Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

A fellah can get gunned down at Ben Dunne gym and nobody batts an eyelid. Since when do gyms have "reputatiins"? Every gym in the country has some fellah on the juice. What gym doea their classes outside? Any gym in the basement of a hotel in Dublin couldnt have more than a steam room and a few exercise bikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Cazale wrote: »
    I wouldn't give a ****e if one of the trainers in the gym I go to was taking steroids especially if all they did was run about the park afterwards. Doubt it would be the apocalypse that Dan expects if news got out.

Ha ha! No. You'd nearly expect it! Once they could show people how to use the equipment and do up training programmes you'd be happy. It's not a criminal offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

nagdefy wrote: »
    Pete, handyman, barman, painter.. Whadda man.

Don't forget he was an officer and a gentleman yesterday :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Cormdogg wrote: »
    A fellah can get gunned down at Ben Dunne gym and nobody batts an eyelid. Since when do gyms have "reputatiins"? Every gym in the country has some fellah on the juice. What gym doea their classes outside? Any gym in the basement of a hotel in Dublin couldnt have more than a steam room and a few exercise bikes

Dan left a fella brain dead and he's on the moral high ground now with Laura.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

nagdefy wrote: »
    If we were to compile an all time list of Fair City moaners Laura and Dan would be fairly high on the list. And that's saying something. Damo would be up there too.

That list for me is Dan, Laura, Orla, Wayne, Pete, Doug, Delores, Jackie, Dermot, Robbie, Carol, all extremely average at best and have never been in anything even CLOSE to an interesting storyline and I know FC have to balance a decent storyline with ****e like Pete looking for work or Caoimhe wanting nights out but when there are no decent stories on, watching the above trying to act is painful.

Whats going on with Oisin?? Its like hes had all the wind knocked from his sails and now takes a complete backseat to The Plan, all he has done the past month was sit silently in the office and let Paul do all the talking, where are his classic one liners gone? Why doesn't he see his girlfriend anymore? He was much more entertaining when he went for Niamh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

In other news today local millionaires wife Niamh bought a lovely new plum coloured coat. She matched this lovely plum coloured coat with her lovely plum coloured lipstick. She modelled this new look mainly in the office where she discussed the many elements of THE PLAN with her dying colleague Dermish.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mouseybrown

Did nobody notice Pete's hair changed colour ??

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

The guy that Paul bought the license from could have been his stunt double.
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That list for me is Dan, Laura, Orla, Wayne, Pete, Doug, Delores, Jackie, Dermot, Robbie, Carol, all extremely average at best and have never been in anything even CLOSE to an interesting storyline and I know FC have to balance a decent storyline with ****e like Pete looking for work or Caoimhe wanting nights out but when there are no decent stories on, watching the above trying to act is painful.

Cough......Sean.........cough
    cough......Ama..........cough

Also what is the point of Jane? I mean, she comes in to pick a few glasses up every 4 months. Either write or out or give her some sort of story. Herself and Emmet would be a good couple.

Also The Ram is due a new conquest soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

That was a fcuking woeful episode. There is NOTHING interesting about Laura and Dan, literally as in gun-to-my-head-find-something-interesting-about-them and I couldn't. Laura insists on infecting the screen with her mediocre, completely forgettable storylines. Steroids? Nobody cares. Sacked from gym? Again, nobody cares. And Dan seems to think nobody ever should make any mistakes lest he judges them.
    Why are they drinking outside every night, its freezing? I haven't a clue what Paul and Niamh are doing. All the dull and boring characters are back- Pete, Orla, Wayne, Jane, Hughie, Delores....yawn.

Its seems they used up all their collective talent on that great Katy/Ciaran episode 2 weeks back and now we are left with classic boring FC crap.

I have to agree. Laura is a poor character with nothing to offer apart from boring filler inner stories. Too much Orla as well. As I said many times she is always around when FC goes into poor material mode. One could have missed tonight and not missed much as it did not change the story.

Stories like Laura and Dan and the dispute over the steroids, the infamous Orla and Caoimhe baby stories, the Condors basketball story, and the infamous Pete v Damian stories are all ones we could do without. What was the point of the Condors story? We never saw them again afterwards (not that we want to) other than filler around the better stories (Flynn/Cathal/the hotel/Michael's death and the Heather story).

Katy and Ciaran are good actors and are able to portray something interesting. Other actors who play Tommy, Charlotte, Oisin, Eoghan, Emmett, Rose, etc. are also excellent and can do very good with good stories. The same cannot be said of Orla or Laura. Orla has got to be the worst of the worst in it at the moment. Pointless character who never once had a decent storyline. If anyone can prove otherwise, let me know!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Cough......Sean.........cough
    cough......Ama..........cough

Also what is the point of Jane? I mean, she comes in to pick a few glasses up every 4 months. Either write or out or give her some sort of story. Herself and Emmet would be a good couple.

Also The Ram is due a new conquest soon.

Who came up with the RAM name ???
    Absolute cracker...take a bow

Joe Hill wrote: »
    Who came up with the RAM name ???
    Absolute cracker...take a bow

It originated from his Jo sh*gging days. He was the stereotypical urban farmer back then! Planting potato and tomatos in backgardens, delivering eggs and cutting grass and the like! While Doctor Hiya brought in the money!

He even took Jo to a date at the ploughing Championship! One of the only times FC done a proper off set outdoor set of scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

Orla, Niamh, Damien, Caoimhe, Amma, Sean, Charlie/Chawlie, Dan and Laura should all be swiftly dispatched by a sink hole opening up in McCoys, they are all atrociously wooden actors imo. thank God that Rachel and sherlookitJo are gone. Start the cull now FC and hire a decent dialogue writer while you're at it. The rest of them can act but are held back by the terrible dialogue and nonsensical storylines. Is Robbie some sort of Alan Sugar figure now handing out apprenticeships in his suburban pub and bookies to the local accountant's kids-as if Dermish wouldn't be cringing in fear at the thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

currants wrote: »
    Orla, Niamh, Damien, Caoimhe, Amma, Sean, Charlie/Chawlie, Dan and Laura should all be swiftly dispatched by a sink hole opening up in McCoys, they are all atrociously wooden actors imo. thank God that Rachel and sherlookitJo are gone. Start the cull now FC and hire a decent dialogue writer while you're at it. The rest of them can act but are held back by the terrible dialogue and nonsensical storylines. Is Robbie some sort of Alan Sugar figure now handing out apprenticeships in his suburban pub and bookies to the local accountant's kids-as if Dermish wouldn't be cringing in fear at the thought.

Gets me thinking. What is the point of Sean? He must only be in about 5 episodes in the year and does nothing more than act as an extra these days. Leo is something similar. It may be fair to say that there are too many characters and the storylines either deliberately or unconciously do not have a lot of them on their radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

FAIR CITY IS A PILE OF BILE

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Well, another cracking night in the parallel universe that is Fair City..........
    So we have Pete, who was given a painting job (by text!) by that reverend gentleman, telling anyone who’d listen that there are lots of Protestant Church halls that need to be repainted, enough to keep him in clover for years. But then of course he finds asbestos in the roof (what the fook was he doing up there anyway?) and without any explanation, all the other work dries up as well.
    Ahh, ‘dem bluddy Proddestans’, eh? Sure ya couldn’t depend on ‘em for nuttin'.. ;)

So far Pete’s drove a short journey in a chauffers uniform, pulled two pints, poured a coffee, fixing a leaky tap (‘’no bother, sure I have tap washers in me bag?!’’. And of course Pete's unerring instincts enable him to find Hughie's bathroom and office without having to ask for directions....So that’s his income for this month sorted out anyway

No doubt about it, the Government has this country ruined....Carrigstown’s massive Chariot Courier company seems to have ground to a halt. Kerri-Anne appears to have given up on her beautician duties. The local Garda station seems to have have closed down. Work has come to a standstill in the garage. Overnight, the laundrette turned into a self-service joint. The Dolphin Pod has no manager or staff (or indeed customers). McCoy’s, despite Orla giving out ‘shifts’, left right and centre, has more staff than customers this week, ......
    Slim pickings out there for you, Pete my man. Looks like a stretch on the dole for a while. Unless, of course you're able to write a few scripts and hand them into the FC producers. Christ knows, they could do with them.....

And even THE PLAN has run into a brick wall. Well, for another half-episode anyway. I had to laugh at Paul saying that your man wanted fifty grand for the pub licence, and so ‘’Run down to the bank there Oisin, and get it out for me, will ya?’’ Luckily, banks in that area ask no questions when a young chap in denims comes in and demands to withdraw 50 thousand euro. The Bank of Carrigstown, (The Bank that likes to say ‘’YES’’) seems to be very low-regulation, where you can shift massive amounts of money to offshore accounts by simply pressing ‘Enter’ on your laptop. I'm tellin' yiz right now, this'Power of Attorney'' is a great yoke altogether

Sorry for the long post, but sure you know yourself what it’s like : I just wouldn’t be able to get a wink of sleep tonight with all this stuff weighing on my mind. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,827 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

branie2 wrote: »
    Are Ben and Zoe teenagers now?

Ben can only be 11 at most. I think he was born in either 2005 or 2006.

It's unclear what age Zoe is meant to be, she's been in the show on and off for about five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

branie2 wrote:
    Are Ben and Zoe teenagers now?

To be fair living with Dermot would prematurely age anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

If Pete is looking for a new business he should open up a 24 hour creche. Just think of all those unsupervised kids of Orla, Dermot, Carol, Damo, Niamh etc who he could be looking after when they are all in the pub. Potential goldmine there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Had to laugh at Dermish to Oisin. It takes a little bit longer than a few days to buy property.... he should have explained it better. "Look, Oisin. This is already built and visible property we're talking about. It's not a fooking state of the art inbuilt wifi Launderette that you can just think of on a Tuesday and be turning a profit come Sunday!"

Btw, is Pete right? Do vicars all talk to each other?

Sure Dermish, who else would you trust with your children's education fund after you've departed only the local out of the blue greasy bookie....

Hughie's sink hopefully keeps Pete in clothes till Yuletide...

walshb wrote: »
    Btw, is Pete right? Do vicars all talk to each other?

You would imagine he would have a fair idea

046_5691c46a304da5af944a4858123677bff417ffd5.jpg

I just heard that the bank of Carrigstown only has euro coins at the moment. Oisin's closing in on 5000 euro as we speak. He should have daddy's money late next week..

Can someone explain, does Niamh just assume all the blame wil be apportioned to Dermish for this and she can just sit back with the money once he "dies"?

Can someone explain, does Niamh just assume all the blame wil be apportioned to Dermish for this and she can just sit back with the money once he "dies"?

I have a far more pressing and pertinent question...wtf is The Plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

Mention power of attorney and offshore accounts, sher the viewers are too thick to expect details when you use amazing key words like that. Then they must move fast, then they're moving too fast, Dermish gets cold feet, mane tossing Niamh gets cold feet, next episode the plan is back on and cold feet are toasty again, then the plan is off again, then they do it by pressing enter (where was stony broke yet financial whizz Dermish during the banking crisis, he could have squirreled billions away from those pesky bondholders), then 50k is enough to destroy the plan. Repeat ad nauseum. This appears to be the essence of the plan. Oh yes, I forgot the most machiavellian part-tell the local chronic alcoholic barman whose only been in recovery a wet week all about the plan for no good reason whatsoever, sher he wont tell a soul will he?

currants, finally the penny drops for me. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Gets me thinking. What is the point of Sean? He must only be in about 5 episodes in the year and does nothing more than act as an extra these days. Leo is something similar. It may be fair to say that there are too many characters and the storylines either deliberately or unconciously do not have a lot of them on their radar.

Yeah I feel the same about Sean and Leo. Maybe some of the writers don't like them so they punish them by only giving them drip feed storylines once a year. Ive always strongly suspected that, like a lot of workplaces, if any of the actors say even the slightest negative thing about the show like hours, storylines, conditions etc then they are history. Look at Jo, Harry Molloy and Christy. All gone and written out suddenly, there has to be something to that.

Harry Molloy famously said after his sacking that the cast were filled with "sneaks and tattle tales", so take from that what you will. Maybe the actors who play Paul, Niamh, Bella, Delores etc are horrible people in real life, you never know. The joke is on them though because they cant act anyway and they have completely sold out their possible talents by playing the same scenes over and over and over. We ALL know Niamh will stay with Paul from now until the day they retire, there is no suspense in any of their storylines as we all know the endpoint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,827 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Not at all. The plan is that she cleans Paul out of all of his money and then dramatically announces to him "I know you've been sleeping with Hayley, you ***". It's all about revenge and he knowing why she has done it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement