Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I knew the events leading up to this but did Cathal not terrorize Debbie when he had her hostage? I could be completely wrong, its just I get the vibe she is terrified of him, did he maybe knock her around a few times? I missed that episode, but if he could be a decent person deep down, that might explain the Katy situation IF it turns out to be him..

I don't think he was ever violent IIRC but had her tied up. He showed kindness to her by getting her water, etc. Debbie hates him for a variety of reasons. Cathal in turn seemed terrified of his father and/or his father's associates. Cathal did not show he had the cruel, savage tendencies of a Billy Meehan, Paddy Bishop or Bill Taylor.

We are lead to believe that the events Cathal and Debbie were involved in and the fallout from them is why Katy is being held. It would be a big twist if Jake turned out to be Mr Big and be the boss of all the rest of them. Perhaps
    he is paying Cathal to take care of something
    . Is this Jake a big
    South American drug dealer in reality? If Jake is revealed to be a bad guy or indeed the top bad guy, I don't think they would risk showing a homeless character to be that and would have him posing as homeless instead

I think BuilderPlumber has some great theories and a lot of what he says makes sense and no doubt the eventual reveal will be a mix of a few different theories. I enjoy reading them, no need to knock people for that!

There is great potential here of course to introduce some great post-reveal storylines too. Let us say that what happens to Katy involves directly or indirectly Ciaran, Cathal, Stella, Jake and a few new characters we have yet to see. Let's say Amanda's family are also brought into it. Link Paul and Hayley into it some way too. Hayley apparently comes from a dodgy background too.

Let's say Jake is right at the heart of things. This would drag Ama into it and would give her a good story and expand her character beyond being a self righteous hypocrite. The actor who plays Ama is good and with the right material, her character could be interesting.

If it was Robbie who was revealed, it would be interesting too. I think Robbie is a good character and there is a lot of potential there as a good but flawed man with a dodgy past. Decco is another character who could be explored more. Robbie is a remote possibility and Decco is totally unlikely to be involved in the Katy business but who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

In fairness to you Builderplumber, you have more or less explained the possibility of almost the whole cast having a role in this Katy sh1te in one way or another!! If you don't get one of your theories right, you will have to give up!!

Fair play for your optimistic approach and detailed critiques of the show!! I just can't take it as seriously as you!! That is not a criticism by the way! I just prefer the satirical and p1ss take approach!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

nagdefy wrote: »
    Yes there was a big storyline in 2003 when Kira (pretty sure that's how her name was spealt became pregnant). If i remember correctly, Gina, Niamh's mam wanted Kira to have an abortion. Mondo was 17 and Kira was that age or younger. Wehad predictable storylines like the 2 of them going to set up home together.

Were Ray and Gina an item once upon a time....well around the time Gina died or did I dream that.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Were Ray and Gina an item once upon a time....well around the time Gina died or did I dream that.

Gina died at her wedding to Ray!!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/im-worn-out-playing-a-killer-says-fair-citys-pat-27918593.html!

Niamh and The Don got married on the same day.

• Advertisement

I think BuilderPlumber has some great theories and a lot of what he says makes sense and no doubt the eventual reveal will be a mix of a few different theories. I enjoy reading them, no need to knock people for that!

It was Stradaz I was responding to ??? .........not BuilderPlumber!

My post was "knocking" the subject (kidnapping theories) ........not the poster.

Forgive me for tiring of these conspiracy theories.......after a siege that's lasted half a year. Maybe I have a short attention span? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

There is great potential here of course to introduce some great post-reveal storylines too. Let us say that what happens to Katy involves directly or indirectly Ciaran, Cathal, Stella, Jake and a few new characters we have yet to see. Let's say Amanda's family are also brought into it. Link Paul and Hayley into it some way too. Hayley apparently comes from a dodgy background too.

Let's say Jake is right at the heart of things. This would drag Ama into it and would give her a good story and expand her character beyond being a self righteous hypocrite. The actor who plays Ama is good and with the right material, her character could be interesting.

If it was Robbie who was revealed, it would be interesting too. I think Robbie is a good character and there is a lot of potential there as a good but flawed man with a dodgy past. Decco is another character who could be explored more. Robbie is a remote possibility and Decco is totally unlikely to be involved in the Katy business but who knows?

Yes that would provide for at least another years worth of storylines and then of course if or when the kidnappers are convicted, the trial scenes are usually interesting. The RTE Guide did a kind of WhoDunnit article this week and they pretty much copied and pasted the posts all over this thread: 5 Main Suspects 1.Cathal 2.Tommy 3, Stella 4. Oisin and 5. Ciaran, and for all the reasons that people have outlined at length in this thread.

I'm still sticking with Ciaran with help from Stella, there has to be some help there feeding and looking after a girl like Katy 24/7. He couldn't do it on his own. Even if Stella isn't involved id love to see her back and her character developed more. Although id say if Katy ever gets out she will be off dating for a few years ha.

It was Stradaz I was responding to ??? .........not BuilderPlumber!

My post was "knocking" the subject (kidnapping theories) ........not the poster.

Forgive me for tiring of these conspiracy theories.......after a siege that's lasted half a year. Maybe I have a short attention span :cool:

Hey be careful what you wish for- this whole Katy kidnap story will no doubt end up in a month-long siege with Love Hate and his Uzis in one corner and Stella and her hairspray in the other corner! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,597 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Where's that coffee shop that theirs being a few scenes in lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Where's that coffee shop that theirs being a few scenes in lately?

I was just coming on here to ask that question! Where is this mystery venue??!

• Advertisement

God, almighty, they really think this plot and business plan is so sophisticated with oisin and The Don just throwing in random business words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Ground hog day is right. Classic FC jump to conclusions with Jakey boy. Oh wait its the next exact same scenario again, like when they thought Jake was robbing the medicine, they got it wrong, Jake doesnt bother to explain himself, then he says to Ama/Alma "I thought you of all people would understand"

Its nice of Bob to let people use the HP for business without ordering anything.

What is Niamh's business exactly? Is she a web designer?

CLIFFHANGER TIME!!!!!!!!

Does The Don want Ben's imminent death on his conscience...

Find out soon!!

raw

And the answer is yes, The Don has some minor empathy to the situation. He has also had the common sense to bring up the matter of Jo.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Sean was living in Sarah's house but now he and Niamh are selling Gina's house, so where is that?

Also when did Go 2 Guys close their shop?

When Expert Hardware withdrew sponsorship

Why is Jake homeless exactly? He's from South America, Chile???? I work with loads of South Americans, the rest of them can be found partying in Diceys on a Tuesday. Is there any back story to Jake? Saying that now, The Ram is also homeless.

Damo v Pete back on after a brief return to bromance

Greyface Bella is so depressing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Bloody marvellous - more Pete v Damo
    Getting heartily sick of the same crap over and over...

Another episode ends with Dermissshhhhh and Niamh deciding for the twentieth time to fleece The Don. As if its a dramatic twist. We get it.

Jesus H Christ. How many combos of the same people in different venues did they use tonight? They were everywhere.

So is that the end of the Laura/Steroids story?

• Advertisement

Ffs Niamh do us all a favour and just kill Paul and claim on his life insurance, you will get more money and we wont have to endure scene after scene of you and Dermot agreeing that "this is it" "no way back" "I'm committed to this" etc etc etc, Jesus I cant take this crap for much longer. We all know the ending-remember the golden rule of FC: Niamh will always end up with Paul and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

What exactly are Niamh and Dermish doing to Paul's spondoolicks ?
    I know that Dermish is getting Don Paulioni to sign papers to release funds, then what ???

jos28 wrote: »
    I know that Dermish is getting Don Paulioni to sign papers to release funds, then what ???

I have been asking that q as well, the truth is I haven't a clue what the plan is. All I know is its very serious and requires months of careful thinking before you commit to it. I'm sure the words assets, bursary, investor, speakeasy, remortgage and Oisin are connected somehow. Let me know if you ever find out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

God I'm so sick of Pete and Damien. Who cares at this stage if they don't work together anymore. It's as bad as the Niamh and Paul situation. Will they or won't they. Pete and Damien are so boring.

jos28 wrote: »

We are going to have to endure him signing one form every episode for the next two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Is this all going to end like Dolores' millions ? Nobody noticing that accounts are being cleared out, no calls from the fraud department of the bank ???
    Jesus. someone used my credit card to buy beer in Australia last year(while I was in Dublin) and the bank rang me immediately to verify that I was not in Australia.
    At least Dermish is getting Paul to sign papers, poor Dolly's money was taken online without her knowledge. Does anyone here have a €1m limit on their online transactions ?

Yes that would provide for at least another years worth of storylines and then of course if or when the kidnappers are convicted, the trial scenes are usually interesting. The RTE Guide did a kind of WhoDunnit article this week and they pretty much copied and pasted the posts all over this thread: 5 Main Suspects 1.Cathal 2.Tommy 3, Stella 4. Oisin and 5. Ciaran, and for all the reasons that people have outlined at length in this thread.

I'm still sticking with Ciaran with help from Stella, there has to be some help there feeding and looking after a girl like Katy 24/7. He couldn't do it on his own. Even if Stella isn't involved id love to see her back and her character developed more. Although id say if Katy ever gets out she will be off dating for a few years ha.

No developments on that story tonight. Only thing we can do is rule out Jake as a mastermind of anything. He either is telling the truth about the passport or else owes Cathal a drug debt. Could this mean that Cathal and Jake are the start of another storyline?

The 5 main suspects given above must include the culprit(s). Like you, I'd go for Ciaran and Stella. I think we know more or less already it is not Tommy. Cannot see it being Oisin but it would be a total surprise if he turned out to be the one. I feel both him and Tommy are included because of the Jane and Judith storylines respectively. That narrows it down to Cathal, Ciaran and Stella. All 3 could certainly be involved and an argument for either or all could be made. I think Cathal may be a little too obvious. Ciaran and Stella are the two I'd say somehow.

Elsewhere, this Dermot/Paul/Niamh/Oisin storyline is getting stranger and stranger. Are we really seeing the last of Dermot? Or a poor Paul? Oisin is bound to cop on to something. The way Dermot is acting and the fact he shows little signs of illness is strange. There is more to this story than meets the eye!

Id guess that Dermot was wrongly diagnosed as i cant see him leaving the show plus hes showing absolutely no signs of illness at all plus continuing to drink nearly every night and knock back junk food in the Hungry pig ,very odd!
    Speaking of which they should stop playing that weird repetitive jazz music on a loop all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

So. Many. Meetings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I missed a few episodes there
    Comedy gold tonight, pip the younger aka oisin meeting people in suits and then sacking poor dermot, oh the rascal
    Niamh telling what fr ted would refer to as big flippin lies with bells on them
    Ama the most untrustworthy character in the soap, her sort of bf confides in her so off she runs to tell sean and Bob.
    I foresee a reformed Amanda as a regular in 12 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement