Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Anyway, wtf is this story about Ama and Jay, completely zone out when Nussy comes on screen

If this is the best plot they can get the best actor on the show (B Murray) into after going missing for months, I give up

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Jake?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Okay......so it looks like we ARE expected to believe that Ciaran is 100% behind this on his OWN. That he made all her meals, did all the washing on his own, maintained the place on his own, watched her all hours of the day and night on his own PLUS managed to fit in a full time job as a mechanic, a part time job handing out flyers and a casual girlfriend. What an absolute JOKE of a script. And we are also expected to swallow that this is the first time in 6 months that his flat mate happened across his little man cave.

Looks like motive = Emmet took something precious from me, I am doing the same to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyway, wtf is this story about Ama and Jay, completely zone out when Nussy comes on screen

If this is the best plot they can get the best actor on the show (B Murray) into after going missing for months, I give up

Ama is a bunny boiler stalker after Jake, he should risk going back to Chile to face drug lords to avoid her :p

Is Ciaran's shed near Paul's garage or Charlie's house?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

This show makes me feel happy about being a failed writer/filmmaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I think Tommy is the one who will find Katy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

You take my sister so I take yours. Simples. Nothing to see here. Next story please.

When is Heather coming back? Her pain in the *** daughter is back so she can't be too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Okay......so it looks like we ARE expected to believe that Ciaran is 100% behind this on his OWN. That he made all her meals, did all the washing on his own, maintained the place on his own, watched her all hours of the day and night on his own PLUS managed to fit in a full time job as a mechanic, a part time job handing out flyers and a casual girlfriend. What an absolute JOKE of a script. And we are also expected to swallow that this is the first time in 6 months that his flat mate happened across his little man cave.

Looks like motive = Emmet took something precious from me, I am doing the same to him.

Not to mention his incredible ability to build sound proof cardboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Caoimhe after Alannah?

Yeah i kinda got that feeling too.

If Katy ever does get out, when she hears how stupid her family have been to not even notice how close she was and how close the captor was to them all shes going to go back in and never come out again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Would love to know how he took her, must have knocked her out? Don't think she realizes she is just around the corner from her house.

So is she Ciarans sister? Must have been an accident or something involving Emmett?
    Must be revenge for something Emmett did to his sister?

Yep its looking that way. Bit of a cliché to be honest and if no second captor is introduced (which is looking unlikely, despite the descriptions on websites) then this has been a massively dragged out and very unsatisfying story.
    Interestingly, Katy has been a great actress throughout this ordeal. Her reactions are pretty much spot on for someone in her situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I find it a bit strange that 'homeless Tommy would carry around a folder full newspapers clippings of Katy, even homeless people have mobile phones that would store this info.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

bazermc wrote: »
    That Garda jacket the lovely bangarda is wearing is absolutely massive on her.
    In fairness she is tiny, but Ban Garda outfits are awful unflattering!

I wonder why she's constantly wearing it! Usually you only see gardaí wearing those jackets at night or at an event. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

I am glad the Ram didn't take Stripeys disloyalty lying down. The whole Gripey family are a mess.

No, whoever said The Bistro was where THP is now is correct. When Mike Gleeson died, his estranged wife Yvonne took over and fought with Mike's then partner Geraldine Fahey. Then Louis, Mike's brother, arrived and announced that he had been left The Bistro and he changed it to THP leaving both Yvonne and Geraldine disgusted that 'their' nice restaurant was now the local chippy.

Vinos was previously Rainbows cafe owned by Hannah Finnegan and her granddaughter Jasmine and later owned by Suzanne and Bela Doyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

It looks like Vinos but it was actually The Bistro (which was originally Pizza Action) which is now the Hungry Pig.
    At that time, what is now Vinos was Rainbows sandwich place which was run by Hannah (Finnegan - Bela's mother in law) and Jasmine (her grand-daughter by her illegitimate son)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Damo's lack of a neck always makes e laugh!

Head & Shoulders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

youwould wrote: »
    No, whoever said The Bistro was where THP is now is correct. When Mike Gleeson died, his estranged wife Yvonne took over and fought with Mike's then partner Geraldine Fahey. Then Louis, Mike's brother, arrived and announced that he had been left The Bistro and he changed it to THP leaving both Yvonne and Geraldine disgusted that 'their' nice restaurant was now the local chippy.

Vinos was previously Rainbows cafe owned by Hannah Finnegan and her granddaughter Jasmine and later owned by Suzanne and Bela Doyle.

Hadn't seen your post before I replied but pretty much spot on from my recollection. You didn't mention that Louis version 1 was a con-man who fleeced Yvonne and Geraldine before Louis version 2 appeared and ended up (briefly) hooking up with Yvonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Hold on a second. KTs "cell" is in the back of a corrugated steel shed! FFS! How did the toilet and shower get in there? Stud walls and a bit of insulation with plastic for a roof. That shed would want to be a few miles away from any human ears. Bunion Kelly wouldnt allow the garage to open of a Sunday and a few teens open a few cans at the alotment and Cass is down in a flash. I need to meet LH's sound proofing guy!

• Advertisement

Id like to join the LH is Eoghans son. Also I wish Jake would take Alma/Ama, Damo and Caoimhe to Chile with him. Goth/90's Cop should go to Coppers.

So........where's Amanda gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The announcer on RTE described yesterdays episode as "the who shot Jr episode of Fair City" . in all fairness Dallas in 1980 when that happened had the whole world in suspense.

The announcer on RTE described yesterdays episode as "the who shot Jr episode of Fair City" . in all fairness Dallas in 1980 when that happened had the whole world in suspense.

Thats how deluded RTE are. Seriously.

Hadn't seen your post before I replied but pretty much spot on from my recollection. You didn't mention that Louis version 1 was a con-man who fleeced Yvonne and Geraldine before Louis version 2 appeared and ended up (briefly) hooking up with Yvonne.

I vaguely remember the bit about Louis number 1! Fairly strange so it was!

Wanderer me ould flower, I haaaaaaaaaate to say I told you so, let it go Stella's not involved ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The announcer mentioned Osion begin a suspect, Jesus, poor Oisin wasn't even in the episode....... They're a shower of *****, they even have the annouccers fooled..!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

squadro wrote: »
    The head on no neck.

Who :confused:

Damien.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The man with the polyphonic ringtone.

• Advertisement

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Wanderer me ould flower, I haaaaaaaaaate to say I told you so, let it go Stella's not involved ;)

Ill give it until sunday and if theres no sign of an accomplice ill concede defeat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement