Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭cw girl

Strazdas wrote: »
    Oh right, I remember her....she was his longterm girlfriend and is still mentioned by him. So Niamh is Juliet's aunt then? I never knew that :)

I THINK so but open to correction, not a regular viewer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

cw girl wrote: »
    I THINK so but open to correction, not a regular viewer!

Yes there was a big storyline in 2003 when Kira (pretty sure that's how her name was spealt became pregnant). If i remember correctly, Gina, Niamh's mam wanted Kira to have an abortion. Mondo was 17 and Kira was that age or younger. Wehad predictable storylines like the 2 of them going to set up home together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Yes it was 'Kira' alright.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=mondo+and+Kira+fair+city&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=662&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwik0JrOl4XQAhVqIsAKHWeHDv8QsAQIHQ#imgrc=1LDRwdQ_bNm8lM%3A

Aswell as Kira and Sean Niamh had at least 2 siblings younger than those 2. No word of them since. Unlike the Doyles, we constantly have Louise, Suzanne, Yvonne, Darren mentioned and featuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

At long last, next week we learn who has kidnapped Katy. Not only that, but its more than one person!! My money still on Ciaran and Stella. Interesting times ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

At long last, next week we learn who has kidnapped Katy. Not only that, but its more than one person!! My money still on Ciaran and Stella. Interesting times ahead

Thanks be to fk.
    Where did you see that? I have a feeling they may bring
    Jake
    into it but I hope not. That would be a cheap way out. It needs to be character with some connection to the whole thing.

Also it is clearly a Dublin accent in that muzzled voice so to change that now would just take the p!ss.

• Advertisement

Thanks be to fk.
    Where did you see that? I have a feeling they may bring
    Jake
    into it but I hope not. That would be a cheap way out. It needs to be character with some connection to the whole thing.

Also it is clearly a Dublin accent in that muzzled voice so to change that now would just take the p!ss.

Its under spoilers on RTE.
    She still wont be left go though, next week she tries to escape or outwit them but they are ten steps ahead of her so its more than likely Love Hate and Stella/Cathal/Jake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

It's on! ;)
    @cornmdogg ill take you up on that bet. I state here and now that when this whole story is concluded, that Stella is definitely involved in some way either looking after Katy or linked in some way to the captor.
    The loser of the bet will be strapped to the stocks and pelted with tomatoes by The Talking Bread for 2 hours.
    Deal?

Cormdogg wrote: »
    It's on! ;)

Binding contract ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

If someone is saving money it's kinda weird that they decide to put it in a book over at their girlfriends place, it was in an envelope which he could easily keep in his back pocket at all times.

it is an absolutly atrociously lazily written scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 18,856 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Not a big surprise then :
    If the kidnapper is holding Katy at a neutral venue and not inside his own house, he would need an accomplice or accomplices. It would simply be too problematic and risky to leave her wherever she is on her own for 16 hours or so, anything could happen while he wasn't there so he would need other people to be there keeping an eye on things. Perhaps it's the accomplice or accomplices who is sometimes putting the stuff through the hatch to Katy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Not a big surprise then :
    If the kidnapper is holding Katy at a neutral venue and not inside his own house, he would need an accomplice or accomplices. It would simply be too problematic and risky to leave her wherever she is on her own for 16 hours or so, anything could happen while he wasn't there so he would need other people to be there keeping an eye on things. Perhaps it's the accomplice or accomplices who is sometimes putting the stuff through the hatch to Katy

How is this a spoiler.........:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Elsewhere, when Jake
    is seen handing over cash to Cathal Spillane, Ama vows to get to
    the bottom of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Elsewhere, when Jake
    is seen handing over cash to Cathal Spillane, Ama vows to get to
    the bottom of it.

It will be interesting to see how all this pans out. I have discussed some possibilities below (some are based on spoilers so I have included all in the spoiler tags):
    This Jake guy is certainly involved in dodgy dealings with Cathal. Do not really know if this is going to be part of the Katy story as well but perhaps there are multiple captors of Katy perhaps with Ciaran, Stella, Jake, Cathal and others we haven't seen involved. Amanda's family could be introduced via it too and there is the possibility of having Hayley involved thus dragging Paul into it. Maybe the Cathal and Jake storyline is separate and Cathal has nothing to do directly with Katy's kidnapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,597 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got it into my head that Jake is saving up his money to get an Irish passport of Carham.

I got it into my head that Jake is saving up his money to get an Irish passport of Carham.

That's very possible, and yet another red herring in this Katy story. At least its just one more week before the big reveal. I wonder do any of the cast or script writers read this thread? There really is only this and the FC Fans Facebook page which talks about it. I couldn't resist a peek if I were a script writer!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,597 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The main reason I want Jake to stay out of trouble is just so Sean doesn't get to stay on his high horse.

How is this a spoiler.........:confused:

I'm addressing the info from the first spoiler. If I leave it as plain text, it would be obvious to anyone what the first spoiler said.

That's very possible, and yet another red herring in this Katy story. At least its just one more week before the big reveal. I wonder do any of the cast or script writers read this thread? There really is only this and the FC Fans Facebook page which talks about it. I couldn't resist a peek if I were a script writer!

The captor said to Katy 'I am sorry you have to go through this'. What does this imply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

The captor said to Katy 'I am sorry you have to go through this'. What does this imply?

That he is sorry i guess

Yes, this is a recurring theme. He has also said "It's not possible to release you yet" a couple of times. Is he being pressurised or forced by someone to keep her captive or he is a member of a criminal gang and acting under orders?

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »
    That he is sorry i guess

Which implies one of two things: that he is being forced to hold her by someone else or he is protecting her from something by holding her. Taking a look at some of who may be involved (I'm ruling out Tommy completely at this stage):

Cathal: we are unclear if Cathal is a bad guy or not but he probably is a mix of bad and good. He certainly could kidnap someone (he did it with Debbie) and also has shown he has a conscience (he was kind to Debbie when she was held by him). Cathal seemed to be controlled by his father and maybe others. He could kidnap Katy, not exactly feel happy doing so and then be as nice as he can to her.

Ciaran: we know next to nothing about him other than he is a mechanic who wandered into FC one night and has befriended the O'Briens. He was last seen as a Nidge ally in Love/Hate series 5. Because of this background, this actor was probably chosen to portray a criminal too here. While not knowing for sure, I would be very surprised if Ciaran hasn't got something to do with it.

Stella: We have only ever seen her briefly. For a time, I thought we were going to get a fluid gender storyline with her but instead she was linked to a gang. Could she be involved with Flynn's people? Like Ciaran, we know little about her background. Would not be surprised if she was involved.

Flynn: Flynn may not be dead or dying and may be running things from in or out of prison. Would not be a bit surprised if Flynn was really alive. I would believe he is dead and that this angle is unlikely but it still could be possible. One thing I do know is that there are people higher up than Cathal and Cathal is as much under the control of others as anyone else.

Jake: we
    are told he is up to something handing money to Cathal and hiding that money in Ama's place
    . That other homeless guy had the potential to be dangerous and involved in crime while Jake was potrayed as good. Once more, this character may or may not have a role in this Katy business but if he has, he is not the planner of it either.

Eoghan/Debbie/Emmett/Rose: Could one or more of her family do it to protect her from other family members or situations? Hard to know. Plus you'd assume the court case would wrap that up.

These seem the most likely but I suppose Amanda's family, Robbie (coerced by Flynn's people), and Nina (who'd do anything for a story) could be linked into it too. Hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I wonder if any of the FC cast post on this thread.. :confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I have no idea who Stella is at all. I must have missed a few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

nagdefy wrote: »
    Yes it was 'Kira' alright.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=mondo+and+Kira+fair+city&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=662&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwik0JrOl4XQAhVqIsAKHWeHDv8QsAQIHQ#imgrc=1LDRwdQ_bNm8lM%3A

Aswell as Kira and Sean Niamh had at least 2 siblings younger than those 2. No word of them since. Unlike the Doyles, we constantly have Louise, Suzanne, Yvonne, Darren mentioned and featuring.

There was another sister - Caitriona.
    Cass is Niamh's grand-father on her fathers side.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Jake saving up for a new designer handbag for Ama :p

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Sean was living in Sarah's house but now he and Niamh are selling Gina's house, so where is that?

Also when did Go 2 Guys close their shop?

Yes, this is a recurring theme. He has also said "It's not possible to release you yet" a couple of times. Is he being pressurised or forced by someone to keep her captive or he is a member of a criminal gang and acting under orders?

.....yer wrecking me head with these theories .....lost interest months ago .....just stop :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Sean was living in Sarah's house but now he and Niamh are selling Gina's house, so where is that?

Also when did Go 2 Guys close their shop?

When Expert Hardware got so passed off with being associated with the show they stopped sponsoring/product placing their name on the building!

I actually don't know if there was an actual story done to highlight them closing the shop. All they do is argue and stress about work constantly. I zone out when they come on screen.

.....yer wrecking me head with these theories .....lost interest months ago .....just stop :mad:

I think BuilderPlumber has some great theories and a lot of what he says makes sense and no doubt the eventual reveal will be a mix of a few different theories. I enjoy reading them, no need to knock people for that!

• Advertisement

Cathal: we are unclear if Cathal is a bad guy or not but he probably is a mix of bad and good. He certainly could kidnap someone (he did it with Debbie) and also has shown he has a conscience (he was kind to Debbie when she was held by him). Cathal seemed to be controlled by his father and maybe others. He could kidnap Katy, not exactly feel happy doing so and then be as nice as he can to her.

I knew the events leading up to this but did Cathal not terrorize Debbie when he had her hostage? I could be completely wrong, its just I get the vibe she is terrified of him, did he maybe knock her around a few times? I missed that episode, but if he could be a decent person deep down, that might explain the Katy situation IF it turns out to be him..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement