Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I guess this Katy story goes on till Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Jeez, I'm exhausted after watching that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rose16

Ara fcuk it... Will someone please put the lot of em in KTs ensuite an leave the camera out and turn off the sound.. Cause the stupidity of the lot of em is crazy .. Bring back ramcam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

What an insane episode, how did they squeeze so much madness into one episode yet can give us 2 weeks of Don/My son/Niamh other weeks. So much drama! They must have some transition year students in on work experience.

I think we can forward to a huge dose of Stokholm syndrome I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

And it even finished at 20:25, much earlier than usual :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Katy gets through to Emmet on her captors phone, and Ciaran arrives about thirty seconds later. And she thinks he's there to rescue her. A few sandwiches short of a picnic is young Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Im going to make this post from a completely unbiased point of view and put to one side any criticism of the storyline I and others have made but that was an absolutely BRILLIANT episode, gripping, extremely well acted and I was scarcely breathing at times. That was drama, pure and simple. The greatest episode of FC I have ever seen.

Katy is going to need about 30 years of counselling to get over this. Ciaran didn't have to be so cruel to her, I mean, if his intention was to let her go in some waste land why didn't he just keep telling her that instead of marching her on her knees and tying her up, that was just dark. And she was so close to rescue if it weren't for her stupid family getting in the way again! And Cathal will burn in hell for that trick he pulled, that was the lowest of the low. Ciaran has no choice now but to kill her or else hand himself in and given how close her came tonight, it could go either way.

FC take note- THAT is the episode, in terms of drama and suspense and writing and acting, that you are more than capable of. I'm always saying that FC has the ingredients to be a fantastic drama and tonight was the absolute pinnacle of what happens when everything slots into place. 10 out of 10.

P.S just so you don't think I have gone nuts, yes I also laughed at how stupid it was to have Katy think that Ciaran just happened to be walking alone in dense woods wearing the exact same clothes as her captor wore and was a friendly face in the darkness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Would he not just kill her off and put us all out of our misery. The most stupid drawn out unbelievable incredible story line rte have ever come up with. So many holes to pick in the whole story it beggars belief.

Should come to a head Christmas eve or Christmas day..nothing like a bit of misery on rte on Christmas day..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

think I would be dialling 999 first

Did KT actually get through to Emmet's voicemail ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Oh the drama
    I really thought we were all escaping tonight boo hiss

jos28 wrote: »
    Did KT actually get through to Emmet's voicemail ?

No. Emmet was in the middle of ringing Ciaran when Debbie stormed in and started arguing with Rose. He put down the phone, Katy answered but her voice was lost amongst all the shouting and roaring. Tragic....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Well I really enjoyed that.
    I thought it was perfectly believable that KT wouldn't immediately assume that LH was her captor.
    Loved the drama around Rose in this episode too, very well played.
    My main criticism is that KT didn't at any point say 'just let me go and I'll never tell anyone it was you'. That would have been the most natural and realistic reaction IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Great acting from KT I have to say.

Ciaran has a Subaru all of a sudden? Where did that come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Great episode. Thankfully no Damian/Caoimhe distractions either! The most important thing here is Katy getting through to Emmett's phone. While Emmett did not get to hear it, there is a record of this happening and it could have went to voicemail! Maybe the voicemail picked up some of the rest too? Now it could all come to a head in the next week or even tomorrow. Ciaran could do a runner and Emmett then discovers the voicemail and it all then makes sense and he rescues Katy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

To state the obvious Ciaran's options have narrowed considerably...

What are his options.

1. Kill and dispose of KT.

2. Come clean, claim insanity and get a reduced sentence. Also extenuating circumstances and he never harmed KT.

3. Take his own life.

4. Take his and KT's life.

5. Reappraise and try and reconcile with KT and try and concoct some story that he founded her abandoned tied to a tree in the park :rolleyes:

6. Keep her locked up for another 6 mts and see what he comes up with.

7. P.s I forgot to put in Ciaran do a runner. Either leaving KT to her own demise, but more likely leaving messages with the Gripeys or authorities as to KT's whereabouts. That leaves it open for him to reappear around Christmas with more Gripey storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Well I thought it was ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Great episode. Thankfully no Damian/Caoimhe distractions either! The most important thing here is Katy getting through to Emmett's phone. While Emmett did not get to hear it, there is a record of this happening and it could have went to voicemail! Maybe the voicemail picked up some of the rest too? Now it could all come to a head in the next week or even tomorrow. Ciaran could do a runner and Emmett then discovers the voicemail and it all then makes sense and he rescues Katy.

No in the scene before hand Emmett was ringing Ciaran so Katy just got connected to a call but the rest of the mwere too busy screaming at each other to hear her

BuilderPlumber, Katy actually answered the phone, not rang from it. Emmet was ringing Ciaran and as it was ringing Katy went to answer it but before she could answer Emmet put the phone down on the counter s Debbie stormed in and a big loud row ensued so by the time Katy answered her shout were drowned out and then of course Ciaran snapped it off her and hung up so now there is no record of a voicemail anywhere and KT is back to square one!

An excellent episode I agree, I'm still trying to breathe ha ha!

No. Emmet was in the middle of ringing Ciaran when Debbie stormed in and started arguing with Rose. He put down the phone, Katy answered but her voice was lost amongst all the shouting and roaring. Tragic....

Ah jaysis, what are the chances of that !!
    In all fairness I thought it was a brilliant episode. Great performances all round. I actually liked the piano music/pensive shots bit at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Anyone notice When KT answered the phone when the Eskimo was calling LH, think the display said Ciaran calling??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

And to think I was going to skip FC tonight! Was sure it was going to be another episode of Caoimhe and Damo bickering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

That piano score was very Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Is it just me or does Eoghan look stoned all the time?

bd2012 wrote: »
    Anyone notice When KT answered the phone when the Eskimo was calling LH, think the display said Ciaran calling??

It definitely did, that's why I thought she got through to his voicemail.

Best episode in a couple of years. It came out of the blue a little as we are after having a few poor months. I found it better with more strands than the time Spillane and the father had everyone abducted in McCoys.

But there have been better episodes going back through the years. Notably with Lucy, Paddy Bishop, Suzanne and Damo, and most especially Billy Meehan in 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

nagdefy wrote: »
    To state the obvious Ciaran's options have narrowed considerably...

What are his options.

1. Kill and dispose of KT.

2. Come clean, claim insanity and get a reduced sentence. Also extenuating circumstances and he never harmed KT.

3. Take his own life.

4. Take his and KT's life.

5. Reappraise and try and reconcile with KT and try and concoct some story that he founded her abandoned tied to a tree in the park :rolleyes:

6. Keep her locked up for another 6 mts and see what he comes up with.

7. P.s I forgot to put in Ciaran do a runner. Either leaving KT to her own demise, but more likely leaving messages with the Gripeys or authorities as to KT's whereabouts. That leaves it open for him to reappear around Christmas with more Gripey storylines.

Don't think he has it in him to do option 1 or even 4. Can't see him do option 2 for the moment anyway although it could be what he might do in the end long after Katy is free and everyone knows. He could do options 3 and 6 and has chosen 6 for now it would seem. He could do 5 and pretend he 'rescued her' from another kidnapper (let's blame Cathal!) and is holding her to protect her and says he will leave her go after he convinces her that he was her protector and the threat is gone. But most likely option 7 is the one he will go with I feel.

bazermc wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Eoghan look stoned all the time?

A bit stunned alright! I suppose he's still in love :)

Rose made a right bol*ix of him tonight.

Don't think he has it in him to do option 1 or even 4. Can't see him do option 2 for the moment anyway although it could be what he might do in the end long after Katy is free and everyone knows. He could do options 3 and 6 and has chosen 6 for now it would seem. He could do 5 and pretend he 'rescued her' from another kidnapper (let's blame Cathal!) and is holding her to protect her and says he will leave her go after he convinces her that he was her protector and the threat is gone. But most likely option 7 is the one he will go with I feel.

Agreed. I can't see him harming KT. He doesn't have it in him and seems to identify her with his 'lost' sister.

• Advertisement

Hats off to RTE and the Fair City cast.

I'd be the first to poke fun when things are poor but that was excellent fare for a Wednesday evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement