Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I thought you had to go to court to get an alcohol license. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I also thought you had to give a bank notice if you want to withdraw €50K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

You do apparently but not in FC of course! ! :

From www.liquorlicensetransfers.ie :

Buy a Liquor Licence
    In order to sell liquor in Ireland you must have a Liquor Licence attached to your premises. An individual/company applying for a Liquor Licence must at the same time extinguish an existing Liquor Licence in court i.e. you must purchase an existing Liquor Licence.
    The type of licence required depends upon whether you wish to sell liquor for consumption on or off the premises or both.
    There are two main types of licences:
    Publican’ s Licence (7 Day Ordinary)
    Spirit, Beer and Wine Retailer’s Off- Licence
    Once the proposed licensed premises has been identified and it has the necessary planning permission in place then it is a matter of agreeing the purchase of the licence. Once this is agreed then an application must be made to the local District or Circuit Court (depending on the type of application) to grant the transfer of the licence to premises. A notice of the proposed court hearing date must be published in a daily newspaper at least three weeks before the court date. Notice should also be given to the Fire Officer and the local Gardai at the same time.
    Once the transfer of the current licence has been extinguished in favour of the new licence the court will issue an order. This order is then sent to the National Licensing Office who upon receipt will send out a renewal form. When this is completed and returned the new licence will issue in the applicants name. This licence will remain valid until the 30th September at such time the licence will have to be renewed and the required excise fee will be due to be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

but if your '6' year old son can withdraw 50 k of your money in a heartbeat then a liquor licence is a walk in the park..

From pressing enter buttons to transfer millions from accounts to opening up fully kitted wifi launderettes in the space of an episode to hotels with 2-3 staff and 200 rooms.... FC is where it's going on. Donald Trump could learn a thing or two for his "make America great."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Dermishhhhh out necking pints every night with 2 kids at home, one with a potentially life endangering disease and him with a liver that is killing him off!!

Oh, the craic!!

You'd imagine if your liver was about to fail putting it under extra pressure with pints every night would be the last thing you'd do. It is probably the most bizarre of all bizarres in FC at the moment.

And at any rate you'd have low energy surely and the pub scene would be draining. And as TTB says 2 kids who he should be spending as much time as possible with.

There's keeping up a show for Paul and Oisin that he's well and plain ridiculous..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

"Once the proposed licensed premises has been identified and it
    has the necessary planning permission in place then it is a matter
    of agreeing the purchase of the licence."

So they got the license before they ever got planning permission for the Speakeasy, they haven't even bought Barry's house yet and wasn't there mention of selling Sean's house? .. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

nagdefy wrote: »
    No. Rte?

His chat up lines with Cleo were hillarious.

Yes. On TV in the Republic, Sam Peter Corry (Robert Daly) can be heard speaking with his own accent (The same as when he was in FC) in the Grant boiler ad. On UTV NI, the character in the ad and his father have their voices dubbed with a Northern accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yes. On TV in the Republic, Sam Peter Corry (Robert Daly) can be heard speaking with his own accent (The same as when he was in FC) in the Grant boiler ad. On UTV NI, the character in the ad and his father have their voices dubbed with a Northern accent.
    Is that Sam-Peter Corry, or Sam Peter-Corry?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is that Sam-Peter Corry, or Sam Peter-Corry?

Seems to be Sam Peter Corry when you google him.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robbie tries to fix Dermot up with
    Jane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray
    is back next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Pokemon Battle

I can't believe that some people on here, as recently as a couple of days ago still thought Cathel was involved with Katies kidnapping, talk about dence

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I can't believe that some people on here, as recently as a couple of days ago still thought Cathel was involved with Katies kidnapping, talk about dence

Hmmmm dence you say......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hmmmm dence you say......

Plus I don't think anyone here mentioned Cathal in the past week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Dence ? is that not one of the Bishop brothers ???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Dence ? is that not one of the Bishop brothers ???

You're not talking cents! That was Pence you're thinking of! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Has there ever been a drugs story in FC before? Its a real wet fish of a story Laura "addicted" to roids and getting agro. Fair city is on after 8pm, give us a bit of real drugs. A lovable stoner perhaps? Could the bishops not be involved in a bit of class As from their base in Spain rather than a few mobile phones. You would think Party/Rave promitor Oisin would be pushing a few pills. We've a homeless shelter without a sniff of a heroin addict. Surely party girl Hayley would be on the nosebag! They couldve given us something gritty. Considering how rife drug use from hash to heroin is in Dublin. Another missed oppertunity for a decent story

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Dermo is way out of Janes league.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Robbie tries to fix Dermot up with
    Jane

It wouldn't be a bad way to die ;)

• Advertisement

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Has there ever been a drugs story in FC before? Its a real wet fish of a story Laura "addicted" to roids and getting agro. Fair city is on after 8pm, give us a bit of real drugs. A lovable stoner perhaps? Could the bishops not be involved in a bit of class As from their base in Spain rather than a few mobile phones. You would think Party/Rave promitor Oisin would be pushing a few pills. We've a homeless shelter without a sniff of a heroin addict. Surely party girl Hayley would be on the nosebag! They couldve given us something gritty. Considering how rife drug use from hash to heroin is in Dublin. Another missed oppertunity for a decent story

The guy singing the SA national anthem here would be ideal for that role. Gets really good at the high notes near the end. The look on Schalk Berger and contrasting giggle on Habana. Priceless :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Q6pa5cSSo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yvonne had a drug habit in the past. I remember her rubbing coke into her gums in between serving customers in the Bistro back in the day.
    Dolores' youngest daughter's death was drug related - she swallowed a tab dropped on the floor by a teenage character.
    Not recreational drugs but Heather was involved in a drug-related storyline very recently, in which Ellie was also at risk because she took an overdose or some such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

nagdefy wrote: »
    It wouldn't be a bad way to die ;)

being stuck with him would probably kill off
    Jane
    quicker.

If this is true, it is ridicuous! What sort of oddball would play cupid with a dying man and a woman who has about as much in common with hi as Bella and Sasha.
    Hey,
    Jane
    , there is a guy I only started interacting with a month ago and I am wondering if you are interested. Just to add he will be dead in a few weeks, you have nothing in common and he is angry, bitter, and passive aggressive

Jane
    quicker.

If this is true, it is ridicuous! What sort of oddball would play cupid with a dying man and a woman who has about as much in common with hi as Bella and Sasha.
    Hey,
    Jane
    , there is a guy I only started interacting with a month ago and I am wondering if you are interested. Just to add he will be dead in a few weeks, you have nothing in common and he is angry, bitter, and passive aggressive

It's Fair City, quite a plausible storyline!

Jane
    quicker.

Hey,
    Jane

Jane and Dermot could have one thing in common they are both a little desperate. Jane hasn't had a great time with online dating etc in recent months and Dermot is, supposedly, dying.

They had some interaction a few months back, i can't remember the exact context? Some one here will no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Rachel Pilkington is wasted on Fair City. She was my favourite on The Clinic years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

youwould wrote: »
    Rachel Pilkington is wasted on Fair City. She was my favourite on The Clinic years ago.

She is a pretty average at best actress. They have done absolutely nothing with her character.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

She is a pretty average at best actress. They have done absolutely nothing with her character.

That's my point though. She actually can act well but doesn't get the chance to on FC.

Dan's gloves are like Padre Pio's :) Paul looking sharp.

• Advertisement

The plan, if it ever was coherent, is in tatters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement