Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I'm bored . Again .

Months and months of "where's KT?"

Finally we see her .

Now weeks and weeks of watching her meals get delivered ,shouting "can yeee hear me" at the wall , a daily wrestling match with her captor , captor storming off, packing rucksacks in his garage , packing rucksacks in his house, leaving with bag on back, returning with bag on back , KT on the point of escaping 3 times, only to return to bunk bed wailing . Again .

Really is it just me or us this going on far too bloody long ? Do I have the attention span of a flea ? I'm bored of this , I don't care what happens anymore , I want a new story line !

no 100% agree with you. Its beyond believable, badly written and most of the acting is poor.,

The plinky plonky piano music the other night was robbed straight from the Eastenders playbook as well.

Oh to have control of the remote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I'm bored . Again .

Months and months of "where's KT?"

Finally we see her .

Now weeks and weeks of watching her meals get delivered ,shouting "can yeee hear me" at the wall , a daily wrestling match with her captor , captor storming off, packing rucksacks in his garage , packing rucksacks in his house, leaving with bag on back, returning with bag on back , KT on the point of escaping 3 times, only to return to bunk bed wailing . Again .

Really is it just me or us this going on far too bloody long ? Do I have the attention span of a flea ? I'm bored of this , I don't care what happens anymore , I want a new story line !

Be very careful what you wish for!! Orla is back!!

Be very careful what you wish for!! Orla is back!!

with her green coat :eek::eek:

........and while I'm on my rant I am even bored of the analysis of KT here on Boards - sorry lads! - and who, what, why, when, if, and all the possible scenarios, permutations, combinations and ponderings of what might happen next - can we not just stop? -I am nearly at the stage I cant come on Boards anymore cos I'm worn out reading huge essays on this whole subject :(.

sorry I love ye all, you're all brilliant theorists... but I'm getting weary.... (like Glenrose :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 56,181 ✭✭✭✭walshb

with her green coat :eek::eek:

........and while I'm on my rant I am even bored of the analysis of KT here on Boards - sorry lads! - and who, what, why, when, if, and all the possible scenarios, permutations, combinations and ponderings of what might happen next - can we not just stop? -I am nearly at the stage I cant come on Boards anymore cos I'm worn out reading huge essays on this whole subject :(.

sorry I love ye all, you're all brilliant theorists... but I'm getting weary.... (like Glenrose :p)

I agree. I don't bother at all dissecting the KT story. To me it's every bit as daft as Bunion Kelly's bunions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Plus one. I've almost stopped posting here because we are doing the KT story to death.

The reality it the writers don't give a stuff about giving the stories even the slightest bit of credibility. Stuff happens and facts are presented as facts that are just plain wrong. I dread to think of someone new to Ireland watching it and thinking a guy could be charged with manslaughter over Michaels death or a guy like Cathal could carry on as he does !

Sit back and enjoy the panto !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Nicola was on the 7 o'clock show tonight, she's going to be in FC over Christmas, she wasn't giving anything away, just saying it going to be AMAZING, lots of drama and ****. Pffft, they all say that, don't they?

If nicola comes back i am definitely going to stop watching, cant stand her whiney miserable face

If nicola comes back i am definitely going to stop watching, cant stand her whiney miserable face

Her character is that ridiculous that she makes Hayley look believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Next steps for FC

Kill KT
    Kill Emmet
    Wayne takes over as the richest man in town from Paul B
    Oisin emigrates to America and becomes president.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

There are all different types of FC posters on here and there is room for everyone. I enjoy predicting or wondering about storylines because I find them interesting. Even though I am sickened they went down the cliché route of yes its me alone Ciaran, I still think the resulting dynamics between Ciaran and KT not to mention her family falling apart are fascinating to watch and that's a measure of how well its acted. Even though I'm pretty sure no more twists are coming, I'm still enjoying how its playing out.

Katy is a great actress, very convincing, and of course Glenrose, Debbie etc are playing the parts very well. Even The Plan is funny because Oisin has some great one liners and is another talented young actor. I just hope hes not losing his touch, Paul seems to be more dismissive of him lately in favour of Niamh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

PauloConn wrote: »
    Next steps for FC

Kill KT
    Kill Emmet
    Wayne takes over as the richest man in town from Paul B
    Oisin emigrates to America and becomes president.

Wishlist or joke prediction?

Nah, I like KT. I will try to erase my memory of her character's unrealistic approach to the debacle she was in for the last 6 months. She deserves a fresh start.
    But as soon as they put her in an inevitable love triangle (mark my words on this happening if the actress stays on) with Lycra and Sasha or Just 5 Minutes Cliche Journalist Nina, I advocate her killing off.

Definitely don't kill off Emmett as he is a decent enough actor and has a bit of potential as a character.

And I will physically prevent Oisin leaving Montrose headquarters. One of the only genuinely well written, personality wise, characters in the soap.

• Advertisement

And I will physically prevent Oisin leaving Montrose headquarters. One of the only genuinely well written, personality wise, characters in the soap.

This. 100%. Oisin is an incredibly talented actor and the way he plays his Dad and Niamh off each other is a joy to watch. Hes such a conniving and sly character you just want to punch the head off him but hes the kind of guy who would have you in stitches before you go through with it. His one liners are just legendary and I hope he stays in the show and causes untold havoc for a very long time yet.

Watching scenes between Niamh and Oisin always makes me laugh as its literally a battle of wills every single exchange. :P

In fairness Oisin works well with all characters, even making scenes with Niamh good. I hope they branch him away from all these ridiculous entrepreneur plots. Bursary, Pod, Speakeasy, whatever he had going on with Douglas , just clich buzzword business endeavours.
    Give him a love triangle or bunions or have him lock Ruth up for 6 months. Something original like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Give him a love triangle with bunions

This is what I read. Now THAT would be a storyline!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There are all different types of FC posters on here and there is room for everyone. I enjoy predicting or wondering about storylines because I find them interesting. Even though I am sickened they went down the cliché route of yes its me alone Ciaran, I still think the resulting dynamics between Ciaran and KT not to mention her family falling apart are fascinating to watch and that's a measure of how well its acted. Even though I'm pretty sure no more twists are coming, I'm still enjoying how its playing out.

Katy is a great actress, very convincing, and of course Glenrose, Debbie etc are playing the parts very well. Even The Plan is funny because Oisin has some great one liners and is another talented young actor. I just hope hes not losing his touch, Paul seems to be more dismissive of him lately in favour of Niamh.

Amilia (Katy) is a fantastic actress and is giving a powerful and moving portrayal of a girl being terrorised and almost at her wit's end. The rest of the O'Briens are excellent too and even Ciaran himself.

I'm definitely enjoying the storyline even though it's a bit uncomfortable to watch at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I agree that LH is a decent actor but his blubbering at the end of last night's episode had me in stitches, I was just feeling sorry for him and his predicament and then he stuck his bottom lip out and started sniffling and that was it, just comical!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Strazdas wrote: »
    Amilia (Katy) is a fantastic actress and is giving a powerful and moving portrayal of a girl being terrorised and almost at her wit's end. The rest of the O'Briens are excellent too and even Ciaran himself.

I'm definitely enjoying the storyline even though it's a bit uncomfortable to watch at times.

Agree about Katy, she was a breath of fresh air when she arrived, and i missed her when she "dissapeered"...i'd guess Ciaran is going to make a run for it, and because every soap character who ever rode a motorbike in any soap gets killed off it..and his kidneys go on to act in Dermish's body........:P

Myself and Builderplumber DID pretty much narrow down the motive in the end, even if it took several very long posts! I agree that its quite tough to watch sometimes, especially the other night when I thought Ciaran was quite cruel to prolong knocking her out like that without even telling her he wasn't going to kill her. She was terrified and probably didn't believe her but all he had to say was he was definitely going to let her go and was sorry. Instead he menacingly sat behind her and made her think that her life was about to end.

Now they are in a very tricky situation as Ciaran, as warped as he is, doesn't really WANT to kill her but how can he trust her not to report him...interesting times ahead. I will say again though KT should just shut up and listen sometimes- all this trying to attack him, shouting at him etc, why would you want the only man who decides if you live or die to get angry with you???

The rest of the O'Briens are excellent too and even Ciaran himself.

I cannot agree. Sripey is a terrible actress. LoveHate is bang average. There is nothing natural with them.

Gripey is very good. Emmet can be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has anybody else noticed that a few of the soaps have people observing people with a camera on a mobile device.
    Theirs Katie in Fair City.
    Maria's being watched in Coronation Street by Caz(I think).
    Then in Emmerdale Chrissie was being watched by Rebeccia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Has anybody else noticed that a few of the soaps have people observing people with a camera on a mobile device.
    Theirs Katie in Fair City.
    Maria's being watched in Coronation Street by Caz(I think).
    Then in Emmerdale Chrissie was being watched by Rebeccia.

What? People watch other soaps besides FC?

• Advertisement

Myself and Builderplumber DID pretty much narrow down the motive in the end, even if it took several very long posts! I agree that its quite tough to watch sometimes, especially the other night when I thought Ciaran was quite cruel to prolong knocking her out like that without even telling her he wasn't going to kill her. She was terrified and probably didn't believe her but all he had to say was he was definitely going to let her go and was sorry. Instead he menacingly sat behind her and made her think that her life was about to end.

Now they are in a very tricky situation as Ciaran, as warped as he is, doesn't really WANT to kill her but how can he trust her not to report him...interesting times ahead. I will say again though KT should just shut up and listen sometimes- all this trying to attack him, shouting at him etc, why would you want the only man who decides if you live or die to get angry with you???

I think it's all a front with Katy. She's trying to appear all strong and feisty but she's secretly absolutely terrified of him and more fragile than she looks. Her fear of him has her all over the place and she's not really sure which side of herself to present to him.

You'd have to assume Ciaran is a passive aggressive control freak. He's channeling his rage towards Emmett in the most dangerous and unhealthy fashion by taking it out on a completely innocent and hapless bystander when it is Emmett himself he should have squared up to from day one.

You could argue that he burned his bridges with having a normal life the day he kidnapped her. I'm intrigued to see where this goes. Ciaran doesn't seem to have it in him to kill Katy and I feel he was bluffing when he said he would leave her there to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think it's all a front with Katy. She's trying to appear all strong and feisty but she's secretly absolutely terrified of him and more fragile than she looks. Her fear of him has her all over the place and she's not really sure which side of herself to present to him.

You'd have to assume Ciaran is a passive aggressive control freak. He's channeling his rage towards Emmett in the most dangerous and unhealthy fashion by taking it out on a completely innocent and hapless bystander when it is Emmett himself he should have squared up to from day one.

You could argue that he burned his bridges with having a normal life the day he kidnapped her. I'm intrigued to see where this goes. Ciaran doesn't seem to have it in him to kill Katy and I feel he was bluffing when he said he would leave her there to die.

Brilliant post, uve hit the nail on the head as regards Ciaran. :)

fin12 wrote: »
    Brilliant post, uve hit the nail on the head as regards Ciaran. :)

Yes, it's so obvious that a "normal" person would have a massive showdown with Emmett or even beat him senseless over his supposed wrongdoing with the other girl. But Ciaran is a damaged or unhealthy individual and seems incapable of going the obvious route of coping with his anger and rage. Even this week, all he could muster was a few angry words in Emmett's direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Debbie is the only let down for the O' Briens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Why in the heck does the Speakeasy need a licence. A speakeasy by its very definition is an unlicensed premises.

What a bunch of wallies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

bazermc wrote: »
    Why in the heck does the Speakeasy need a licence. A speakeasy by its very definition is an unlicensed premises.

What a bunch of wallies.

They are not attempting to open an illegal business. The speakeasy while originally an illegal public house is nowadays sometimes replicated in appearance and atmosphere just to offer something different while being a perfectly legit business, hence the need for the licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I think we should organise a night out and we'll all go to the Speakeasy when it opens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

jos28 wrote: »
    I think we should organise a night out and we'll all go to the Speakeasy when it opens

Sounds like a PLAN!!

jos28 wrote: »

A new place for Cathal to go on his daily walk around all the establishments

• Advertisement

Ciaran tells Katy his motive this week. He had a sister who had bad depression, she decided to take a holiday to Thailand to clear her head amd started emailing about falling in love with "a wonderful guy", then the emails stopped so he went to Thailand to search for her and found our the guy who was seeing her then dumped her was Emmet so therefore he kidnapped Katy in order for Emmet to feel the same pain that he had to.

Hmmmmmm......again, a few clicks on Facebook and a composite of the surnames of all the OBriens plus their immediate and distant circle would have prevented all this from happening. Deegan is one seriously incompetent Guard and Alannah is not much better.

Don't see how Katy can get out of this now..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement