Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

MelanieC wrote: »
    Was almost giddy with excitement putting on FC tonight but being right about LH being the kidnapper wasn't nearly as satisfying as I'd hoped!! Bit anticlimactic really after all the months of not so subtle hints.
    I wonder if non-boardsie fans really were shocked by it though. I know we obviously analyse the show waaaay more than the average viewer but even still,it really was made stupidly obvious wasn't it. I'd love to know if people really were surprised....

I'd say a lot of the public were. The clues were vague enough for the last few months, unless you were doing a Columbo on it and following it very closely.

Just watched it on the Player. Good episode....I knew it was Ciaran when he told the Garda he was busy for the next few weekends.

I reckon he definitely has an accomplice though. He also told her he might be able to make the wedding yet if he can pull a few strings.

Maybe he was adopted as a baby as Rose made Eoghan have nothing to do with Ciarans Mam so they'd have no idea of the Surname... After his Mam passed Ciaran could have found all out or promised his Ma when she was alive to keep away.. ...so Ciaran could have beef with Eoghan and Rose.

A very plausible theory. Eoghan is Ciaran's father and he's out for revenge on Eoghan or perhaps Rose as well for being abandoned by them. He's always seemed a little more sympathetic when talking to Debbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    :(Hello. My name is Foggy Jew & I have to make a confession.
    I totally believed it was The Ram Dillon. I feel like such a fool.:(

Open confession is good for the soul ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If I was a detective investigating the case, LoveHate would be one of the first people I would interview or investigate. The fact that they never even SUSPECTED him made it more obvious FC were going down the "Wow, what a shock" route with hi. Aand surely Emmett would notice little things like him disappearing randomly, taking food out etc It just takes one little thing over the course of 5/6 months to suspect him, even the paranoia about the bag today (after all the sh1t about The Ram's rucksack earlier) didnt raise an eyebrow.
    I mean this young male who knew KT has literally just arrived in the area suddenly with no questions being asked about his past, is living with you and hanging around suspiciously always with you and your family, has no friends and goes missing here and there w/o explanation.

Surely, you might even contemplate that there is something odd about him.

That was the thing that annoyed me most and made it more obvious by the episode that he was the culprit when I first said it 4 months ago. The fact that he was the one character that not an eyebrow was lifted to. I know it was FC's attempt to say "Wow, what a twist". But they went about it wrongly. As the less obvious it is inferred that he may be a suspect, the more obvious it was him.

• Advertisement

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Does anyone ever get a chance to explain themselves in FC when they're confronted? How is it still summer in C-Town?

Wonder are we still dealing with material recorded in September? Both September and October had plenty of dry weather with above average temperatures.

It would explain Damien drinking in the beer garden. On a calm 17C day, and we had loads in October, a beer garden in a sheltered sun spot would be lovely to sit out in.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ciaran and Cathal look around the same age

Ciaran looks around 27-30 Cathal looks 40+

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kweeveen86

Love Hate! No surprise.

Was convinced it was him from the start - especially from around a month ago when he went to do laundry in Dermish's after KT had her towels changed.

Roboplod coming back on the scene the last few episodes made it extra obvious when I heard the reveal was this week. Oh, well! Can't wait to see the absolute balls-up they make of explaining his motive!

Anyone actually know where she is being held captive? It is in LH's basement? Maybe the ginger lad will eventually find her below.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/fair-city-extras-30003038/10644848/

ha, pathetic!!! I like the "thought I heard a girl"............. goes to ad break................after ad break "no, it was the radio".

Emmett asks no further questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Don't post in here but do love Fair City. Have to say I didn't really have a clue who it was! The voice sounds like Cathal's voice that talks to KT. I can't hear any of LH at all when the voice does talk to her, it sounds so like Cathal to me!

Can I guess as to how KT came about?!? :D Is it because Eoghan over-pronounces so many words lol?!? :D And he can't seem to say the word Katie at all it comes out like KT?! :pac:

Eric Lalor (Cathal) is 45. He has a 22 year old son, his eldest. A link to an article from October 2015.
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/eric-lalor-fair-city-character-6648408

Johnny Ward (Ciaran) is 28.
    Article from this year.
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/johnny-ward-shaking-lovehates-pauley-7738499

So Cathal could have been a 17 year old when Ciaran was born. Not too unusual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

fin12 wrote:
    Was any of the Bookings taking bets on it? At least it wasn't something stupid like Eastenders when they revealed Ben as the killer.

I saw paddy power on Twitter saying they couldn't give odds on it when someone asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

kweeveen86 wrote: »
    Oh, well! Can't wait to see the absolute balls-up they make of explaining his motive!

They probably won't. Maybe it'll be a case of him getting caught, Deegan arriving, slapping the cuffs on and LH never seen again. Couple KT scenes explaining eff all, and then back to normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Am I the only one who thought the voice sounded exactly like Ciaran? All along its been clear enough that it was his voice even through the distorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Well the great thing about C-Town is that you can skull pints anytime after breakfast and no one bats an eyelid! Wgat time exactly was Caoimhe trying to get Damo to go in the lash at? Lunch time?
    Imagine the barman in town when some young one falls in the door dressed like on of the The Supremes with her burly fellah at 2 in the afternoon, on a Tuesday looking to Boogie.

nagdefy wrote: »
    Wonder are we still dealing with material recorded in September? Both September and October had plenty of dry weather with above average temperatures.

It would explain Damien drinking in the beer garden. On a calm 17C day, and we had loads in October, a beer garden in a sheltered sun spot would be lovely to sit out in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I always thought it sounded like LH, very breathy and a bit nasally
    Johner wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought the voice sounded exactly like Ciaran? All along its been clear enough that it was his voice even through the distorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

youwould wrote: »
    Bit extreme over a few hundred quid?

The smirk on Ciaran's face at Emmet being angry and unhappy over no news still on Katy that is why I thought as revenge against Emmet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

How old is Caoimhes baby??? I know she wasn't actually pregnant but come on you can't wear a dress like that so soon after two pregnancies!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

How old is Caoimhes baby??? I know she wasn't actually pregnant but come on you can't wear a dress like that so soon after two pregnancies!

Well apparently to baby is teething now.. so must be at least 6-7 months old... at this rate she will have caught up with Jr and will be playing with him and Jack in the park.

• Advertisement

I hope Ciaran is Tommy's son

Me also.

It did sound like him. At least more like him than Ruuuuuthie.

I hope Gogglebox Ireland watch Fair City on Tomorrow's episode

The reveal hasn't at all changed the dynamic of this story. It will simply drag on now until he is caught. The exchanges between KT and LH yesterday were farcical. As for Stripey's acting:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Tommy would have saved himself alot of punches if he just told them straight out when asked.

Eric Lalor (Cathal) is 45. He has a 22 year old son, his eldest. A link to an article from October 2015.
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/eric-lalor-fair-city-character-6648408

Johnny Ward (Ciaran) is 28.
    Article from this year.
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/johnny-ward-shaking-lovehates-pauley-7738499

So Cathal could have been a 17 year old when Ciaran was born. Not too unusual :)

I thought Eric was in his 30s :o

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Eric was in his 30s :o

Oh to be the man in your life Liz :) I'd be in Tir na nOg ;)

Oh to be the man in your life Liz :) I'd be in Tir na nOg ;)

Oh Oisín ;)

• Advertisement

Poor KT won't know what hit her when she is released (after the inevitable siege). Lifts up the paper in Spar, sees the headline "Trump Inaugurated ".... runs straight back to the cell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement