Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Can some one tell me what happened with Tommy and Amanda. I hadn't a clue what they were on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Can some one tell me what happened with Tommy and Amanda. I hadn't a clue what they were on about.

Probably something about flyers for a business idea. Generally causes hell and war in Carrigstown (Ps, I didn't see last night). Maybe Amanda was trying to get The Rams autograph

Glenrose is brilliant at doing that bitter twisted mouth thing ! She looked like she was chewing a lemon last night.....good lines too for her .

How on earth (or why) would u have your lover sleep over with your mammy -in-law in the bedroom next door ?? Jesus....I'd sooner be celibate !!

Jesus she would want to be brilliant at it by now. We are closing in on a year with her and that is literally all she does!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

rustyf81 wrote: »
    I have to say tonight was a fantastic episode. It even had me crying when KT started praying to Michael. What A great lil actress. Really believe able. Hats off to Glenrose too. (Who thought of that name. Absolute gem!!)
    As to what happens next, he'll do a runner and hope for the best. He might venture as far as Mallow and befriending Clawr.

Yes, I thought Katy praying to Michael was a very powerful scene. She had no way of knowing whether her captor is a complete psycho who has planned to kill her all along and when the time came to move her from the cell, she had every right to fear the worst.

I'm just thinking that if Ciaran is so hell bent on revenge for his lost sister, it's almost a wonder he didn't kidnap Emmett instead and hold him hostage and terrorise him. I suppose though he'd emerge as a suspect very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

This song would have been fitting to end Fair City last night. Emotional with really appropriate lyrics..

Katie-Mary Black.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vpvKLOT9U

It wouldn't be the first time. In April 2003 Marty Halpin murdered his wife Tess who was pretty and dark haired. Next morning he turned on the radio and Raglan Road was playing.. 'that her dark hair might weave a snare that i might one day rue'. Was a class ending to the episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,197 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't understand why that girl would turn up at the door just because cathal told her to. Hair in buns and all.

Maybe he paid her. Maybe she needed the money and thought, no bother.

I've a vague memory of Amanda making up something about Tommy (accusing him of coming on to her or something). It was at a time when Tommy was still an outcast and not trusted by the residents.....it was complete lies of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya I think love/hate should have just abducted Emmet all along.

fin12 wrote: »

It's actually cowardly in the extreme to target Katy instead. He's just a bully at heart.

fin12 wrote: »

Bit pointless, that. I think the idea was to witness Emmett suffering in a similar manner to him when his own sister went missing or whatever happened to her.

Plus it is a lot easier to restrain a girl than a lad! And who would trim Emmets beard!

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's actually cowardly in the extreme to target Katy instead. He's just a bully at heart.

I don't think there is ever a situation when a kidnapper is neither cowardly or a bully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

At this stage, Ciaran is surely regretting he even started this and now has no way out it would seem. He does not want to keep holding Katy or he does not want to get caught. His only way out is to let Katy go, tell her 'Cathal made him do it' and disappear. Katy will let her family know, and Emmett, Eoghan, Debbie and Tommy will all search for both Ciaran and Cathal. Ciaran may then reappear and 'redeem himself' and convince people he was forced to do this and the blame and anger will then turn to Cathal. Of course, Ciaran will try and set up Cathal and perhaps even attempt to kill him obo the O'Briens. He will become their hero almost. Then something will point to the fact that Cathal had nothing to do with it at all and of course all the blame and anger will return to Ciaran again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Good drama in last nights episode but a little examination and the cracks are there - the mix up over phone screens and the poor acting by the wreath deliverer being highlights.

So what of the overall plot ? Well once again an opportunity missed imho. Much better to let Katy be released by Ciaran having had no idea who took her. Then we could have had great fun watching the noose tightening as little clues emerge pointing to Ciaran. Mad Emmet keeps saying its him but no one will listen etc etc. Allanah finds a balaclava in his sockdrawer etc.

Alas it won't happen now :(

From now on when I see anyone with an ipad/tablet, I will be wondering who they have locked away in an en suite in the back of a shed.
    I see the world in a different light now.

At this stage, Ciaran is surely regretting he even started this and now has no way out it would seem. He does not want to keep holding Katy or he does not want to get caught. His only way out is to let Katy go, tell her 'Cathal made him do it' and disappear. Katy will let her family know, and Emmett, Eoghan, Debbie and Tommy will all search for both Ciaran and Cathal. Ciaran may then reappear and 'redeem himself' and convince people he was forced to do this and the blame and anger will then turn to Cathal. Of course, Ciaran will try and set up Cathal and perhaps even attempt to kill him obo the O'Briens. He will become their hero almost. Then something will point to the fact that Cathal had nothing to do with it at all and of course all the blame and anger will return to Ciaran again.

I'm sure I read though that.....
    ....Ciaran reveals the story about his sister to Katy very soon, so that's going to knock that one on the head. His only option now is to release her and then go on the run. I'm not entirely convinced that Katy now knowing his identity changes the dynamic of the story all that much. If Katy had escaped last night, the chances of Ciaran being identified as the captor would have risen rapidly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I'm sure I read though that.....
    ....Ciaran reveals the story about his sister to Katy very soon, so that's going to knock that one on the head. His only option now is to release her and then go on the run. I'm not entirely convinced that Katy now knowing his identity changes the dynamic of the story all that much. If Katy had escaped last night, the chances of Ciaran being identified as the captor would have risen rapidly

That makes sense. I think that at this stage Ciaran may not even care about what happens to himself. He is not at all happy with holding Katy and is motivated by the love of his sister (I assume that's who this girl in the picture is) and also has affections for Katy who reminds him of his sister. There is decency in Ciaran despite the fact he is doing an awful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I've a vague memory of Amanda making up something about Tommy (accusing him of coming on to her or something). It was at a time when Tommy was still an outcast and not trusted by the residents.....it was complete lies of course.

No i think the accusation was that Tommy was trying it on with Amanda maybe i can't remember it's a pity they don't have a complete archive of this season's episodes not that you want to go back and watch them all but some of the key storyline's in Fair City's history over the years might be of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Didn't Katie not scream at love hate when she copped he was her kidnapper "your supposed to be our friend!"

Didnt the family only get to know him after Katie was taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Didn't Katie not scream at love hate when she copped he was her kidnapper "your supposed to be our friend!"

Didnt the family only get to know him after Katie was taken?

nah he was in it a short while before she went missing, KT wanted to move in with himself and Emmet if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    nah he was in it a short while before she went missing, KT wanted to move in with himself and Emmet if i remember correctly.

Ha, in a way she kind of did in the end

• Advertisement

No i think the accusation was that Tommy was trying it on with Amanda maybe i can't remember it's a pity they don't have a complete archive of this season's episodes not that you want to go back and watch them all but some of the key storyline's in Fair City's history over the years might be of interest.

Yes, that's what I was saying, she claimed Tommy had made a move on her or something. It must have been after he had been released from the psychiatric hospital and at a time when nobody trusted him. She was just stirring things of course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Yes, that's what I was saying, she claimed Tommy had made a move on her or something. It must have been after he had been released from the psychiatric hospital and at a time when nobody trusted him. She was just stirring things of course though.

I thought it was all in Dermot's head when he was going through his "wreck Tommy's life" phase. He even tried to get physical with Tommy and was made a show of, I got a laugh out of Rose saying that Dermot had to give him a hiding. Dermot had a grudge against Amanda around that time that went nowhere, he broke a plant pot on the street and blamed her.

hardCopy wrote: »
    I thought it was all in Dermot's head when he was going through his "wreck Tommy's life" phase. He even tried to get physical with Tommy and was made a show of, I got a laugh out of Rose saying that Dermot had to give him a hiding. Dermot had a grudge against Amanda around that time that went nowhere, he broke a plant pot on the street and blamed her.

Oh yes, Dermot was seething with bitterness and rage over Jo's affair with Tommy, wasn't he? That rings a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Bit pointless, that. I think the idea was to witness Emmett suffering in a similar manner to him when his own sister went missing or whatever happened to her.

Plus it is a lot easier to restrain a girl than a lad! And who would trim Emmets beard!

Ya he's suffering but he's also making an innocent person like Katy suffer so he could have avoided it along by going straight for da main target aka Emmett. I don't know what's happened to presumably it's Ciarans sister but he's after screwing up his own life now aswell.

Haha I'd gladly visit the basement to give Emmetts beard a trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Last nights episode - a cluster****.

Could LH not have bound and gagged her before dumping her in the boot??

WTF was that supposed isolated location like? I could see cars parked in the RTE carpark in the background! The grass was mowed FFS!

No effort. Cheap. Tacky. Overrated by its makers. An insult to struggling writers and Directors. Utter claptrap.

And now we have round two.

Gripey tries to kiss stripey. What a load of cliched rubbish. Signs. Signals. What feckin signs and signals. Our Eoghan behaved like a stupid 17 year old trying to win back an ex girlfriend circa 1985!

I despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Hopefully tonight's episode gets back to the storylines we care most about. Damo and Caoimhe. Will they have a few sneaky pints in the beer garden? How about Nuss Ama, what's she up to today? And Don Paul, he's been missing for a few episodes. Where the hell is Wheelie Dan?

Lets get back to the real stories FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

OK logged in and ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

LOL they must have heard my prayers. There's Don Paul and Niamh and now there's Wayne!

There all back tonight!

• Advertisement

I'll burst ya!

Brings me back to the 80s and secondary school :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement