Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Its not Tommy, no way. These clippings could just be a weird habit of his, he is not exactly stable. And with 5 chief suspects (Oisin being the least credible), they have to plant a few red herrings to confuse people but considering he/she is revealed on Tuesday then they only have 1 episode left to put the idea in peoples heads that its Tommy.

Presuming its Stella and Ciaran, they could still drag this out for a while longer. Remember, Katy is in MORE danger when she sees her captor. All this masks and voice distortion etc was to stop any recognition. Now that she knows, they either have to kill her or trust her that she wont report them. The motive is absolutely bizarre at this stage. Money, rape, torture and stopping the affair being exposed now are 100% ruled out (no WAY could it be to stop her revealing the affair, nobody anywhere EVER would go to the effort of constructing a fully plumbed and air conditioned cell complete with cameras, food tray mechanisms, showers and a bed just in case Katy wanted to reveal a man who has had 100000 affairs is having another).

No, it boils down to either 1. Under orders from Spillane or his men to torture the O Brien family as long as possible, or 2. Some family connection revenge that has yet to be exposed.

The entire credibility of this story rests on the motive, so theres huge pressure on the writers to deliver the goods. Ill be watching with an eagle eye. If its Tommy, adios people it was nice chatting to ye all, I'm never watching it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

The captures work coat thing looks like Rays and he's all of a sudden missing with a dead wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Just bumped into Eric Lalor who plays Cathal in my local chipper in Thurles. He says hedoesn't know where Katy is but we will find out on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

According to RTE these are the chief suspects...

Who-Kidnapped-Katy-Suspects.jpg

So those are the suspects. But not necessarily the captor(s)??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I thoought the same. if that's who RTE are giving us, It's probably someone else.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    I thoought the same. if that's who RTE are giving us, It's probably someone else.

On second thoughts, its probably Trigger Foley, he hasn't been seen for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

bazermc wrote: »
    So those are the suspects. But not necessarily the captor(s)??

So far there has been no suspects in the show, it's only on this thread that we're speculation about who we suspect, out of the 5 I don't think anyone on here ever suspected Oisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's possible too that some aspect of Tommy's mental health problems have returned but that he is in no way involved.

It would a great story and an actual feasible motive!

fin12 wrote: »
    Not everyone watching Fair city only to chat on this forum, I was watching Fair city for years before joining boards and will continue to watch whether there's a forum or not

Fine but its a heap of crap; script, performance, continuity, set design, wardrobe, direction, camera work, lighting all below professional standard, barely amateur

I hope its Tommy but I think theyre gearing up to people blaming Tommy and I think he might end up saving the day. As for KTs family, Ive seen families look longer and harder for a missing cat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I hope its Tommy but I think theyre gearing up to people blaming Tommy and I think he might end up saving the day. As for KTs family, Ive seen families look longer and harder for a missing cat

why do you hope its Tommy?! He is a great character! And there is n0o way he would ever be back on show if caught out

why do you hope its Tommy?! He is a great character! And there is n0o way he would ever be back on show if caught out

Ah here, he already stalked his ex wife for months, set up cameras and even shot poor Bob and he still strolls around the local Spar as if hes one of the guys and no mention of his bonkers past is ever made! There is literally nothing to keep him in town and yet here he is..in all of your and your fellow posters rants about what makes FC so bad, keeping someone like Tommy in town after everything he has done is suspiciously absent.

If it DOES turn out to be him, he will be given a suspended sentence, he will apologize to Katy and before the credits roll, he will be toasting a pint with Emmet and Eoghan in The Station!

Ah here, he already stalked his ex wife for months, set up cameras and even shot poor Bob and he still strolls around the local Spar as if hes one of the guys and no mention of his bonkers past is ever made! There is literally nothing to keep him in town and yet here he is..in all of your and your fellow posters rants about what makes FC so bad, keeping someone like Tommy in town after everything he has done is suspiciously absent.

If it DOES turn out to be him, he will be given a suspended sentence, he will apologize to Katy and before the credits roll, he will be toasting a pint with Emmet and Eoghan in The Station!

read my post properly.................

Cormdog says he hopes its Tommy

I pointed out, in a pro Tommy manner, that if it is him, that;s him gone as a character!

So essentially the opposite of how you interpreted my post!

I want The Ram to stay, therefore I don't want it to be him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Fine but its a heap of crap; script, performance, continuity, set design, wardrobe, direction, camera work, lighting all below professional standard, barely amateur

You have probably insulted some posters here that are wannabe script writers, TV presenters and Film/TV makers. But you are right except its a professional standard accepted in Ireland.

Cormdog says he hopes its Tommy

I pointed out, in a pro Tommy manner, that if it is him, that;s him gone as a character!

So essentially the opposite of how you interpreted my post!

I want The Ram to stay, therefore I don't want it to be him.

Yes but I'm saying that even if it WERE him, he would still likely stay around. Sure after stalking his ex wife, peeping on her and shooting Bob wasn't enough to get rid of him then why would a mere kidnapping get rid of him?
    I don't see the appeal of Tommy at all. I mean what exactly does he do, besides sleeping with every female creature with a pulse? Somebody like him would simply not still be in the same tiny little town with the people whos marriages he ruined, people he shot etc etc!

Nah, there is no way they could keep him around this time as he would, if not jailed, be sent for a much more prolonged stay in a psychiatric unit (probably the former ).

Anyway, it surely isn't him.

All will be revealed Tuesday but realistically we will prob all know by Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Are you Geoff Minogue?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

Kt was kidnapped not long after her 1916 reenactment for her college course maybe he I.R.A were deeply offended.!!!!! They have previous!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

littelady wrote: »
    Kt was kidnapped not long after her 1916 reenactment for her college course maybe he I.R.A were deeply offended.!!!!! They have previous!!!!!

She could be in Shergars old stable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

According to RTE these are the chief suspects...

Who-Kidnapped-Katy-Suspects.jpg

On my god......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    On my god......

Just from that photo alone I'm guessing its the lad mechanic that cant afford a jacket his own size

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If they actually used the correct actor to play the scenes with the balaclava, it must be Stella.
    She is the only one of the 5 with the correct nose as visible under balaclava.

mickdw wrote: »
    If they actually used the correct actor to play the scenes with the balaclava, it must be Stella.
    She is the only one of the 5 with the correct nose as visible under balaclava.

If they actually use the right "actor" it definitely isn't Stella as the voice is clearly a mans!!!!

You can get a female to male voice changer app in the Google play Store.

Pierce.. :eek:

@ talking bread How do you know that? Are you an expert in voice synthesis and distortion? Im pretty sure with technology these days you can add a male/female/bass/soprano affect to the output of any voice. You dont know enough about it you are just speculating.

As a big FU! To Deb ;) I think it would be the most sinister and interesting. Sure the Ram could charm his way out of it

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You have probably insulted some posters here that are wannabe script writers, TV presenters and Film/TV makers. But you are right except its a professional standard accepted in Ireland.

Like any other tax payer funded service. TV3 couldnt keep it on tv as long. Yet RTE seem to celebrate its below mediocrity! Was Glenroe better?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement