Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

She also told the tale of when she urinated in a bin while drunk.

Was she not taking the p1ss there.....................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

more or less, a couple of years ago on that TV3 Loose Women copycat show. Something along the lines she gets recognised a lot when they were discussing being famous in Ireland and she compared herself to Jennifer Aniston in soe way or form. (and it wasn't a self p1ss take! There was genuine sincerity in her words!)

Omg. Dillussional or what !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Did anybody ever sign up to be an extra on fair city? It costs €40 to register with the talent agent but you are guaranteed a few casting calls. Was thinking of doing it for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Omg. Dillussional or what !

Can also be spotted in Dunnes Maynooth most weekends.

mloc123 wrote:

Shopping or working?

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »

I commend her for that, as opposed to doing shopping everyday in local Spar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

In fairness most of us believed it was Ciaran! And that was 3 months ago!

That reply just completely defeated the purpose of the spoiler in the previous post, I enjoy reading this to see theories but it's so unfair people spoiling without consideration for others

That reply just completely defeated the purpose of the spoiler in the previous post, I enjoy reading this to see theories but it's so unfair people spoiling without consideration for others

It wasn't a spoiler. It still hasn't been revealed who done it. I am as sure as I was 3 months ago as I am today.

There was lots of posts pre Sunday episode about the paper clippings about Tommy, they were more spoilery than this.

Cazale wrote: »
    Did anybody ever sign up to be an extra on fair city? It costs €40 to register with the talent agent but you are guaranteed a few casting calls. Was thinking of doing it for the craic.

They do a very complicated and in depth check in to your background. And if you have ever posted on boards.ie fair city you are immediately black listed. So sorry !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

How on earth could they possibly know if you post on boards???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I thought it costs 100 euro for a years membership and you are not guaranteed to get called either, that one is movieextra which talent agent is the one you are talking about, it's something I'd love to do.

They do a very complicated and in depth check in to your background. And if you have ever posted on boards.ie fair city you are immediately black listed. So sorry !

What if all the posts you said you were praising Fair city, why would they black list a genuine fan and who said good things about the show?

Omg. IT WAS A JOKE !

fin12 wrote: »
    What if all the posts you said you were praising Fair city, why would they black list a genuine fan and who said good things about the show?

Fin . I was messing. It was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

They have the Ram in your attic with a hidden camera.

Fin . I was messing. It was a joke.

Sorry thought you were serious.... :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Omg. IT WAS A JOKE !

Sorry! :o:o

I thought it costs 100 euro for a years membership and you are not guaranteed to get called either, that one is movieextra which talent agent is the one you are talking about, it's something I'd love to do.

I'd love to be in McCoys sipping a pint whilst Dermot and Niamh plotted against Paul beside me haha. Here is the details below:

Do You Want to be on Fair City?

Over 500,000 people view the show EVERY week.

It is Ireland's most popular soap

MovieExtras.ie are the EXCLUSIVE suppliers of Extras to Fair City

We have an EXCLUSIVE Fair City only membership.

It normally costs €59.95 to cover training, but has been reduced to €39.95 for a limited time.

We hold training sessions every month in the Davenport Hotel, just off Merrion Square.

No quibble extension - if you do not receive at least 5 availability checks for Fair City during your years membership, we will renew your account for a further year free of charge

http://www.movieextras.ie/joiningfaircity

A training session for what?????????? A fee for being an extra?
    Keeping motionless while staring at mineral shelf. Walking round and round a 30 x 30 yard park.
    Walking by casually a huge row or a siege as if nothing is happening.
    Drinking an empty cup of coffee.

For fear of using Sorcha Byrne's habits in bins as a term of phrase, but is this a p1ss take????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

All will be revealed Tuesday but realistically we will prob all know by Monday

So who are her captors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Shopping or working?

The funny thing here is... It could genuinely be either. But I have only seen her shopping.

Keeping motionless while staring at mineral shelf. Walking round and round a 30 x 30 yard park.

For fear of using Sorcha Byrne's habits in bins as a term of phrase, but is this a p1ss take????

Ya the training session is annoying, I'd have to travel up from Cork to attend it, I'm sure they could just walk you through what u need to do on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Its a money making thing. Not a very nice one, but one all the same. Moviextras.ie was born out of the increasing need for extras in Film and TV work in Ireland. Originally, productions did their own extra casting via a casting agency, but apparently this got too tiresome and in stepped this particular gang to make a lucrative sum from it. My first extra role was on the Committments in 1990/91 and I was hired without paying any fee. I got £50 a day while shooting in places like the Olympic Ballroom. Drank lots of free beer waiting for the set ups too! Took my direction from both the assistant Director and the man, Alan Parker, himself. Those were the feckin days!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Its a money making thing. Not a very nice one, but one all the same. Moviextras.ie was born out of the increasing need for extras in Film and TV work in Ireland. Originally, productions did their own extra casting via a casting agency, but apparently this got too tiresome and in stepped this particular gang to make a lucrative sum from it. My first extra role was on the Committments in 1990/91 and I was hired without paying any fee. I got £50 a day while shooting in places like the Olympic Ballroom. Drank lots of free beer waiting for the set ups too! Took my direction from both the assistant Director and the man, Alan Parker, himself. Those were the feckin days!

I just signed up. The form is fairly long, hopefully il get called sometime in the year.

I just signed up. The form is fairly long, hopefully il get called sometime in the year.

Listen Fin, don't mind my cynicism. I hope you enjoy it.

Listen Fin, don't mind my cynicism. I hope you enjoy it.

It seems very strict, I've read through all the rules. You've to bring 4 different outfits with u to set.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Caoimhe after Ciaran for herself now

I bet poor Cathal is going to get killed or bait up

It seems very strict, I've read through all the rules. You've to bring 4 different outfits with u to set.

And out of your own pocket too. Not like that in my day. Even on the set of Glenroe!

And out of your own pocket too. Not like that in my day. Even on the set of Glenroe!

Ya it does seem a lot of effort.

• Advertisement

Ya it does seem a lot of effort.

But why??? I mean have you calculated altogether what this is going to cost you just to be on an episode of FC?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement