Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

The Ram is just a legend, end of!

Its gas though that his past never seems to haunt him. Bob has no problem serving him a burger. Derms was in to him alright but quickly forgot about it. How did Jackie employ him after his antics!

Poor Caddles past is constantly biting her in the arse.
    Yes but I'm saying that even if it WERE him, he would still likely stay around. Sure after stalking his ex wife, peeping on her and shooting Bob wasn't enough to get rid of him then why would a mere kidnapping get rid of him?
    I don't see the appeal of Tommy at all. I mean what exactly does he do, besides sleeping with every female creature with a pulse? Somebody like him would simply not still be in the same tiny little town with the people whos marriages he ruined, people he shot etc etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Like any other tax payer funded service. TV3 couldnt keep it on tv as long. Yet RTE seem to celebrate its below mediocrity! Was Glenroe better?

Do you want Fair city to be taken off the tv,just stop watching it for ffs If all your doing is complaining about it. There are actually people in this country who enjoy watching it.

fin12 wrote: »
    Do you want Fair city to be taken off the tv,just stop watching it for ffs If all your doing is complaining about it. There are actually people in this country who enjoy watching it.

I enjoy it but not for the storyline, the performance or the drama. If ppl like it great, if like it for any reasin great. But every single aspect of it is poor, lazy, cheap and unrealistic. The writers cant maintain a characters personality throughout a single episode let a alone a series. They cant even maintain a consistant time of day. Two characters can be eating breakfast, cut to two others having a few pints and then back to breakfast. Some occasional good performances but most are wooden or way over the top pantomine quality. The set design is disgraceful. 9 out of ten scenarios are ridiculous and then theres the repeatedness of everything over and over and over again or the same storyline rehashed over and over again. For every good character like the Ram theres 3 pointless Orlas, Deloreses, Bunions! I like it because its so crap it gives me a laugh. If there was no forum I wouldnt watch it. My girlfriend watches it, I used to have to leave the room because it made me so angry. If anyone here thinks its great Im happy for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

@ talking bread How do you know that? Are you an expert in voice synthesis and distortion? Im pretty sure with technology these days you can add a male/female/bass/soprano affect to the output of any voice. You dont know enough about it you are just speculating.

You are taking my post far too seriously! (yeah, yeah, pot kettle black, I know!) Sure for all you know I am an expert in Voice Distorting mechanisms, yes. Ask me anything!
    The poster made a comment about the culprits nose under a bulky balaclava!! It was a fairly logical joke reply that I brought up the voice being a mans!
    I mean this is the shot we got! I think my reply about the voice is as good as the reply about the nose!
    Eps-172-As-a-drained-Katy-sleeps-her-captor-enters-the-room2-1.jpg

I just think it is clearly a complete misleading and completely unfair to most viewers if they do the whole female to male voice synthesizer thing now. 90% of viewers would find it non credible as they wouldnt have any idea about the technology of voice synthesizers! , When Stella was approached in the early parts of the kidnapping by Stripey she gave a very credible alibi and was extremely convincing in her reply that it wasn't her. To dismiss all that now is just a load of boll.......ony!

Saying that, it probably is Stella now, and everything about this whole plot is completely misleading to most viewers and a load of nonsense!

Also, there is no way they are Stella's legs in this photo.

faircityka.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

That guy in the mask photo is probably just some stunt man stand in.

• Advertisement

That guy in the mask photo is probably just some stunt man stand in.

Probably, Which makes the whole thing completely balloney. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

People are getting very precious on this forum about why they watch FC, some seem to watch it even though they hate every aspect of it, which leads me to conclude that nobody would get that passionate about the subject if there wasn't some personal investment somewhere. Is there still a taboo about admitting you like a soap? Maybe there is a lingering insecurity about it so people have to get angry about all the things that are WRONG with it.

I'm frank as to my reasons: the Heather storyline proved that FC can do brilliance but its so few and far between that you have to wait ages for another decent story. And yes, I know its stupid that Shane the doctor was making house calls daily but every single soap opera has moments like that where you have to suspend disbelief. I really enjoy BuilderPlumbers posts here as they get you thinking when a story like Katy is on about different theories etc. The rest of you hate it so much (yeah right) that you slag it.

And if any of ye have a problem with that, ill be waiting for you behind the bike shed tonight at 8:30pm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I'm frank as to my reasons: the Heather storyline proved that FC can do brilliance but its so few and far between that you have to wait ages for another decent story. And yes, I know its stupid that Shane the doctor was making house calls daily but every single soap opera has moments like that where you have to suspend disbelief. I really enjoy BuilderPlumbers posts here as they get you thinking when a story like Katy is on about different theories etc. The rest of you hate it so much (yeah right) that you slag it.

I watch it because it doesn't ask anything of me, I could literally miss a fortnight and drop back in with ease. I enjoy the humour in this thread and I've no doubt that gives it an extra dimension for me but you're really throwing a fair bit of lipstick on that pig to describe the Heather storyline as brilliance. I think somewhere along the way the show took such a drop in viewing quality that the viewers started to celebrate mediocrity.

Ah look though that's just my opinion, I couldn't write scripts. The minute an actor annoyed me in real life I'd kill them in the show people would be dying in spar when two litres of milk fell out of the fridge and hit them so fair play I suppose but they could definitely do better with the budget they have

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

People are getting very precious on this forum about why they watch FC, some seem to watch it even though they hate every aspect of it, which leads me to conclude that nobody would get that passionate about the subject if there wasn't some personal investment somewhere. Is there still a taboo about admitting you like a soap? Maybe there is a lingering insecurity about it so people have to get angry about all the things that are WRONG with it.

And if any of ye have a problem with that, ill be waiting for you behind the bike shed tonight at 8:30pm ;)

I watch FC as a fan or because I'm interested in it. I would never watch a show just to slag it off or because I like being annoyed by it, that would be a complete waste of time and energy.

Longford being put on the map!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

They want the viewers to think it's Tommy. More than likely it's Cathal that has Katy and he's going to frame Tommy.

This story line is going to be dragged out til Christmas more than likely.

Katy should ask for birthday candles for her cake the next time and set the place on fire.

Just watching the last clip before the ads and Tommy has loads of newspaper clippings. Katy has some of them in the room she's held in.

Katy's kidnapper is some what kind to her. She is being minded with meals. I think Cathal might be just too evil to be kind like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Katy is getting a good deal for accommodation in Dublin.
    Free accommodation, food, electricity, bathroom facilities, repairs, just the lack of internet and TV...

keep-calm-and-are-you-there-2.png

That Guard is a complete wreck the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Cathal literally just walks from establishment to establishment.

Cathal literally just walks from establishment to establishment.

He has been doing that EVERY single episode since he arrived last year!!! And there is always someone there like a Ripey or Ama or The Ram to make a smart remark to!
    Spar to Hungry Pig to McCoys to The Bistro to The Station to The Street Corner to The Ballantyne!

If it wasn't so stup1d it would be hilarious!

My name is Cormdogg and I am Fair City addict. Because it is comedy gold!

The kidnapper is a feeder!

Emmet and Rose couldve also mentioned Tommys penchant for stalking and shooting

• Advertisement

Actually maybe I'm just a Ramaholic

Great bit part for Fat Freddie Thompson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Best line of the ep to Rose "im glad you are enjoying the silence...and your daughter God only knows where". Debbie couldnt care less where Katy is, all shes interested in is who the Ram is seeing what a disgraceful mother she is.

Whats Katy up to being all co operative and nice? Does she really think she can win over someone who has ignored her hunger strikes and temper tantrums? Its not going to make a tap of difference. On another note, if it is Love Hate then he has an accomplice as he was out drinking when Katy was pouring her heart out to Stella...

I used to watch fair city regularly but then got too busy to sit down regularly to watch it. I watched an episode a few weeks ago for the first time in ages. It was Kerry Ann telling Dermot - 'I'm late'. Late for what says he. No, the other kind of late, says she - or something like that. I was glad that I was missing such ****e. So so fake. As if you would track down a local man and tell him about your monthly problems.

Another episode I caught and I thought Carol is the best in fair city and she is.

Anyways began to watch this more and more lately and mam filled me in as to what is happening.

How could LH go for Goth Cop over Farrah?

Hon the Slashers!

Whats Katy up to being all co operative and nice? Does she really think she can win over someone who has ignored her hunger strikes and temper tantrums? Its not going to make a tap of difference. On another note, if it is Love Hate then he has an accomplice as he was out drinking when Katy was pouring her heart out to Stella...

You are so right about this. I would like to think if this was me locked up I would have remarkable damage done. The camera would be long gone. The shower door would be down from the wall and jabbed in the eye of the kidnapper when he comes in. I think I'd be a fcuking lunatic. Katy is looking remarkably well for someone who's been locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Feck sake Damo. 3 packets of Nappies from Spar. I can understand buying one packet in an emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

LoveHate carries that backpack everywhere, even on his date and Tommy's started to carry one now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Cormdogg wrote: »
    How could LH go for Goth Cop over Farrah?

Because Farrah keeps screaming "ohh yaaaaaaaaa" in the sack and its a turn off. Plus Goth Cop is hot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement