Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I thought KT was going to cut herself. That might have been a better idea. Then LH would have to bring her to hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I read that Katy learns who her kidnapper is next. This will put her in greater danger

Longterm I don't think they are going to go down the road of letting Katy die due to being abandoned by Ciaran. I do predict that Emmett, Eoghan and/or Tommy could end up killing Ciaran when rescuing Katy after Emmett gets suspicious of something about Ciaran. Emmett or Eoghan will surely either see something like that device he has to watch Katy or else Ciaran will say or do something to raise suspicions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

If Michaels anniversary is coming up it could be the 'anniversary' of whatever incident took place between Emmet and Ciarans sister/girl in pic. Hmmmm

Rfrip wrote: »
    Jesus Christ this is so ****e

Fair City wasn't but that drivel that was on before it most certain was utter ****e. What the hell was that? Idiots on tractors listening to poor boyband music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Fair City wasn't but that drivel that was on before it most certain was utter ****e. What the hell was that? Idiots on tractors listening to poor boyband music.

Ah stop BP! That was one of the most surreal and error strewn half an hour of script that FC has produced in a while! :D Great material for the thread!

• Advertisement

I read that Katy learns who her kidnapper is next. This will put her in greater danger

Longterm I don't think they are going to go down the road of letting Katy die due to being abandoned by Ciaran. I do predict that Emmett, Eoghan and/or Tommy could end up killing Ciaran when rescuing Katy after Emmett gets suspicious of something about Ciaran. Emmett or Eoghan will surely either see something like that device he has to watch Katy or else Ciaran will say or do something to raise suspicions.

Maybe, just maybe we will get a siege! Been a couple of weeks now since last one!

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Jesus theyre really dragging Athlone through the mud! Did Caoimhe apart from her recent personality transplant have time to go to the hair dressers for a die job and blow dry between her run and lunch? Few questions about KTs cell. I'd guess LH didnt buy a shed with built in dungeon. So if he recently built it why does it look so old and dank? A plastic shower door wouldnt keep anyone in place too long either.

You never know, all this talk of brothels may be good for Athlone's tourist trade!! The Amsterdam of Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

You sound like a lovely person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Ha ha! I presume he'll just shut off the water supply. And turn off the IMMERSION!

• Advertisement

nagdefy wrote: »
    Ha ha! I presume he'll just shut off the water supply. And turn off the IMMERSION!

central heating, underfloor heating, waterbed, that cell has the lot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

It's quite popular, doing up old tractors and the whole vintage scene. I wouldn't be into it myself but i'd know farmers, mechanics and so on that are into it. The girls was a bit of a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

[B]I do predict that Emmett, Eoghan and/or Tommy could end up killing Ciaran when rescuing Katy

[/B]
    Jaysis, I hope Eoghan is more careful this time. Remember the last time he helped to rescue someone? This time he needs to keep his elbows by his sides, and Emmet should stand well away from him, just in case....

Wow! I didn’t know Athlone was such a den of iniquity! Knocking shops, brothels, massage parlours, maybe even a few S&M dungeons. Well, I know where I’m going on my hols next summer .
    And I never knew that a CD could be used as a lethal weapon . Though if it was a Daniel O’Donnell CD, well , I suppose that could prove fatal all right. In any case, Ciaran reacted like he had been hit by a rocket-propelled grenade. And when he got back home, we saw that his horrible , grevious wound could only be covered by a little 2x2 inch bandage. ‘’That’s going to need some stitches,’’ diagnoses Dr Emmet, GP,MRCSI. For feck’s sake, I’ve seen more blood on an under-cooked turkey.
    I feel sorry for the little babby. Imagine being ‘reared ‘ by Head&Shoulders and Caoimhe, and having to spend all day every day in a buggy on the footpath outside your own door. Last week, I think it was Dolores who said, ‘’Awwh, she looks just like you, Damien.’’ ...No she doesn’t look like him, Dolly, she has a neck, (she’ll certainly need a good hard neck to put up with parents like them.)
    The Ram and Stripey ‘love affair’ is such a big secret that the only place they can share an illicit kiss is in the total privacy of the local pub during daylight hours. Lucky for them, the same bar staff never appear behind the counter twice in a row, so their secret is safe.
    Eoghan, despite being unemployed, has his coffee at GlenRose’s house, then in the Community Centre, then in Bob’s Food Emporium, then tips off to the pub for a few pints in the afternoon, as you do. Just in time, of course, to catch Tommy and Stripey practically shagging. A master of good timing, obviously.
    By the way, I wonder how ‘THE PLAN’ is coming on? Me finger-nails are chewed to the bone here. I don’t think I can take the suspense any longer...........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Spoiler from the next episode from the RTE Player :
    Ciaran is at home watching the laptop when Katy holds up a handwritten sign to the camera saying 'Goodbye' and she then unscrews the lightbulb, leaving Ciaran freaked out

The spoilers are great and the actual execution of the scenes is just meh.

The spoilers are great and the actual execution of the scenes is just meh.
    This.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Next week Ciaran tells Katy that her sister never came home after being dumped by Emmet in Thailand last year, hence the motive. Katy responds by, drum roll people, going on hunger strike. Again :rolleyes:

Sweet Jesus, that's it now for me, I don't care anymore. A simple call from Deegan or even a brief look at Emmets social media would have confirmed the above and could have saved a hell of a lot of hassle from May to now. So many script holes that its leaking.

Next week Ciaran tells Katy that her sister never came home after being dumped by Emmet in Thailand last year, hence the motive. Katy responds by, drum roll people, going on hunger strike. Again :rolleyes:

Sweet Jesus, that's it now for me, I don't care anymore. A simple call from Deegan or even a brief look at Emmets social media would have confirmed the above and could have saved a hell of a lot of hassle from May to now. So many script holes that its leaking.

This is it. There is no way that a fella with the profile of LoveHate would not have been vetted. A simple background search and he is by far the clear suspect!
    For me, that is the biggest travesty in this whole story.

You sound like a lovely person

I am but I also am a TV tax payer and a Love/Hate fan so I naturally object to drivel like what was shown prior to Fair City last night. Stetsons and Stilettos getting a second series is a complete waste of resources and more of the corruption that is rife in this country.

Fair City gets a lot of unfair criticism imo. I think it is entertaining and way better than anything else currently shown on RTE. Stetsons and Stilettos more than proves my point.

This Ciaran guy seems to be completely sick in the head. I wonder will he start to show his true colours with Emmett. He will surely mention this girl to Emmett at some stage.

• Advertisement

Is the implication
    .....that Ciaran's sister is now dead? I think we're meant to assume that Ciaran is mentally unstable anyway. It strikes me too that Ciaran Holloway is not his real name, he has probably created a bogus identity for himself

Strazdas wrote: »
    Is the implication
    .....that Ciaran's sister is now dead? I think we're meant to assume that Ciaran is mentally unstable anyway

Dead or missing I would imagine. Maybe she reappears in next few weeks and they put the pieces together. Ie, Emmett finds out
    it was LoveHates sister that he dumped and puts 2 and 2 together.
    Then we get a siege and an anticlimax and before you know it we are back to "The Plan" and Lycra Laura's passive aggressive behaviour as the main plots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Dead or missing I would imagine. Maybe she reappears in next few weeks and they put the pieces together. Ie, Emmett finds out
    it was LoveHates sister that he dumped and puts 2 and 2 together.
    Then we get a siege and an anticlimax and before you know it we are back to "The Plan" and Lycra Laura's passive aggressive behaviour as the main plots.

The main plot should always be the PLAN.

You live with someone 6 months and not a mention of your family and not a bit of cop on from this guy's family/friends that his own sisters' death/missing may call into question his link with the family who he is stuck to since KT went missing !!
    !

Give me strength!!

This is precisely what keeps this thread in business!

It was entertaining while it lasted I guess but there are way too many gaps in logic or common sense for the kidnap story to be revived. I don't know if I'm more annoyed with myself for actually thinking they might make a decent conclusion from it or the p!ss poor script around the whole lack of background checks/total incompetence from Alannah, Deegan, the family in general not smelling a rat with Love Hate.

I don't think hes going to kill her now. To be fair, however deranged his reasoning is, he isn't violent and he has had a fair few chances to hurt Katy physically up to now but he walked away.

Cazale wrote: »
    The main plot should always be the PLAN.

Apparently, they are focusing on Dermot/Paul/Niamh again this week. What is 'the plan' for Dermot? Is he really dying or is this all some part of an elaborate scam? Is Dermot leaving or is he being turned into a JR Ewing type character?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,215 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Buzz word for this week? PLAN!

It was entertaining while it lasted I guess but there are way too many gaps in logic or common sense for the kidnap story to be revived. I don't know if I'm more annoyed with myself for actually thinking they might make a decent conclusion from it or the p!ss poor script around the whole lack of background checks/total incompetence from Alannah, Deegan, the family in general not smelling a rat with Love Hate.

I don't think hes going to kill her now. To be fair, however deranged his reasoning is, he isn't violent and he has had a fair few chances to hurt Katy physically up to now but he walked away.

Ciaran isn't violent but certainly is mentally unstable. Emmett is bound to cop on. It will be interesting to reveal what Emmett was at in Thailand as well.

Ciaran isn't violent but certainly is mentally unstable. Emmett is bound to cop on. It will be interesting to reveal what Emmett was at in Thailand as well.

Ciaran could have just don't this to Emmet instead surely! It would have given him satisfaction on both counts, for revenge and to see his family suffer.

• Advertisement

You live with someone 6 months and not a mention of your family and not a bit of cop on from this guy's family/friends that his own sisters' death/missing may call into question his link with the family who he is stuck to since KT went missing !!
    !

Give me strength!!

This is precisely what keeps this thread in business!

Has Ciaran changed identity though? This could be what throwing people off the scent, his name could be Seamus Byrne or whatever and he has rolled into Carrigstown hell bent on getting revenge on Emmett. It's possible too that he is keeping contact with his own family and friends to an absolute mininum, he might even have told them he is abroad (though he would risk being spotted in Dublin of course...I'm assuming he is from some area miles away from Carrigstown).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement