Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Dermot dying is a lot like brexit. It won't actually happen!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

This Dermot story is odd. For a man who is on death's door he looks and acts healthy.

Yeah its weird alright, something isn't adding up even given the usually poor quality of continuity in FC. He is not really showing any signs of upcoming death, just the odd fainting spell every few weeks, surely he should be getting worse now. Unless they are planning to coincide The Plan going haywire with Dermots Death, that always makes a soap more dramatic.

For example, maybe Oisin gets wind of what they are trying to do then feeds it back to Paul who doesn't believe it so he has to snoop himself and there could be a big dramatic showdown where Dermot has made some stipulation in his will to leave all the money to his OWN kids. Niamh might be being played all along, I mean how much loyalty to a neighbour can a dying man have? He is probably saying all the right words to make Niamh THINK she will also benefit whilst secretly planning to take Paul for all he has..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The Katy story is fascinating but teasingly drawn out all at the same time! At this stage it would seem we know all the twists and turns. First was the reveal of who it was, then that Katy found out it was Ciaran and now Katy knowing why.

Ciaran is struggling to know what to do. He is now revealed is not being a bad person but a person in serious bereavement. He now has to struggle with his conscience and the balance between making Emmett feel bad versus his guilt at locking up an innocent girl he has grown to like and who reminds him of his sister. He also knows his sister would not like what he is doing. I predict he will release Katy and what he does then is unpredictable: he could go to attack Emmett, kill himself or do a runner.

Yeah its weird alright, something isn't adding up even given the usually poor quality of continuity in FC. He is not really showing any signs of upcoming death, just the odd fainting spell every few weeks, surely he should be getting worse now. Unless they are planning to coincide The Plan going haywire with Dermots Death, that always makes a soap more dramatic.

For example, maybe Oisin gets wind of what they are trying to do then feeds it back to Paul who doesn't believe it so he has to snoop himself and there could be a big dramatic showdown where Dermot has made some stipulation in his will to leave all the money to his OWN kids. Niamh might be being played all along, I mean how much loyalty to a neighbour can a dying man have? He is probably saying all the right words to make Niamh THINK she will also benefit whilst secretly planning to take Paul for all he has..

I predict that Callum will come back into it. Callum and Oisin will hate each other at the start until Oisin discovers what Niamh is up to with Dermot. He will then try and convince Paul to no avail. Callum will discover something too and will team up with Oisin and both will try and save Paul. Meanwhile Dermot will get a miracle of some kind and we are set up for another dramatic court case. Pauil, Callum and Oisin will be one side and Dermot on the other. Which side will Niamh choose in the end will be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I often wonder, are these theories predictions BuilderPlumber on how you think the writers will write the story or just you using your wishful imagination!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

I reckon LHs sister will rock up to Carrigstown in the next while. She'll have stalked Emmet out on Facebook and seen where he lives. I can see it now -she's in the Pig having a burger when in walks LH and Emmet! LH will get all emotional and start apologising about kidnapping KT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Hold on Wanderer. I think calling Oisin an incredibly talented actor is a stretch, decent maybe. He's a one trick pony. Doing the same thing over and over again doesnt make someone a great actor. Dont forget his "please dont hurt ne Decco scenes". Hes hardly the next Jack Reynor. I dont think you could call anyone on Fair City incredibly talented or they wouldnt be on Fair City. But the exemption is the actors we've seen perform well in other things. LH is clearly great, great tonight. He was great in Love Hate. Bob a former world renowned actor is just in retirement mode. But if we've only seen them in FC more often than not they are at best mediocre. Could you imagine Decco or Kerrianne in anything else? I've seen Wayne and Caddle on stage and it wasnt pretty!

Oh I agree that most FC actors are crap and the really talented ones like Bob, Rose, Heather, Renee, even Love Hate and Katy to an extent, are wasted on the show. Mind you, with Ireland being so small, I'm sure the decent actors are only in it for a paycheque and not to bounce off similarly talented actors!

I think we just have a difference of opinion with Oisin. Yes, if you break him down or threaten him with violence hes a weak little pussy but he has had to work on the conniving side of his personality in order to survive and I really think he plays his character well, he bounces off Charlotte easily, his one liners with Niamh are genius and hes the guy you love to hate. But recently hes losing his grip on Paul and that's not fun to watch,i hope he destroys The Plan and leaves it in ashes!

Please dont speak ill of the PLAN

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

jos28 wrote: »
    I think we should organise a night out and we'll all go to the Speakeasy when it opens
    They'd want to double up on security that night . I'd imagine there would be a few rows. Better than any office xmas do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

fin12 wrote: »
    Well Il need to bring a pretty big backpack with me to carry the 3 change of outfits.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    You'll need a co-ordinating backpack for each outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Isn't Niamh very disjointed from her brother who only lives across the road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

amtc wrote: »
    Isn't Niamh very disjointed from her brother who only lives across the road?

He's not part of the plan.

LoveHate must be getting literally no work done. With Ray off on his holliers and Doug MIA,who the hell is working in Paul's garage these days?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I think either Dermish will cop it - cos he hasn't much in the way of a story since his wife was kicked off the show or he'll slyly get all of Don Paulionis mullah and become the next big Don of Carraigstown leaving both Niamh and Paul fighting to regain their status. Derms will shack up with Hayley who was in on it all along -

Meanwhile in the lock-up KT reveals to LH that she actually isn't that close to her brother , in fact she hadn't seen him in years until he rocked up after the brother she did love was killed in a freak hostage elbow accident - in other words Ciarán, you think you had a tough time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

clairek6 wrote: »
    Junior fairly shot up how old is he now?

He's around 2 and a half (I'm not a crazed stalker fan, I just know I was near the end of my maternity leave myself when he was born and my young fella is 3 soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Cormdogg wrote: »
    The creepiest/wierdest thing in FC is that Wayne calls Tommy's son Junior.

Didn't Delores call him 'a little lamb' once or am I mistaken.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Didn't Delores call him 'a little lamb' once or am I mistaken.

Please let it be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I must be going mad. The PLAN is actually starting to make sense to me.....

The broadband speed in Carrigstown is amazing. You can Skype someone in Spain and there's no pauses, breakdowns,or out-of-sync lip movements. Callum almost looks like he's in the studio next door, but of course that's just silly...... Isn't it?

'' Meself and Doug are going for a pool game,'' says Pete. ...Yeah, good luck with that, Pete. You have to find him first. He was last seen in Carrigstown nearly three months ago, driving a mute extra down to Shannon Airport. Of course,the fact that he hasn't got a car would usually be an obstacle, but hey, this is Fair Shi**y, so a little thing like that isn't going to get in the way.

Poor Ruthie. There she is, playing happily up in her room, when the bedroom door opens and in walks that ballsy bundle of bubblicious fun, Madcap Zoe. ''Hiya, Ruthie! Your Mam said I could come up here and play with you''
    ''Ah, for fecks sake Zoe! You're fourteen, I'm five. Aren't you a bit big to be playing with My Little Pony and Peppa Pig toys? I mean, I've been up here colouring since September, and the last thing I need now is a miserable-faced teenager who goes through life acting like a constipated 72 year-old Mother Superior.''

Sometimes, I wish I could change places with KT. Just occasionally, like maybe every Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The Katy story is fascinating but teasingly drawn out all at the same time! At this stage it would seem we know all the twists and turns. First was the reveal of who it was, then that Katy found out it was Ciaran and now Katy knowing why.

Ciaran is struggling to know what to do. He is now revealed is not being a bad person but a person in serious bereavement. He now has to struggle with his conscience and the balance between making Emmett feel bad versus his guilt at locking up an innocent girl he has grown to like and who reminds him of his sister. He also knows his sister would not like what he is doing. I predict he will release Katy and what he does then is unpredictable: he could go to attack Emmett, kill himself or do a runner.

The big unknown is how Ciaran intended all of this to play out. The punishing Emmett part by abducting his sister is obvious but what was the plan after that : confront him perhaps or simply free Katy and allow her to reveal everything while he does a runner?

I do wonder if Ciaran has gotten the Thailand story all jumbled up. He admits himself that Tessa had very bad depression before she went abroad. Perhaps it had come back in a big way and Emmett had little choice but to end the relationship. She might have slid into a deep depression in Thailand and gone missing anyway, even without Emmett's involvement, but it looks like Ciaran needs a scapegoat for her loss (bereaved people sometimes do seek out someone to blame for losing a loved one).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shellybelle

Is everyone missing the REALLY BIG story? Niamh has a new handbag. The ould red yoke has been retired, finally.

Is everyone missing the REALLY BIG story? Niamh has a new handbag. The ould red yoke has been retired, finally.

that's what I thought about Orla's green coat - I was wrong :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think most people wear the same coat and handbag a good while. I could usually go anything from a few months to a year with the same bag and it's not that u wouldn't have any other one, it's just easier to grab the bag your using all along, for instance i bought 3 bags around the same time 2 of them I've used both under 5 times where's the third one I've used continuously for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

coolhull wrote: »
    I must be going mad. The PLAN is actually starting to make sense to me.....

(

You are mad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is Dermish just going to keel over and die from liver cancer, or will he ever be seen deteriorating in a normal sense, like in a hospital, maybe?

It's hardly going to be a case of him suddenly looking ill, "grabbing his liver" and saying "Damn, my liver cancer," and then dying like he just had a heart attack?

walshb wrote: »
    Is Dermish just going to keel over and die from liver cancer, or will he ever be seen deteriorating in a normal sense, like in a hospital, maybe?

It's hardly going to a case of him suddenly looking ill, "grabbing his liver" and saying "Damn, my liver cancer," and then dying like he just had a hear attack?

It is a very strange storyline. No thought seems to be put into the affects of his condition and the story seems to be focused more on scamming Paul than Dermot being sick.

For a man with months to live he has energy and acts normal and in no way does he ever seem to act like a man in his position. He is not upset and he is not tired and he is not in hospital. The only thing I can conclude is he is not telling Niamh the full story and his condition is less serious.

walshb wrote: »

It's hardly going to a case of him suddenly looking ill, "grabbing his liver" and saying "Damn, my liver cancer," and then dying like he just had a heart attack?

I don't believe he's going to die for one moment. He's supposed to have only a couple of months to live and yet the only thing going on with him at the moment is how he's going to scam Paul out of a load of money. Something doesn't add up here.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I don't believe he's going to die for one moment. He's supposed to have only a couple of months to live and yet the only thing going on with him at the moment is how he's going to scam Paul out of a load of money. Something doesn't add up here.

You can bet that things don't add up here. There will be a few twists and turns. We only saw Dermot with Robbie in the hospital and then alone meeting the ex teacher in Killinaskully but nothing since then. Misdiagnosis? Not as serious as first thought? We are it seems being spared direct evidence of how Dermot really is.

The other thing of course is that Dermot is not telling Jo anything and making plans for his children. Who minds them when he is too sick and then gone?!?! No plans being made. Dermot has Niamh where he wants her and may be exaggerating his condition to get her fully onside.

Strazdas wrote: »
    The big unknown is how Ciaran intended all of this to play out. The punishing Emmett part by abducting his sister is obvious but what was the plan after that : confront him perhaps or simply free Katy and allow her to reveal everything while he does a runner?

I do wonder if Ciaran has gotten the Thailand story all jumbled up. He admits himself that Tessa had very bad depression before she went abroad. Perhaps it had come back in a big way and Emmett had little choice but to end the relationship. She might have slid into a deep depression in Thailand and gone missing anyway, even without Emmett's involvement, but it looks like Ciaran needs a scapegoat for her loss (bereaved people sometimes do seek out someone to blame for losing a loved one).

Ciaran probably wanted to release Katy as he did and then confront Emmett over the issue with Tessa. Emmett then could show Ciaran evidence of him being as helpful as he possibly could to Tessa and then Ciaran will be totally ashamed of all he did and then could release Katy, sink into a deep depression himself and kill himself perhaps in front of Katy after he releases her and hands her a note to apologise to her, Emmett and the O'Briens. If I were Katy, I'd start saying to him 'your sister would not want you to do this to me or to be this type of a person'. Katy most likely will say things like this and chip away at Ciaran's conscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ciaran probably wanted to release Katy as he did and then confront Emmett over the issue with Tessa. Emmett then could show Ciaran evidence of him being as helpful as he possibly could to Tessa and then Ciaran will be totally ashamed of all he did and then could release Katy, sink into a deep depression himself and kill himself perhaps in front of Katy after he releases her and hands her a note to apologise to her, Emmett and the O'Briens. If I were Katy, I'd start saying to him 'your sister would not want you to do this to me or to be this type of a person'. Katy most likely will say things like this and chip away at Ciaran's conscience.

She needs to do something fast or else she is definitely going to die there. Ciaran is a bit delusional in that sense, he thinks Katy shouldn't be frightened of him because its not her he wants to hurt but Emmet and yet she is going insane in there and no doubt will get sick at some stage and what if Ciaran has an accident, then Katy is dead. He doesn't want to kill her, that's definite but hes burying his head in the sand as to how to move forward..

Katy should just cut her wrists on the mirror, that way he will either HAVE to help her but then get caught or leave her to die. There are no other options left.

You can bet that things don't add up here. There will be a few twists and turns. We only saw Dermot with Robbie in the hospital and then alone meeting the ex teacher in Killinaskully but nothing since then. Misdiagnosis? Not as serious as first thought? We are it seems being spared direct evidence of how Dermot really is.

The other thing of course is that Dermot is not telling Jo anything and making plans for his children. Who minds them when he is too sick and then gone?!?! No plans being made. Dermot has Niamh where he wants her and may be exaggerating his condition to get her fully onside.

Dermot doesn't even seem to have told Ben and Zoe he is dying. None of this adds up, he's certainly not acting in any way like a man who has a few weeks to live. I seriously doubt anyone in his position would set about financially ruining another man as his parting gift to the world.

She needs to do something fast or else she is definitely going to die there. Ciaran is a bit delusional in that sense, he thinks Katy shouldn't be frightened of him because its not her he wants to hurt but Emmet and yet she is going insane in there and no doubt will get sick at some stage and what if Ciaran has an accident, then Katy is dead. He doesn't want to kill her, that's definite but hes burying his head in the sand as to how to move forward..

Katy should just cut her wrists on the mirror, that way he will either HAVE to help her but then get caught or leave her to die. There are no other options left.

Katy's best bet would be to tell Ciaran "Tessa wouldn't want you to do this". It's something that is obvious to us as viewers but Ciaran has been operating in a bubble or almost a fantasy world for the last six months and it's something that might just snap him out of it. His interactions with Katy in the last week are the first time he has been properly challenged on his behaviour by anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Shouldn't a foreign number come up on Niamh's phone instead of an Irish mobile number if Rachel rang her from Barcelona?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement