Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya it does seem a lot of effort.

I hope you enjoy it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

But why??? I mean have you calculated altogether what this is going to cost you just to be on an episode of FC?!

Ya it's just Something I always said I'd like to do and this special offer seemed good. obviously I'm not going to enjoy travelling up to a training session and carrying around 4 outfits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ya it's just Something I always said I'd like to do and this special offer seemed good. obviously I'm not going to enjoy travelling up to a training session and carrying around 4 outfits.

Just go to Spar down the road. Walk around the shop aimlessly,picking up a tin of beans and analysing every part of it for 2 minutes before putting it down and standing in front of the mineral aisle for 5 minutes and have someone record it on their phone. Then dub it with the background sound of a business plan meeting taking place or a siege and you are essentially a cost friendly FC extra,

Who knows, Cathal may be walking around the establishments in Cork that day

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That reply just completely defeated the purpose of the spoiler in the previous post, I enjoy reading this to see theories but it's so unfair people spoiling without consideration for others

The spoiler doesn't actually state who the captor is and people are still merely guessing. I'm still not even convinced that the 'main suspect' is the right person : FC could be feeding us misleading spoilers to throw us off the real culprit.

One of my friends used to do extra work on FC. She was on it about once every six weeks, a tidy extra income, paid off for her. Another friend does extra work and rarely gets anything. She has alopecia totalis so she normally gets parts like "leper" and "cancer patient" but not that much. Doesn't always pay for her yearly subscription. An ex of mine lists his every walk on part in his "acting portfolio". I'm actually tempted to go for the movieextras thing myself at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. I wonder will there be 2 captors and only one will be shown to us? Ciaran and probably Stella is my guess. Stella was nothing but a minor character but why is she in that RTE guide picture? If she was a minor character no longer to be considered part of the show, she would not be in that picture. She definitely has a role to play in all this.

I am over 90% sure it ain't Tommy but there is a remote possibility it is him hopefully they have not decided to go down that road. That would kill things off. Tommy is set up as the one we are meant to believe it is but is not.

The motive does have to come from the Ballintyne storyline or so it seems? Or is the story going to be completely separate and based on the world of Stella and Ciaran's secrets that Katy stumbled upon. Stella and Ciaran could be sister and brother and they could also be Flynn's children or relatives and thus related to Cathal as well.

Why was Cathal and Tommy in Longford? As said, Lucy's character probably came from there (Lorna Quinn who played her certainly is) even though Lucy's origins were never clarified but the midlands was hinted at and the accent is a strong North Longford/South Leitrim one. It would be good to have her back in it and maybe Tommy is having an affair with her? I cannot see Lucy kidnapping Katy though.

They will probably keep us guessing about the motives of the kidnapper from tomorrow on. We will certainly not be shown Cathal or Cathal's henchman as that will make it too obvious. They may or may not be behind it but it will be another we will see. It will be one of the 5 RTE Guide people I am sure too: it will not be Tommy, Cathal may be behind things working in the background but will not be the actual kidnapper (he may not even be involved as there may be other stories for him which seems to be the case), I doubt if it will be Oisin. So, that leaves Ciaran and Stella. Again we need to ask: why is Stella in that picture of 5 possibilities. If Tommy is the red herring, if Cathal is too obvious and if Oisin is just thrown in as the least likely, then why is Stella there? She is there because she and Ciaran have some role in it, that's why. Anyway, we will know tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. I wonder will there be 2 captors and only one will be shown to us? Ciaran and probably Stella is my guess. Stella was nothing but a minor character but why is she in that RTE guide picture? If she was a minor character no longer to be considered part of the show, she would not be in that picture. She definitely has a role to play in all this.

I am over 90% sure it ain't Tommy but there is a remote possibility it is him hopefully they have not decided to go down that road. That would kill things off. Tommy is set up as the one we are meant to believe it is but is not.

The motive does have to come from the Ballintyne storyline or so it seems? Or is the story going to be completely separate and based on the world of Stella and Ciaran's secrets that Katy stumbled upon. Stella and Ciaran could be sister and brother and they could also be Flynn's children or relatives and thus related to Cathal as well.

Why was Cathal and Tommy in Longford? As said, Lucy's character probably came from there (Lorna Quinn who played her certainly is) even though Lucy's origins were never clarified but the midlands was hinted at and the accent is a strong North Longford/South Leitrim one. It would be good to have her back in it and maybe Tommy is having an affair with her? I cannot see Lucy kidnapping Katy though.

They will probably keep us guessing about the motives of the kidnapper from tomorrow on. We will certainly not be shown Cathal or Cathal's henchman as that will make it too obvious. They may or may not be behind it but it will be another we will see. It will be one of the 5 RTE Guide people I am sure too: it will not be Tommy, Cathal may be behind things working in the background but will not be the actual kidnapper (he may not even be involved as there may be other stories for him which seems to be the case), I doubt if it will be Oisin. So, that leaves Ciaran and Stella. Again we need to ask: why is Stella in that picture of 5 possibilities. If Tommy is the red herring, if Cathal is too obvious and if Oisin is just thrown in as the least likely, then why is Stella there? She is there because she and Ciaran have some role in it, that's why. Anyway, we will know tomorrow.

And what if they decided to go down the road that Cathal has nothing to do with it? As said, the possibility of Flynn being alive is not too far fetched either. We never saw him die or we never had any hard evidence he was seriously ill either.

But let's say Cathal and/or the Flynn family (with or without Cathal being involved or informed) is the most obvious reason for the kidnapping. If they decided that they wanted an alternative motive, what would that be?

They would have to invent backgrounds for Ciaran and Stella then. We know next to nothing about either and it will be interesting to see where they take these 2 characters. Both hold the key to this. Roll on tomorrow night!

Motive is an intriguing one. It seems the plan is not to harm Katy and to release her soon enough which begs the question who or what her kidnapping is aimed at.

It's very possible Ciaran and Stella know each other or are even related, as we know virtually nothing about their back story. One thing that puzzles me though is why Ciaran would date a Garda if he is in any way involved in Katy's disapperance. You'd think he would run a mile from such a relationship and not even countenance it for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Do it. Otherwise you will alway be wondering what it is like. Why not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am expecting Ciaran to be Katy's captor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Yeah we find out tomorrow but I presume the spoilers already know the identity hence the
    cryptic comment by Love Hate. Looks like I was right on one count, now where is Stella...

No where! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Maybe LoveHate is an undercover cop.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It would be gas to see a few FC posters on the show, would you let us know if you got a part and the part you got? Try and get the mineral shelf in the Spar part, that's the most watched, talked about Extra part ;)......... I'd like to go for it meself but I'm camera shy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

1st theory: I feel that LH cares a lot about eoghan, so i think he might be eoghans son, that he doesnt know about, not sure why he could kidnap katy though

2nd theory: flynn is not dead and if rose knew flynn when she was younger, he might be eoghans father, still not sure what the motive for kidnapping his grand daughter would be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Remember a few days before KT went missing.

She met Emmet in Vinos and wanted to talk to him about something, but he said he was too busy or something.. I think she wanted to stay with him for a few days. LH was also sitting there... she went missing the next day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'm convinced now it probably isn't Love Hate and the actor was merely brought in to stand around the Ripey Family all day as he continually tops up his Fair City "extra value" extra offer as he is a super fan.

He is there 6 months. I have never ever seen a character, especially an established actor brought in for being merely a prop. Yeah, he gets the odd Netflix and Chill night with the cop every 2 months but apart from that what else. Maybe he was ordered to kill her by Cathal and chickened out. His connection with Emmett is clearly a reason so may be poker related.

I swear, one thing is for sure there is no way they are going to dig out a credible ending to this. A siege and an arrest and that's all. KT will be working in that cramped up box room super office in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

LH could be Eoghans son alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I swear, one thing is for sure there is no way they are going to dig out a credible ending to this. A siege and an arrest and that's all. KT will be working in that cramped up box room super office in no time.

This is spot on. It's so bad and so far on now that any credible ending is just not possible. I know we disagree, but LH to me is no different than anyone as a suspect. That's how bad the story has been handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Well folks apparently we will find out tonight.....

****while the article doesn't reveal who it is, it does have a couple of spoilers for tonight****
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/shock-in-store-as-who-abducted-katy-to-be-revealed-on-fair-city-tonight-35197827.html

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Well folks apparently we will find out tonight.....

****while the article doesn't reveal who it is, it does have a couple of spoilers for tonight****
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/shock-in-store-as-who-abducted-katy-to-be-revealed-on-fair-city-tonight-35197827.html

It is Ciaran either working alone or with someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Maybe it's Ama's boyfriend? Tommy going to Longford though of all places. Charlie lives there IRL so maybe he's the kidnapper? The spoilers say her "kidnappers" so must be a main man or woman and a lacky.

Charlie lives in Beaumont in real life. Lorna Quinn (Lucy) is from Longford and AFAIK, she still lives down that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I can't wait for tonight!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I wanted it to be Rose. Remember her putting the buns in the sandwich bag when she thought she was alone in the house:cool:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It is Ciaran either working alone or with someone

One thing that has always been suspicious about Ciaran is that he arrived in Carrigstown with no back story, didn't know anyone in the area and then rather oddly started getting in with the locals and spending all his time with them. If he's from Dublin, you'd expect him to still hang out with his own friends from his own area rather than trying to befriend people like the O'Briens.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Cormdogg wrote: »
    So everyone knows FC characters can only be in Dublin, Galway or Kilkenny. Longford! Thats crazy

I'm waiting for the day they'll discover a county called Clare. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

youwould wrote:
    I'm waiting for the day they'll discover a county called Clare.

Don't be wishing that kind of drama on my poor little county!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Just wondering if it could a total randomer- perhaps someone like Michael's Dad. Just a thought ??

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

LH was a date from the dating site for Jane. That's how he came into it. I believe he has KT but im sick of people saying he just showed up out of nowhere and started hanging around The gripeys

I thought Ciaran was a mate of Robbie's from poker, as Emmet lost to him and then stole from him to pay him :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Aw as much as I want to know who has KT I'll miss all the theories and the debates on the thread! It's kept us all interested in fairness!
    What'll we talk about after the big reveal??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement