Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

And didnt she despise Debbie and promised to make her life hell a week or so ago!!

Maybe she's doing that by hanging around with her all the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The Pulse on Itv Ireland gives spoilers about all the soaps, just watched it and no mention of FC.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The Pulse on Itv Ireland gives spoilers about all the soaps, just watched it and no mention of FC.. :confused:

They probably gave spoilers a fortnight ago and, lets be honest, not one story has made any progression since

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I hope they won't drag out the whole Katie thing too much knowing them we won't know till Christmas I was sure they would have had something for halloween or reveal to the audience even if Katie didn't know who it is that has kidnapped her its just a guessing game but I am convinced its '
    emmet's friend
    '.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    KT is a very demanding hostage, I hope Brian Keenan isnt watching. sink + sink = Love Hate! I worked it out. A seriously poor "who dunnit" theyre trying to set up but an enjoyable episode. I hope they keep up this momentum! Why cant Jake go back to Chile? Is he a political refugee? As for his 2 grand! I couldnt save 2 grand!!!!

Ive some free time tomorrow so I think Im going to do a "Cathal" in Sutton tomorrow. Im going to visit every pub and cafe for a cup of or a pint, hang out in the local corner shop in between and maybe grab a burger. All the time menacing the locals

That wont take you too long.

I love Sutton really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Dont worry it wont be long, the reveal is next week and i guarantee someone here, probably me, will know before then! Its not over though they could still hold her hostage til christmas and isnt it more likely that they will kill her when they show their face??

Did Katy say she was starving? She looked like she had put on weight to me.... And the scarf, Damions wife wears scarfs like that and I think Orla does... Could it be Damion or Orla and Wayne? :confused: everyone's a suspect. Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

So why does hardly anyone one outside of west galway watch it. The boards thread it has is years old and only a couple of hundred posts. No problem comparing fair city to eastenders or emmerdale. But it's an insult to compare it to tg4 soap.

An insult to who? Surely we can agree Fair city is a joke and only good for laugh. Like many I would never watch it only for the giggles I get out of this forum

FC is a joke, it has been from the beginning, the only reason I watch is because it's so dire it but I'd hate to see it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Did Katy say she was starving? She looked like she had put on weight to me.... And the scarf, Damions wife wears scarfs like that and I think Orla does... Could it be Damion or Orla and Wayne? :confused: everyone's a suspect. Ha!

More likely that Katy would put on weight assuming she has been fed since day one of captivity : no opportunity for her to walk off the calories.

If it was Stella and Ciaran working in tandem, the big mystery would be what connects the two of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Of course the Heather story was good but you also have to remember all the absolute madness. The Doctors daily house calls, what sort if a Doctor was he? How many times could he think Ellie just had a sore tummy, did he not misdiagnose her with appendicitis or something? Heathers constant obvious lying. How many times over and over and over did Alma/Farrah suspect something was going on, only to be told they were crazy. And in the end Heather just disappears to the looney bin never seen again!
    Nobody on this thread would swallow anyone except Love Hate (plus an accomplice) but the amount of people who watch FC AND read this thread is so small that its almost null and void so I can guarantee you that people on Gogglebox will be spitting out their coffee at this reveal. "Oh I always KNEW he was shifty" or "Oh my God the ex girlfriend, I never would have thought" etc.

But here we know how FC works and personally I enjoy it because I know, when the right stars line up and the full moon appears, FC can be absolutely gripping and brilliant. The Heather storyline was as good as any major storyline on any British soap opera. Sadly, the stars go back to normal and we are subjected to months and months of Pete vs Damien, the infamous plan, Orla needing money, the Easter 1916 play and other absolutely forgettable crap.

This Katy story still has the potential to be great if there is a decent explanation behind the motive which we haven't thought of yet so I'm glad its wrapping up soon so I will reserve judgment until then. Don't forget as well that this thread and FB is really , as far as I can see, the only way producers and cast members can snoop on the fans so if they do rob any ideas from here, I demand some royalties ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Strazdas wrote: »
    More likely that Katy would put on weight assuming she has been fed since day one of captivity : no opportunity for her to walk off the calories.

If it was Stella and Ciaran working in tandem, the big mystery would be what connects the two of them.

Maybe they were both in that gang that was mentioned before. LoveHate does seem to have a few dodgy "mates" who are referenced but never seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Did Katy say she was starving? She looked like she had put on weight to me.... And the scarf, Damions wife wears scarfs like that and I think Orla does... Could it be Damion or Orla and Wayne? everyone's a suspect. Ha!

All those bags of king crisps and fish and chips add up.

Debbie's faith in Tommy is shattered when she discovers he has a
    folder of newspaper clippings about Katy's disappearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Oh.......that's weird

Oh.......that's weird

But intriguing too. There could be several different explanations.

I reckon it could be a plant by "the kidnapper".

There is no way it can be Tommy. Although you wouldn't know with these writers

I reckon it could be a plant by "the kidnapper".

There is no way it can be Tommy. Although you wouldn't know with these writers

It's possible too that some aspect of Tommy's mental health problems have returned but that he is in no way involved.

It's possible too that some aspect of Tommy's mental health problems have returned but that he is in no way involved.

I'm moreso speaking about the accent, Muffled as it was, it was distinctly a Dublin tone.

mental health or not, the thought of Tommy being involved would be stupid. Clearly red herrings,

According to RTE these are the chief suspects...

Who-Kidnapped-Katy-Suspects.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Cormdogg wrote: »
    An insult to who? Surely we can agree Fair city is a joke and only good for laugh. Like many I would never watch it only for the giggles I get out of this forum

Not everyone watching Fair city only to chat on this forum, I was watching Fair city for years before joining boards and will continue to watch whether there's a forum or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

It has to be him because
    doesn't Katie get paper clippings sent in to her?

I think this will be a long drawn out storyline. Don't they normally like to keep big storylines until Christmas?

The Raptor wrote: »
    It has to be him because

I think this will be a long drawn out storyline. Don't they normally like to keep big storylines until Christmas?

I still wonder if that is a deliberate red herring though
    Tommy does seem the obsessive compulsive type going by his previous carry on with the hidden cameras. It's possible he has been keeping press clippings of Katy for reasons unknown

It has to be him because

It is a complete red herring to "shock" :rolleyes:us at the end!! That is the idea of it all. There is no credibility in it being Tommy, considering the northside Dublin tone of the accent.
    I imagine they were planted by LoveHate.

I swear, there better be a credible reason for whoever done it. Katy will probably be found and the person arrested and we will never hear anything of it again. As the writers will possibly have not even thought about credible reasons for her kidnapping.

Saying that, they are going to make it Tommy, aren't they :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It has to be him because

I'd be fairly confident that that's a red herring and that he's keeping them for some other reason, maybe trying to piece together what's happened to her.
    I was thinking too, I bet the reason he was talking to some young girl (remember Cathal's jibe to him a couple of episodes ago) was probably part of his continued efforts to find Katy for Debbie. That's possibly what he was at when he was missing for the couple of days between leaving Zac and returning to Carrigstown, but he doesn't want to get Debbie's hopes up (or Eoin's back up) by revealing that he's quietly searching for her.
    I'd say it'll be set up so that we assume he was talking to Stella, but that'll be a dead end IMO.
    I have it all neatly arranged in my head, so I'll be very disappointed if my elaborate theories are wrong!

They will probably go down this bullsh1t route of having Tommy's reason was that he loved Stripey and wanted to keep the secret about their affair, Even though Tommy stopped the affair and started Ramming Carrie Crowley a week or so after Katy went missing and had no reason to keep her.

But we are supposed to have forgotten that of course or the writers forgot it,

It makes sense that LoveHate was brought in merely for this story. Otherwise it is completely non credible that he would put so much effort into the campaign and is only scenes see to be him stuck alongside The Ripey family for the last 5 months.

If they can find a credible plot behind LoveHate kidnapping her, I'll just about accept it all.

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'd be fairly confident that that's a red herring and that he's keeping them for some other reason, maybe trying to piece together what's happened to her.
    I was thinking too, I bet the reason he was talking to some young girl (remember Cathal's jibe to him a couple of episodes ago) was probably part of his continued efforts to find Katy for Debbie. That's possibly what he was at when he was missing for the couple of days between leaving Zac and returning to Carrigstown, but he doesn't want to get Debbie's hopes up (or Eoin's back up) by revealing that he's quietly searching for her.
    I'd say it'll be set up so that we assume he was talking to Stella, but that'll be a dead end IMO.
    I have it all neatly arranged in my head, so I'll be very disappointed if my elaborate theories are wrong!

It would be interesting if Tommy was somehow the person who discovers where Katy is and frees her, it would make for an intriguing twist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It would be interesting if Tommy was somehow the person who discovers where Katy is and frees her, it would make for an intriguing twist

That's part of my theory too! He'll rescue her and then Eoin will come on the scene and assume that he was her captor and half kill him!

I can see Tommy getting the blame for all this when she is released considering the evidence (cameras, mental health, paper clippings, his connection with Stripey and his love of fast food )
    But the real culprit (surely LoveHate ) is on the loose. Then we get a reveal moment (or the Ripeys find out, ie the audience knows ) 4 years later that it was indeed LoveHate,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

dee_mc wrote: »

Yeah,this is exactly what I was thinking too! They will build up Tommy as a suspect with all the secrecy and then it will turn out that he was actually on his own secret crusade to find her and redeem himself with the Ripey's and everyone in Carrigstown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement