Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Why would Dermot get Lovehate's liver????

Cos Dermo needs a liver transplant and in the nature of all good soaps LH will conveniently die with a nice healthy liver and a signed donor card in his back pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Love Hate is only doing this because Cathal is holding HIS sister hostage but Cathal is only doing that because Stella is holding a dying Flynn hostage, and Flynn is trying not to die because Dermot is just waiting to grab his liver so that he can get healthy enough to betray Niamh at the last minute, team up with Oisin and they can buy the Speakeasy together which is the real Plan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Love hate said something tonight that made me think the whole thing might be a double bluff and it is all orchestrated by cathal afterall. He said something about being made do it / have to do it. So maybe its that cathal is blackmailing him to hurt the gripeys. Perhaps the pic is an ex of emmets alright but also a sister of lovehates who cathals saying hes gonna kill or something. All very tenuous I know but it would allow for Katie to forgive him and let him off the hook.

This is possible and interesting. It is possibly that Cathal met Ciaran and inspired him to punish Emmett in some way and helped him kidnap Katy. This would be ironically a similar story to how Nidge got Noeley to attack Fran in Love/Hate. Ciaran likes Katy and does not want to do it and now thinks its a mad idea. The other possibility is he could blame Cathal to get himself off the hook even if Cathal is not involved. I assume he meant Emmett when it was said tonight but Cathal flashed into my mind as well. Ciaran does not want Katy to look on him in a bad way and was very upset that she called him a monster.

The girl in the picture is key. He is Emmett's ex I'd say but could be a sister of Ciaran and Cathal could have her under threat too is possible. Or even Ciaran, Cathal and that girl could all be the one family. Maybe there is one last twist here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

But kt doesn't know that, he could use Cathel as excuses.

that's different though! Nah, I'd say its as simple as it is laid out now. And there will be a eureka moment by Emmett I would say after LH slips up rather than him simply releasing her. FC stories like this always end up in some dramatic scene or siege and I would lay my bottom dollar that is how it will end, Emmett breaking in and saving her

jos28 wrote: »
    Cos Dermo needs a liver transplant and in the nature of all good soaps LH will conveniently die with a nice healthy liver and a signed donor card in his back pocket.

Ha, I don't think any soap would be that stupid to completely disregard how organ donation system goes!!!

Hopefully, and I am beginning to get more convinced that Dermissshhhh will actually die. He hasn't even mentioned the possibility of going on a donor list anyway, saying it was too late.

• Advertisement

Although, maybe someone can give me a brief description of waiting lists in Ireland for liver donations??

This is possible and interesting. It is possibly that Cathal met Ciaran and inspired him to punish Emmett in some way and helped him kidnap Katy. This would be ironically a similar story to how Nidge got Noeley to attack Fran in Love/Hate. Ciaran likes Katy and does not want to do it and now thinks its a mad idea. The other possibility is he could blame Cathal to get himself off the hook even if Cathal is not involved. I assume he meant Emmett when it was said tonight but Cathal flashed into my mind as well. Ciaran does not want Katy to look on him in a bad way and was very upset that she called him a monster.

The girl in the picture is key. He is Emmett's ex I'd say but could be a sister of Ciaran and Cathal could have her under threat too is possible. Or even Ciaran, Cathal and that girl could all be the one family. Maybe there is one last twist here?

You have Some crazy imagination!!!! You trust the writers far too much!

I haven't a clue what the plan, programme, investment , speakeasy thingy with Niamh,Paul and Oisin is. What the fcuk are they talking about ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

walshb wrote: »
    Those backpacks are such giveaways.

They are in soaps, everyone who suddenly starts carrying around a bag pack is up to something, Phelan is going around with one now in Corrie but I think in real life they are not that strange, their handy for carrying your lunch or even putting some grocery shopping in there and carrying ur laptop or tablet, u would see a lot of people with them on buses and trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,181 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I haven't a clue what the plan, programme, investment , speakeasy thingy with Niamh,Paul and Oisin is. What the fcuk are they talking about ?????

FFS, get with it, sweetmaggie. It's the plan. The PLAN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

I predict a death in FC

I predict a death in FC

Can we have more than one?

I160919_185932_2024755oTextTRMRMMGLPICT000100093823o.jpg

Oh Christ, notJenniferAniston is back

And the famous green coat is back ........yay!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »
    They are in soaps, everyone who suddenly starts carrying around a bag pack is up to something, Phelan is going around with one now in Corrie but I think in real life they are not that strange, their handy for carrying your lunch or even putting some grocery shopping in there and carrying ur laptop or tablet, u would see a lot of people with them on buses and trains.

Fin, when you go to the audition as an Extra on FC bring a backpack, you're bound to get a part.. :)

Inseparable..........

gallery_soaps-fair-city-240615-2.jpg

62f8cb28fa4c4212d697ef11a85e8bb1.jpg

Derms drops dead in the office and a few hours later he's in the pub.. :rolleyes:.... Why was he there anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Fin, when you go to the audition as an Extra on FC bring a backpack, you're bound to get a part.. :)

Well Il need to bring a pretty big backpack with me to carry the 3 change of outfits.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Case in point about Orla was proven again tonight: she reappears but has no purpose at all. For this we can be thankful as if she was given a purpose, she would give us a very poor story. She is a pointless character who either gets poor storylines or else just is seen in scenes of others' stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

you would think Eskimo boy would be a bit curious and have a root in that back pack when love hate is not looking, especially when he was so tetchy about it a few episodes ago.
    that, along with love hate getting on his case about him being the reason Katie is missing should cause a big penny to drop any time soon. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Is it me or are Pete And Hughie brothers from the same mudder ?

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Well Il need to bring a pretty big backpack with me to carry the 3 change of outfits.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Forget about the outfits, just turn up in a wheelchair, you bound to get onto Dans team.. :)

you would think Eskimo boy would be a bit curious and have a root in that back pack when love hate is not looking, especially when he was so tetchy about it a few episodes ago.
    that, along with love hate getting on his case about him being the reason Katie is missing should cause a big penny to drop any time soon. . .

Emmett is bound to question why Ciaran is so aggressive towards him and Ciaran is bound to end up saying something that links to the girl in the picture. Then the final pieces of this puzzle will fall into place.

Ciaran will want to release Katy and then after this, he will have to come up with a plan of action. Will he kill himself? Flee? Come clean? Blame Cathal or someone else? It is question of what he cares about most at this stage. He has a very poor opinion of Emmett and sees him as selfish. Was Emmett up to something and let this girl take the blame and she wound up in prison?

And when Katy is free, what will she make up it all? When she knows the full story. Will she side with Emmett or will see understand and sympathise with Ciaran? And what about Emmett? He will feel responsible and he will question his nomadic, booze fueled irresponsible lifestyle where people get indirectly hurt because of him.

I do feel Ciaran will tell Katy the full story because he does not want Katy to think he is a bad person. Katy could then be freed and vow to help Ciaran in whatever way to solve the issue about that girl. Katy could see he cares and be less angry with what he has done. Ciaran could hand himself into the authorities then and Emmett could have a go at attacking him first.

I love all the in-depth analysis by some of the posters on here, I genuinely mean that, really.! it's like listening to Dr Phil and I don't mean that as an insult . ... :)

Ciaran was on the radio this morning and he was saying the public were coming up with all types of scenarios of why he kidnapped KT to him.. He was being teased that he possibly had a sex change and Emmett too and they used to go out with each other.. The girl in the photo is Emmettina

Or maybe simply Emma!

Nicola was on the 7 o'clock show tonight, she's going to be in FC over Christmas, she wasn't giving anything away, just saying it going to be AMAZING, lots of drama and ****. Pffft, they all say that, don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wasn't he in a grad pic with this girl though

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ciaran, why are you sitting there, all alone on the cold pavement, sobbing your poor little heart out?

''It's not fair, its just not fair. KT called me a nasty name!'' *sob sob*

But why would she do that, Ciaran?

''I don't know. Sure all I did was kidnap her and keep her locked up in semi-darkness in a soundproof a cellar for five months, without letting her know where she is or whether it's day or night, summer or winter. It was only a bit of fun. But that's no reason for her to call me abusive names.''

But do you think that's maybe what annoyed her a just a teensie-weensie little bit, Ciaran?

''But, but ,you don't understand, she called me names and made me cry. And me after buying her King crisps and everything! It's so unfair. She's such a big old meanie. I'm going to tell on her'' *sob sob*

Dermish looks healthier now than he ever did. Apparently, a strong dose of a fatal disease suits him .Along with keeping his accountancy business going strong, he can also manage to study for an auctioneering and mortgage brokering license, become proficient in the many vagaries of the Irish pub licensing laws, do a quick course in archictecture, drink coffee, work out THE PLAN for a massive fraudelent takeover (?), rub his chest a few times, and still manage to sit and watch Superhero DVDs with Binjimin and SulkyPuss......The man is a walking saint...

Niamh : ''Hughie, Dermot is dying. Isn't that just bloody great, that's all I needed now. As if I haven't enough on my plate, what with Paul shagging Hayley in front of every uncurtained window in Dublin, and me working my arse off to get THE PLAN off the ground. And in the middle of all this, Dermish decides this is a good time to kick the bucket. For feck's sake, he's an inconsiderate bollix. Hughie, will you help me to swindle my husband and his son out of every penny they've got as part of THE PLAN?''

Hughie : ''Ahh, sure of course I will, Niamh. There's feck-all else to do around here anyway''........

I wonder if Rose is paying rent, maybe that's why Debbie tolerates her, there's no way Debbie could afford to pay rent on a 3/4 / bedroom 'bungalow'? on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Emmett is bound to question why Ciaran is so aggressive towards him and Ciaran is bound to end up saying something that links to the girl in the picture. Then the final pieces of this puzzle will fall into place.

Ciaran will want to release Katy and then after this, he will have to come up with a plan of action. Will he kill himself? Flee? Come clean? Blame Cathal or someone else? It is question of what he cares about most at this stage. He has a very poor opinion of Emmett and sees him as selfish. Was Emmett up to something and let this girl take the blame and she wound up in prison?

And when Katy is free, what will she make up it all? When she knows the full story. Will she side with Emmett or will see understand and sympathise with Ciaran? And what about Emmett? He will feel responsible and he will question his nomadic, booze fueled irresponsible lifestyle where people get indirectly hurt because of him.

I do feel Ciaran will tell Katy the full story because he does not want Katy to think he is a bad person. Katy could then be freed and vow to help Ciaran in whatever way to solve the issue about that girl. Katy could see he cares and be less angry with what he has done. Ciaran could hand himself into the authorities then and Emmett could have a go at attacking him first.

I imagine Katy will have been traumatised by her experience. If she sticks around for a long time after being freed, the only correct depiction would be to show her as being very depressed and having horrible mood swings. It will take her some considerable time to start coming back to herself.

Ciaran will be looking at a long stretch inside if he survives or doesn't run away, that's if the likes of Emmett or Eoghan don't try and kill him first.

The big question is how Katy gets released. For dramatic effect, the show might go down the route of someone slowly deducing that Emmett has abducted her and freeing her themselves.

• Advertisement

I'm bored . Again .

Months and months of "where's KT?"

Finally we see her .

Now weeks and weeks of watching her meals get delivered ,shouting "can yeee hear me" at the wall , a daily wrestling match with her captor , captor storming off, packing rucksacks in his garage , packing rucksacks in his house, leaving with bag on back, returning with bag on back , KT on the point of escaping 3 times, only to return to bunk bed wailing . Again .

Really is it just me or us this going on far too bloody long ? Do I have the attention span of a flea ? I'm bored of this , I don't care what happens anymore , I want a new story line !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement