Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Its funny how much people on here talk about FC like its some well thought out mini series from HBO rather than the same sh*te that's been everyone's guilty pleasure for the last 20 years.

1. The whole Ciaran / KT saga will not be thought out. There is no writer in FC worrying about the psychological back story or how he now can get out of it scot free. This is not live TV folks - its FC. Rather it will end when, realising its almost Christmas and the writers realise they've only 4 episodes left to the "Christmas Day Blockbuster" they'll hurrily resolve it by Ciaran breaking down and letting her out or her somehow overpowering him and escaping. There won't be a big scene where his Garda girlfriend realises in shock that her boyfriend has been a kidnapper in a case she's been investigating for the last year but rather it will end in a scene where Deegan and a mute Garda are shown angrily bungling him into the back of a squad car while in the background Laura runs by and pays the entire scene absolutely no attention. Within 2 episodes the whole thing is forgotten about.

2. The Dermish sick plot. This will not follow standard medical norms. Rather, as stated earlier, the scam will be executed and then just as Paul realises he's been done Dermish will look him in the eye and say "I don't care because I'm dying" and then clutch his side and do just that. Future episodes will revolve around Paul / Niamh / Oisin. Dermish' kids will never be mentioned ever again. Some people might go to his funeral but doubt RTE will spend the cash on staging this one. Neither of the women in his life will go to said funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Shouldn't a foreign number come up on Niamh's phone instead of an Irish mobile number if Rachel rang her from Barcelona?

Yes, you can use the standard Irish number for whats app, but an Irish number from Europe should have the prefix before it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Was away for the weekend and forgot to Sky Plus last night's episode😮
    Summary anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Coat22 wrote: »
    Its funny how much people on here talk about FC like its some well thought out mini series from HBO rather than the same sh*te that's been everyone's guilty pleasure for the last 20 years.

1. The whole Ciaran / KT saga will not be thought out. There is no writer in FC worrying about the psychological back story or how he now can get out of it scot free. This is not live TV folks - its FC. Rather it will end when, realising its almost Christmas and the writers realise they've only 4 episodes left to the "Christmas Day Blockbuster" they'll hurrily resolve it by Ciaran breaking down and letting her out or her somehow overpowering him and escaping. There won't be a big scene where his Garda girlfriend realises in shock that her boyfriend has been a kidnapper in a case she's been investigating for the last year but rather it will end in a scene where Deegan and a mute Garda are shown angrily bungling him into the back of a squad car while in the background Laura runs by and pays the entire scene absolutely no attention. Within 2 episodes the whole thing is forgotten about.

2. The Dermish sick plot. This will not follow standard medical norms. Rather, as stated earlier, the scam will be executed and then just as Paul realises he's been done Dermish will look him in the eye and say "I don't care because I'm dying" and then clutch his side and do just that. Future episodes will revolve around Paul / Niamh / Oisin. Dermish' kids will never be mentioned ever again. Some people might go to his funeral but doubt RTE will spend the cash on staging this one. Neither of the women in his life will go to said funeral.

Ah here you don't know that! I have always said that parts of the Katy saga were handled badly but did you not see last Wednesdays episode? That was top quality writing and acting from start to finish and I'm willing to bet a lot better than the combined effort of any show on that night, so the writers do have to bang heads now and then in relation to storyline resolution. I don't know how the Dermot saga will end, just so long as it keeps featuring scenes between Niamh and Oisin. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Strazdas wrote: »
    Dermot doesn't even seem to have told Ben and Zoe he is dying. None of this adds up, he's certainly not acting in any way like a man who has a few weeks to live. I seriously doubt anyone in his position would set about financially ruining another man as his parting gift to the world.

The key to Dermot's story must be in the hospital visits he is having and phonecalls he got from the hospital that were not shown to us or heard by us. He got a diagnosis we know as we saw this in the hospital. But what we don't know is what happens next. Suppose the initial thought was that he had weeks to live but then it was discovered he was responding well to the treatment. Maybe then he could have a terminal disease but able to keep it at bay for years. Rather like Breaking Bad.

Of course he is not going to tell Niamh. He possibly could want the money to find a cure as well. His plan may be to go to America, where there is a cure, after Paul finds out what happened. But instead will be allowed to go there for the cure but then will have to face trial here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Did LH say that his sister was actually dead. Maybe I missed something but I thought he said she was gone. Gone where ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Over the months and months would LH not have grown to see that Emmet is actually a pretty decent guy. Hardly a womanizer, he couldnt even get the shift off Alma/Ama or Farrah. And he clearly cares about his family and his sister but of course its FC where no character has any depth what so ever

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

So you are confirming what I know. It's TV drama for total gob****es, like every soap, except some soaps do it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Over the months and months would LH not have grown to see that Emmet is actually a pretty decent guy. Hardly a womanizer, he couldnt even get the shift off Alma/Ama or Farrah. And he clearly cares about his family and his sister but of course its FC where no character has any depth what so ever

Decent guy? But wasn't he up for a threesome with said pair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I really can't watch FC in this light!! If I was to go down the road of all these wild theories, predictions, assumptions, should-be-logic, clues etc, I would be driven mad with the inevitable high expectations, let downs, head scratching!

This story has being going on almost 7 months now? 4 episodes a week. It could have easily been a much better, in fact a very good plot with proper tweeking.

The long and short of all this is that FC hasn't got the writers, the characters and the plots to carry a 4 episode a week show without stories pondering on with no foreseeable conclusion, repetitive scenes, repetitive dialogue and scenarios, plots just going around in circles etc etc.

And then BOOM! The story climaxes suddenly in a big siege and memory of it all just dissipates gradually into thin air!

I mean, even yesterday! Wayne giving Pete a dry cleaners ticket for throwing a few suds on his suit while he had him washing his cars!
    Yes, the same Wayne who scammed Pete's wife out of a million euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Was away for the weekend and forgot to Sky Plus last night's episode😮
    Summary anyone?

Niamh got a new purse. KT still locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Strazdas wrote: »
    Dermot doesn't even seem to have told Ben and Zoe he is dying. None of this adds up, he's certainly not acting in any way like a man who has a few weeks to live. I seriously doubt anyone in his position would set about financially ruining another man as his parting gift to the world.

I'm just taking it as a usual poorly written fair city storyline....they handled jo leaving ridiculously, Michael dying was also pretty bad, as well as gripey being up in court for his death. It wouldn't surprise me if this mish mash really is Dermots last hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kelly and Zoe discover Dermot's cancer diagnosis and Sally cheats on Dan with Rocco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Cormdogg wrote: »

Decent guy? But wasn't he up for a threesome with said pair?

Is that a crime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I'm just taking it as a usual poorly written fair city storyline....they handled jo leaving ridiculously, Michael dying was also pretty bad, as well as gripey being up in court for his death. It wouldn't surprise me if this mish mash really is Dermots last hurrah!

I feel that they have written characters as a part of other characters' lives. Dermot and Jo are examples. They were written as a couple and things that happened to the as a couple. When Jo left they did not know what to do with Dermot. First they had him as a sort of a poor man's Victor Meldrew and then they came up with this terminal illness/scamming Paul's money story.

I did not hear either way if Dermot is leaving or not. It could be the end of the line for him or maybe not. I don't know what will happen next regarding the future of these characters but often a dramatic storyline results in the death of at least one character.

I feel that Oisin's suspicion deepens regarding Dermot first and then Niamh. Callum will come back and initially clash with Oisin until Callum starts to discover things too. Callum and Oisin will warn Paul who won't believe them but Paul will then find out and he will fight with Dermot, leaving Dermot in a very unstable condition. Paul will then confront Niamh who will reveal her reasons and Paul will have a heart attack. Rachel will be told by Callum about the situation and will be furious with Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

jos28 wrote: »
    Did LH say that his sister was actually dead. Maybe I missed something but I thought he said she was gone. Gone where ??

It seems Tessa went missing in Thailand but Ciaran doesn't actually know what happened to her or whether she is alive or dead. Emmett apparently dumped her, she became depressed again and now there's no sign of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'm not sure what is more ridiculous. Dermish on death's door and his wife in the U.S. not having a clue, and his children not having a clue, or Bunion Kelly still postponing burying the wife!

I can just see it now. Out of the blue Jo phones and is told that Dermish took a turn for the worse a year ago and dropped dead in the Hungry Pig. No way, she'll say, what happened? Ah, it was the poxy liver cancer that got him in the end. How did the kids take it, she'll ask? Well, Jo, they don't know yet. They've been up in Ruuuthies room coloring and "finishing off video games" on their phones. But don't panic, Jo. The plan is still in place. Plan, what fooking plan she'll ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I think your predictions are the most accurate so far! I'm looking forward to seeing it all play out.

I think we will see Ciaran and Eoghan get close until he finally discovers the truth or Eoghan tries to kill himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I got the feeling that maybe Cathal knew of Ciaran's sisters disappearance and is using him with the empty promise of seeing his sister

I got the feeling that maybe Cathal knew of Ciaran's sisters disappearance and is using him with the empty promise of seeing his sister

That might be plausible if we ever actually saw LH and Spillane sharing a meaningful scene.

I don't think Cathal OR STELLA are involved at all anymore. In fact I never did once we had the first fortnight of Love Hates obviousness as the culprit!

They have so badly handled everything about Cathal to be fair. He is just a comic villain now from what could have been a good character and was very well portrayed initially.

Cathal knows he can wind up Debbie and Eoghan so easy, he has no idea where Katy is or who has her

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cathal knows he can wind up Debbie and Eoghan so easy, he has no idea where Katy is or who has her

Precisely, no wild theories could justify Cathal's inclusion at this juncture. The man has nothing to gain in all this. Yes he is a wind up merchant but getting embroiled in LoveHate's one man mission to take his thwarted minded revenge on Emmett for months on end would make no sense in anyway.

But..........

Who the hell is Rocco?????

Who the hell is Rocco?????

Rocco is Sally's ex

Rocco is Sally's ex

Who d fook is Sally?

Rocco is Sally's ex

Thanks, has he been in any scenes this year? Maybe I didn't notice him at all. Then again, Sally and Dan still being a couple is a bit of a joke considering he only came back for a few days back in March.

• Advertisement

Kelly and Zoe discover Dermot's cancer diagnosis and Sally cheats on Dan with Rocco

where was Sally?? Is she just meant to turn up from Engand this week, see Dumbbell Dan for the first time in months and then launch straight into an affair with her ex that evening!

And are we meant to care considering we have no actual reason to "give a fk" about their relationship considering they were on the screen as a couple for a week or two, if I recall, and we haven't seen her mentioned since she went and Dan returned to pursue a career in handing out flyers and teaching people to stretch.

I mean, since he returned the only actual love life he is concerned with is that of Lycra Lauras Lesbian Liaisons.

ps, where did you get that spoiler!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement