Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

"Dad has Saoirse" says Damos wife (can't spell her name) isn't he in killkenny? :confused:

Seemed to be a lot of business going on tonight in FC, they normally like to relax and on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Fair City really needs to lose an episode per week. There is about dozens of scenes that just repeat the same scenario/argument/plan/confrontation/conversation etc etc. It is ridiculous. Over the last 4 episodes there has been no progress on this Niamh story. It is just going round and round in circles.
    Do they not realise they are boring the sh1te out of everyone by just throwing in financial terms and words in to make the script sound real.

Oisin referred 4 times tonight the exact same thing about one of his friends from one of the big accountancy firms in Ireland.
    I actually genuinely zone out when theses scenes appear with Oisin and The Don and Niamh talking about their business plans. The scriptwriters are making far too much of an effort to hit home that Oisin and Don are big business boys with big business knowhow and big business plans.

As for Niamh and Dermisssshhhhh's plan, I mean what in gods name!
    Divorce him and get half and fk off my screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Niamh, Oisin, Dermish and Paul spending their Bank Holiday Sunday talking about the 'Speak Easy' :confused:

You'd think they'd go to the park or something, it was a lovely day;)

Jake reminds me of Pajo the Rat from Pajo's Junkbox (Saturday morning kid's tv late 80s).

Amanda is starting to be 'glammed' up a bit. As she reforms, under the influence of that upstanding citizen Cass, i'd say she'll turn into a bit of a babe... with maybe a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

"Dad has Saoirse" says Damos wife (can't spell her name) isn't he in killkenny? :confused:

Seemed to be a lot of business going on tonight in FC, they normally like to relax and on Sunday.

I think you spelt it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

As for Niamh and Dermisssshhhhh's plan, I mean what in gods name!
    Divorce him and get half and fk off my screen.

But what IS the plan? If someone asked me to describe what exactly Niamh plans to do I haven't a notion. All that seems to be happening is Niamh and Dermot having 10 meetings a day all over the place (work. Vinos, Spar and the pub, oh and the community centre), Niamh looking at a piece of paper for 3 seconds and saying "the figures don't add up" then Dermot rips it back off her, bulges his eyes and snarls "You need to trust me or none of this will work". None of WHAT??

None of the above means a thing though, we all know Niamh and Paul are lifers so no doubt the day before Niamh executes her plan, sometime in 2025, Paul will have a heart attack or something and she will take him back out of guilt. and Dermot will still be alive...

• Advertisement

Just on the good looking ladies in Fair City my numero uno would have to go to Jane. I know Rachel Pilkington is 41 now but she's still smokin!

I like the present Farrah too. (Farrah Mark 3).

If Charlotte got out of the oul parka jacket, grundgy look she definitely has the raw materials.

Kerrie Anne is pretty enough.

Ok ladies (and gentlemen) we'll hand it over to you for the best looking male characters?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

happyday wrote: »
    I think you spelt it right.

Think it was Caoimhe s/he couldn't spell.

But what IS the plan? If someone asked me to describe what exactly Niamh plans to do I haven't a notion. All that seems to be happening is Niamh and Dermot having 10 meetings a day all over the place (work. Vinos, Spar and the pub, oh and the community centre), Niamh looking at a piece of paper for 3 seconds and saying "the figures don't add up" then Dermot rips it back off her, bulges his eyes and snarls "You need to trust me or none of this will work". None of WHAT??

None of the above means a thing though, we all know Niamh and Paul are lifers so no doubt the day before Niamh executes her plan, sometime in 2025, Paul will have a heart attack or something and she will take him back out of guilt. and Dermot will still be alive...

Agree totally. Ok so Niamh puts a ton of money into the bigger Speak Easy. Paul matches it. The idea must be for her to get all of the Speak Easy, including Paul's extra invested cash, into her hands. But how will this come about?? What will Dermissh the accountant do to accomplish this?

If it comes down to Paul signing over the deeds of the Speak Easy mistakenly then it's a silly storyline we're being sold.

Lisha wrote: »
    Think it was Caoimhe s/he couldn't spell.

Thats it.. Caoimhe.. :)

And why do they need Osions approval to go ahead with it :confused: and why would Neimh sell Sean's house? Neimh hasn't talked to Sean for about 5 years, It's all very confusing... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Im watching episodes of Glenroe on youtube. Crap as it was, it made more sense than FC's chasing the golden soap dragon attempt.

And why do they need Osions approval to go ahead with it :confused: and why would Neimh sell Sean's house? Neimh hasn't talked to Sean for about 5 years, It's all very confusing... :rolleyes:

True. Niamh and Sean had no conversation about the house.

Niamh getting more money out of Paul, than a 50/50 divorce, would best be brought about by some sort of blackmail. Maybe Niamh having some knowledge that would turn all his children against him. It looked like that was developing a few weeks back when Denzo Bishop had Paul tied up and Oisin learned how Paul blackmailed Charlotte over killing her father, Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,242 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This Niamh-Paulio story reminds me of Eskimo Boy-Hayley and their incessant business plans and deals. I don't think anyone had a fooking clue what was supposed to be happening.

Yeah, so many businesses deals in FC are headwrecking for the viewer, daftest was Cas and Charlotte and their vegetable enterprise. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What is it about these three month stories about starting new businesses etc anyway.

Sourpuss and The Pod
    Wayne and Doug and Caddle and Robbie and whatever they were doing with cars
    Oisin and Speakeasy (god, I fkn hate that term)
    Hayley, Mongo, Decco, and all their little enterprises
    Damo and Pete
    Lycra Laura and Dan
    And thousands more.

The crux of them is always constant arguing between the parties involved.

And they all fkin fail.

They are not vaguely interesting and are extremely annoying.

I'd rather watch Cass pull his carrot, Charlie rub his bunnions or Bob sweeping the street outside The Hungry Pig.

At least The Ram knows his roots and doesn't bother getting involved in these stupid enterprises. He has far too much other "business" going on anyway.

I think Pete is the most attractive male on FC, I've fancied him for years, he's consistent, open and takes no BS.... that's why I find him attractive.. :)... Pretty boys don't do it for me, is there any pretty boys in FC?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lemmiwinks86

I think mondo is the best out of a bad bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lemmiwinks86

I think mondo is the best out of a bad bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If someone is saving money it's kinda weird that they decide to put it in a book over at their girlfriends place, it was in an envelope which he could easily keep in his back pocket at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Cazale wrote: »
    Why isn't Niamh helping out with Cass?

I always find that a bit strange, he's her Grandfather and she talks to him like he is just a neighbour.

I'm assuming Niamhs father is Casses son but neither of them have ever mentioned him at all, unless he is dead or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I always find that a bit strange, he's her Grandfather and she talks to him like he is just a neighbour.

I'm assuming Niamhs father is Casses son but neither of them have ever mentioned him at all, unless he is dead or something.

I think Niamh's mother was Cass's daughter but he was an absent father away on the travels he loves to ramais about so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

If someone is saving money it's kinda weird that they decide to put it in a book over at their girlfriends place, it was in an envelope which he could easily keep in his back pocket at all times.

Bob warned him that money was going missing at the shelter so he was probably keeping it at her place so it won't be stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Bob warned him that money was going missing at the shelter so he was probably keeping it at her place so it won't be stolen.

That's what I thought too. It really should have been a non event but with Amas accusing nature and Sean storming in getting involved as usual it's probably going to be the start of the end of JAma....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RKF

I love how the millionaire Paul goes to the community centre for a cuppa.

Based on last week it looks like November is going to be a real bad month for storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

RKF wrote: »
    I love how the millionaire Paul goes to the community centre for a cuppa.

Based on last week it looks like November is going to be a real bad month for storylines.

Don't forget the hang samwiches at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

nagdefy wrote: »
    Just on the good looking ladies in Fair City my numero uno would have to go to Jane.

Ok ladies (and gentlemen) we'll hand it over to you for the best looking male characters?!

The Ram is the best looking fella in Carrickstown with Dan as a backup

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

The Ram is the best looking fella in Carrickstown with Dan as a backup

There's slim pickings in carrickstown for the ladies! Lovely looking girls ....Kerry Anne, sash without all the make up, Hayley, Jane, niamh, charlotte, Amanda,caoimhe etc.
    Very little to choose from from the lads....Sean I suppose has potential.....mondo is ok but a bit boyish.
    Sure it's no wonder that ama had to turn to the homeless shelter to find someone!
    Louis who used to own the pub was quite handsome

• Registered Users Posts: 18,856 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

happyday wrote: »
    I think Niamh's mother was Cass's daughter but he was an absent father away on the travels he loves to ramais about so much.

In the 1996 clip that was posted here recently, Niamh says something about having to look after "the kids" for her mum the previous evening, the implication being that these would be her younger brothers and sisters. Who would they be and did they ever feature on the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭cw girl

Strazdas wrote: »
    In the 1996 clip that was posted here recently, Niamh says something about having to look after "the kids" for her mum the previous evening, the implication being that these would be her younger brothers and sisters. Who would they be and did they ever feature on the show?

Sean is her brother, I also think that the mother of Mondo's child is Niamh's sister (Ciara?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,856 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

cw girl wrote: »
    Sean is her brother, I also think that the mother of Mondo's child is Niamh's sister (Ciara?)

Oh right, I remember her....she was his longterm girlfriend and is still mentioned by him. So Niamh is Juliet's aunt then? I never knew that :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement