Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

This is fooking stoopid! Hes soundproofed the place better than the white house panic room has he? Even the shoddy steel drawer??

Yes the steel drawer. A bit of rattling and away ya go.

The show is utter bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Tonight surely has cleared everyone else's possible involvement and it is 100% a Ciaran show. The story about Ciaran's Ipresume sister who does not look unlike Katy and Emmett could be interesting. At least it was not a predictable Cathal pulling the strings story anyway. I feel someone will get killed in this storyline before it is through and it won't be Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,741 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seriously was Eoghan worried and telling Tommy report his "bashing and mugging" to the Gardai in Vinos :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rose16

Ara fx&k.. This stuff wud drive ya to distraction..as if the super employer, business owner, tycoon Paulo Brennan or Doug and Douger would forget their is a steel sound proofed room conveniently plumbed wit a bathroom suite & metal bed behind that steel dresser !! Lol lol in real life if ya drop a biro behind a filing cabinet your boss will find it..

I can't do this to meself anymore..I'm looking behind every kitchen cabinet for shergar

Tonight surely has cleared everyone else's possible involvement and it is 100% a Ciaran show. The story about Ciaran's Ipresume sister who does not look unlike Katy and Emmett could be interesting. At least it was not a predictable Cathal pulling the strings story anyway. I feel someone will get killed in this storyline before it is through and it won't be Katy.

Debbie would be no loss, her acting is bad even by Fair City standards and she don't seem to show much emotion or care for her missing daughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

It's ridiculous - and fairly obvious that they're making it up as they're going along. The first time we saw a 'glimpse' of the captor, he seemed to be trying to comfort Katy (almost like he cared for her somewhat) but that didn't tie in with his smirk when he was looking at the camera last night
    Also, if he's seeking revenge on Emmet for whatever happened Ciaran's (presumed sister) then when he is going to let Emmet know?
    We have the captor, we have a flimsy motive, whats the end game here?

Oh and Caoimhe is getting on my nerves - offloading the child at every opportunity (she obviously read Orla/Carol's guide to parenting) - and then trying to get Damien to skip work (even though he has just started the job)
    Yet another non-story..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I DON'T CARE ABOUT AMA AND JAKE.! Jesus, why do they try to make non nationals into a interesting storyline, it doesn't work! .. I'm just not interested.... I can see the "you're a racist" comments coming my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

How can Katy hear out but they can't hear her?

I think she heard Emmet while the tablet was still switched on. Ciaran turned it off as fast as he could.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT AMA AND JAKE.! Jesus, why do they try to make non nationals into a interesting storyline, it doesn't work! .. I'm just not interested.... I can see the "you're a racist" comments coming my way.

Jake should have done a Keyser Söze and be over Cathal, running drugs, fake papers and call girls etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

It's ridiculous - and fairly obvious that they're making it up as they're going along. The first time we saw a 'glimpse' of the captor, he seemed to be trying to comfort Katy (almost like he cared for her somewhat) but that didn't tie in with his smirk when he was looking at the camera last night
    Also, if he's seeking revenge on Emmet for whatever happened Ciaran's (presumed sister) then when he is going to let Emmet know?
    We have the captor, we have a flimsy motive, whats the end game here?

Oh and Caoimhe is getting on my nerves - offloading the child at every opportunity (she obviously read Orla/Carol's guide to parenting) - and then trying to get Damien to skip work (even though he has just started the job)
    Yet another non-story..

Caoimhe spends the whole day walking up and down the street with that pram. She has the quietest child in Ireland that never needs to be fed or changed. I never saw a new Mum out so much.

• Advertisement

I know people who'd pay a fortune for that kind of soundproofing.... Is the builders name in the credits?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I know people who'd pay a fortune for that kind of soundproofing.... Is the builders name in the credits?

You can have all the soundproofing you want but the service hatch is the weakest link. Very bad writing / direction. I've seen it flopping up and down when in use. There's no way it's a tight fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I Maybe Emmett got Ciarans sister/girlfriend locked up overseas drug smuggling or something or framed Ciarans sister/girlfriend for something... Ciaran will keep Katy locked up for as long as his sister/girlfriend is.

Wasn't Emmett AWOL for a while overseas and missed Michaels funeral.. He might have done time?

This seems likely. Now we are getting places with this story. Emmett's past is another unknown quantity and he and a girl could have done time. An early theory I gave for Katy was that she went to Honduras and got into trouble and was imprisoned. This while not Katy's situation could be the reason for Katy's situation. Ciaran's ex girlfriend or sister befriends Emmett and they both get into trouble, her deeper than him.

Ciaran's range of emotions show him smirking at his pushing Emmett's button but also he shows he does not particularly like what he is doing to Katy herself. It is clearly Emmett he wants to hurt and will his feeling sorry for Katy win out over his hatred for Emmett? At this stage, it is very unlikely anyone else is involved. Cathal will drift in and out akin to Flynn I am sure but will we see Stella again?

All those months of keeping Katy hostage just to get revenge over something that happened to his sister /girlfriend or whoever? :confused::confused:. Very extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Can you make me a caesar salad as I fancy one now

I'll try my best but i'm more used to raw meat, a chalice of meade and that type of thing!

laylag wrote: »
    Damien has a superman curl!!

I'd say he'd find it hard to get off the ground though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Is he waiting for Emmett to go 'this is all my fault, karma for what I did to a young wan I met travelling'?

Just watching Wednesday's episode back on player.

Ama and Jake would bore you to tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

The motive appears to be revenge on Emmett for ruining a close relationship he had with a girlfriend/sister. But what is he waiting for to release Katy? Is it an admission from Emmet? An acknowledgment from Emmett that something happened with a girl when he was abroad? I've got to be honest it's not a bad way of going about the story at all IMO

The announcer on RTE described yesterdays episode as "the who shot Jr episode of Fair City" . in all fairness Dallas in 1980 when that happened had the whole world in suspense.

Just watched re runs of that Dallas season lately. Some storyline. There were about 10 legitimate suspects. For 1980 it was marvellous tv.

• Advertisement

Debbie would be no loss, her acting is bad even by Fair City standards and she don't seem to show much emotion or care for her missing daughter

Debbie's just an awful drip. The mournful look and i've had cows with more personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,837 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I Maybe Emmett got Ciarans sister/girlfriend locked up overseas drug smuggling or something or framed Ciarans sister/girlfriend for something... Ciaran will keep Katy locked up for as long as his sister/girlfriend is.

Wasn't Emmett AWOL for a while overseas and missed Michaels funeral.. He might have done time?

If I remember correctly, Emmett told lies to the O'Briens when he arrived back from Thailand, claimed he was somewhere remote in the country and had no internet access for months but they eventually discovered this wasn't true.

He was a bit of a slippery character when he first arrived so he might have skeletons in his cupboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,223 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I was thinking the same. Who gives a fook about Jake and his issues?

Racists are in all hail President Trump :p

I want Ama to climb into her bag and for anyone to throw it far out to sea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Didn't Ciaran mention a gf travelling in Canada at the start of the episode? Surely that is shoving down our neck the fact that it is a gf who broke up with him and hooked up with Emmett while Emmett was travelling (remember emmets arrival was when he came home from travelling and the picture is on beach) And now lives in Canada. That's my guess and w/o displaying any modesty of course, I have been on the ball so far!!!
    So I assume that is the course of events here, not his sister. There is no way, with this being a large known investigation it could be implied that Love Hates own family, never mind the guards would be aware of the details of a supposed death of LHS sister and the connection with the fact he is suddenly glued to the Ripeys.

His family would surely be suspicious and family or not, would furnish this information. Every connected person to a missing person is looked into thoroughly so for LH to not even be given a background check considering he only moved into the area before, fits the profile of a kidnapper, has no connection to the area, is living with a Ripey, hanging around with the rest of them, has done more than anyone in the campaign, goes missing here and there and has a mysterious backstreet shed which he wants no one in would alert a 4 year old of something odd going on.

I can just about buy a gf breaking up with him and shaking up with Emmett but a dead sister with all that's going on, would be monstrously non credible in this situation. .....

Then again......what show is this...

I

Didn't Greyie Connors aka Luke live in Canada with his family before separating and moving back so could the common girlfriend be Tommy's niece

Didn't Greyie Connors aka Luke live in Canada with his family before separating and moving back so could the common girlfriend be Tommy's niece

As twists go, it's so far flung it could work! Maybe Dervla Dillon has been recast and it's her in the pic.

I think it's more likely Ciarans sister than ex girlfriend because he couldn't be so bitter about an ex that he'd do this to Emmet yet still carry on with Alannah. This seems to be a like for like situation but given how angry he got about Katy ripping the scarf and how upset he got when he looked at the picture we can assume she is dead. Maybe she committed suicide when Emmet dumped her or was killed in an accident and Emmet was to blame or survived.

As twists go, it's so far flung it could work! Maybe Dervla Dillon has been recast and it's her in the pic.

I think it's more likely Ciarans sister than ex girlfriend because he couldn't be so bitter about an ex that he'd do this to Emmet yet still carry on with Alannah. This seems to be a like for like situation but given how angry he got about Katy ripping the scarf and how upset he got when he looked at the picture we can assume she is dead. Maybe she committed suicide when Emmet dumped her or was killed in an accident and Emmet was to blame or survived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The most annoying thing with FC is they answer to no criticism. They reply to and lap up all the praise they get in social media yet any sign of critical analysis and they ignore it. Typical RTE institutionalism. The worst is that FC fan page on Facebook and Twitter. I'm convinced it's set up by the writers the way they cringely well over exaggerate how good the show is. I am probably a bit of a b1tch when it comes to throwing my head in the air when I see this over praise for FC writing but this takes the biscuit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,223 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The most annoying thing with FC is they answer to no criticism. They reply to and lap up all the praise they get in social media yet any sign of critical analysis and they ignore it.

What criticism? Here it's not so much criticism, it's downright slating. I wouldn't respond either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement