Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jasus Dan is not a bad auld singer. They should be playing at The Station. Have the women throwing their knickers at them.

They really havent a clue what to do with his cbaracter! This pondering around the streets and parks with damien and dean making childish jokes which are just forced and cringeworthy! Then all that business with Laura and her love life. Three lads in their mid thirtys/late thirties prying on the relationships of a girl, two of whom barely know her outside a bit of training! Id tell them to f off and mind theur own business!

Dan had great potential when he arrived, had this mysterious, even sociopathic aura about him . Then he just turned into a lovestruck eegit when he got a sniff of Yvonbe and then Caddle.

Now he is just essentially Stephen the Barman with a few lines and friends!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

They really havent a clue what to do with his cbaracter! This pondering around the streets and parks with damien and dean making childish jokes which are just forced and cringeworthy! Then all that business with Laura and her love life. Three lads in their mid thirtys/late thirties prying on the relationships of a girl, two of whom barely know her outside a bit of training! Id tell them to f off and mind theur own business!

Dan had great potential when he arrived, had this mysterious, even sociopathic aura about him . Then he just turned into a lovestruck eegit when he got a sniff of Yvonbe and then Caddle.

Now he is just essentially Stephen the Barman with a few lines and friends!!

Yeah I liked him when he first came into it. He had real presence on screen. I like how he disarmed that fella with the baseball bat in his home.

Id say the actor hates the direction his character has gone. But hes not going to quit by the looks of it as its an easy pay cheque. How character like him survive over Christy or even Jo is beyond me.

Yeah I liked him when he first came into it. He had real presence on screen. I like how he disarmed that fella with the baseball bat in his home.

He was far from getting involved in selfies and gossiping on street corners back then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Excuse me???? I have said given out about the fact that there was countless love triabgles. Iregardless of sexual orientation. Indeed that was the only love triangle with them in it. I simply said that plot was the most ridiculous one i have ever seens. Up there with dan/carol/robbie circa the time he was hospitalised.

Stop being so faux outraged or else report mh post if you consider it homopho ic which you have essentially insinuated. (In my opinion) from now on ill write all the names participating in said triangle, regardless of tgeir orientation. Id prefer in future if you didnt highlight such a serious thing on the thread . PM me if you like and ill state my case or report me. I was just highlighting which love triangle plot it was in short form. Everyone knew automatically whom i was referring to. And it was an awful repetitive plot. Thats why i pointed it out. Just like i did with that other "hetrosexual" plot with Robbie /Dan/Caddle.

I dont want a row with you on a forum. I just want to put this insinuation to bed. And im sorry that this reply sounds very strong/over the top but if there is one thing i dont like its being abelled any form of homophobic, which perhaps you didnt mean.

I like your posts Walshb but i have to stick up for myself here.

Thanks.

Honest, I didn't intend to offend you with my post. I just happened to quote you as you post here the most and mention the 'issue' the most. I am not outraged or all that offended. I also don't need to report any posts. We're all FC buddies here. The use of the word lesbian ever time a gay female character is involved in a romance was something that caught my eye, and I felt it a little odd and inappropriate. But I far from outraged or offended. You are one of the best posters here. No doubt. Let's get back to what we do best her, ripping the Pi€s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Was it Leo Playing Drums with his giant hands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Was it Leo Playing Drums with his giant hands?

Speaking of Leo, where is he? He hasn't been seen since 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Tommy reminds me of Fr Ted... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Laura to move in with Dean, get with Sash and have a baby with Dean :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wasn't there a whole storyline with Laura, Louise and Ciara when they were in secondary school and a Walkman/CD bring stolen or broken. Would have being in the early 2000's. Anybody remember this?
    Also the highlight of mark breaking his hand/wrist when he climbed up a chair to get a bottle of Coke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Wasn't there a whole storyline with Laura, Louise and Ciara when they were in secondary school and a Walkman/CD bring stolen or broken. Would have being in the early 2000's. Anybody remember this?
    Also the highlight of mark breaking his hand/wrist when he climbed up a chair to get a bottle of Coke.

Keira (Niamh's sister?) hasn't been in it for years but looking at Louise & Laura now, you'd swear they had never even met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

youwould wrote: »
    Keira (Niamh's sister?) hasn't been in it for years but looking at Louise & Laura now, you'd swear they had never even met.

That's the one. It was years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,485 ✭✭✭✭Esel

'Dean' doing a lot of voice work on Irish stations these days.

Fair play to him. No 'white' hair necessary.

Not your ornery onager

I'm bored with Fair City these days .

There's no storyline . I don't count Stripey and the Ram as a story as it will just go on and on and on and on and on . Then one week something will happen and that's it . Over.
    Like the Munchausen by Proxy story with Heather and Ellie . Could have been brilliant but came to an abrupt halt .
    You have that ginger fella with the hoodie (whats his name?) robbing and selling everything in sight .....it's farcical. Dean, Dan and Decco acting like stupid teenagers, sitting in the park gossiping and giving advice to their lesbian sister/friend.
    .....and a bloody "installation" and presentation in the making about the women of 1916 .....with the old fogeys sitting squashed together on the couch discussing it week after week ! I actually fast forwarded through any scenes with them in it (thank you Sky+). The centenary celebrations are over and done with nearly a month ago !!!!

Said it before , will say it again .....how anyone gets paid to write this rubbish is beyond me :-( :-(

Esel wrote: »
    'Dean' doing a lot of voice work on Irish stations these days.

Fair play to him. No 'white' hair necessary.

Or no Dan necessary. Win Win situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There's no storyline . I don't count Stripey and the Ram as a story as it will just go on and on and on and on and on . Then one week something will happen and that's it . Over.
    Like the Munchausen by Proxy story with Heather and Ellie . Could have been brilliant but came to an abrupt halt .
    You have that ginger fella with the hoodie (whats his name?) robbing and selling everything in sight .....it's farcical. Dean, Dan and Decco acting like stupid teenagers, sitting in the park gossiping and giving advice to their lesbian sister/friend.
    .....and a bloody "installation" and presentation in the making about the women of 1916 .....with the old fogeys sitting squashed together on the couch discussing it week after week ! I actually fast forwarded through any scenes with them in it (thank you Sky+). The centenary celebrations are over and done with nearly a month ago !!!!

Said it before , will say it again .....how anyone gets paid to write this rubbish is beyond me :-( :-(

The ginger fella with the hoody is called Eskimo boy. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo

Its The Ram more wooly than ever before

Dan showing more personality and liveliness in 2 and a half minutes than he has shown in 3 years

And The return of Callum

Introducing......................The CarRockstowns

Tommy's really good on the guitar! And you're right, Dan looks like he's enjoying himself. Love to see them more like than on FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

So today is the 100 year anniversary of the Rising...does this mean the MDF installation will be revealed tonight and we can move on from this 'storyline' from tomorrow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,485 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Fittle wrote: »
    So today is the 100 year anniversary of the Rising...does this mean the MDF installation will be revealed tonight and we can move on from this 'storyline' from tomorrow??

Cass has a new still in there. Innocent people will die. Only extras and children of course

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Fittle wrote:

It's time for the green bit of plywood to shine!

• Advertisement

well datewise the anniversary is this weekend so maybe they were co-inciding with that since they knew no one would be watching during the centenary celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Did something happen with ram and Debbie? I missed a good few episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

ya Debbie got a personality change is more happy go lucky and they both decided to have an affair Tommy promised her a trip to Kilkenny

ya Debbie got a personality change is more happy go lucky and they both decided to have an affair Tommy promised her a trip to Kilkenny

ya Debbie got a personality change is more happy go lucky and they both decided to have an affair Tommy promised her a trip to Kilkenny ploughing championship........

Tommy daren't face Aunt Kitty again after all his recent years' antics!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Basically, you missed nothing. Just the wash, rinse, and repeat stuff that FC is noted for.

Is Sean just an extra now???

Eh............are they in love after a kiss??????????/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ah the usual we can't do this....please end this misery!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ah, don't you just love Sundays, when all the characters that you forgot about make a re-appearance?

• Advertisement

Sean is seriously passive aggressive!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement