Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

90's night fell on a great night for the Garda, no work tomorrow !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I don't think it's Love/Hate anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Love hate is really handy with sinks and cars and engines etc isnt he great. Katy should stop trying to bother making a connection she isnt getting anywhere. Thank God next week its revealed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Love hate is really handy with sinks and cars and engines etc isnt he great. Katy should stop trying to bother making a connection she isnt getting anywhere. Thank God next week its revealed!

Had a quick look at the synopsis for the next week's worth of episodes on the rte guide website and it didn't seem like there was gonna be a reveal!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cazale wrote: »
    Had a quick look at the synopsis for the next week's worth of episodes on the rte guide website and it didn't seem like there was gonna be a reveal!

Probably just a tease tonight. My money's still on Ruuuthie. That's how much I care about this ridiculously boring never ending story.

• Advertisement

Cazale wrote: »

The article on this weeks RTE Guide actually says the captor is revealed next week. Plus the description for next Thursday is
    Katy tries to outwit her captors but they stay one step ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Just watched a bit of Ros na Run on TG4. My Gaeilge isnt what it used to but it has far superior sets, props and acting and according to my Dad a better storyline. The pub, restaurant and peoples homes are actually sizable and real looking, not like the FC wobbling sets that look like theyre in somones shed. I think it cost 3.3million per series, I could be wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The article on this weeks RTE Guide actually says the captor is revealed next week. Plus the description for next Thursday is

Didn't see that article. Hopefully you are right!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Just watched a bit of Ros na Run on TG4. My Gaeilge isnt what it used to but it has far superior sets, props and acting and according to my Dad a better storyline. The pub, restaurant and peoples homes are actually sizable and real looking, not like the FC wobbling sets that look like theyre in somones shed. I think it cost 3.3million per series, I could be wrong on that.
    Thats fine if you can understand what they are saying. there is no way it's superior to fair city. hence the viewing figures. GIVE credit where it's due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

happyday wrote: »
    I was just going to say the same thing. How did you remember all the dates Nagdefy?

Another great story I remember was an assisted death. I think it was someone dying from AIDS. Maybe you can remember the names and dates.

It's really poor at the moment. I'm only still watching it because of this thread.

I think it was Eoghan or Liam's partner Simon, could be wrong but the year was 1997. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

jos28 wrote: »
    Tommy couldn't have been up to his usual at The Ploughing Championships - they're over.
    What has the Ram been up to ???

I love the way the Ram pulls out appropriate sounding names for Kilkenny people..

'Ah i bumped into Seamie Pendergast down in Piltown and sorted him with a nickser'.

'Bill Kennedy's weanlings were getting a bit strong and put some of aunt Kitty's heifirs in calf so i was down castrating them'.

'Was talking to Jim Langton in Mullinavat and we were wondring what Ballyhale lads Cody will call into the panel for 2017'

'Dick Power was sick with rabies so i sorted out Nuala the missus waterworks.'

Shur you know me Tommy Dillon, all round handy man from Kilkenny. Trying to sound like i'm from Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I actually think that was an absolutely superb episode. It's brought Tommy right back into it. Ciaran talking about having cops on his side and he seemed nervous at points too. A woman's scarf given to Katie, is it Stella's? Who does that belong to? It could be crucial IMO. That was a great ep, suspense has been built majorly IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

bazermc wrote: »

ha, is that him??!

Coming SOON (bear with us on that) to a TV near you:

THE PLAN

Fair-City-Eps-164-Niamh-and-Dermot-agree-to-be-partners-in-crime.jpg

What did Ciaran say to Katy after fixing the sink it sounded like dont dare speak to me again or something like that?

What did Ciaran say to Katy after fixing the sink it sounded like dont dare speak to me again or something like that?

I didnt see tonight, what happened Was it a minor hairline fracture on the sink? Ciaran is good with hairline fractures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Thats fine if you can understand what they are saying. there is no way it's superior to fair city. hence the viewing figures. GIVE credit where it's due.

Im saying that with what it has to work with it has far superior production value and better acting and so Im told characters dont go AWOL for months. But if they did, they couldn't go to Galway, because they're already in Galway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Cormdogg wrote: »

Im saying that with what it has to work with it has far superior production value and better acting and so Im told characters dont go AWOL for months. But if they did, they couldn't go to Galway, because they're already in Galway ;)
    So why does hardly anyone one outside of west galway watch it. The boards thread it has is years old and only a couple of hundred posts. No problem comparing fair city to eastenders or emmerdale. But it's an insult to compare it to tg4 soap.

Yeah, something like "never speak to me when I'm in the room".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

WTF is Rose doing hanging around with Debbie and the Ram.The Ram has a woman in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Tommy in tonight's episode just held up a phone to his ear for no reason in the cafe without pressing a button or dialling a number before cutting to the next scene

What does The Joker know about Tommy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Tommy in tonight's episode just held up a phone to his ear for no reason in the cafe without pressing a button or dialling a number before cutting to the next scene

Good episode. Looks like they are setting us up to believe it is either Tommy or Cathal. A few things for Tommy to be suspected are in place: he being not in Kilkenny for a few days or seen in Carrigstown either. Everyone will accuse Tommy and Debbie will believe it. Cathal will have a great time wrecking Debbie's head. Tommy will be convinced it will be Cathal and will be proved innocent. All the blame will then turn to Cathal and we will then know the real kidnapper who won't be Cathal either. I think Cathal will be needed for the Jake story so it looks like the kidnapper is someone else. Ciaran and Stella still seem most likely.

So why does hardly anyone one outside of west galway watch it. The boards thread it has is years old and only a couple of hundred posts. No problem comparing fair city to eastenders or emmerdale. But it's an insult to compare it to tg4 soap.

A lot. Of the characters speak Connemara Irish which I think is the hardest Irish to understand. I haven't watched it now in a good while, I wish they would have people in it speaking in Munster Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

The copper scrubs up well.

She stomps around like a stroppy 13year old. Weird gait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It's not what the FC writers write - it's what they don't write;

How much time has passed and already The Ram's daughter and Stripey's mother in law have accepted the relationship - sure Gripey is almost back being pals with the Ram?

Ama is considering marrying Jake - the last I remember they were just friends - okay that was before Jake was hiding money in a book, on a bookshelf? Of a house he doesn't live in - but still.

Where the f is the hardware store gone?

Why does Coimhe's baby look the same in every shot?

How is Cathal still allowed to hassle his neighbours? He held one hostage - he actually was responsible for another's death. He laundered money - why is he still hanging around?

And what kind of storyline has the Ram been shoehorned into now -

This is truly lazy, filling in - Dermish - Niamh - Paulioni - madey uppy - groundhog day rubbish!!

And the KT reveal?

At this stage I don't give a f**k! Great idea cocked up grandly - ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

twirlagig wrote: »
    I don't think it's Love/Hate anymore.

Why?

I think the sink incident tonight was to further the idea that it could be Tommy,him being a handyman and everything but Ciaran,being a mechanic would be well able to sort that too.

I wonder will Alannah make some reference to having left her scarf behind during one of their hook-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    What does The Joker know about Tommy?

Yes, it sounds almost ominous, talking about Tommy's "interest in young girls". Looks like Cathal saw him somewhere outside Dublin with a girl in tow. There could be an innocent explanation but it does sound like Tommy has been somewhere and with someone he doesn't want Debbie or Caoimhe to know about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, it sounds almost ominous, talking about Tommy's "interest in young girls". Looks like Cathal saw him somewhere outside Dublin with a girl in tow. There could be an innocent explanation but it does sound like Tommy has been somewhere and with someone he doesn't want Debbie or Caoimhe to know about.
    His daughter?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement