Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Jaysus, don't know what timezone you live in but my Christmas day is over 5 weeks away!

Remember your old mantra To Infinity and Beyond? You don't really think the KT story will conclude on a wet boring November night when there is the Xmas special and a captive audience to pander to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Maybe this was already said as I haven't caught up on the full thread here - but Rose (well Geraldine Plunkett) was on the 7 O'Clock Show Monday evening and she said they had just received the Christmas Day scripts.........she said that there's a lot to happen between now and then.....but the way she said it, it looks like KT & the Stripeys will feature....so it could still drag on til then...it's only 4 weeks away....so not that long when it comes to FC dragging storylines out!!
    You're giving RTE WAY too much credit there on the whole Christmas Day thing.
    Going by past performance (which in the case of FC is a reliable indicator of future performance). I think last years BIG CHRISTMAS EPISODE featured someone having to have 2 dinners and Don Brennan hosting drinks in his front, em, yard.
    This year, the KT story will feature on a random Tuesday or Wednesday, probably one when there's a good champions league match on, and then be forgotten about by Sunday with the only reference to the whole thing being her asking Stripey "Where's me mug?"
    It will go something like this:
    KT: "Where's me bloody mug? Is there nuffin in this bleedin kip"
    Mary from Glenroe: "Don't be so cheeky"
    Stripey: "It was broke while you were in the shed"
    KT: "Jaysus that's mad. Anybody going to the Station?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Jaysus, don't know what timezone you live in but my Christmas day is over 5 weeks away!

Remember your old mantra To Infinity and Beyond? You don't really think the KT story will conclude on a wet boring November night when there is the Xmas special and a captive audience to pander to!
    Wanna bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seriously though, where the fk does The Ram live?? Even now, he is only staying the odd night in Stripey's house (who is also living with her mother in law who hates her- apart from the odd scene where she forgets she hates both her and The Ram-).
    I know the Ram would never be left short of a pillow considering he is the biggest lothario in Ireland but where in God's name does he actually lay down his backpack for the night?

Is he living with Damo and Caoimhe?

Who is living in Dr. Judy's flat while she is still missing abroad :confused: doctors without borders was 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Damo is evolving into Onslow from Keeping Up Appearances, I'm expecting to see him in a white vest one of the days.

• Advertisement

Just thought of another thing from last nights episode. Where the hell would Emmet get the money to go travelling? The chap hasn't worked in months and come to think of it, how does he pay half his rent with Ciaran given how steep rents in Dublin have risen of late?? Just no logic to a lot of the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ooh, I'm intrigued as to what happens tonight, anyone any spoilers?

Here's the first part of the episode anyway :
    Ciaran arrives at the workshop and finds Katy still lying in the foetal position and the shopping bag of clothes untouched. He demands she changes and tells her he is going to leave her at some wasteland and she can call the guards. Katy however doesn’t believe Ciaran but he gives her an ultimatum; she either takes her chances or he will leave her to starve to death in the room.

I decided to stop reading though as the spoilers for the episode were too detailed.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Here's the first part of the episode anyway :
    Ciaran arrives at the workshop and finds Katy still lying in the foetal position and the shopping bag of clothes untouched. He demands she changes and tells her he is going to leave her at some wasteland and she can call the guards. Katy however doesn’t believe Ciaran but he gives her an ultimatum; she either takes her chances or he will leave her to starve to death in the room.

I decided to stop reading though as the spoilers for the episode were too detailed.

Thanks for sharing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Thanks for sharing that!

No problem! From a bit extra that I was reading, it seems things get even a bit more dramatic after that :eek:

Strazdas wrote: »
    No problem! From a bit extra that I was reading, it seems things get even a bit more dramatic after that :eek:

Well according to RTE Katy is still under hostage next week by Ciaran so I don't know how that works after tonights episode...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Well I wud love for this story to carry on longer than christmas. I know people are sick of it but I want a slow burner maybe carry on till next christmas even. You will all think i am crazy for suggesting it but think about the Eastenders one with who killed Lucy Beale that went on for over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Just thought of another thing from last nights episode. Where the hell would Emmet get the money to go travelling? The chap hasn't worked in months and come to think of it, how does he pay half his rent with Ciaran given how steep rents in Dublin have risen of late?? Just no logic to a lot of the characters.

He's a professional gambler, remember that enthralling Dermo 200 quid story? But also does he not work in Robbie's (remember him) bookies? Which we've only ever seen the back room of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Eoghan must not have much to say..that piece of paper was blank!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

he says he is going to let her go . . .

, . .and she asks why

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Hope they just end this Katie nonsense, it's getting unbearable at this stage. It's even worse than when Tommy was living in the attic spying on Judith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

"There will be no drinking, this is a dry house"

*pours cherry*

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Emmet was passing by and heard the fire alarm! C'mon! I hope LH kidnaps Rose

would she not recognise the voice by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I'm enjoying this evening.. Gripping with the gripeys! KT acting really well..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Poor Katy, she lost her free accomodation which came with a man servant.
    Now homeless :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

The acting of Ciaran is just stupid. The type of guy who would do something like this is going to look surly and calculated, all the time wanting to be in control, like Patrick Bateman. The exact opposite of how this actor is portraying it.

Katy must have the lung capacity of a fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Poor Katie. Not again.

I thought Katy was dead there before, but alas no...

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

damn you Katy we all could have been free of this storyline but nooo you couldn't do what you were told

LOl what in the fresh hell is that piano music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Anybody else shout Jesus at the TV when Katy was free and caught again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Poppy for remembrance day!!!

This music and camera action...

why can't fair city be like this every night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Where's Leo and the guitar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement