Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Why does everyone drink in the smoking area in November when they dont smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

It's one of those 'Unsolved Mysteries'
    Who was minding Junior while Orla, Wayne, Dolores and Pete were drinking coffee OUTSIDE Vinos (in November) and then later OUTSIDE McCoys...

Who was minding Ruth when Paul fecked off to Barcelona and Niamh was in the pub?

If Dermot is so short for cash, where did Ben and Zoe (she who makes Katie Taylor look like she's on speed) get the money for the cake?

And finally, why oh why were we subjected to the innuendo with Pete and Dolores?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Katy story going to plan. Ciaran feeling more and more guilty and trapped. Will have to wait and see what happens next time he is with Emmett! Christmas will bring us a lot of things here.

Dermot and Niamh's 'Breaking Bad' adventure is getting ever weirder. Rachel is now angry with Niamh: not a patch on how angry she will be when she finds out that Niamh has had her inheritance stolen from her though! Niamh and Dermot are sure to get into deep trouble over this and Niamh is the one who pressed 'the button' whatever this was supposed to do.

Ciaran seems to be a bit of a fantasist.....mental health problems perhaps? He doesn't really seem to be fully operating in the real world, some of the points he's making to Katy are incoherent and illogical. Not surprisingly, she is baffled by him and doesn't know how to act with him.

Spoiler for the next episode re. Niamh and Dermot
    Niamh decides pressing the enter button was a bad idea! We're back to square one again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Strazdas wrote: »
    Spoiler for the next episode re. Niamh and Dermot
    Niamh decides pressing the enter button was a bad idea! We're back to square one again :D

So Niamh forces Dermot to press CTRL ALT DEL leaving Dermot wondering why he ever got involved with this looney

• Advertisement

So Niamh forces Dermot to press CTRL ALT DEL leaving Dermot wondering why he ever got involved with this looney

Would it not be more appropriate for her to press the Return key?

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Heard Niamh on the radio this morning doing a voiceover for Dunnes. Was half expecting her to start shrieking about the plan in the middle of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Everytime I see Cas in the community centre I hope that somebody asks him if he would like biscuit or cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Katy story going to plan. Ciaran feeling more and more guilty and trapped. Will have to wait and see what happens next time he is with Emmett! Christmas will bring us a lot of things here.

Dermot and Niamh's 'Breaking Bad' adventure is getting ever weirder. Rachel is now angry with Niamh: not a patch on how angry she will be when she finds out that Niamh has had her inheritance stolen from her though! Niamh and Dermot are sure to get into deep trouble over this and Niamh is the one who pressed 'the button' whatever this was supposed to do.

Ciaran seems to be a bit of a fantasist.....mental health problems perhaps? He doesn't really seem to be fully operating in the real world, some of the points he's making to Katy are incoherent and illogical. Not surprisingly, she is baffled by him and doesn't know how to act with him.

I think if you are only speculating the possibility of Love hate having mental health problems now, you have missed the part where he is locking up an innocent girl in a garage for 6 months and living with her brother and hanging around with her family! All because her brother dumped his sister.....

I think if you are only speculating the possibility of Love hate having mental health problems now, you have missed the part where he is locking up an innocent girl in a garage for 6 months and living with her brother and hanging around with her family! All because her brother dumped his sister.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jos28 wrote: »
    Off back to Glenroe with her !

Ah no the show needs GlenRose, an old battle axe wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

sligojoek wrote: »
    He was great in The Brother. Shane MacGowan told me the Pogues used to play it on a loop in the bus when they toured the USA in the 80s

"The brother likes eggs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

You need the older generation in a soap, the likes of Cass, Charlie and Rose. In general today there isn't enough meas for them. I thought Tom McGurk summed it up well on the Cutting Edge last night. Fair City would be a duller place without the loveable oul rogue that is Cass. As a poster pointed out trying to look out for some of the younger generation. Likewise Charlie's courteous, gentlemanly, old school behaviour is, alas, something that is dying.

I know Niamh's storylines are always concentrated on Paul, affairs and family but her lack of interaction with her grandfather and brother is a little bizarre.

Well yes, but we're starting to see a different side to Ciaran in the last week or two. Rambling and not making much sense : he keeps saying to Katy "I gave you the chance to escape but you messed up" when that is not what really happened. I'm wondering if the storyline is that mental illness runs in his family, what with him and the sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Anyone remember when Bella was the FC heartthrob? Now, I'm talking a few years ago. ;)

Anyone remember when Hannah was the FC heartthrob. Much much further back than Bella.

I wouldn't have said Heartthrob but he was philandering his way through Carrigstown when Tommy was up to his neck in nappies in Kilkenny. He got Barrys missus pregnant but their child sadly died

Did Niamh and Bella ever bump uglies?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Eugh. No. Jesus wash your keyboard out with soap :D:D

A 2nd place song from the Irish Eurosong final 2003 that i'd like to dedicate to Niamh and Dermish :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5udif7Wso

A little off topic..things weren't so bad with our 2004 eurovision entry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kSGtwIr4Wc

but took a bad turn for the worse in 2005, 3 years pre Dustin..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxFZuLW_Q2M

Maybe it's time to send Leo Dowling to the Eurovision ;)

Don't ever recall it Liz. But i really only started watching in 1994. I missed 5 years.
    Fair City soap re runs as part of daytime tv. Like they did with Dallas in the 1990s? If i wouldn't mind seeing it from the very beginning.

• Advertisement

nagdefy wrote: »
    Don't ever recall it Liz. But i really only started watching in 1994. I missed 5 years.
    Fair City soap re runs as part of daytime tv. Like they did with Dallas in the 1990s? If i wouldn't mind seeing it from the very beginning.

Did RTE ever repeat it from the start?

They should repeat it and also Glenroe

Did RTE ever repeat it from the start?

They should repeat it and also Glenroe

No, neither it nor Glenroe Liz. It's surprising. Very cheap to do and as good as all those medical shows on in the morning.

I wouldn't usually get to watch daytime tv but i'm out of work since August, first glandular fever and then pneumonia. Due back to work in February pg.

No, neither it nor Glenroe Liz. It's surprising. Very cheap to do and as good as all those medical shows on in the morning.

I wouldn't usually get to watch daytime tv but i'm out of work since August, first glandular fever and then pneumonia. Due back to work in February pg.

You would be Tubridy's dream interviewee!!!

I'd give him an easier time than Katie Hopkins anyway ;)

Oh i forgot to mention i'm obese, but have suffered from anorexia in the past. But i've turned the corner and i'm a counsellor and sport's psychologist now :) Happy Days!

I'd give him an easier time than Katie Hopkins anyway ;)

Oh i forgot to mention i'm obese, but have suffered from anorexia in the past. But i've turned the corner and i'm a counsellor and sport's psychologist now :) Happy Days!

Jesus, you will be treated like royalty in RTE if they get wind of all your conditions!

ray-tubs-feat-640x457.jpg

Best of luck in recovery though!

My guess was a lot of the current content was filmed at the end of September and October when it was quite mild.

Either that or the Fair City crew are hardy!

My homeplace is at a high altitude (relatively!) and always 3C colder than most other places. When i'm in work, lower ground, i'd find it warm at times and people would comment on me wearing a t-shirt in January.

Jesus, you will be treated like royalty in RTE if they get wind of all your conditions!

ray-tubs-feat-640x457.jpg

Best of luck in recovery though!

Thanks Mr. Bread :) I better confirm i haven't the last 2 (anorexia and obesity)!!

Do you know that Apres Match skit on Pat Kenny/

'And now to a cruel and harrowing tale of crazed depravity, and triumph over adversity'.. that would be Pat Kenny's intro for me ;)

P.s. Possibly the worst condition of all, and one with no known treatment, is fancying Amanda..

Thanks Mr. Bread :) I better confirm i haven't the last 2 (anorexia and obesity)!!

Do you know that Apres Match skit on Pat Kenny/

'And now to a cruel and harrowing tale of crazed depravity, and triumph over adversity'.. that would be Pat Kenny's intro for me ;)

P.s. Possibly the worst condition of all, and one with no known treatment, is fancying Amanda..

You should be on Joe Duffy or Crime Call for that last one

• Advertisement

More Joe Duffys cup of tea "whoy?" "how did you feel?"

P.s hope Nagdefy feels better soon and gets back to work in Feb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement