Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,215 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Far too much thought going into LH being the captor and how someone should have known....The story is just so stupid that nothing makes sense. It has no logic to it, hence him or anyone else being suspected has no logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    Has Ciaran changed identity though? This could be what throwing people off the scent, his name could be Seamus Byrne or whatever and he has rolled into Carrigstown hell bent on getting revenge on Emmett. It's possible too that he is keeping contact with his own family and friends to an absolute mininum, he might even have told them he is abroad (though he would risk being spotted in Dublin of course...I'm assuming he is from some area miles away from Carrigstown).

Its also a HUGE ask of the audience to just accept that when he rolled into town knowing nobody he just happened to strike up a friendship with Emmet which led to him moving in with him and then just popping in with the family on a daily basis when their world collapsed around them. If that was anyone else the first thing the family would be asking is "Why is your man always hanging around us, bit of a weirdo isn't he?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Has Ciaran changed identity though? This could be what throwing people off the scent, his name could be Seamus Byrne or whatever and he has rolled into Carrigstown hell bent on getting revenge on Emmett. It's possible too that he is keeping contact with his own family and friends to an absolute mininum, he might even have told them he is abroad (though he would risk being spotted in Dublin of course...I'm assuming he is from some area miles away from Carrigstown).

It is to be assumed Ciaran Holloway is not his real name. Or else he never let on his surname to anyone. The funny thing about him is that he never came across as creepy or dodgy. The most creepy character in FC but ultimately harmless was that reporter guy who was always showing up in the nude at breakfast time. If he was in it now, he'd have been a suspect as well!

Its also a HUGE ask of the audience to just accept that when he rolled into town knowing nobody he just happened to strike up a friendship with Emmet which led to him moving in with him and then just popping in with the family on a daily basis when their world collapsed around them. If that was anyone else the first thing the family would be asking is "Why is your man always hanging around us, bit of a weirdo isn't he?".

In reality it is always a bad sign when someone not previously close to a victim of a crime's family is overly helpful like Ciaran is with the O'Briens. I remember Ian Huntley and other real world criminals being overly helpful to the family of their victims prior to being caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I remember saying at the time (before Katy even went missing I think) that it was a bit weird that this new character had showed up out of nowhere with no family or friends or back story to speak of and was now hanging out with the residents of Carrigstown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ciaran isn't violent but certainly is mentally unstable. Emmett is bound to cop on. It will be interesting to reveal what Emmett was at in Thailand as well.

He was travelling! Like a lot of young people do! Not that interesting! When he arrived in C'Town all he had was 30 layers of clothing and a rucksack

Only way they can get out of this with any minute credibility. Still a Garda vet would have been done into his background regardless and any criminal background check will automatically show he "doesnt exist" if he is under a different identity.

It is to be assumed Ciaran Holloway is not his real name. Or else he never let on his surname to anyone. The funny thing about him is that he never came across as creepy or dodgy. The most creepy character in FC but ultimately harmless was that reporter guy who was always showing up in the nude at breakfast time. If he was in it now, he'd have been a suspect as well!

I would consider someone who is essentially a stranger and room mate sticking to my family and getting engrossed into my family affairs and having disclosed nothing about himself very creepy. He also just stands there. Shuffles into a "private" conversation in the middle of the road every ten minutes, says hello and stands there!!

That was all a bit creepy and dodgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

How is he getting his fake name past Paul Brennan when he is paid?!

Dodgy PPS number?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Maybe Ciaran has a different second name to his sister, she was his half sister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Next week sees the return of The Plan.

How is he getting his fake name past Paul Brennan when he is paid?!

Dodgy PPS number?

It could be that he has created a fake persona and has a false PPS number. He certainly seems smart enough to pull off a fraud like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Next week sees the return of The Plan.

According to the Sky guide it'll be back on Thursday.
    Niamh is heartbroken as the reality of Dermot's illness hits home. What did she think he meant when he said "Niamh, I'm dying"??!

A proper "fit for a Boards poster" p1ss take of Fair City on Republic of Telly there now!!!

fin12 wrote: »
    Maybe Ciaran has a different second name to his sister, she was his half sister.

This could be it. One has to ask what do we know about Ciaran? Not much apart from the fact he is a mechanic, loves motor bikes (so too must the actor as he also had a motor bike in Love/Hate), and is not related to any other character. We now know he has a lot to hide as Katy's sole kidnapper and we know there is this girl in the picture with Emmett. We know he wants to get revenge on Emmett and is using Katy to do so.

Then, what about the place he has Katy in? Who exactly owns this? Where is it? I assume it is some building belonging to Paul near to the garage/in the garage and rented by Ciaran? Don't really remember the origins of his place. It clearly is fitted out for someone to live in. But did Ciaran get this done or was it always like this?

youwould wrote: »
    According to the Sky guide it'll be back on Thursday.
    Niamh is heartbroken as the reality of Dermot's illness hits home. What did she think he meant when he said "Niamh, I'm dying"??!

As said earlier I wonder what is 'the plan' for the Dermot character? Paul will have a nightmare Christmas comprised of dealing with a kidnapped girl and possibly a murdered kidnapper on his premises, his wife plotting to take him to the cleaners along with his accountant and perhaps a heart attack after all this. Then again Oisin may cop onto what Niamh is up to and stop it leading to a dangerous fight between Paul and Dermot.

It isn't Paul's premises!! He doesn't own every last crack and hole in the town! I doubt the writers have even considered how Ciaran suddenly had this shed!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

A proper "fit for a Boards poster" p1ss take of Fair City on Republic of Telly there now!!!

In fairness Republic of Telly is utter ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For once Debbie showed some concern for her missing daughter and they hey presto back to wanting some Ram action :mad:

In fairness Republic of Telly is utter ****e

Oh, big time!! I genuinely hate what the show has become and I can't watch it anymore but when I flicked through and seen Emmett on screen when he walked into Ciarans lair I knew they were doing a p1ss take. I missed half of it, I think but they done a few skits on it tonight. There was a skit about when Tommy walked in and Stripey was slowly bundling the paper clippings away and it was very good! I will have to try find the whole skit
    But as you said, ROT is crap and I put up a post on another thread emphasising my feelings on it the other day!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101634160#post101634160

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

As said earlier I wonder what is 'the plan' for the Dermot character? Paul will have a nightmare Christmas comprised of dealing with a kidnapped girl and possibly a murdered kidnapper on his premises, his wife plotting to take him to the cleaners along with his accountant and perhaps a heart attack after all this. Then again Oisin may cop onto what Niamh is up to and stop it leading to a dangerous fight between Paul and Dermot.

It's not his premises, it's L/H's as far as we know. But tbh I doubt Paul would even bat an eyelid. He's only ever had a max of 3 scenes with L/H even though he's his boss!

This could be it. One has to ask what do we know about Ciaran? Not much apart from the fact he is a mechanic, loves motor bikes (so too must the actor as he also had a motor bike in Love/Hate), and is not related to any other character. We now know he has a lot to hide as Katy's sole kidnapper and we know there is this girl in the picture with Emmett. We know he wants to get revenge on Emmett and is using Katy to do so.

Then, what about the place he has Katy in? Who exactly owns this? Where is it? I assume it is some building belonging to Paul near to the garage/in the garage and rented by Ciaran? Don't really remember the origins of his place. It clearly is fitted out for someone to live in. But did Ciaran get this done or was it always like this?

When we first saw the lock up / garage, there was no explanation as to how Ciaran came to be in charge of it.

It appears to be in Carrigstown though. We've seen Alannah and Emmett show up at it unexpectedly before.

youwould wrote: »
    It's not his premises, it's L/H's as far as we know. But tbh I doubt Paul would even bat an eyelid. He's only ever had a max of 3 scenes with L/H even though he's his boss!

Where is it supposed to be? I assume it is near the garage. It was shown a few weeks back from the outside but I didn't take much notice.

When we first saw the lock up / garage, there was no explanation as to how Ciaran came to be in charge of it.

It appears to be in Carrigstown though. We've seen Alannah and Emmett show up at it unexpectedly before.

It is almost certainly in Carrigstown. It has to be part of I assume Paul's building. Ciaran being nervous when people showed up there unexpectly confirmed it was him and that this was where Katy was being held when one looks back on it.

When Eoghan and Emmett find out they have been living with the man responsible for Katy's disappearance, Ciaran is as good as dead. Both of them along with Tommy will all want to seek revenge and Ciaran will most likely come to a bad end similarly to his Love/Hate character. Perhaps some good will come out of it: a liver for Dermot, and then a dodgy accountant storyline.

Ciaran is a man of mystery. He came along one day out of the blue as a date for Jane and then became a mechanic and befriended Emmett. In his early days, he was hardly noticed. A quiet, seemingly decent sort. But his overconcern for Katy and his shifty behavior started to show him as a man with a lot to hide. Yet he is not violent, a pervert or a murderer. I can't recall Ciaran and Katy meeting each other before she was kidnapped but I am sure they did. There was never any reason to associate both and clearly this was the whole idea. Ciaran was always almost from the start shown as Emmett's new best friend, with both forming a close friendship after first falling out over poker.

It is almost certainly in Carrigstown. It has to be part of I assume Paul's building. Ciaran being nervous when people showed up there unexpectly confirmed it was him and that this was where Katy was being held when one looks back on it.

When Eoghan and Emmett find out they have been living with the man responsible for Katy's disappearance, Ciaran is as good as dead. Both of them along with Tommy will all want to seek revenge and Ciaran will most likely come to a bad end similarly to his Love/Hate character. Perhaps some good will come out of it: a liver for Dermot, and then a dodgy accountant storyline.

Ciaran is a man of mystery. He came along one day out of the blue as a date for Jane and then became a mechanic and befriended Emmett. In his early days, he was hardly noticed. A quiet, seemingly decent sort. But his overconcern for Katy and his shifty behavior started to show him as a man with a lot to hide. Yet he is not violent, a pervert or a murderer. I can't recall Ciaran and Katy meeting each other before she was kidnapped but I am sure they did. There was never any reason to associate both and clearly this was the whole idea. Ciaran was always almost from the start shown as Emmett's new best friend, with both forming a close friendship after first falling out over poker.

Someone here said that Ciaran and Katy shared a couple of minor scenes before she disappeared. She was aware of him in other words and knew that he was Emmett's new friend.

The implication has to be that Ciaran is mentally disturbed. A normal person would just give Emmett a good hiding if they felt there was a score to be settled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Just out there having a gawk at the moon..

The sky has cleared up nicely but the moon doesn't look any bigger to me.. Maybe i need the eyes tested. Off to bed..

I saw the whole of the moon;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Ignore my last post, i had 2 tabs open and posted in the wrong one. Morto :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

nagdefy wrote:
    Ignore my last post, i had 2 tabs open and posted in the wrong one. Morto

Lol! Well it gave me a good laugh reading it this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,215 ✭✭✭✭walshb

nagdefy wrote: »

The sky has cleared up nicely but the moon doesn't look any bigger to me.. Maybe i need the eyes tested. Off to bed..

Poor KT would give her right arm to see what you saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

nagdefy wrote: »

I saw my neighbour's arse hanging out again this morning, not the moon I wanted to see :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement