Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I am taking what is mine, tonight.

Tomorrow, I am giving back what is mine.

And on and on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lemmiwinks86

Ok. This is beyond tedious now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

And that is how RTE get away with 200 episodes of FC per year. spit, swallow, repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I said it before and I'll say it again, it's ok Dermot, Jo and her new doctor will have plenty of money for Ben and Zoe. Stop straining yourself Dermot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I said it before and I'll say it again, it's ok Dermot, Jo and her new doctor will have plenty of money for Ben and Zoe. Stop straining yourself Dermot!

It is a weird storyline. Paul is being Paul and Niamh is being Niamh but things just don't add up with Dermot. He is up to something very deep and devious and seems to be using a mistaken diagnosis which he must know is that at this stage along with the trust of his biggest and richest client and the use of their family disputes to make himself rich.

Surely if Dermot was really dying and really cared about his children, he'd contact Jo and she would look after them. Maybe Niamh's lie to Paul about a threat that Ben might go back to Jo is not a million miles away from the real issues in this story. Maybe Dermot feels inadequate and under threat because he is relatively poor and cannot provide Ben what Jo can. Carrying a misdiagnosis and faked illness on and using Paul and Niamh's situation to get rich quick could be his game. If rather conveniently we learn that Cathal is also a Dermot client, then we have the guy Dermot can pin it on to get away with it.

• Advertisement

nagdefy wrote: »
    Niamh and Paul is just deja vu at this stage.

Niamh is really pathetic, no other way of describing her. The minute Paul shows any bit of decency and she's all in love again. Really unstable character!

It is typical Niamh. She has been always like this with Paul and don't be surprised if Niamh is the one who will blow Dermot's cover in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oh Niamh you devious cow. Pretending to Dermot you want to call off "the deal"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Derms and Neimh have really not thought about the concousquese of this scam, do they really think they're going to pull this off and and carry on with their lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was shocked when I saw state of phil tonight. He really looks as if he is dying.

Phil was using too much of Sharon's tan :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

laylag wrote: »
    It really is beyond a joke. Might as well just watch the same episode on repeat for two weeks and we'd have the same amount of progression!

FC at the moment reminds me of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm done with this crap show. I cannot take the utterly poor script writing and bonkers characterisations anymore. Tonights personality transplants finished it for me. I've seen independently made short films get ripped apart for far less.

Its all quite sad that FC has any semblence of respect attached to it considering its budget and profile.

I may be back to poke fun or get banned for offending any fan. But even poking fun at this rubbish is proving difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Amanda has not one redeeming feature. Every word out of her mouth is vitriolic (same for Hayley)...... yet they're all bending over backwards to give her a bed. Stooopid.

And she needed to get a taxi home? She doesnt even live in Carraigstown. Also if CT is supposed to be sonewhere semi suburban like Raheny what business has any character who doesnt live there being there? Like bumping into Cathal Spillane? Is he popping out to Carraigstown for a Hungry Pig? Like WTF were Waynes ex and co doing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

walshb wrote: »
    My point was from a legal view. You said the kids are not hers. Legally she is their mother. Biology is a separate issue.

And my point was very legal ... she could end up paying Paul maintenance! !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Jesus H Christ Niamh is a joke of a woman she is beyond pathetic, did she really forget that Paul has cheated on her not once but twice in recent times, remember Farrah?? Not to mention Oisin has ruined their marriage and Paul has driven their daughter away. Despite all that, a few cheap words from Paul about family and all of a sudden she forgets the whole plan and wants to start over, seriously??!! Who the hell signed off on that scene, her actions matched none of the previous 6 weeks.
    If herself and Dermot talk about the plan one more time and promise revenge on Paul and how, when they are done with him, he will be left with nothing, im putting my foot through the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Erm was it only last Christmas he was sh****ing Nicola in the family home 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Are Niamh and Dermott supposed to be complere skitzos???

That Garda scene took the absolute buscuit. A 6 year old would write something better. I am going to call the local cop shop and tell them my neighbour has an (just one) ilegal immigrant living there, oh and I wont give them my details, then Im going to sit vack for ten minutes and wait for 2 of them to arrive and walk straight in the door. Even if Jake was there, they couldnt just arrest him on the spot, with proof, warrant or court order. I dont know how FC isnt constantly slated my tv guides or proffessional tv critics. The writing is almost offensively bad. What would Jake do with a fake passport except use it to leave the country! Even as an ilegal Jake could hand himself in and he could stay in the country for the infinite future. I know its a laugh and I enjoy how bad it is but this is tax payers money! Heather was a good story with plenty of madness but every story now atrocious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Seriously though, fair play to them!! I actually found the final scene unintentionally hilarious!! It was almost satirical!

I don't know how the writers would have the power to have an actor sacked from FC, they're the ones who eff up on the scrips.. Wouldn't it be up to the producers who says who goes? .... They really need to look at the writers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I think FC is at an all time low for the past 2 months or so, and i've watched it since 1994.

During autumn 2010 we had the Suzanne domestic violence story, a bit rough for some people but gripping and well acted.

Autumn 2001 Billy Meehan was up to his tricks and no one could predict how his demise would come about with Lorcan whacking him with the golf club.

2011/2012 Lucy was heavily involved in the soap and while we all loved to hate her and Dolores and Wayne were a bit dim in coping on to her, she was fairly compulsive viewing.

The Lorraine and possessive, eventually rapist, Dr. Jack story of 1998.

Harry's affair with Shelly in 1999 was also very good, the later being an excellent seductress.

Helen's death after a car accident in 1998 and the previous year Helen leaving Mike for Paul at the altar.

Even Paddy Bishop's appearance in recent years added a few good story lines.

In 2009 Bill Taylor (the guy who was on Bosco) was a scary enough character and he imprisoned Annette Daly and she died in a fire. Earlier that year we had a one hour, i suppose's what could best be called a seance, conducted by Turlough with Bob and Renee.

Tommy stalking Judith and his breakdown in 2014 was better than the current offering.

Up to 2003 we had Hannah Finnegan's wit on FC. Bella was more interesting. He acts like a man 20-30 yrs older than he is at present. i.e. 100 when he's only about 70.

Those are only some stories that come to mind. There's absolutely nothing happening on the show at the moment in comparison.

Wow Nagdefy, you've a great memory. :)

• Advertisement

Wow Nagdefy, you've a great memory. :)

It's not as good as it was CollyFlower :)

I can't remember as long a stretch of time.. 3/4 months with very little happening. A lot of low grade stories. No standout..

I think FC is at an all time low for the past 2 months or so, and i've watched it since 1994.

During autumn 2010 we had the Suzanne domestic violence story, a bit rough for some people but gripping and well acted.

Autumn 2001 Billy Meehan was up to his tricks and no one could predict how his demise would come about with Lorcan whacking him with the golf club.

2011/2012 Lucy was heavily involved in the soap and while we all loved to hate her and Dolores and Wayne were a bit dim in coping on to her, she was fairly compulsive viewing.

The Lorraine and possessive, eventually rapist, Dr. Jack story of 1998.

Harry's affair with Shelly in 1999 was also very good, the later being an excellent seductress.

Helen's death after a car accident in 1998 and the previous year Helen leaving Mike for Paul at the altar.

Even Paddy Bishop's appearance in recent years added a few good story lines.

In 2009 Bill Taylor (the guy who was on Bosco) was a scary enough character and he imprisoned Annette Daly and she died in a fire. Earlier that year we had a one hour, i suppose's what could best be called a seance, conducted by Turlough with Bob and Renee.

Tommy stalking Judith and his breakdown in 2014 was better than the current offering.

Up to 2003 we had Hannah Finnegan's wit on FC. Bella was more interesting. He acts like a man 20-30 yrs older than he is at present. i.e. 100 when he's only about 70.

Those are only some stories that come to mind. There's absolutely nothing happening on the show at the moment in comparison.

I think FC's all time low was the time that the Orla sick baby story was on. All the storylines you list are good. The Billy Meehan one was probably the strongest and was a precursor to Love/Hate. Lorcan did onto him what Nidge would do onto Tommy and all!

At the moment the Katy story is in my opinion interesting but it is frustrating they go away from it for periods. The Paul/Niamh/Dermot story is strange but could get potentially interesting when we move to the next stage. The Cathal/Jake one is also promising.

Just keep Orla out of it, please!

I think FC's all time low was the time that the Orla sick baby story was on. All the storylines you list are good. The Billy Meehan one was probably the strongest and was a precursor to Love/Hate. Lorcan did onto him what Nidge would do onto Tommy and all!

At the moment the Katy story is in my opinion interesting but it is frustrating they go away from it for periods. The Paul/Niamh/Dermot story is strange but could get potentially interesting when we move to the next stage. The Cathal/Jake one is also promising.

Just keep Orla out of it, please!

The stories aren't moving though at a reasonable pace. Usually a story like Katy's would be well evolved by now.

It feels like Fair City is suffering from pure constipation and needs a strong laxative to get these potentially good stories flowing.

The Niamh/Paul interaction tonight sums it up. But then again that episode is their relationship in microcosm. Niamh stepped in and Niamh stepped out again. By now we should have seen Katy's captor and be trying to piece it together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Have ye noticed they don't show Ciaran in eps that Katie doesn't feature in?

The stories aren't moving though at a reasonable pace. Usually a story like Katy's would be well evolved by now.

It feels like Fair City is suffering from pure constipation and needs a strong laxative to get these potentially good stories flowing.

The Niamh/Paul interaction tonight sums it up. But then again that episode is their relationship in microcosm. Niamh stepped in and Niamh stepped out again. By now we should have seen Katy's captor and be trying to piece it together.

I agree. We should be getting to see these 2 stories moved forward. Both as well as the Cathal and Jake one have potential but we want to see them moving things forward. It seems that they are slowly building up to things that will become really good storylines just in time for Christmas.

Have ye noticed they don't show Ciaran in eps that Katie doesn't feature in?

There are subtle hints all over the place about Ciaran. Definitely he has to be involved.

Regardless of who kidnapped Katy, I can't wait for the explanation of why she's been held for 6 months ... The Stripys have gone on their 3 month break so is this storyline going to drag out until they come back? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Regardless of who kidnapped Katy, I can't wait for the explanation of why she's been held for 6 months ... The Stripys have gone on their 3 month break so is this storyline going to drag out until they come back? :rolleyes:

She seems to have been kidnapped for some specific reason and the intention is to release her as soon as this reason / motive has resolved itself. I'm at a loss to decipher what it is though. I do wonder if it's Ciaran, is he operating under duress and taking orders from someone? If that was the case though, you'd expect him to be very nervous and jumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

They're getting good value from Katie's storyline , I wonder does she get any pay for the last few months except for the last couple of appearances despite being part of the main storyline ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

desbrook wrote: »
    And my point was very legal ... she could end up paying Paul maintenance! !

That's fine. I never argued about maintenance. I simply challenged your sentence that the kids are not hers. Legally they (Ruth/Sourpuss) are, well, not that she owns them, (nor does Paulio own them) just that she is their mother in terms of the legal aspect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement