Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Dermish needs to die sooner than he thought so that it will work??

He probably doesn't die. His initial diagnosis was worse than some later second opinions and his condition is curable or at least manageable for a good number of years. This is the source material for Dermot:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_White_(Breaking_Bad)

He probably has a condition he can keep at bay for years once he takes the right medication. The transformation of Dermot and Niamh into very selfish individuals is going to come back and haunt them. Dermot will be struck off and will hardly be trusted to deal with financial matters after it is revealed he screwed or tried to screw Paul out of a heap of money. For Niamh, who has always been portrayed as Rachel's mother even when she had poor relationships with Paul, she will have betrayed someone she holds dear.

As for Paul himself and his affair: he is a fool. Hayley is totally false, insincere and a user. She hates Paul and actually hates everyone and only uses people. Even when she shows and admits this to Paul, Paul does not cop on. He could lose everything over someone who hates him. At least his previous affairs were with someone who had some respect for him anyway and often even love for him.

Mmmmmmmmm. .......Pete was looking good in uniform.....slightly wasted on Dolores in my opinion!

I mean this genuinely. I totally zoned out of all those LoveHaty scenes tonight. The story is just meandering around in circles. The pacing management on the plot has been awful.

Said this waaaaayyy back in the Summer to you Talking Bread when you were dancing up and down with "who took KT" theories , now we know who took her but it's still going on!

6 months of this unbelievable ****e FFS :eek: ......bored then , bored now.

Can't believe it's still a story .

Grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I was bored of it back then as well! But there was no actual KT scenes then!! That's the strength of it all! I'm now just bored looking at that garage. Can't even muster humour from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I was bored of it back then as well! But there was no actual KT scenes then!! That's the strength of it all! I'm now just bored looking at that garage. Can't even muster humour from it.

It really is a diabolically handled story....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

walshb wrote: »
    It really is a diabolically handled story....

I like the storyline and I'm really enjoying it 'but' it's a mistake to slow down the pace of the Katy - Ciaran plot this week after it was at a crescendo last week : we're almost back to where we were about three weeks ago.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I like the storyline and I'm really enjoying it 'but' it's a mistake to slow down the pace of the Katy - Ciaran plot this week after it was at a crescendo last week : we're almost back to where we were about three weeks ago.

Come on. There has been next to nothing enjoyable about it. The handling and flow of it destroyed any possibility that it could be worthwhile.

Strazdas wrote: »

ha ha I know you're joking ...... but if not you need to get out more :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Was away for the weekend and forgot to Sky Plus last night's episode😮
    Summary anyone?

Carol came back with more blonde in her hair to find Pete doing Wayne's job,

fair%20city%20carol_zpsseak0a5y.jpg

Ciaran shouted at Katy again,
    PicMonkey%20Collagefc_zpsmi2uye5w.jpg

Amanda and Rose Squared off (to be honest it's one of my favourite things to watch in it at the moment the one liners between the two are hilarious)
    fair%20city%20rose%20amanda_zpscnlwaudz.jpg

Dermot closed out the credits with his best Angry man face. He might aswell go back to full blown angry Dermot ala the Verve's video for BitterSweet Symphony and go out with a Bang

dermotfc_zpsccpwdhfv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

It doesnt matter a tap how The Plan ends, we all know the writers have completely run out of ideas for the actress who plays Niamh so even if she causes the death of Dermot and takes Paul for every penny, a quick coffee in Vinos with Paul and all is forgiven and we start up this Paul-Niamh boll*x all over again.
    I don't know why they don't just sack the 2 of them, they are beyond boring by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Come on. There has been next to nothing enjoyable about it. The handling and flow of it destroyed any possibility that it could be worthwhile.

I've enjoyed it, thought it was quite creepy and dark at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

If Niamh and Dermot don't fleece Paul and have him end up in a bedsit I'm done.

I've been waiting on the bollox to be taken down for a couple years at this stage

Amanda's plots the last few weeks.

Amanda gets job with help of Cas
    Amanda throws a few snidy remarks
    Amanda quits job
    Amanda throws a few snidey remarks
    Amanda quits job
    Amanda quits job

There is a theme here.

Oh, god, here we go.

Cue:

"I can't go through with the plan anymore" from Niamh before break

Followed by

"Actually, fk it, I'm back in" after the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

How much money was in that envelope Wayne gave Pete. Looked like some wedge for a couple of afternoon drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

There is a theme here.

Christ on a bike. They must save a fortune on paper not having to print scripts. You can just see the rehearsals; 'ok ppl if you could just dig out script number 352 from June 26th July 4th Sept 8th Sept 15th and Oct 12th, that's the one we ll be using this week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Amanda's plots the last few weeks.

Amanda throws a few snidy remarks
    Amanda quits job
    Amanda quits job
    Amanda quits job

There is a theme here.

but at least she's going to gorey instead of Galway so a small bit of initiative going on. . . . even if they are stuck on the letter G for place names beginning with . .

Cazale wrote: »
    How much money was in that envelope Wayne gave Pete. Looked like some wedge for a couple of afternoon drives.

That could be a good plot! Wayne has the million euro all along!

why is love hate still using the voice synthesiser. . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Because he's going back to the way it was before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Gorey?!?

She'd be there and back again before her tea gets cold and yet Cass acts like it's Australia.

OPERATION #FindAmandaAnotherJobToQuit

http://www.careerjet.ie/jobs-in-gorey-37382.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I'd love it if Dermot gave all of Paul's money to Emmett to gamble at a poker night.

Because we're going back to the way it was.... I love it. This story has so much more to give.

Not a smoker between them and a cancer survivor among them and they choose to sit out in the freezing cold in the dingiest ugly looking smoking area !

Because we're going back to the way it was.... I love it. This story has so much more to give.

so last week they were only rehearsing and they broadcast it by mistake

At least in corrie when they have the oldies befriend the young ones ( rita and gemma ) its somewhat believeable cause at least gemma is likeable and funny. But this Amanda one ...... not one redeemable quality, ever! Nothing comes out of her mouth that isn't abusive or combative, but we re supposed to believe the locals would go out of their way to help her out and keep her in town.

Is it just me or is Niamh's acting getting hammier by the episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Gas when niamh was just randomly typing furiously on Dermot's computer!
    Googling "How to execute plan without Dermot"....!

• Advertisement

Because he's going back to the way it was before

........For ten minutes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement