Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

And Emmet wanting to buy Tommy a present..

That was the best moment of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

That was such a strange exchange between Emmet and Allanah, caoimhe, damo and morbeg. The obviously upset Emmet, brother to the missing woman, walks up to ask to talk the Garda assigned to his missing sisters case, then the ever unprofessional Alannah takes the piss out of Caoimhe getting fit first. Then the upset Emmet mumbles something about Donuts and gets dogs abuse off Damo and Caoimhe.

Rose is the only one being slightly empathetic towards Emmet these days, yet I suspect there'll be a big reveal and we'll find out hes got a murky past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I know am sure the writers read this thread.
    Look back on the player and 47 seconds we get a glimpse of the speaker, on it in marker is "The talking brick", could that be a reference to our very own The talking bread ????
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

nagdefy wrote: »
    I'd say a lot of the Spar shoppers at the soft/energy drinks section are looking for the fizzy lucozade sport. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to scan the shelves. It's a terrible pain when you go to a shop without the fizzy version.

I didn't even know there was a fizzy locuzade sports drink, I like the orange sports drink, the red original lucozade in a can is my hangover cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Look back on the player and 47 seconds we get a glimpse of the speaker, on it in marker is "The talking brick", could that be a reference to our very own The talking bread ????

Haha that's hillarious, Talking Bread ur famous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

post-12687-0-32332900-1356617684.jpg

Strazdas wrote: »
    Just watched a trailer on RTE Player concerning what will happen next with Katy :
    She's planning to attack Ciaran with the broken CD by stabbing him repeatedly. We see her practising this in the shower (and out of sight of his camera)

I actually thought she was planning on slicing herself so he would have to get help?

Which leads me to wonder, even w/o even hurting herself, why doesn't she play dead!! Or sick! As far as she knows He doesn't want to kill her so he would ore than likely have to take action. And if not, the alternative is she will be alive anyway!

Anyway, the trailer explains this spoiler fro last week :
    Katy plans to attack her captor this Sunday, with "dangerous consequences". Ciaran tells Emmet next week that if Katy is dead, its all his (Emmets) fault, leaving Emmet confused and bewildered. I think we have our kidnapper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

fin12 wrote: »
    I didn't even know there was a fizzy locuzade sports drink, I like the orange sports drink, the red original lucozade in a can is my hangover cure.

It's in a blue/orange plastic wrapper and is really an orange fizzy drink. I like lucozade original too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Strazdas wrote: »
    Just watched a trailer on RTE Player concerning what will happen next with Katy :
    She's planning to attack Ciaran with the broken CD by stabbing him repeatedly. We see her practising this in the shower (and out of sight of his camera)

That's the first thing that came to mind, that in her view she has a weapon now. Never thought about Suicide tbh.

I think this is straightforward enough now. Between the photo Ciaran had and his frustration at Emmet, I'd say the one in the photo is Ciaran's sister. Something happened to her while with Emmet and Ciaran blames him.

So he's gone full psycho in his attempt to destroy Emmet, from befriending him to kidnapping his sister, it's all part of his masterplan to break him. But now Emmet is acting like he doesn't give a **** anymore about Katy, thus ruining Ciaran's plans and him becoming pissed off.

Ps this is my speculation, I don't watch the trailers nevermind read spoilers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

In a random musing did Doug ever hook up with that dancing chick he was to stay with in a hotel in Shannon on the way to dropping her off at the airport?

• Advertisement

In a random musing did Doug ever hook hope with that dancing chick he was to stay with in a hotel in Shannon on the way to dropping her off at the airport?

There was a graphic special hour long special with just the two of them after the watershed a few weeks back

young-woman-playing-with-a-pigeon-nahar-singh-palace-haryana-video-id479902771?s=640x640

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    That's the first thing that came to mind, that in her view she has a weapon now. Never thought about Suicide tbh.

I think this is straightforward enough now. Between the photo Ciaran had and his frustration at Emmet, I'd say the one in the photo is Ciaran's sister. Something happened to her while with Emmet and Ciaran blames him.

So he's gone full psycho in his attempt to destroy Emmet, from befriending him to kidnapping his sister, it's all part of his masterplan to break him. But now Emmet is acting like he doesn't give a **** anymore about Katy, thus ruining Ciaran's plans and him becoming pissed off.

Ps this is my speculation, I don't watch the trailers nevermind read spoilers. :pac:

I think we have to assume that Ciaran has a serious personality disorder and is not right in the head. Any normal person would just have it out with Emmett or beat him up if they had so much anger inside them. Instead he's channelling his anger in a very dangerous direction, which means other people are getting hurt, especially Katy.

One wonders what his plan has been all along. Perhaps torture Emmett for months with Katy's disappearance, eventually reveal everything and flee the country just after releasing her? It's clearly going to end badly for him no matter what though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I've resisted. I've stayed away from FC and this board for ages trying to get away from the madness of it all but this week I gave in as my wife promised it was "the week it all happened" (unfortunately she was referring to FC)
    Once more I told her Love Hate lad was the villain but she refused to believe until the "big reveal" (talk about an anti-climax!!)
    So I started watching again. In episode 2 (Wednesday) she cops there's someone the other side of the wall.
    Does she not realise the whole food tray thing opens out to the other side of the same wall?? Would it not be more clever to push it open and shout or wave her arm through hoping to get attention? No our Katy decides to wait and concoct some sort of shower blocking scene and then steal a weapon in the hope of overpowering her captor.
    Go Katy.
    In other FC news absolutely nothing has changed in the past 3 months except Flynn, a man who has imprisoned and threathened the Brennans, the Stripeys, Caddle and Greasy, coerced mrs mumbles into a bit of bedroom fumbling, threatened RAM and led to the death of Mumbles and is now running some sort of passport scam is living freely among the peace loving people of FC with everyone powerless to do anything about it.
    Great to be back

I've resisted. I've stayed away from FC and this board for ages trying to get away from the madness of it all but this week I gave in as my wife promised it was "the week it all happened" (unfortunately she was referring to FC)
    Once more I told her Love Hate lad was the villain but she refused to believe until the "big reveal" (talk about an anti-climax!!)
    So I started watching again. In episode 2 (Wednesday) Katy cops there's someone the other side of the wall.
    Does she not realise the whole food tray thing opens out to the other side of the same wall?? Would it not be more clever to push it open and shout or wave her arm through hoping to get attention? No our Katy decides to wait and concoct some sort of shower blocking scene and then steal a weapon in the hope of overpowering her captor.
    Go Katy.
    In other FC news absolutely nothing has changed in the past 3 months except Flynn, a man who has imprisoned and threathened the Brennans, the Stripeys, Caddle and Greasy, coerced Mrs Stripey into a bit of bedroom fumbling, threatened RAM and led to the death of Mumbles and is now running some sort of passport scam is living freely among the peace loving people of FC with everyone powerless to do anything about it.
    Great to be back

In a random musing did Doug ever hook up with that dancing chick he was to stay with in a hotel in Shannon on the way to dropping her off at the airport?
    Doug has gone into hiding and won't be seen until after Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I wonder will Heather be cured and released for Christmas. She could wear her red dress and start romancing Ciaran. Then Ellie could call to see him at work and find KT.

Coat22 wrote: »

Sounds like a tasty storyline

Coat22 wrote: »

Doug is seriously busy with paperwork from the garage. He's writing up invoices for Oisín. Rumour has it he's very productive and has 4 done in the last fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,215 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Seriously, guys. Spillane has done a Rocco on us!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So was Cathal Spillane behind the knocking house (or knows someone who is) in Longford and hence his taunting of the Ram? That was never explained...

Katy is lucky she hasn't been hurt yet, despite her sneaky trying to escape and ripping all the scarves. Ciaran is clearly not all there but he doesn't seem to be violent...yet.

• Advertisement

Seriously, guys. Spillane has done a Rocco on us!

Cathal was there 2 episodes ago???

Cathal was there 2 episodes ago???

Maybe, but there wasn't a place any of them could go without his mug popping up. Now he hasn't been seen in 2-3 episodes. I'm calling it early, where's Spillane?

He was there for a week! Think last night was first episode he wasn't in!!

I remember your obsession with Rocco now! !

You're catching on now. I'll get a few months out of this.

At least Rocco had an excuse. He went to park the car. What's Spillane's?

walshb wrote: »

Who was Rocco again?

walshb wrote: »

Spillane missed 1 episode!! Seriously!! ?? I don't get the joke!!

Spillane missed 1 episode!! Seriously!! ?? I don't get the joke!!

Chill. You're forever telling others to chill. Surely at this stage you know my agenda here?

BTW, I think Spillane was not seen for at least two episodes....That's an absolute eternity when you consider he was in every scene recently. Popping up in two places at the same time sometimes. He was even introducing the show before it began...

Hence the joke, where's Spillane?:cool:

nagdefy wrote: »
    Who was Rocco again?

A man who went to park his car and hasn't been seen since!

Also known as Sally's fellit!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Not wishing to sound gross or anything.. but is Kieran buying Katy tampons etc? Surely Farrah would be wondering who they were for

Maybe he's shopping somewhere else other then Spar?

*(I know, I'll wash my mouth out with soap)*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement