Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This Kevin McGeever story on RTE is like a Fair City plot! Bizarre stuff! What a spacer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This Kevin McGeever story on RTE is like a Fair City plot! Bizarre stuff! What a spacer!

Recording it. Looper, that lad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Why did FC employ your man (can't remember his name) form Love/Hate.?... He's acting like, like, I was in LA, so, I'll do it my way "...
    . I'd say he's a nightmare for FC... Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

walshb wrote: »
    We should be thanking Dermish for possibly saving us from months of miserable sneaking around affair nonsense between two characters with as much chemistry as a smelly kipper!

The affair still happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

laylag wrote: »
    Dermot's eyes....my God! He looks possessed! I like him more now that he's vindictive tho!

He was ridiculous. We are all adults here, I'm sure we've all heard/suspected things about friends/family/colleagues having affairs and the like but when did any of you react like Shifty Eyes Dermot

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Did they unpaint the "installation"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Lads, can they get rid of Charlie? Nobody talks like that! Every sentence like a ten year old reciting a poem to their class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Haha Tommy buying spar brand Pringles, didn't think he would eat food like that, thought it would be all fruit and veg.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Lads, can they get rid of Charlie? Nobody talks like that! Every sentence like a ten year old reciting a poem to their class.

"Nowww Durmit, tell me, wut cawn Aw dooo faw you today"

fin12 wrote: »
    Haha Tommy buying spar brand Pringles, didn't think he would eat food like that, thought it would be all fruit and veg.

Haha, I think of you anytime is see the Pringles :)

Donkeykong5, try to be more subtle.. :)

• Advertisement

Bella is a better actor than the guy who plays Bella.......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Worse than that was the Dermot shot in the background instantly coping on to the Debbie thing. Then followed by a very rediculous Dermot rolling his eyebrows.

Laughable.

You'd think Derms would have more on his mind without worrying about what's going on with the neighbors.... :rolleyes:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Worse than that was the Dermot shot in the background instantly coping on to the Debbie thing. Then followed by a very rediculous Dermot rolling his eyebrows.

Laughable.

Would a man really get involved with another married woman in such a small area? I know Tommy someone being married he wouldn't care but would he really do it so close to home again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Would a man really get involved with another married woman in such a small area? I know Tommy someone being married he wouldn't care but would he really do it so close to home again?

Don't forget this is The Ram were talking about :-)

maurv1 wrote: »

I know but the affair has hardly begun and he's been caught out already.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Dermot ye little rat.

Yeah and he's beginning to resemble a little rat too ......those beady eyes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

McGeever reminds me of Emmett/Wayne/Mondo. All are Del Boy wannabes. Changes his story every minute, chasing the life of luxury and will never have it. Blaming everyone else except himself for his misfortune. Steals money from various people and is a tief.

Comparisons are endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Did they unpaint the "installation"?

Does anyone actually know what the "installation" is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

youwould wrote: »
    Does anyone actually know what the "installation" is?

Some form of Easter Rising themed exhibition that Katy intends mounting, presumably including video and photos, not sure if the OAPs are part of it or are on video instead (we'll see it on Sunday I guess : the exact anniversary of the start of the Rising).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

mod:
    Reminder don't feed the trolls. Report posts instead of quoting.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Boy, those gangs in Carringstown sure are tough guys. Look how badly they beat up Emmet. I know, there wasn't a scratch on him, but in fairness, he did wince twice. Though I have to say, the faces he made looked more like he was suffering from diarrohea cramps. And how does anyone hurt a fella who's wrapped up in so many clothes that your fists would just bounce off?
    Dermot, the fu**ing eegit, standing there watching Stripey and Tommy in the Spar. Wouldn't you think he'd have more on his mind? Then consulting Charlie, of all people, for advice. Charlie, for fcuk's sake! The man who forgot to bury his wife, giving counseling on marriage affairs.
    And this bloody 'installation' crap is getting on my nerves. It seems to consist of gobsh*tes dressing up, and painting and un-painting the Centre. The bloody commemoration in Carringstown has lasted far longer than the Rising itself.
    And the less said about Laura's 'affairs' the better.
    Meanwhile, Nussie, Mondo, Carol, Pete 'n' Dolly, Ray, Leo, even Paul and Niamh (who, apparently, is Elvis's daughter) all taking a back seat. And poor Heather is left her own devices in a mental hospital.
    I'm seriously tempted to switch channels and watch something like the Disney Channel instead. The plots are more challenging, and I can listen to the theme tune without shivering in dread of what new horror each episode will bring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

coolhull wrote: »
    Boy, those gangs in Carringstown sure are tough guys. Look how badly they beat up Emmet. I know, there wasn't a scratch on him, but in fairness, he did wince twice. Though I have to say, the faces he made looked more like he was suffering from diarrohea cramps. And how does anyone hurt a fella who's wrapped up in so many clothes that your fists would just bounce off?

Had to laught at that. Not a scratch on him. And, who are these people? It seems 40 coats and his owing money was just pulled from thin air. Similar to Love Hate boy being the resident mechanic, yet hasn't had one scene to reference this, or the fact that he seems to be a Dolphin Pod guest. He is Don Vito Brennan's mechanic, no?

Hayley's Spar trips are becoming more and more laborious and fake with each scene. Last night she almost fell asleep staring into the fizzy drinks shelf waiting for her cue to act!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The Tommy - Debbie thing is still way too rushed and forced and unnatural. They kissed in Sunday's episode and now Dermot is telling Eoghan he thinks they're having an affair (or Tommy is chasing Debbie at least). This is about two or three months of a storyline condensed into two episodes......crazy stuff.

When did Eskimo borrow and lose all this money, can anyone explain. Did I miss something here??
    He is back since November/December. He was travelling and came home with f**k all, bar the twenty layers of clothes on his back, you would imagine.

Why would a big bad gang decide "oh we will give you some money to play poker". We heard you won the Mongolia Poker Open when you were away, you must be brilliant..... Sure look at you, you have no job, live at home and skulk around a village like a hobo in your pawn shop attire.
    Its a win win investment for us!

Also has anyone in Carrigstown, bar Don Paulioni, ever borrowed money to invest or get out of trouble and not lost the lot.

Dean
    Mongo
    Pierce
    Wayne
    Leo (attempted suicide)
    Carol's son (I think?)
    Cant remember if one of the Bishops but probably so.
    Eddie
    Robbie
    Orla
    Probably many more also

And that is not to mention all the women that are now forever indebted to The Ram for giving them the night of their lives.

They aren't the most entrepreneurial of people, are they!!

Talk about repetitive plots.......I reckon all Fair City writers are given this book when they start

Recycle-Essential-Guide.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

The bloody commemoration in Carringstown has lasted far longer than the Rising itself

Cant 'quote' on phone sorry, but Coolhull thats brilliant and spot-on!!!!

maurv1 wrote: »

Rams rarely stray beyond their own field!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

just watching the replay now on RTE1, the eyes on Durmitt haha

Dan has gone from this mysterious, dark, ex soldier who had all these secrets (which funnily the writers forgot to ever reveal) to the angriest and most depressed moaner going to this guy who floats around playing wheelchair basketball, engaging in cringeworthy "forced jokes" with his new gang of friends, who he follows around all day as merry as christmas elf, drinking every evening and interfering in other's relationships.

Other than that he hasn't changed at all since he arrived................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Hayley lives at home with her brothers, will they be introduced?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement