Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

What in the name of all that is holy and unholy was Katy doing in THAT sink?? On another note....The "sink fixer" was wearing a jacket remarkably like the jacket another character was wearing later in the episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Kalyke wrote: »
    His daughter?

I was thinking that : could he have been with Dearbhla or Neasa?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Cazale wrote: »

Oisin is in no way linked we've watched nearly his every move over the last few months, same as Tommy, he doesn't have a home let alone a basement

I'd prefer to see Jane and Heather as suspects, both bat **** crazy bitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Aha! Looks like recent theories about two suspects may be correct then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Oisin??!!

Yeah, with the big Clare/Limerick accent on him..............sure Ted!!

It's f'kin obvious its LoveHate. Has been for 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Oisin??!!

Yeah, with the big Clare/Limerick accent on him..............sure Ted!!

It's f'kin obvious its LoveHate. Has been for 4 months.

Is LoveHate linked to Cathal? If so then they made a balls of it. Not a sniff of interaction with them at all.

Is Cathal linked to her disappearance?

It's absolutely all over the shop. It's really that bad at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Kalyke wrote: »
    What in the name of all that is holy and unholy was Katy doing in THAT sink?? On another note....The "sink fixer" was wearing a jacket remarkably like the jacket another character was wearing later in the episode...
    Which character. ?

Although, it's still not as confusing and mixed up as Niamh and Dermish's "plan." Fermat's theorem is easier to follow than that sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

LoveHate standing in his usual pose in that pic,the same way the kidnapper stood when he came in when Katy was asleep.....

• Advertisement

MelanieC wrote: »
    LoveHate standing in his usual pose in that pic,the same way the kidnapper stood when he came in when Katy was asleep.....

No Ruuuuthie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

walshb wrote: »
    MelanieC wrote: »

No Ruuuuthie?
    No robbie. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

It has to be two people. Katy herself said that she counts her meals and she gets breakfast lunch and dinner like clockwork, and there have been plenty of scenes where Love Hate has been lunching with the lads, out after work with the girlfriend etc and he just would not be able to get her meals and do all her washing etc without some form of help. Plus Katy needs tampons and access to medicine if she feels sick so its not a one man job.

Katy did say lastnight "you have been leaving it late the last while" regarding her meals. Maybe Love Hate has to be extra cautious what with Eoghan after moving in recently he may be watching his steps even more. Him and Stella, I'm sure of it. This could be one of the best FC stories ever if they manage to grip the audience with an intelligently written and plausible outcome, but that remains to be seen.

Re: the 5 suspects, its not Oisin no way he doesn't care enough.

If they seriously think they can reveal the captor as Oisin, like "You never aw that coming!", I'll write a strongly worded letter to RTE.

If they seriously think they can reveal the captor as Oisin, like "You never aw that coming!", I'll write a strongly worded letter to RTE.

It would be a complete joke. Like, the worst one yet. I mean, have they not factored in the fact, we have already heard what was a male muffled Dublin accent. And we have already seen the body shape of the suspect. We have already seen that Cathal hasn't been near the town for months.

I mean, seriously. Are they that stupid to think we buy into and/or accept as credible after the whole reveal the whole "5 suspect cr£p" and one of the other 4 being the Kidnapper. Yes there is probably someone else involved in this. They will probably do this sh1te that LoveHate wanted to protect Gripey (who he didn't even know at the time of the kidnapping.........he had just moved in with Emmet a week before) from jail by him not finding out about Stripey and suffering a meltdown. That is the sort of stup1d writing we expect here!

Or that stupid to think they can use a male with a Dub accent with a bit of handy work experience and then reveal the suspect to the a 6 foot female or two fellas with distinct country accent, one too busy talking in riddles about a Speakeasy or Bursary and the other too busy sh£gging anything within a grey hair from him, or a guy that there is no way would be able to sneak around the area for 5 months w/o anyone noticing him.

Like seriously, is this how creative they arer in what could have been a decent story which then became a satirical joke before it even began.

This thread is going to be some craic when LoveHate is finally "shockingly" revealed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Aside from the ridiculousness of Oisin being in that picture -- the most entertaining writing was Katy's concern for the broken sink hindering her ability to wash, as she stands in a shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Missed a bit I thought love hate and the guard were an item?

thesultan wrote: »
    Missed a bit I thought love hate and the guard were an item?

They were, then the writers forgot about it all................

Didn't they break up over the handlebars?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They were, then the writers forgot about it all................

She dumped him cause he lied about her bike.

• Advertisement

Oh, what a twist

Any other soap would have had the creativity of keeping them involved up to the reveal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Like seriously, is this how creative they arer in what could have been a decent story which then became a satirical joke before it even began.

This thread is going to be some craic when LoveHate is finally "shockingly" revealed!!!!

Nobody on this thread would swallow anyone except Love Hate (plus an accomplice) but the amount of people who watch FC AND read this thread is so small that its almost null and void so I can guarantee you that people on Gogglebox will be spitting out their coffee at this reveal. "Oh I always KNEW he was shifty" or "Oh my God the ex girlfriend, I never would have thought" etc.

But here we know how FC works and personally I enjoy it because I know, when the right stars line up and the full moon appears, FC can be absolutely gripping and brilliant. The Heather storyline was as good as any major storyline on any British soap opera. Sadly, the stars go back to normal and we are subjected to months and months of Pete vs Damien, the infamous plan, Orla needing money, the Easter 1916 play and other absolutely forgettable crap.

This Katy story still has the potential to be great if there is a decent explanation behind the motive which we haven't thought of yet so I'm glad its wrapping up soon so I will reserve judgment until then. Don't forget as well that this thread and FB is really , as far as I can see, the only way producers and cast members can snoop on the fans so if they do rob any ideas from here, I demand some royalties ha ha

If the reveal episode ends with The Ram taking a bite out of an apple and throw a euro or two at Ama's boyfriend, all is forgiven!

BEST SCENE EVER!

Nobody on this thread would swallow anyone except Love Hate (plus an accomplice) but the amount of people who watch FC AND read this thread is so small that its almost null and void so I can guarantee you that people on Gogglebox will be spitting out their coffee at this reveal. "Oh I always KNEW he was shifty" or "Oh my God the ex girlfriend, I never would have thought" etc.

But here we know how FC works and personally I enjoy it because I know, when the right stars line up and the full moon appears, FC can be absolutely gripping and brilliant. The Heather storyline was as good as any major storyline on any British soap opera. Sadly, the stars go back to normal and we are subjected to months and months of Pete vs Damien, the infamous plan, Orla needing money, the Easter 1916 play and other absolutely forgettable crap.

a

QAh, come on?!!

Most of it was a load of repetitive nonsense, using their usual exact same scene manner, with her and Shane's affair and him breaking up with her before the break and them deciding to continue it after the break! Yes there was some good acting at times and was a good idea but the plot was extremely badly constructed in itself and had nonsensical aspects like a doctor based down the road going on daily call outs to a girl after a few stomach complaints and even the fact that Shane, a logical smart and decent bloke in a sound relationship even going near a clearly mentally imbalanced Heather.
    Then there was the way Renee unrealistically sided with Heather and defended her and ousted Farah and saw nothing in her behaviour to believe Farah.

As I said it was entertaining and the idea of the story was very creative and some of the acting was good but to say the plot and how it developed made for as good as any major soap storyline is in my opinion a "tad" overboard!

We have had this chat before though so lets not fall out!!!

Even at the moment there are two dozen better plots going on over all the British soaps in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Only catching up on last night, it was all go in Spar! God how many times can Tommy hold Gripey back from hitting Cathal. So Jake thinks the Garda are looking for him??? Have they a photo on a wanted poster?? At least we've no Niamh for a few weeks. Does Bob know he can bar people from his restaurant? Its like Trigger still be served in the Station. Also Jackie doesnt seem to bothered, she should know by know Tommy was giving her the dirty one at the same time as Debbies

CAN THE WRITERS NOT REMEMBER WHOSE MOTHER ROSE IS??? Why is she hangin about with Deb and Tommy? Sime loyalty!

How did they squeeze Jake into Bobs? Where are Renee, Farrah and Ellie?

KT is a very demanding hostage, I hope Brian Keenan isnt watching. sink + sink = Love Hate! I worked it out. A seriously poor "who dunnit" theyre trying to set up but an enjoyable episode. I hope they keep up this momentum! Why cant Jake go back to Chile? Is he a political refugee? As for his 2 grand! I couldnt save 2 grand!!!!

Ive some free time tomorrow so I think Im going to do a "Cathal" in Sutton tomorrow. Im going to visit every pub and cafe for a cup of or a pint, hang out in the local corner shop in between and maybe grab a burger. All the time menacing the locals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

"How did they squeeze Jake into Bobs? Where are Renee, Farrah
    and Ellie?"

I think Bob mentioned to Jake that he was welcome to stay until Renee came back from holiday, her 3 months holiday. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Has Judith seriously not even phoned to enquire after her grandchild?

• Advertisement

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Only catching up on last night, it was all go in Spar! God how many times can Tommy hold Gripey back from hitting Cathal. So Jake thinks the Garda are looking for him??? Have they a photo on a wanted poster?? At least we've no Niamh for a few weeks. Does Bob know he can bar people from his restaurant? Its like Trigger still be served in the Station. Also Jackie doesnt seem to bothered, she should know by know Tommy was giving her the dirty one at the same time as Debbies

CAN THE WRITERS NOT REMEMBER WHOSE MOTHER ROSE IS??? Why is she hangin about with Deb and Tommy? Sime loyalty!

And didnt she despise Debbie and promised to make her life hell a week or so ago!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement