Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ciaran tells Katy his motive this week. He had a sister who had bad depression, she decided to take a holiday to Thailand to clear her head amd started emailing about falling in love with "a wonderful guy", then the emails stopped so he went to Thailand to search for her and found our the guy who was seeing her then dumped her was Emmet so therefore he kidnapped Katy in order for Emmet to feel the same pain that he had to.

Hmmmmmm......again, a few clicks on Facebook and a composite of the surnames of all the OBriens plus their immediate and distant circle would have prevented all this from happening. Deegan is one seriously incompetent Guard and Alannah is not much better.

Don't see how Katy can get out of this now..

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

dee_mc wrote: »
    How?

A simple chart of every single O Brien member and their friends would have thrown up Emmets ex girlfriend who they would have asked him about, then linked the surname to his mysterious and friendly new house guest. Basic Detective work 101. Even if he didn't post any pics of her, they should have STRAIGHT AWAY zoned in on the newcomer to the O Brien circle and questioned him, and a secret monitoring of his actions would have uncovered the cell in days.

Taking away all that, his dumb girlfriend didn't once ask him anything about his past or his family or his hobbies, she really is clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ciaran tells Katy his motive this week. He had a sister who had bad depression, she decided to take a holiday to Thailand to clear her head amd started emailing about falling in love with "a wonderful guy", then the emails stopped so he went to Thailand to search for her and found our the guy who was seeing her then dumped her was Emmet so therefore he kidnapped Katy in order for Emmet to feel the same pain that he had to.

Hmmmmmm......again, a few clicks on Facebook and a composite of the surnames of all the OBriens plus their immediate and distant circle would have prevented all this from happening. Deegan is one seriously incompetent Guard and Alannah is not much better.

Don't see how Katy can get out of this now..

That begs the question....
    ....is the sister alive or dead? Hearing she had bad depression might also suggest the situation was nowhere near as clearcut as Ciaran imagines. He might simply be looking for a scapegoat for her problems and setbacks. Having said that, Emmett is clearly a waster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

The creepiest/wierdest thing in FC is that Wayne calls Tommy's son Junior.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Cormdogg wrote: »
    The creepiest/wierdest thing in FC is that Wayne calls Tommy's son Junior.

That's because he can't bear to call him Tommy junior. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

It's Baltic out. I hope LH at least gave KT one of those plug in heaters. Especially given she wrecked his shawl thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

Junior fairly shot up how old is he now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

clairek6 wrote: »
    Junior fairly shot up how old is he now?

6 months?

Two gripping new stories...Wayne v Pete part V. And Glenrose v Amanda part I.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Rachel rang from Barcelona using a 087 number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Offshore you say. Dermish the ace accountant on his way to lidl to get one of them blow up dinghys.

Sorry, my buddies. But yet again I need to ask. WTF is the plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

What is Niamh doing skyping her husband's son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

How many Businessy buzzwords can you get into a chat with Niamh and Dermishhh

Ah, so Callum is returning. Him and Oisin should make for some good scene chemistry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Dermot should be occasionally bedridden with hospital stays one would imagine at this stage.

I know some posters like Pete but i find he takes offence easily and has a chip on his shoulder.

Aah! Poor ending. Dragging things out of the very worst.

Jaysus Katy must be gone completely insane by now. All she can do now is bang her head into the mirror or wall until shes pumping blood and he has to either let her go or leave her die. Either way, shes free!

I'm not liking how The Plan is leaving Oisin weak. Now that Niamh has the upper hand, shes winning every exchange of words and Oisins grip on Paul is weakening. He needs to overhear a chat between Niamh and Dermot so he cops on to The Plan and then ruin it all in the way only he can, with a sly smile on his face. This Niamh winning is no fun at all...

Zoe: You brought me over to Niamh's to ask me to finish a game on my phone?

Hold on Wanderer. I think calling Oisin an incredibly talented actor is a stretch, decent maybe. He's a one trick pony. Doing the same thing over and over again doesnt make someone a great actor. Dont forget his "please dont hurt ne Decco scenes". Hes hardly the next Jack Reynor. I dont think you could call anyone on Fair City incredibly talented or they wouldnt be on Fair City. But the exemption is the actors we've seen perform well in other things. LH is clearly great, great tonight. He was great in Love Hate. Bob a former world renowned actor is just in retirement mode. But if we've only seen them in FC more often than not they are at best mediocre. Could you imagine Decco or Kerrianne in anything else? I've seen Wayne and Caddle on stage and it wasnt pretty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

When I seen Derms call to Neimh with Zoe in tow I thought we'd get to see her sitting on the stairs earwigging in on the conversation.

Before anyone gives out to me I don't blame the actors. They are given rediculous scripts and put in rediculous scenarios. The writers and directors are to blame. You'd think they'd question the actions of the characters. Best friends one day, enemys the next. Half the dialogue seems like the actors are only hearing it for the first time themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Has Love hate only got two photos of his sister? One with Emmet and one without emmet.

Clearly, the only thing that Fahy brat is going to inherit when Dermishhhh goes to that great accountancy office in the sky is:

romeo-beckham-and-burberry-boys-mini-britton-trench-coat-gallery.jpg

and maybe a briefcase.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Hold on Wanderer. I think calling Oisin an incredibly talented actor is a stretch, decent maybe. He's a one trick pony. Doing the same thing over and over again doesnt make someone a great actor. Dont forget his "please dont hurt ne Decco scenes". Hes hardly the next Jack Reynor. I dont think you could call anyone on Fair City incredibly talented or they wouldnt be on Fair City. But the exemption is the actors we've seen perform well in other things. LH is clearly great, great tonight. He was great in Love Hate. Bob a former world renowned actor is just in retirement mode. But if we've only seen them in FC more often than not they are at best mediocre. Could you imagine Decco or Kerrianne in anything else? I've seen Wayne and Caddle on stage and it wasnt pretty!

Oh I agree that most FC actors are crap and the really talented ones like Bob, Rose, Heather, Renee, even Love Hate and Katy to an extent, are wasted on the show. Mind you, with Ireland being so small, I'm sure the decent actors are only in it for a paycheque and not to bounce off similarly talented actors!

I think we just have a difference of opinion with Oisin. Yes, if you break him down or threaten him with violence hes a weak little pussy but he has had to work on the conniving side of his personality in order to survive and I really think he plays his character well, he bounces off Charlotte easily, his one liners with Niamh are genius and hes the guy you love to hate. But recently hes losing his grip on Paul and that's not fun to watch,i hope he destroys The Plan and leaves it in ashes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Anyone notice Niamh has no wedding ring on?

Fk this, I actually think THE PLAN is more interesting than this KT sh1te at this stage,

Talk about milking a story.

Paul's birthday is in the new year..

Didn't Dermot get his diagnosis in August and had a few months. Niamh and Dermish better get their ass in gear or he'll keel over infront of Paul and Oisin once too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

nagdefy wrote: »
    Dermot should be occasionally bedridden with hospital stays one would imagine at this stage.

This Dermot story is odd. For a man who is on death's door he looks and acts healthy.

• Advertisement

This Dermot story is odd. For a man who is on death's door he looks and acts healthy.

It is not odd! It is a classic Fair City plot! It is a load of sh1te! But that is why it fits in nicely!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement