Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I reckon there must be two kidnappers. Katy started talking at random to the camera when she had no idea if there was anyone at the other end listening and we discovered later that she was been listened to, so there must be someone watching over her nearly all the time and who rarely leaves the place. Perhaps though the person who enters the cell and never speaks to her once he's in the cell is a different kidnapper, the first person would surely have to get offside occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

And the reason they don't speak is because either she would recognise their voice or it is a girl and they don't want KT to know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I love that "wrecking the place" consists of Fat Freddie just knocking things off a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

I'm a few episodes behind but we get rid of sour face Rachel now we have sour face Amanda with her angry poor me face. They need to realise there is no balance, all doom and gloom. The show needs some happy people.

The RTE Player is a load of rubbish never works its ok on the app sometimes though ads will play yet Fair City buffers for FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I love that "wrecking the place" consists of Fat Freddie just knocking things off a table.
    I thought he was going to make love to Cathal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Well he wont be making any further appearances, at least until he is out on bail, which judging by the Irish legal system should be before Tuesday at 8

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/1107/829728-thompson/

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That was comical. But I heard it gets worse during the week....All Nuss's freshly ironed and folded clothes are scattered about the sitting room floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I heard her bag gets robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

I was passing by my local cinema today and noticed a familiar face staring at me from the publicity poster for a film..Leo (Dave Duffy) no less !! And his name first on the cast list too.

Film name was "Wild Goose Lodge". .. set in Ireland about 200 years ago I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I heard her bag gets robbed.

Spolier alert please!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

maurv1 wrote: »
    I was passing by my local cinema today and noticed a familiar face staring at me from the publicity poster for a film..Leo (Dave Duffy) no less !! And his name first on the cast list too.

Film name was "Wild Goose Lodge". .. set in Ireland about 200 years ago I believe.

Yeah he was on tv3 7 o'clockshow talking about it. Looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Was that the best henchman FC could cast? A small fat bald lad? Cathal isnt that tall, about 5'9 and he was a half a foot taller than his hired thug. The few people in FC that look like they could handle themselves in FC are LH, Robbie maybe Sean and of course cage fighting Dean. Sure any two FC characters could run Cathal and co out of town. I always found it amusing that Decco was supposed to be this intimidating hard man and was Pauls son once forced to be a hired heavy. He wasnt much bigger than Oisin. Theres no man muscle for the ladies! Although they had Sean topless the other day for sime reason. Perhaps under the cardigans Emmet is ripped?

bazermc wrote: »
    Spolier alert please!!!!!!

In fairness, it is more a warning to viewers than a spoiler. It will set into motion 3 weeks of :

4vQGBd.jpg

Viewers need warning of this torment inducing viewing. It gives notJennifer Anniston's* "ear infection" wailing a run for it's money.

*The actress who plays Orla compared herself to the Jennifer Aniston of Irish acting and said something about being famous before!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Katy plans to attack her captor this Sunday, with "dangerous consequences". Ciaran tells Emmet next week that if Katy is dead, its all his (Emmets) fault, leaving Emmet confused and bewildered. I think we have our kidnapper...

Did someone here not say we find out tomorrow. FFS.

Oooohhh Here we go. Can't wait....!

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/1017/824766-fair-city/

Wanderer. where do you get these spoilers?

Yeah we find out tomorrow but I presume the spoilers already know the identity hence the
    cryptic comment by Love Hate. Looks like I was right on one count, now where is Stella...

In fairness most of us believed it was Ciaran! And that was 3 months ago!

Wanderer. where do you get these spoilers?

Cathal Spillane. We meet every week in Longford for a catch-up.

• Advertisement

More difficult to avoid Cathal than anything else. He wanders around every single shop/pub/hotel/cafe/street corner 24 hours a day.
    If you didn't meet him sometime, you need to get out more :D

More difficult to avoid Cathal than anything else. He wanders around every single shop/pub/hotel/cafe/street corner 24 hours a day.
    If you didn't meet him sometime, you need to get out more :D

I missed him in Spar earlier but I hear he will be back tomorrow at 9am/12pm and 5pm so ill catch up sometime.

Could be something to do with a poker debt or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Perhaps we find out tomorrow but the spoilers have to keep referring to 'the captor' for future episodes. I guess we'll know soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I met the actor that plays Cathal Spillane in Thurles last Saturday night and he said we find out tomorrow night who it is.
    Although even if we find out tomorrow that doesn't mean that the saga is over. It could be Christmas before she is released.

Would you believe I met the actor who plays him at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

In fairness, it is more a warning to viewers than a spoiler. It will set into motion 3 weeks of :

4vQGBd.jpg

Viewers need warning of this torment inducing viewing. It gives notJennifer Anniston's* "ear infection" wailing a run for it's money.

*The actress who plays Orla compared herself to the Jennifer Aniston of Irish acting and said something about being famous before!

Did she really say that ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Next Sundays synopsis.
    Katy finds herself in possession of a weapon with which she might be able to subdue her captor, and begins to plot a high-risk escape. Meanwhile, Ciaran's frustration with Emmet continues to grow, and Coaimhe fights back after she feels pressured by Damien.

Did she really say that ????

more or less, a couple of years ago on that TV3 Loose Women copycat show. Something along the lines she gets recognised a lot when they were discussing being famous in Ireland and she compared herself to Jennifer Aniston in soe way or form. (and it wasn't a self p1ss take! There was genuine sincerity in her words!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

more or less, a couple of years ago on that TV3 Loose Women copycat show. Something along the lines she gets recognised a lot when they were discussing being famous in Ireland and she compared herself to Jennifer Aniston in soe way or form. (and it wasn't a self p1ss take! There was genuine sincerity in her words!)

She also told the tale of when she urinated in a bin while drunk.

• Advertisement

Wow, I'm not surprised though. Ireland, and FC no doubt, is chock full of thin-skinned actors who are delusional enough to to think that they are massively talented individuals who deserve to be in Hollywood movies and adored by the public. I'm not saying that they are all like that but a lot of them are.

That's what I always noticed when FC actors were being interviewed on radio or tv- how come it was never mentioned that FC is slagged off a lot? I mean, Gift Grub destroys it, YouTube is full of videos taking the mickey but it seems we always walk around on egg shells when interviewing FC actors, lest we upset their delicate little egos by mentioning that their show is sometimes the subject of fun....the actor who played Paul was on the Ray Darcy show few weeks back and not a mention of how silly FC can be at times. If you cant laugh at yourself you are at nothing in life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement