Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

More Joe Duffys cup of tea "whoy?" "how did you feel?"

P.s hope Nagdefy feels better soon and gets back to work in Feb

Joe: 'Now caller on line one you have a bit of a thing for Amanda from the Fair City?'

Me: Well Joe i was out of work for a while and started really getting into Fair City. I joined up Boards.ie and fell in with a shower of lunatics as mad as meself..

Joe: 'Go on, sure, sure, yeah, yeah, sure'.

Me: Well the others were always bad mouthing Amanda and i got a bit cross as i liked her and she's only a young wan about 20, and thought she was a fiery bit of stuff and wished i was 10 yrs younger.

Joe: 'And do you be having the fantasies with the young wan Amanda? Go on, yeah, sure, sure..'

Me: Well i wouldn't like to say on national radio Joe but it became quite serious... I started ringing RTE to send me out some Amanda posters..

Joe: 'And what were they for, the fantasies and the bedroom wall?'

Me: Well again Joe I wouldn't like to say but RTE said it was beyond their budget, they couldn't afford them.

Joe: 'I feel your pain caller, that's terrible.. Could you hold on there caller i think you're not the only one in the country who fancies Amanda...I have a woman from Clontarf on she said she stalks Amanda home from the Fair City set. Go on! Sure sure..'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Does anyone ever watch the "Extras" previews on Player? They are awful, they only last about 10 seconds and they don't even feature anything exciting. Todays one is Dermot saying to Niamh "We should have waited longer"...yeah, exciting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Dermot's doctor will probably call him in soon and tell him they found a liver for him. That way he will survive and end up going to prison.

Dermot's doctor will probably call him in soon and tell him they found a liver for him. That way he will survive and end up going to prison.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ciaran's or somebody from the fallout of that story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yes, unrealistically so, it seems inevitable the inept writers will find an absurd way out of this Dermot few months to live cr$p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

He could share a cell with Barry O'Hanlon

Dermot does look sicker the last few evenings. The make up team are starting to earn their corn and with the effect that Dermot looks to have a lot of dark lines under his eyes ala the late Brian Lenihan Junior, 6mts before he passed away.

bazermc wrote: »
    Anyone remember when Hannah was the FC heartthrob. Much much further back than Bella.

Who was after her bazermc? I remember the days in the 90s when she had Paschal lodging with her. Some really funny scenes. Hannah was a character, a real old school Dub. Much more so than any of the older characters now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

nagdefy wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ciaran's or somebody from the fallout of that story.

What I could not understand is why they brought Angela into to it to kill her off presumably for Dermot to have a liver and then they ditched the idea :confused:

What I could not understand is why they brought Angela into to it to kill her off presumably for Dermot to have a liver and then they ditched the idea :confused:

There's a fair bit of we'll make it up as we go along about FC at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

There's a fair bit of we'll make it up as we go along about FC at the moment

I have to agree. With Dermot in particular. They are trying to make his character more interesting. With mixed results tbh.

I never presumed that was the idea as it makes no sense!!
    They never interacted on screen!
    Dermot is terminally ill, supposedly and hasn't been put on any list.
    Even if he was on the list, the chances of hi getting that liver was next to nothing!! :D

Bringing her back just seemed like giving Mongo and Deegan some air time and giving the actress a bit of work for a fortnight to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Thanks Mr. Bread :) I better confirm i haven't the last 2 (anorexia and obesity)!!

Do you know that Apres Match skit on Pat Kenny/

'And now to a cruel and harrowing tale of crazed depravity, and triumph over adversity'.. that would be Pat Kenny's intro for me ;)

P.s. Possibly the worst condition of all, and one with no known treatment, is fancying Amanda..

I think the best known treatment for fancying Amanda would be go on a date with her and you would soon be turned off, her attitude is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does anyone ever watch the "Extras" previews on Player? They are awful, they only last about 10 seconds and they don't even feature anything exciting. Todays one is Dermot saying to Niamh "We should have waited longer"...yeah, exciting :rolleyes:

Ya I watch them, the odd one gives you a bit a spoiler but the majority are rubbish.

I said this yesterday re Angela when someone else questioned the whole meaningfulness of her returning to die:

I said that at the time. She literally came back to die. And they couldn't even have bothered pushing her death forward a few days so Ray could attend.

It was a bizarre plot. I mean, was it their version of bringing Peggy Mitchell back to die!
    Were we meant to feel sadness for her and Mongo? One character we haven't seen in years, another who may as well not be even there.

I thought it was going to lead somewhere like maybe Mongo gets an inheritance or something but they literally had a ridiculous plot about Deegan, who was using his handcuffs on her for a few days, trying to control the funeral and then they all had a few drinks after the invisible funeral and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I will be violently sick if they refer to Christmas as "the Holidays " one more time!

fin12 wrote: »
    I think the best known treatment for fancying Amanda would be go on a date with her and you would soon be turned off, her attitude is horrible.

Ha ha! A lot of my comments are in jest really. She's way too rough around the edges. I think i'd be looking for a bit more sophistication than 'do ya think i'm a bleedin charidee'. :) She'd go through me for a short cut.

As with a lot of actors and actresses you wonder what they're like in reality. Somehow i don't think Amanda's actress speaks the Queen's English in it's finest form :)

I said this yesterday re Angela when someone else questioned the whole meaningfulness of her returning to die:

I said that at the time. She literally came back to die. And they couldn't even have bothered pushing her death forward a few days so Ray could attend.

It was a bizarre plot. I mean, was it their version of bringing Peggy Mitchell back to die!
    Were we meant to feel sadness for her and Mongo? One character we haven't seen in years, another who may as well not be even there.

I thought it was going to lead somewhere like maybe Mongo gets an inheritance or something but they literally had a ridiculous plot about Deegan, who was using his handcuffs on her for a few days, trying to control the funeral and then they all had a few drinks after the invisible funeral and that was that.

You always get a proper send off down the country. Proper wake etc.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

More Joe Duffys cup of tea "whoy?" "how did you feel?"

P.s hope Nagdefy feels better soon and gets back to work in Feb
    The blows wont get lighter, Petal but your shoulders will become stronger.

Dermishhhhh, in not so many words:

"FFs, Greasy, unless you have another random wad of money for me or a shoulder to cry on, fu$k off"

"I've my own money now."

• Advertisement

Good morrow.. Robbie must be playing Romeo in a Christmas panto.

The Don all wrapped up like an eskimo and the one bloody place on his body most fragile to the cold as naked as a skinny dipper

Laura must still be on the roids..

Oh, yay. More Laura and Dan rows.

Jane!!!!! In her green t shirt!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I love it when a plan comes together😎

Did the Don just call "The Salmon Leap" in Leixlip a "dusty old kip"

Defamation case!

4X6A9423.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Oh no. It's desperate Dan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Are Ben and Zoe teenagers now?

As I predicted. More "business plan" squabbling between Dullard and Lycra.

They have literally recycled that plot a half a dozen times now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Robbie shouldve reminded Dermo that he gave him a wedge of cash to take his kids on holiday to Cavan. Or that only 5 minutes earlier he asked Robbie to do him a HUGE favour! A favour for 10 years. Then he bollicks him out of it in the pub. Now Robbie is apologising!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement