Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Too much Ama and Bella tonight for my liking!
    Robbie mixed up in the passport scam by all accounts and starts coming the heavy on them. I wonder does Carol know about Robbies criminal background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

If Dermot looked a bit like the way Phil Mitchell does in Eastenders, I might believe he has liver (or is it kidney?) cancer. They're really taking the pee with this storyline, and it would have had so much potential for a decent story if done right

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

speakeasy.. Wha the ****in hell is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

maurv1 wrote: »
    If Dermot looked a bit like the way Phil Mitchell does in Eastenders, I might believe he has liver (or is it kidney?) cancer. They're really taking the pee with this storyline, and it would have had so much potential for a decent story if done right

Ha! Bit of a difference alright!!

11844219-low_res-eastenders-october-december-2016.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=450&h=253&crop=1
    015_da8e759b4b56962cb626c2e3ab634af95a34a352.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Id guess that Dermot was wrongly diagnosed as i cant see him leaving the show plus hes showing absolutely no signs of illness at all plus continuing to drink nearly every night and knock back junk food in the Hungry pig ,very odd!
    Speaking of which they should stop playing that weird repetitive jazz music on a loop all the time.

Has to be. I know he got the diagnosis in front of Robbie but perhaps later got a less serious diagnosis but has committed himself to a scam to make him richer and take it easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

maurv1 wrote: »
    Was shocked when I saw state of phil tonight. He really looks as if he is dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Ha! Bit of a difference alright!!

11844219-low_res-eastenders-october-december-2016.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=450&h=253&crop=1
    Now that you mention Phil Mitchell he's obviously someone who influenced Ciaran/Love-Hate's acting what with all his his extended exhaling after every sentence :pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Just checked the synopsis on the tv guide apparently Katy's captor will be revealed on next Tuesday november 8th's episode it'll be too obvious and a let-down if it's Tommy, Jake or Cathal it has to be someone we haven't seen in a while or haven't suspected, I'll put a euro on Sean he's such a misery guts the only way he could get anyone to listen to him is if he kidnapped them

Now that you mention Phil Mitchell he's obviously someone who influenced Ciaran/Love-Hate's acting what with all his his extended exhaling after every sentence :pac::)

Whenever Ciaran just pops up out of nowwhere when Gripey and Emmett are in a middle of a row about Katy and just casually says hi, as if nothing is happening it always reminds me of this!
    Once you see him doing it once, you will never get it out of your head!

Damo is another culprit! The whole casual walk up hands in the pocket, sneak into a private conversation type!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,853 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Why is Jake homeless exactly? He's from South America, Chile???? I work with loads of South Americans, the rest of them can be found partying in Diceys on a Tuesday. Is there any back story to Jake? Saying that now, The Ram is also homeless.

Damo v Pete back on after a brief return to bromance

A lot of South Americans in Ireland seem to be from middle class backgrounds and to have money. It looks like Jake might have entered the country illegally and has no visa.

• Advertisement

Has to be. I know he got the diagnosis in front of Robbie but perhaps later got a less serious diagnosis but has committed himself to a scam to make him richer and take it easier.

I can't help thinking Niamh will come out of this rather badly. She's telling lies left, right and centre and acting deviously, all to supposedly 'get even' with Paul for his infidelity. I suspect people will just see her as a bit bitter and twisted though, especially for making up the stuff about Ben being seriously ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Just checked the synopsis on the tv guide apparently Katy's captor will be revealed on next Tuesday november 8th's episode it'll be too obvious and a let-down if it's Tommy, Jake or Cathal it has to be someone we haven't seen in a while or haven't suspected, I'll put a euro on Sean he's such a misery guts the only way he could get anyone to listen to him is if he kidnapped them

I thought they had forgotten about her. No mention in the last episode. I'm sick of Niamh and Dermot's plotting. The same thing over and over and no one knows what they are really up to. Dermot's squinty eyed look is being overused!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sorry, have to ask again. WTF are Niamh and Dermish doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

walshb wrote: »

Flogging a poorly scripted horse near half to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Nagdefy. I don't know how to private message . Just wondering do you know you can an injection to prevent pheumonia for 5 years. As I remember you said you have chest infection.

walshb wrote: »

They're attempting to fleece Paul out of all his money, but I wonder if this is even legal or if could he have the pair of them done for fraud if he finds out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Niamh as Paul's wife entitled to half his assets etc., :confused: in a divorce and is she is down on the birth cert as Ruth's mother, did she adopt her

• Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »
    They're attempting to fleece Paul out of all his money, but I wonder if this is even legal or if could he have the pair of them done for fraud if he finds out.

I think we all know this. It's more how they are going about it. Like an episode of Carry On/Benny Hill with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I wonder how the big reveal will happen. It's the same day as the US election. So maybe they'll have Mario Rosenstock dressed up as Donald Trump as the KT captor

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Or Ian Dempsey in a surprise "poached by RTE" story arc....

Still reckon its Robbie with some backstory about mother coming back, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Nagdefy. I don't know how to private message . Just wondering do you know you can an injection to prevent pheumonia for 5 years. As I remember you said you have chest infection.

Thanks donkeykong. I'll look for the private message section. I've had recurring pneumonia since May and have been hospitalised twice. I had no history of such problems. And i'd usually cycle or run 5 or 6 times a week. Just bad look really. Thankfully i got really good news from a consultant yesterday that my lungs are clearing well. I've to get back to walking etc and should be back to work in 3 mts. There's a lot of fatigue with it and i'm looking forward to that passing.

Fair City, despite all it's little problems, has been a nice little escape!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Niamh as Paul's wife entitled to half his assets etc., :confused: in a divorce and is she is down on the birth cert as Ruth's mother, did she adopt her

Wouldn't 50% be worth all the hassle and she could let her true feelings towards Paul be shown rather than all the silly lies and how indefinite the 'plan' is.

Was shocked when I saw state of phil tonight. He really looks as if he is dying.

I haven't seen Eastenders in a month or so but Phil's hair has gone from brown to practically white!

I hate The Don but I am hoping this whole plan or whatever it is fails. Shows how much I think of hypocrite Niamh whos has has been party to plenty of affairs in her lifetime and given an affluent life and a good family by The Don. FFS it was only a year and a half ago he took her back after shacking up with some mumbling gobsh1te!

The writers seem to have totally failed in recollecting Niamh's past.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So when Bob and Ama found out that Jake got a fake passport which is a criminal offense and should be kicked back to Chile on the next plane for doing it,suddenly they all feel bad and Bob offers him his job back.

Hope Sean reports him to immigration.

I hate The Don but I am hoping this whole plan or whatever it is fails. Shows how much I think of hypocrite Niamh whos has has been party to plenty of affairs in her lifetime and given an affluent life and a good family by The Don. FFS it was only a year and a half ago he took her back after shacking up with some mumbling gobsh1te!

Yes i'm losing sympathy with her by the episode. It obviously would make for a shorter storyline but why doesn't she rant at him,filefor divorce and get her 50%, do the decent thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Whereas Niamh will take Paul back over and over again, year after year after year, affair after affair, because that's all her character is good for these days. I wonder does the actress ever despair at how pathetic and one-dimensional her character is? Not enough to try something else, evidently, and she dare not open her mouth and say something negative about the soap or else she will find herself rubbing shoulders with Jo and Harry Molloy and Christie....

That's where the real problem with FC lies- thin skinned script writers who cant accept any criticism.

Whereas Niamh will take Paul back over and over again, year after year after year, affair after affair, because that's all her character is good for these days. I wonder does the actress ever despair at how pathetic and one-dimensional her character is? Not enough to try something else, evidently, and she dare not open her mouth and say something negative about the soap or else she will find herself rubbing shoulders with Jo and Harry Molloy and Christie....

That's where the real problem with FC lies- thin skinned script writers who cant accept any criticism.

Right, actors like Jo, Christie and Harry criticised the show and got short shrift?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Where's that coffee shop that theirs being a few scenes in lately?

Looks like the Station beer garden with lots of giant coffee advertising posters, it looks like FC are trying to make it look like a new coffee shop... .. Could also be the Speakeasy.. ;)

• Advertisement

nagdefy wrote: »
    Yes i'm losing sympathy with her by the episode. It obviously would make for a shorter storyline but why doesn't she rant at him,filefor divorce and get her 50%, do the decent thing!

She's actually being a bit nasty. She married a cad but now that she knows that he is still philandering, it would be much easier to simply walk away. Also, involving a supposedly dying man in her scheming is not going to look too good when it's discovered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement