this is a good story and it gets people talking. Escaping from her situation would be easier said than done! Also no matter how long it takes, this story will be way shorter than their real world equivalents like the 2 infamous ones in Austria.

I have narrowed down the kidnapper to potentially the following people:
    Ciaran, Cathal, Eoghan, Emmett, Jake
    but it would be all for very different reasons. I think we can rule out
    Tommy as the first suspect to be blamed but who is totally innocent
    . That is a common soap strategy.

Whether he is involved or not, it is great to see Cathal back. He is an interesting character with something to offer and could be the part of some interesting storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Splishsplash

Why are they blocked out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Why are they blocked out
    They are spoilers. Click and drag your mouse over them to read

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Splishsplash

Alice1 wrote: »
    They are spoilers. Click and drag your mouse over them to read

Aaaah thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Amanda is the best looking woman on the show along with Niamh just saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I'm afraid to keep reading this thread in case someone 'reveals' who the kidnapper is. Don't do it guys... please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cass sums up my reaction to this........................

Fair-City-Eps-170-Cast-hits-a-nerve-when-he-suggests-Amanda-is-afraid-to-try.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Apparently this
    Jake guy (the guy Ama is friendly with) is working for Cathal
    . Could he tied into this in some way and
    using being homeless as his cover?

What you say here, is it a spoiler you've read or an idea of yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

its bella the pedro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I also think Amanda is actually really goid looking, would be interesring to see what she looks like outside Carraigstown. Can we assume Expert Hardware dropped their sponsorship, stupid storyline that the chuckle brothers jacked in a steady business, a ten year old couldve ran it for them. Back to KT, I will make a gentlemans wager here with anyone here that Stella is not responsible. I really dont think she was more than a filler character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

@cornmdogg ill take you up on that bet. I state here and now that when this whole story is concluded, that Stella is definitely involved in some way either looking after Katy or linked in some way to the captor.
    The loser of the bet will be strapped to the stocks and pelted with tomatoes by The Talking Bread for 2 hours.
    Deal?

ps, don't get me wrong, she is a pretty girl. But she looks about 15!

Jane and Katy would be the best looking in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Both nice but imo I would have to say Charlotte is the best looking on FC. Charlotte is not only stunning to look at but also a great actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What happened to the young wan Sean was supposed to be dating?

She was in it for about one episode and then she disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

What happened to the young wan Sean was supposed to be dating?

She was in it for about one episode and then she disappeared.

ISn't that the dancer one who ended up dumping him for Mondo? Then couldn't even turn up to Angela's funeral.

Maybe its Sean who has KT. Desperate for a storyline he resorts to kidnapping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I gave up on Coronation Street about six months ago after watching it for about 30 years. It just got ridiculous. Any recommendations for another soap to watch? I watch FC and Red Rock at the moment. Or has Corrie improved at all?

happyday wrote: »
    I gave up on Coronation Street about six months ago after watching it for about 30 years. It just got ridiculous. Any recommendations for another soap to watch? I watch FC and Red Rock at the moment. Or has Corrie improved at all?

A Country Practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

FC is on tonight, I thought it was never screened on Bank Holidays :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

There has to be a cheesey Halloween party edition tonight surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,242 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Oisin. Carrigstown's greatest entrepreneur. If only he had his own laptop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Niamh is on the war path! Hope she gets the outcome she wants! Hope Dermot be ok! Oisin is such a pup you still be fond of him as a character! He really has made an impact on Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Niamh is looking well in her new coat.

Fking hell, all they are doing is throwing in business and financial terms and talking in riddles.

stock-photo-word-cloud-composed-in-business-graph-122322562.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Niamh always dresses well! Hayley has some confidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Jake is the human personification of Puss in boots

• Registered Users Posts: 56,242 ✭✭✭✭walshb

#cliffhanger number 100 ref Niamh-Paulio-Hayley-Dermish, and now Oisin.

Fair play to Oisin. This speakeasy really is no job for a dying accountant. KPMG would be much better suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Why isn't Niamh helping out with Cass?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

lol Cass looks horrified that Amanda was eating chips every day... what about everyone else we always see them in the hungry pig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That was an awful episode, nothing has changed in the whole useless pointless lets fleece Paul story and Dermots eyes are back to wild psycho mode. Why were they all working and talking about work all day? What exactly is Niamhs plan? Can somebody explain to me in laymans terms what exactly her plan to ruin Paul is coz i still dont get it?
    Kerri Ann has a really solid marriage, sp
    ending Bank Holiday sunday evening eating chips with a bunch of aul fellows instead of spending time with her husband....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Jake aka puss in boots needs to get to lidl. Ya get loads of **** there and change outta a tenner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement