Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Are they all alcoholics in Carrigstown?

Yes the place is teeming with alcoholics and lesbians. It's a fecking mad place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yes the place is teeming with alcoholics and lesbians. It's a fecking mad place.
    Even the pool table has no balls any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

This "soap" is really bad
    Apart from all the gafs that you guys have mentioned, what the f##k was that music in Spar with Ram and Stripy, is it a rave shop ????

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Wheres the table football gone? Dem boys could act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

When The Ram got the text I thought he had Stripey's phone. Who signs off their name on text messages these days?

I thought the message was "I need to see you Debbie".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    When The Ram got the text I thought he had Stripey's phone. Who signs off their name on text messages these days?

It's possible she might sign off with her own name if she had never texted him before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Does Derms have nothing better to do than stick his nose into his neighbour's business. What does he even wear a suit for?! He spends all his time skulking around after the Ram! The over-acting with the shifty eyes was hilarious though!

Carrigstown seems to have a disproportionate number of attractive lesbians too. Can't move for the lesbians in the place.

As TB posted pages ago, this "affair" is following all the typical soap opera affairs by the book. Just so we (the poor saps who watch this) might feel a bit more sorry for Gripey, we had to have that "let me buy you a pint" scene between him and the Ram just before the Ram took off and wore the face off his missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's possible she might sign off with her own name if she had never texted him before.

It happens a lot in soaps. Purely for the viewer. Even people who are related sigh off to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

you would if you have just started to text someone new, sure when would she have been texted him before the affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Does Derms have nothing better to do than stick his nose into his neighbour's business.

It seems Zoe has disappeared into thin air so derms now has a lot of free time on his hands.

Naturally when your wife shockingly cheats on you only a week ago and you can't see your child you start spying on your neighbors in Spar.

• Advertisement

You just know how it pans out now. Gripey stalks the Ram to try and be bezzie mates, all the while the Ram is knocking stripes off his wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Nice surprise for all ye RAMnDAN fans later on..............and also a discovery of what happened to a certain roundabout hitchiker.........

All will be revealed soon..........

Nice surprise for all ye RAMnDAN fans later on..............and also a discovery of what happened to a certain roundabout hitchiker.........

What's your source for this teasing information talking bread? I can't just sit & wait to find out! Unlike the walking dead ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Does Derms ......The over-acting with the shifty eyes was hilarious though!

That was a great bit of eye acting. It beats Damien's blinking skills by miles.

It was sooooooo intense and steely....

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo

Its The Ram more wooly than ever before

Dan showing more personality and liveliness in 2 and a half minutes than he has shown in 3 years

And The return of Callum

Introducing......................The CarRockstowns

The Laura storyline is bizarre, even by FC standards.....

Nina returns... The three Ds (Damien, Dean and Dan) go on Lesbian watch and then Laura starts sleeping around.

I've never seen a scene like the one where Laura's all "well we didn't get much sleep if ye know what I mean" before on FC. Or maybe I just blocked it out.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo

Its The Ram more wooly than ever before

Dan showing more personality and liveliness in 2 and a half minutes than he has shown in 3 years

And The return of Callum

Introducing......................The CarRockstowns

I am so confused right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I haven't watched fair city in years.

Since when is Laura a fitness freak lesbian girl. Last time I remember she was nerdy with glasses

Oh and looked completely different????

bazermc wrote: »
    I haven't watched fair city in years.

Since when is Laura a fitness freak lesbian girl. Last time I remember she was nerdy with glasses

Oh and looked completely different????

I think she's also a physiotherapist

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I think she's also a physiotherapist

no shes a Personal trainer/fitness instructer.

The physio was Robert who had aspergers. Great character to be fair

• Advertisement

Ah yes - he was great.

Who did he hook up with?

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Ah yes - he was great.

Who did he hook up with?

He was good friends with Sasha and went out with Cleo (another great character, for FC standards). Think everyone thought he was assexual. Then another love triangle emerged I think with him, Sasha and Cleo (or else he was with Sasha, broke up and then went out with Cleo) and he eventually left with the latter. (that was when Sasha wasa good character, not someone just hanging on the coattails of her cousins giving sarcastic remarks or involved in that terrible lesbian triangle)

terrible lesbian triangle)

This is kind of what I am on about. Not to derail the thread, but why the need to be labeling in such a deliberate fashion. What's wrong with love triangle? You (and some others) seem fixated on sexual orientation where women are concerned. Dan has had love triangles to beat the band, but we never said they were heterosexual love triangles, did we? It's just an observation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Can anyone tell me why Sash went to prison?

Can anyone tell me why Sash went to prison?

For taking the rap for Nina concerning a road traffic accident I think. It's just a pity that she didn't get life, inflicting upon us poor viewers that manky chav accent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

walshb wrote: »
    This is kind of what I am on about. Not to derail the thread, but why the need to be labeling in such a deliberate fashion. What's wrong with love triangle? You (and some others) seem fixated on sexual orientation where women are concerned. Dan has had love triangles to beat the band, but we never said they were heterosexual love triangles, did we? It's just an observation.

Because it's ridiculous the way they constantly go out with each other, just because they are gay they automatically have to go out with each other in soap land. It's annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Jasus Dan is not a bad auld singer. They should be playing at The Station. Have the women throwing their knickers at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

I'd say fair city holds the soap record for the amount of lesbians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'd say fair city holds the soap record for the amount of lesbians

Corrie have had a fair few (mainly as a prop for the ridiculous Sophie Webster)....I think she's had four girlfriends now.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »

Excuse me???? I have said given out about the fact that there was countless love triabgles. Iregardless of sexual orientation. Indeed that was the only love triangle with them in it. I simply said that plot was the most ridiculous one i have ever seens. Up there with dan/carol/robbie circa the time he was hospitalised.

Stop being so faux outraged or else report mh post if you consider it homopho ic which you have essentially insinuated. (In my opinion) from now on ill write all the names participating in said triangle, regardless of tgeir orientation. Id prefer in future if you didnt highlight such a serious thing on the thread . PM me if you like and ill state my case or report me. I was just highlighting which love triangle plot it was in short form. Everyone knew automatically whom i was referring to. And it was an awful repetitive plot. Thats why i pointed it out. Just like i did with that other "hetrosexual" plot with Robbie /Dan/Caddle.

I dont want a row with you on a forum. I just want to put this insinuation to bed. And im sorry that this reply sounds very strong/over the top but if there is one thing i dont like its being abelled any form of homophobic, which perhaps you didnt mean.

I like your posts Walshb but i have to stick up for myself here.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement