Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

nagdefy wrote: »
    Ignore my last post, i had 2 tabs open and posted in the wrong one. Morto :eek:
    Never, EVER do tabs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Strazdas wrote: »
    Someone here said that Ciaran and Katy shared a couple of minor scenes before she disappeared. She was aware of him in other words and knew that he was Emmett's new friend.

The implication has to be that Ciaran is mentally disturbed. A normal person would just give Emmett a good hiding if they felt there was a score to be settled.

Ciaran seems to be mentally disturbed and has a sick way of dealing with things. He also is very deep and hidden so it proves he is disturbed but in a calm and calculating patient way. Emmett is bound to get wise to him. Especially if Emmett has decided to give up and move on and Ciaran becomes frustrated.

Ciaran may start reminding Emmett of the girl in the photo bit by bit. Perhaps starting with a vague reference to Thailand like 'I am thinking of going to Thailand for a holiday. I believe you were there with your friends'. Then he may draw down more and more about specific things and say something Emmett knows he should not know about. This could then unravel Ciaran's hidden agenda. As soon as Emmett knows he has Katy, Ciaran's jig is up imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ciaran seems to be mentally disturbed and has a sick way of dealing with things. He also is very deep and hidden so it proves he is disturbed but in a calm and calculating patient way. Emmett is bound to get wise to him. Especially if Emmett has decided to give up and move on and Ciaran becomes frustrated.

Ciaran may start reminding Emmett of the girl in the photo bit by bit. Perhaps starting with a vague reference to Thailand like 'I am thinking of going to Thailand for a holiday. I believe you were there with your friends'. Then he may draw down more and more about specific things and say something Emmett knows he should not know about. This could then unravel Ciaran's hidden agenda. As soon as Emmett knows he has Katy, Ciaran's jig is up imo.

Ciaran will definitely be killed when this is all exposed but that's only the start of it. When they find out what Emmet did to his girlfriend/sister the whole family are going to blame HIM for what happened to Katy and relations will only worsen further.

A few weeks ago when speculation was at its strongest, that was the most enjoyable part of this story, I really am surprised that Stella seems to be a red herring, they had the makings of a really good gripping story if they combined Ciaran and Stella but they went down the boring and predictable road of "Its me I did it all alone despite that being impossible and my reasons are clichéd and that's all there is". Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

And Ciaran is of course becoming enraged that Emmett is now saying he is resigned to Katy's loss and accepts she will never come back. This is completely ruining the point of her being held hostage (to punish Emmett), so the whole thing is beginning to unravel for him. He is holding Katy captive and Emmett doesn't even look bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The problem with this story (and all stories on FC), some posters build up hope and trust that the writers pull what would be reasonable script ideas and dialogue etc out of the bag and then they are let down over and over again! Keep your expectations low, theory wise and, trust me, you won't be as frustrated!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Looking forward to Fair City tonight. I like it when the crazy characters start to disintegrate, like Lucy 4 years ago and now Ciaran.

The full moon might effect Ciaran too. I remember a guard i knew telling me that he hated working Saturday nights with a full moon. He swore there were a lot more fights around the local town chippers. Lunar and luantic and the pull of the moon on the cerebral spinal fluid in the brain and all that kinda thing :)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I saw my neighbour's arse hanging out again this morning, not the moon I wanted to see :eek:

Just for you Liz a little ditty sung by Dan Clancy in Kilinaskully 12 years ago with vague reference to your experience..

'As I roved out one morning…the afternoon
    I spied a pretty maiden, she was gawking at the moon
    She said she loved a sailer boy who was all gone off to sea
    He had a sty, and one glass eye
    And says she, he looked like me

She grabbed me by the lilly white hand and she led me to her bed
    She laid me down and tied me up and this is what she said
    As I roved out one morning in the month of may
    I spied a maid with her hair in braid and her head all gone astray
    She said she loved the sailor boy whose skin was as white as Delph
    He had a hump and a leg like a stump
    And says she he looked like meself

So she grabbed my be the lilly white hand and she laid my head on her breast
    And the tale she recited of love unrequited just to get it off her chest
    As I…
    (Don’t have video for this one, sorry.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

They'll probably throw Ciaran off a balcony...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

nagdefy wrote: »
    Just out there having a gawk at the moon..

The sky has cleared up nicely but the moon doesn't look any bigger to me.. Maybe i need the eyes tested. Off to bed..

I saw the whole of the moon;)

I think it's tonight it's supposed to be really big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Mary byrne cracks me up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

She's not gonna hang herself because this story has to last until Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

So Tommy is now basically living with Debbie and Rose? Why is Rose even still living there? Anyways, Debbie is a c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Every time love hate speaks to Katie with the synth voice he reminds me of bolg the King Orc in Lord of the rings. I keep expecting to hear the line "The age of man is over, the time of the Orc has come." Could he not have chosen a more friendly fake voice like say roadrunner or something and end the conversation with the meep meep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

What an episode: Emmet trys to out do his over reaction record with Cup slamming action. Rose forgot she was having cheery breakfast and lunches with Tommy last week. The Gripeys sort out their family business in Spar. Caoimhe who doesnt seem too bothered about her Dads face, her child or her husband takes up a new job doing a bit of restaurant managing. Tommy reminds somone he is a crazy man. KT finally puts out the light! Wow! Quick question, if Damo is a builder why is he never on site or wearing any building gear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

The look of shock on Ciaran's face when he saw KT unscrewing the bulb was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

That damo good god he puts years on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Is ciaran going to set her free. Then Katie will spend the remainder of the year trying to figure out who was it. Then she'll find his jacket or something or a video recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Who'd win a scrap Emmet or LH? Who could over act more Emmet or LH? Who could wear more rediculous tops Emmet or LH?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Emmett looked very stressed there trying to pick what bottle of lucozade to buy in the Spar.

Ouch, Ciaran finally got violent with Katy, and its not going to be the last time either given his descent into anger and grief. She got a fair slap across the head. Can anyone tell me what he said to her at the end? I missed it, the phone rang, she just looked scared then the credits rolled...

P.S Damien and Caoimhe? FCUK off and don't come back, most boring characters ever written. Every one of their stupid outdoor interactions go like this:

<Caoimhe and Damien meet in the park> "Hello" "Hi" "I'm thinking of going back to work" "...." "Its my choice Damien" "...".
    2 minutes later they meet in that nameless café with the 50euros hot chocolate.
    <Damien sits down> "Honey I'm sorry I don't mean to give you a hard time" "...." "I don't want you working" "....".

A nation DIES of boredom.

• Advertisement

Ouch, Ciaran finally got violent with Katy, and its not going to be the last time either given his descent into anger and grief. She got a fair slap across the head. Can anyone tell me what he said to her at the end? I missed it, the phone rang, she just looked scared then the credits rolled...

P.S Damien and Caoimhe? FCUK off and don't come back, most boring characters ever written. Every one of their stupid outdoor interactions go like this:

<Caoimhe and Damien meet in the park> "Hello" "Hi" "I'm thinking of going back to work" "...." "Its my choice Damien" "...".
    2 minutes later they meet in that nameless café with the 50euros hot chocolate.
    <Damien sits down> "Honey I'm sorry I don't mean to give you a hard time" "...." "I don't want you working" "....".

A nation DIES of boredom.

I think it was 'it ends tomorrow. We are going somewhere'.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

This is it. There is no way that a fella with the profile of LoveHate would not have been vetted. A simple background search and he is by far the clear suspect!
    For me, that is the biggest travesty in this whole story.

what would he have been garda vetted for?

I think it was 'it ends tomorrow. We are going somewhere'.

Thanks. Tonights episode was quite different to the official description from RTE last week: "Katy faces a slow death from starvation as her captor decides to abandon her".

I don't think its quite over yet. Next week there are Katy and Ciaran scenes in her cell, suggesting its still going to drag on and she has now heard his voice..

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Only way they can get out of this with any minute credibility. Still a Garda vet would have been done into his background regardless and any criminal background check will automatically show he "doesnt exist" if he is under a different identity.

that is wrong... a background check would show he doesn't have any entries on PULSE not that he doesn't exist

Thanks. Tonights episode was quite different to the official description from RTE last week: "Katy faces a slow death from starvation as her captor decides to abandon her".

I don't think its quite over yet. Next week there are Katy and Ciaran scenes in her cell, suggesting its still going to drag on and she has now heard his voice..

You are welcome. She
    identifies who he is in coming episodes which means he cannot release her. Maybe that episode you described wlll be later

Those Damian and Caoimhe scenes are awful. I have to agree. I think that these parents with babies storylines in soaps are ultra boring. Let's keep the Katy and Dermot/Niamh/Paul stories going and let's keep this thing at bay.

They messed up the Caoimhe character I think too. They softened her and made her a second Orla. I couldn't picture the old Caoimhe going with a 45 year old man like Damian or having children. She was also a more interesting character.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    So Tommy is now basically living with Debbie and Rose? Why is Rose even still living there? Anyways, Debbie is a c*nt.

I would love for Tommy to go off with Rose :P

I think Eoghan will attempt suicide, he has lost everyone and really has nothing :(

You are welcome. She
    identifies who he is in coming episodes which means he cannot release her. Maybe that episode you described wlll be later

Those Damian and Caoimhe scenes are awful. I have to agree. I think that these parents with babies storylines in soaps are ultra boring. Let's keep the Katy and Dermot/Niamh/Paul stories going and let's keep this thing at bay.

They messed up the Caoimhe character I think too. They softened her and made her a second Orla. I couldn't picture the old Caoimhe going with a 45 year old man like Damian or having children. She was also a more interesting character.

It always seems to be the case in FC that the decent storylines, like Katy or Heather, or even The Plan, are counterbalanced by absolute rubbish like Caoimhe going back to work, Laura and Sash having arguments or Damien and Pete not working well together. Its like they cannot have more than one watchable story co-existing with another.

I don't know what his plan for Katy is now, in his head its perfectly logical what hes doing. Katy is obviously going to see his face soon and then he either has to keep her hostage forever or kill her. I don't think, even after hitting her tonight, he has it in him to kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think that cafe must be at the hotel as it's adjoining a beauty salon that doesn't look like the one Niamh owns?
    Why didn't KT try to pull LoveHate's balaclava off?

Damo is a possessive stubborn mule. Caoimhe wants to go out on a Tuesday night. Things won't end well there.

Also Caoimhe gave Damo a slag back about his weight..that's how it all started with Suzanne when she rationed his toast :D

• Advertisement

Rose (Geraldine Plunkett) was a really good looking woman back when Glenroe started in 1983, 33 years ago. How we all age. Dick Moran was chasing her and she was married to an older man that used beat her. The fella died in season 1 or 2 of Glenroe. Seemed like an arranged marriage in the 50s/60s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement