Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,837 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

whosthatciaran_zpsmex45qaw.jpg

It's obvious Ciaran used to be that girl in the photo :)

Haha, between that and Caoimhe fancying Alannah, that would be two great twists for the show :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I wonder did they send the actor that plays Emmet half way cross the world just to get that photo taken for the show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,837 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I wonder did they send the actor that plays Emmet half way cross the world just to get that photo taken for the show!!

Photoshop obviously....it was probably taken in Carrigstown and superimposed onto a photo out of a travel brochure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

What??? You feel sorry for me?.:get over yourself! Anyway you always seem to take issue with my posts so I'm not going to read much into this.

The "I just want answes" was a joke!! You weren't meant to take it literally........

The only time i took issue with your posts was when you were writing up constant derogatory silly posts about danny dyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

What??? You feel sorry for me?.:get over yourself! Anyway you always seem to take issue with my posts so I'm not going to read much into this.

The "I just want answes" was a joke!! You weren't meant to take it literally........

The only time i took issue with your posts was when you were writing up constant derogatory silly posts about danny dyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

At least the photograph is realistic, instead of the usual actor's official headshots e.g. Vivienne's picture on the Bishop mantelpiece.

edit: Maybe not that realistic, just noticed Emmet isnt wearing that brown jacket!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    At least the photograph is realistic, instead of the usual actor's official headshots e.g. Vivienne's picture on the Bishop mantelpiece.

edit: Maybe not that realistic, just noticed Emmet isnt wearing that brown jacket!

And she has a leather handbag on the beach!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is there a new reveal or is it because the papers are saying Katy's kidnappers? If there is a second kidnapper, then it has to be Stella and that would make Stella either Ciaran's sister or else (if the girl shown with Emmett is not Ciaran's sister but ex girlfriend) that girl's sister.

I would like to add to BuilderPlumbers post: Is there a link somewhere saying there is another captor or is this just speculation?

I would like to add to BuilderPlumbers post: Is there a link somewhere saying there is another captor or is this just speculation?

There was a link posted previously of the episode description on sky where it said the word captors.

Having seen last night's episode, the word captors may have been used because Katy heard Ciaran talking to someone when Emmett walked in.

The same for tonight, the description reads:

"Katy tries to take matters into her own hands but her captors are one step ahead. Debbie tries to reconcile with Tommy while Rose does her best to drive a wedge between them."

The last sentence obviously being a hat tip to the late and great Lorcan Foley!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

THe summary on sky refers to captors

• Advertisement

Well MSN are suggesting there may be a second person involved so either RTE screwed up by mentioning the plural of captor in their description or else there may be a decent twist on the way...

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/entertainment/celebrity/fair-city-spoilers-is-there-another-shock-twist-in-katy%E2%80%99s-kidnapping-ordeal/ar-AAk7hVw?li=BBrdZor&ocid=spartanntp

Sorry double post!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

C-Shore wrote: »

The last sentence obviously being a hat tip to the late and great Lorcan Foley!

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Katy finds out next week that Ciaran is her kidnapper.

bazermc wrote: »
    Who?

Ah you missed the golden age of Carrigstown.

Lorcan was Carol's son. I can't remember how he died, but I think they kind of killed him off without bringing him back.

More importantly though, he killed Billy Meehan, who was Carol's boyfriend (husband maybe) but he was a scumbag.

He killed him with a golf club, which is why I mentioned him in reference to that sentence.

Who?

Carol's son.. he beat Billy Meehan to death with a golf wedge club

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Who?

Lorcan was Carol's son. He killed her then husband Billy Meehan with, I think, a hurley because he was a bit of a wrong'un (hence the 'wedge' reference, I presume)

Hurley?! I meant golf club!

Ouch!!!
    Katy faces starving to death next week as Ciaran packs his bags and decides to abandon her

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well Josef Fritzl was able to manage to keep his daughter and about 4 kids all held captive in the basement in his home for 19 years all on his own and also there were periods where he would go on holidays to Thailand for a week or two so people here saying Ciaran couldn't do it by himself why couldn't he? It's very believable, Castro in America kept those 3 girls captive in his house for over 10 years, he'd a full time job and lived in built up estate and had regular barbecues with the neighbours. who the f* would be going into Ciarans garage? And it's not that much of an effort providing someone with meals, and he also lives really close by. And as regards her washing she seems to be wearing the same clothes all the time, most captors wouldn't really care about the physical appearance of their victim, they would just make sure to give enough food to keep them alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Catching up now on last night
    Now I want Caesar salad and the name if his broadband provider

• Advertisement

Not wishing to sound gross or anything.. but is Kieran buying Katy tampons etc? Surely Farrah would be wondering who they were for

Also oh lord no not the immersion left on over night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

You left on the immersion haha classic line in a time of crisis

ANd after that climatic break... Ciaran says It's Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

What do you "want answers " about. ? You are so so negative all the time. Why ccan'tyou give praise wwhere it's due. Everyone is talking about how good fair city is at the moment. There are a few posters on this site who write very long constructive criticism about fc. And their points are always extremely interesting. But you are just so over the top in your constant slagging and negativity that i feel sorry for you.

Im negative too. The show is crap. There's a fine line between constructive criticism and negativity. Some are here to discuss the soap in serious terms and I leave them to it and would ever criticise them for enjoying the show. Some of us are here to take the mickey out of it and we are entitled to do that because in our opinion it deserves it.

I think your post above is unfair to TTB. If I had more time to post here, I'm certain you would be saying something similar about me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

How does Garda Alannah appear every time Caoimhe is out on the street which is about every 15 minutes. The town I'm from you wouldn't see a guard once a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Ciaran sounds like Joe Duffy. "Is it that bad".:D

• Registered Users Posts: 56,223 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Where's Spillane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

So Ciaran puts cable ties around Katy's hands, leaves and now no ties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Did Katy hear the door shutting there?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't really advise Katy to try and attack Ciaran, she was very lucky that he didn't go nuts there. It seems he is losing interest in keeping her as a hostage though as he sees that Emmet doesn't care either.
    Oh, and whoever compared Joseph Fritzel to Katy was ridiculous. Two different situations altogether. Katy went missing in a small Irish town and there is an investigation (albeit a bad one) underway. Those other unfortunates were a complete mystery to anyone outside the family so nobody was looking for them.

Plus lets not forget that Katy herself said a few weeks ago that she counts her meals like clockwork and she gets breakfast lunch and dinner regularly, so where did he get the time to do that during the dozens of scenes he was lunching with Ray and Doug, or the times he went straight out after work to help Emmet with flyers etc. Its as if the script writers have completely forgot all the times Ciaran was away from Katy for hours or days at a time, and its just weak writing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement