Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I enjoyed it but "good performaces all round, suspence" I don't think so, incredibly rushed. Screaming from start to finish. LH screaming at KT, Rose screaming at burned soup, Debbie screaming "I'll kill you" to random girl at front door, Emmet & Gripey screaming at Tommy (of course straight off the believing some story from Rose) Ending in LH screaming at KT. It was good acting just over acting. I think because we've endured such a long drawn bore of a story any bit if action seems brilliant. Like a kid who isnt allowed sweets so they think a bit of old turkish delight is a real treat! I hope they maintain this momentum, we could be up for a few days craic but I fear well be vack to PLAN on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

So Cathal asked some random girl to go someone's house that she doesn't even know and knock on the door while holding a reef. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

jos28 wrote: »
    bd2012 wrote: »
    Anyone notice When KT answered the phone when the Eskimo was calling LH, think the display said Ciaran calling??

It definitely did, that's why I thought she got through to his voicemail.

Emmets phone said calling Ciaran
    Ciarans phone said incoming Emmet

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

That the 'spycam' is called The Talking Brick' is definitely an homage to our very own Talking Bread'. Take a bow Bread!

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Emmets phone said calling Ciaran Ciarans phone said incoming Emmet

Are you sure? When KT was holding the phone looking at the screen I thought it said Ciaran calling no?

Also what was that pieve of paper Emmet was holding?

My Sky plus isn't working so I couldn't pause

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Brilliant episode tonight, Ciaran doesn't have much of a choice now he either has to kill her or go to prison or go on the run, either way Katy is in the most danger now since she knows it's him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I thought it was good but hilarious at the same time. It was really exciting watching KT trying to escape in the park but I'd say Ciaran must be really regretting kidnapping her now. He's been stabbed and kicked in the groin by KT. Then he's had to keep her fed and looked after for months and he's had to heft her around on his shoulder a few times. Tonight he nearly had a nervous breakdown trying to get rid of her and now he's stuck with her again. Can't wait for the next episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What didn't I miss....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

When they did the music for the final scenes, they should have used guitar music and then cut to outside and there is Leo playing the guitar - for comedy effect. Might as well cause the whole thing is laughable anyway.

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    That the 'spycam' is called The Talking Brick' is definitely an homage to our very own Talking Bread'. Take a bow Bread!

Honest to god. I wouldn't be surprised! I reckon they hate me on that show I remember slagging/querying Kane from H and Away who is the chief writer about the whole Gripey up for murder aspect last year and he couldn't string a coherent reply together! It was all we have done our research, there's twists to come, it'll all make sense in the end.
    Maybe they consider me as thick as a brick!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,195 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, will Rose and Stripey just decide whether they love or hate each other.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 46 Rhaegal

Someone please kill Biddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Rhaegal wrote: »
    Someone please kill Biddy

Was that not Biddy's mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Are you sure? When KT was holding the phone looking at the screen I thought it said Ciaran calling no?

Also what was that pieve of paper Emmet was holding?

My Sky plus isn't working so I couldn't pause

No,Emmett rang Ciaran but then put the phone down on the counter when they all kicked off - zoom in to show its calling Ciaran. Phone in Katy's hand rings,she sees "Emmett calling" come up on screen & answers it but he can't hear her.

Emmett tore up his flight ticket at the end so looks like he won't be going off travelling after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

The music added a nice effect

I like Emmett. If he can ditch the sudden fits of anger and get a plot that isn't about f'in sticking up flyers, not suspecting the most obvious dodgy wierdo going or getting passive aggressive with whichever of the Ripeys who is standing in front of him at the time, he could be a good character.
    I anticipate, though, his next plot will be either a silly scam with Mongo like selling old video tapes they found in a skip or a love triangle. Sure there isn't much scope for any other plots in FC these days.

Only characters I like to watch (as actors) at the moment are Gripey, The Ram, Emmett, Oisin, Charlotte and KT was a good actress but her plots have been atrocious or just badly handled. Bob is great but has been given nothing for years! Its mental how they have treated his character.

I do enjoy a lot of the rest but merely for the purposes of content for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Im going to make this post from a completely unbiased point of view and put to one side any criticism of the storyline I and others have made but that was an absolutely BRILLIANT episode, gripping, extremely well acted and I was scarcely breathing at times. That was drama, pure and simple. The greatest episode of FC I have ever seen.

Katy is going to need about 30 years of counselling to get over this. Ciaran didn't have to be so cruel to her, I mean, if his intention was to let her go in some waste land why didn't he just keep telling her that instead of marching her on her knees and tying her up, that was just dark. And she was so close to rescue if it weren't for her stupid family getting in the way again! And Cathal will burn in hell for that trick he pulled, that was the lowest of the low. Ciaran has no choice now but to kill her or else hand himself in and given how close her came tonight, it could go either way.

FC take note- THAT is the episode, in terms of drama and suspense and writing and acting, that you are more than capable of. I'm always saying that FC has the ingredients to be a fantastic drama and tonight was the absolute pinnacle of what happens when everything slots into place. 10 out of 10.

P.S just so you don't think I have gone nuts, yes I also laughed at how stupid it was to have Katy think that Ciaran just happened to be walking alone in dense woods wearing the exact same clothes as her captor wore and was a friendly face in the darkness...

I'm with you on this one, I thought that was a fantastic episode. Amelia is doing a superb job at depicting a terrorised Katy, I've always said she is a great young actress and she's showing it here.

I actually think the Katy not realising Ciaran is the kidnapper was very realistic. She was in a blind state of panic having just gotten out of the cell, confused, disorientated. Seeing a familiar face would mean her brain wouldn't be able to process the thought of he being her captor.....her first thought would be that he was there to help her.

Ciaran doesn't come out of this very well. He can dress this up whatever way he likes to himself but the fact is all he is doing is terrorising a young girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

I have to say tonight was a fantastic episode. It even had me crying when KT started praying to Michael. What A great lil actress. Really believe able. Hats off to Glenrose too. (Who thought of that name. Absolute gem!!)
    As to what happens next, he'll do a runner and hope for the best. He might venture as far as Mallow and befriending Clawr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

OK, the phone definitely had Ciaran's name on screen and you can see leaves round it. I just watched it back. Plus when Katy found the phone she tried to make a call but couldn't. Even if locked, she could have called 999.

Then Tommy asks Debbie if she wants to stay at his. Where is his? He's hardly offering a share of the sleeping bag in the attic in the hotel?

How can they say they've never loved anyone like each other? Surely both loved father or mother of their children.

I'm absolutely exhausted not only watching episodes, but also picking up errors, and replying to this thread, plus analysing same on the phone with my mam.

Fook all this praise😉 I want to know what was so impacting about the "knock" on the door that had the Gripey/Stripey household all leap from their chairs with looks of horror on their faces all trying to answer it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »
    Fook all this praise😉 I want to know what was so impacting about the "knock" on the door that had the Gripey/Stripey household all leap from their chairs with looks of horror on their faces all trying to answer it?

So true.it could of been Ciaran , Tommy or Jodi!

Glenrose is brilliant at doing that bitter twisted mouth thing ! She looked like she was chewing a lemon last night.....good lines too for her .

How on earth (or why) would u have your lover sleep over with your mammy -in-law in the bedroom next door ?? Jesus....I'd sooner be celibate !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

How did Eoghan know there was coke in the fridge when Emmet asked. Might as well be back living there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Foggy Jew wrote: »

Got there before you pal on that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

How did Ciaran manage to pull a car out of his ass just conveniently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

liam7831 wrote: »

Ciaran had that car months ago, he was souping it up in the garage and chicken neck was admiring it, then Garda patrol came in inquiring about it.

For avid viewers, some of you guys miss out on some details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ciaran had that car months ago, he was souping it up in the garage and chicken neck was admiring it, then Garda patrol came in inquiring about it.

For avid viewers, some of you guys miss out on some details

That was a different car, have you any evidence to substantiate this claim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I just heard KT and LH (well the actors) are on the Anton Savage Show in Today FM this morning. I must listen back later this evening

So true.it could of been Ciaran , Tommy or Jodi!

Or Bella, Paulio, Ruuthie, Amanda, Cass, Bunion Kelly, Leo, Decco, Charlit, Dermish, Niamh, Oisin, Kerrie-Anne, Damo, Caoimhe, Baby Saoirse, Ram, Jane, Binjimin, Granny Zoe, Wheelio Dan, Caddle, Greasy, Wayne, Orla, Jack, Junior, Pete, Doll, Deegan, Mondo, Hayley, Laura, Sash.........the "late" postman, "late" milkman etc etc etc.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

liam7831 wrote: »

Wouldn't a mechanic have acess to cars all the time. He works in Paul's garage so wouldnt be too difficult to get his hands on a car I'd imagine.

I don't understand why that girl would turn up at the door just because cathal told her to. Hair in buns and all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement