Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It always seems to be the case in FC that the decent storylines, like Katy or Heather, or even The Plan, are counterbalanced by absolute rubbish like Caoimhe going back to work, Laura and Sash having arguments or Damien and Pete not working well together. Its like they cannot have more than one watchable story co-existing with another.

I don't know what his plan for Katy is now, in his head its perfectly logical what hes doing. Katy is obviously going to see his face soon and then he either has to keep her hostage forever or kill her. I don't think, even after hitting her tonight, he has it in him to kill her.

It is always the case that the decent storylines like the ones you mention along with the Ballintyne/Cathal/Flynn one are always counterbalanced by filler inner rubbish like the ones you mention along with the Condors basketball one. They are written deliberately to be lightweight as well to prolong the impact of the decent stories.

It also seems to be the case that certain characters are relegated to these type of stories. Orla of course deserves them: have never once seen her in a decent story. But Damian, Caoimhe, Wayne, Dan, Carol, Robbie, etc. all are capable of better. Glad they put Carol and Robbie into something decent recently anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Debbie befriends random girl from brothel.

That eadgit would be the last person i'd want a cuppa with after not recognising her acquaintance wasn't KT despite the 1,000s of posters.

Did anyone find it funny the way Debbie and Eskimoo never picked up the broken mug? I find at home etc when there's glass on the floor someone cleans it up quickly.. Maybe that's just us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

what would he have been garda vetted for?

sorry, vetted is wrong word.n. Essentially I mean a thorough background check as part of the investigation

I don't think this storyline will go on until Christmas. Just from past Fair City years stories that are starting to boil in mid November tend to finish up in a few weeks. Billy Meehan was killed by Lorcan in November 2001 etc. The KT kidnap is resolving now. 2 weeks time will nearly see it out. Hostage scene whatever. 'The Plan' only really started in September with Dermot's terminal illness and later Hayley and Paul. That's going to be a biggie for Christmas i'd expect.

Also Caoimhe/Head and Shoulders is developing towards that timeframe. Then there'll be a story out of the blue in December. In the past these often involved the Doyles coming home for Christmas and family/boyfriend, girlfriend issues. Bela often had some sort of 'turn' and who was going to mind him, Yvonne, Louise, Suzanne.

Christmas stories tend to be very family orientated..on Christmas Day going from family dinner table to table and dealing with all the issues. Then you have a few people without family like Jake, sometimes Cass, Ama etc going to Charlie's, Bob's or the Community centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

That damo good god he puts years on me

Everytime I see him, I wonder did some one at some point tell him he had a slight resemblance to Chandler Bing/Mathew Perry he always seems to attempt to mimic the body language or something.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would love for Tommy to go off with Rose :P

I think Eoghan will attempt suicide, he has lost everyone and really has nothing :(

I'm growing to like Eoghan. He's a good man, a few oul gripes apart. He's also a good actor.

Tonight's episode was full of slightly prolonged loving stares at Debbie. Really well acted. He still has hope in his heart that Debbie will return.

Question:

How long will Tommy stay with Debbie? Is there any chance that it's different this time and he won't wander?

The evidence of the Jackie fling would suggest no.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

nagdefy wrote: »
    I'm growing to like Eoghan. He's a good man, a few oul gripes apart. He's also a good actor.

Tonight's episode was full of slightly prolonged loving stares at Debbie. Really well acted. He still has hope in his heart that Debbie will return.

Question:

How long will Tommy stay with Debbie? Is there any chance that it's different this time and he won't wander?

The evidence of the Jackie fling would suggest no.

He'll be gone as soon as soon as he gets the horn of gondor for some young wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

sorry, vetted is wrong word.n. Essentially I mean a thorough background check as part of the investigation

Still though a background check would be entering his details into PULSE. 90% of the country wouldn't have entries on PULSE

• Registered Users Posts: 56,209 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, Eskimo Boy. Jodie made a mistake. She thought it was Gemma who was missing, not KT. Could've happened to anyone. Of the 50000 flyers sent out sure it stands to reason that one or two could've been mistyped.

nagdefy wrote: »
    I don't think this storyline will go on until Christmas. Just from past Fair City years stories that are starting to boil in mid November tend to finish up in a few weeks. Billy Meehan was killed by Lorcan in November 2001 etc. The KT kidnap is resolving now. 2 weeks time will nearly see it out. Hostage scene whatever. 'The Plan' only really started in September with Dermot's terminal illness and later Hayley and Paul. That's going to be a biggie for Christmas i'd expect.

Also Caoimhe/Head and Shoulders is developing towards that timeframe. Then there'll be a story out of the blue in December. In the past these often involved the Doyles coming home for Christmas and family/boyfriend, girlfriend issues. Bela often had some sort of 'turn' and who was going to mind him, Yvonne, Louise, Suzanne.

Christmas stories tend to be very family orientated..on Christmas Day going from family dinner table to table and dealing with all the issues. Then you have a few people without family like Jake, sometimes Cass, Ama etc going to Charlie's, Bob's or the Community centre.

Clearly, 'The Plan' is going to be the big post Katy storyline. There will also be fallout from the Katy story that may or may not be dealt with immediately. First up there will be Emmett's backstory and later Katy having flashbacks to her ordeal.

Christmas could be a Paul/Niamh situation where both fight/make friends/etc. amid all the chaos. Rachel will ring more than likely wanting to talk to Paul.

The other major story to come will be Jake/Ama/Cathal. While Cathal was brought in as a red herring in the Katy story I don't think we have seen the last of him.

Perhaps we haven't seen the last of Stella either. It is clear at this stage she has nothing to do with Katy's kidnap but she could become part of Katy's next story.

• Advertisement

Still though a background check would be entering his details into PULSE. 90% of the country wouldn't have entries on PULSE

When I say background, I don't mean CSI stuff, I mean general profile of the guy, who he is, where he came from, what is his background.

In realistic terms, LH would have been one of the first people brought in for questioning. That is the point I am making. The guards would have also queried the Ripey's regarding his background. A guy that has disclosed no past, no family or friends, appears into town out of nowhere moves in with the brother of the girl that went missing a few days previous, takes an intensive interest in the investigation and sticks like glue to the Ripeys, goes missing for periods and skulks about in a dark shed that he lets noone in.
    If ever there was the perfect profile of the culprit that his him.

Gardai would have informed the Ripey's to report any suspicious people close to them as that is how a good percentage of these crimes are solved.

The fact is he is sh@gging the chief garda in charge of the investigation at the moment and she has shown no sense of realistic suspicion about him.

Another possible story that could develop from the Katy one is that Ciaran may flee after releasing Katy. Assuming Katy knows it is Ciaran, Emmett, Eoghan, Tommy and Debbie will try to find him and so too will his ex girlfriend the garda but he will have disappeared. Perhaps later on strange things start happening with Emmett with hints about the girl Emmett is with in Ciaran's picture coming later in the storyline. Perhaps Emmett's new girlfriend(s) will be Heather (and Lucy) and suppose she/they had another breakdown and we are expected to believe she/they are the culprit(s) until the picture Ciaran has turns up in Emmett's post and we see a grinning Ciaran watching Emmett from afar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

You are welcome. She
    identifies who he is in coming episodes which means he cannot release her. Maybe that episode you described wlll be later

Those Damian and Caoimhe scenes are awful. I have to agree. I think that these parents with babies storylines in soaps are ultra boring. Let's keep the Katy and Dermot/Niamh/Paul stories going and let's keep this thing at bay.

They messed up the Caoimhe character I think too. They softened her and made her a second Orla. I couldn't picture the old Caoimhe going with a 45 year old man like Damian or having children. She was also a more interesting character.

That's because the old Caoimhe is now emerging again, it took her to have a Baby to realise actually she likes going out partying and she really isn't compatable with Damien and their whole relationship just seems so forced. Right now they seem to hate the sight of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Guys check out the extra Fair city clip on the RTÉ player, re: Katy Story.
    she's outside of the basement and in a park with Ciaran

I just love LoveHate's backpack!! He is like a psycho on a school tour! Not quite up there with Tommy's though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

When I say background, I don't mean CSI stuff, I mean general profile of the guy, who he is, where he came from, what is his background.

In realistic terms, LH would have been one of the first people brought in for questioning. That is the point I am making. The guards would have also queried the Ripey's regarding his background. A guy that has disclosed no past, no family or friends, appears into town out of nowhere moves in with the brother of the girl that went missing a few days previous, takes an intensive interest in the investigation and sticks like glue to the Ripeys, goes missing for periods and skulks about in a dark shed that he lets noone in.
    If ever there was the perfect profile of the culprit that his him.

Gardai would have informed the Ripey's to report any suspicious people close to them as that is how a good percentage of these crimes are solved.

The fact is he is sh@gging the chief garda in charge of the investigation at the moment and she has shown no sense of realistic suspicion about him.

LoveHate was living with Emmett before KT went missing.

MelanieC wrote: »
    LoveHate was living with Emmett before KT went missing.

Oh I know that, my sentence structure was just wrong! He moved in with him about a week or so previous to it. I remember it all too well, right to the point that LoveHate was trying to convince Emmett to allow her stay at theirs the night she went missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Oh I know that, my sentence structure was just wrong! He moved in with him about a week or so previous to it. I remember it all too well, right to the point that LoveHate was trying to convince Emmett to allow her stay at theirs the night she went missing.

I wonder what direction LH would've taken if Emmett had just agreed to take her in?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »

Quite menacing
    Ciaran has her kneeling on the ground and has a knife in his hand. Looks like Katy thinks he is going to murder her :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 56,209 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The look of shock on Ciaran's face when he saw KT unscrewing the bulb was hilarious.

Twas the most OTT reaction to anything ever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Mary byrne cracks me up

But can she act, she'd be ideal for FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

fin12 wrote: »
    well at least she is getting some outdoor time

bazermc wrote: »
    well at least she is getting some outdoor time

Whilst this scene is happening ,Expect to see Dermishhh sitting on the bench in the park discussing The Plan with Niamh; Caoimhe, Morbeg Crowley, Mini cop and Lycra running two yards into the scene and panting as if they just ran a matathon, Dan with a few dumbbells in front of him teaching people how to stretch and two zombie extras walking in circles around the circumference of the park while
    Katy is held at knifepoint

Anyway, thank the lord!!

225?cb=20131030011709

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

A dramatic episode coming this evening by all accounts. I started to read the spoilers in one of the papers but they were so giving so much away that I had to stop reading.......it looks a very good episode anyway.

Seriously though, where the fk does The Ram live?? Even now, he is only staying the odd night in Stripey's house (who is also living with her mother in law who hates her- apart from the odd scene where she forgets she hates both her and The Ram-).
    I know the Ram would never be left short of a pillow considering he is the biggest lothario in Ireland but where in God's name does he actually lay down his backpack for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Seriously though, where the fk does The Ram live?? Even now, he is only staying the odd night in Stripey's house (who is also living with her mother in law who hates her- apart from the odd scene where she forgets she hates both her and The Ram-).
    I know the Ram would never be left short of a pillow considering he is the biggest lothario in Ireland but where in God's name does he actually lay down his backpack for the night?
    I think he lives in Dermish' launderette - at least he might as well as nobody ever seems to use it and Dermish seems to have forgotten he owns it (note: Dermish may no longer own it - I stopped watching the sh1te for a couple of months but doubt anything happened)
    The craic of Biddys mother still living with Mrs Stripey while Mr Stripey moved out and now rides away with the man she had an affair with in the next room to her mother-in-law is priceless FC script writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Probably still in the hotel attic.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ooh, I'm intrigued as to what happens tonight, anyone any spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Maybe this was already said as I haven't caught up on the full thread here - but Rose (well Geraldine Plunkett) was on the 7 O'Clock Show Monday evening and she said they had just received the Christmas Day scripts.........she said that there's a lot to happen between now and then.....but the way she said it, it looks like KT & the Stripeys will feature....so it could still drag on til then...it's only 4 weeks away....so not that long when it comes to FC dragging storylines out!!

• Advertisement

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Maybe this was already said as I haven't caught up on the full thread here - but Rose (well Geraldine Plunkett) was on the 7 O'Clock Show Monday evening and she said they had just received the Christmas Day scripts.........she said that there's a lot to happen between now and then.....but the way she said it, it looks like KT & the Stripeys will feature....so it could still drag on til then...it's only 4 weeks away....so not that long when it comes to FC dragging storylines out!!

Jaysus, don't know what timezone you live in but my Christmas day is over 5 weeks away!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement