Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Saw a clip for tonights episode, finally someone else walks in on Ciaran with Katie locked up.

How has this dragged on for months with no one walking into his shed and copping something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Oh Oisín ;)

If you've any large rocks/boulders, that kind of thing, that need lifting don't hesitate to call Liz Cinn Oir ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

youwould wrote: »
    What I want to know is why Cathal was all "I know what you did last week!!!" to Tommy?! I should've known it would come to nothing!

I think it was that Cathal saw Tommy around the brothel and assumed he was with a prostitute.

He was trying to cause trouble over that it seems, as opposed to Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Flynn ran a call girl ring so Cathal obviously knows a few :p

I thought Hayley was involved with that too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

My prediction, ciaran is Owen's son from previous relationship and the scarf is his mother's . Owen probably abandoned them and ciaran is seeking revenge trough Katie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

dogcat wrote: »
    What happened in Nenagh :eek:

Remember Mike Gleeson? He was supposed to marry Helen I think it was before she left him at the altar for Paul Brennan? He was from Nenagh. He was also Louis brother and owner of vinos. I think he died after getting electrocuted . He had white curly hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Remember Mike Gleeson? He was supposed to marry Helen I think it was before she left him at the altar for Paul Brennan? He was from Nenagh. He was also Louis brother and owner of vinos. I think he died after getting electrocuted . He had white curly hair.

Did he own Vinos? Was it not The Bistro he owned which is where the Pig is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

dave1982 wrote: »
    My prediction, ciaran is Owen's son from previous relationship and the scarf is his mother's . Owen probably abandoned them and ciaran is seeking revenge trough Katie

Yes, very plausible. Ciaran doing it for purely personal reasons and out for revenge on the O'Briens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Did he own Vinos? Was it not The Bistro he owned which is where the Pig is now?

Yes it was the bistro that used to be a pizzaria.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

There are way too many unanswered questions and a complete lack of awareness or common sense from a variety of characters now for this story to be salvaged.
    Why oh why didn't Deegan ask about new members of the O Brien circle, why didn't Emmet Debbie or Eoghan ask Ciaran a few more questions about himself or even pass on to Deegan that he was new?
    Didn't Alannah once ask her boyfriend what brought him to town, where were his family and what was his long term plans? A trained Guard can spot an evasive person a mile away, but seemingly no questions were asked of her boyfriend who showed up out of nowhere and was directly linked to a family of a missing girl. Truly awful writing.

Why didn't Debbie care more? She cried only once from May to now and that even seemed forced and insincere. As a mother she is truly abhorrent and cares more about an affair with a mentally unstable man with dozens of broken women to his name than her own daughter who could be dead in a ditch.

Why didn't anyone notice (even if Love Hate had help) Ciaran buying so many meals, toiletries, washing young girls clothes even in the house he shared with Emmet. I mean, they must be the stupidest family on the planet to not even notice one little thing about Ciaran and his routine to be odd or out of place.

How come Doug or Ray didn't explore this garage of his more and ask more qs? How does a stranger who just walked into town have a fully equipped garage when he is already a mechanic?

Why didn't they triangulate Katys mobile phone and look for CCTV in the last known location?

Why doesn't Katy just break the fcuking camera and try and kick her captor when he comes in? Its clear now he never hurt her up to now so why doesn't she take a chance?
    How come Katy took 5 months before she started getting angry and cracking up?

WHY WHY WHY WHY????

Its actually disappointing that it turned out to be him, as it makes all the knowledgable people here look ridiculous as we knew it months ago and yet they still go down that tired, predictable route and no doubt some silly dark family secret is the motive but sadly we are long past caring*

* I'm still going to watch though :o

• Advertisement

There are way too many unanswered questions and a complete lack of awareness or common sense from a variety of characters now for this story to be salvaged.
    Why oh why didn't Deegan ask about new members of the O Brien circle, why didn't Emmet Debbie or Eoghan ask Ciaran a few more questions about himself or even pass on to Deegan that he was new?
    Didn't Alannah once ask her boyfriend what brought him to town, where were his family and what was his long term plans? A trained Guard can spot an evasive person a mile away, but seemingly no questions were asked of her boyfriend who showed up out of nowhere and was directly linked to a family of a missing girl. Truly awful writing.

Why didn't Debbie care more? She cried only once from May to now and that even seemed forced and insincere. As a mother she is truly abhorrent and cares more about an affair with a mentally unstable man with dozens of broken women to his name than her own daughter who could be dead in a ditch.

Why didn't anyone notice (even if Love Hate had help) Ciaran buying so many meals, toiletries, washing young girls clothes even in the house he shared with Emmet. I mean, they must be the stupidest family on the planet to not even notice one little thing about Ciaran and his routine to be odd or out of place.

How come Doug or Ray didn't explore this garage of his more and ask more qs? How does a stranger who just walked into town have a fully equipped garage when he is already a mechanic?

Why didn't they triangulate Katys mobile phone and look for CCTV in the last known location?

Why doesn't Katy just break the fcuking camera and try and kick her captor when he comes in? Its clear now he never hurt her up to now so why doesn't she take a chance?

WHY WHY WHY WHY????

Its actually disappointing that it turned out to be him, as it makes all the knowledgable people here look ridiculous as we knew it months ago and yet they still go down that tired, predictable route and no doubt some silly dark family secret is the motive but sadly we are long past caring*

Like much of the pathetic standard of FC writing these days, this entire storyline was most likely based on the actor that plays Katy saying, "ok lads, I'm off to do a stage play, so cover me. Cheers." So instead of just writing something plausible, they create this nonsense instead of concentrating on the cast they had available.

This whole Katy thing would only begin to work, if we saw her in captivity within days of disappearing. That said, if you are going to suddenly reintroduce the character in captivity, after being absent for months, then you at least spare your audience the predictable and mundane crap we witnessed. Considering Katy was in captivity all that time before we saw her return to the show, the least we should expect is that she has already gone through all the motions and was in a far more distressed state. What we got was a character acting like she'd just been captured.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lyza

Anyone actually know where she is being held captive? It is in LH's basement? Maybe the ginger lad will eventually find her below.

I think its in the shed /garage where he had a motorbike because he came out of a room in there one night when someone called in he was very flustered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Grandeeod wrote: »

WHY WHY WHY WHY????

Like much of the pathetic standard of FC writing these days, this entire storyline was most likely based on the actor that plays Katy saying, "ok lads, I'm off to do a stage play, so cover me. Cheers." So instead of just writing something plausible, they create this nonsense instead of concentrating on the cast they had available.

This whole Katy thing would only begin to work, if we saw her in captivity within days of disappearing. That said, if you are going to suddenly reintroduce the character in captivity, after being absent for months, then you at least spare your audience the predictable and mundane crap we witnessed. Considering Katy was in captivity all that time before we saw her return to the show, the least we should expect is that she has already gone through all the motions and was in a far more distressed state. What we got was a character acting like she'd just been captured.

That was one of the main things for me. The fact that that appeared to be, after 4 months , the first time she communicated with him, first time she rebelled and broke down, first time her captor seemed to be questioned on and to have to have to reassure her he wasn't the local crazy stalker Tommy Dilton.

As you said, it was always a lost cause once they were FORCED (actress was away from set during summer) to take it up 5 months later as if she had just been kidnapped a day before

lyza wrote: »
    I think its in the shed /garage where he had a motorbike because he came out of a room in there one night when someone called in he was very flustered

I did say a few months back that LHs garage set was definately a solid set and future and more detailed use was planned. Soaps wont build sets unless there's some action involved longterm. So I would say Katy is being held in the area around that garage.

When they introduced a random new garage setting out of nowhere w/o any reference to him and a the usual "business plan or scheme" that all new enterprises in Carrigstown have to go through to justify it's appearance on the show for a character that was just new to the area, it was ALWAYS going to be the setting.

It's gas after months of working on engines and having people in there, this was first time KT heard any sort of commotion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

lyza wrote: »

There's a loud humming noise every time we see the cell : an electric generator perhaps?

You'd wonder if he would attract suspicion going backwards and forwards to a lock up / garage non stop, even at weekends. He surely would have had to spend ages there building the cell and bringing materials there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    There's a loud humming noise every time we see the cell : an electric generator perhaps?

You'd wonder if he would attract suspicion going backwards and forwards to a lock up / garage non stop, even at weekends. He surely would have had to spend ages there building the cell and bringing materials there.

That loud humming noise would do my head in only watching the scenes where I hear it, Katy must be going absolutely crazy by now. Even if he just gave her a tv or something and a few more metres space it wouldn't be so bad but its such a cramped and extremely limited space.

That loud humming noise would do my head in only watching the scenes where I hear it, Katy must be going absolutely crazy by now. Even if he just gave her a tv or something and a few more metres space it wouldn't be so bad but its such a cramped and extremely limited space.

Brian Keenan went through less in his first 6 months as a hostage.

opens with LH randomly meeting a Ripey

• Advertisement

opens with LH randomly meeting a Ripey

told you!!

Ah, here we go, Ciaran actually starting to say something other than "Howdya lads"

Psycho Baby obsessed Bangarda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Tut tut tut
    That's twice I've seen characters, including the guada riding improperly
    No chin strap when on the road

I'm so confused right now. Why does The Ram think she is in a brothel somewhere?

Nice to see Stripey finally getting involved in the search for Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

nagdefy wrote: »
    If you've any large rocks/boulders, that kind of thing, that need lifting don't hesitate to call Liz Cinn Oir ;)

Can you make me a caesar salad as I fancy one now

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

How bizarre

oh ffs, are we meant to believe he cant hear her!!!

How can Katy hear out but they can't hear her?

I'm so confused right now. Why does The Ram think she is in a brothel somewhere?

Ram finally got to see Taken last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

He watched Taken last night and now he thinks he's Liam Neeson the poor pet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement