Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why the hell does Ben and Zoe need MINDING??? Am i missing something here they are both 12 and are well capable of minding themselves for a few hours surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

At this rate with Dermot getting a cut of 'THE PLAN ' and hughie getting a cut of 'THE PLAN' ...... Niamh would have been better off just divorcing Paul and getting half of everything by the time she gets her cut of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ok so feel completely free to tell me im being a delusional fool but do you reckon the writers know about this thread and the slagging of The Plan and decided to have a bit of fun at our expense?? Because last week we had Hughie saying sounds like a PLAN! Then tonight the word plan was mentioned about a dozen times.
    Is it just complete and utter coincidence?

Unless they refilmed all the scenes (which would have been filmed 6 weeks ago or so) in the past 2 or 3 weeks just to indulge us, I'd say yea, it's got to be a coincidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

The boom is back lads and lassies. Wonderwoman Jean the architect discusses plans for Speakeasy with clients in the morning and rolls them out in the afternoon. Sunday afternoon no less. At this rate Pete the painter will give his brush a last stroke on Christmas eve and the New Speakeazy will open it's doors on St.Stephen's morn......planning permission or no planning permission, give everyone a drink and we'll all be happy in Carrickstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

dee_mc wrote: »
    Unless they refilmed all the scenes (which would have been filmed 6 weeks ago or so) in the past 2 or 3 weeks just to indulge us, I'd say yea, it's got to be a coincidence!

I think they only film 4 weeks in advance and i do believe The Talking Bread coined the phrase more than a month ago so maybe he is a mole! It just seemed like they were taking the p!ss but you are probably right i dont think either the actors or writers ever look here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Pete is flat out turning down jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

At this rate with Dermot getting a cut of 'THE PLAN ' and hughie getting a cut of 'THE PLAN' ...... Niamh would have been better off just divorcing Paul and getting half of everything by the time she gets her cut of this!

A normal person would but Niamh is not a normal person! She is vindictive and devious. She is the only person enjoying this business. Dermot, Hughie and Robbie all have their own reasons for opposing Paul and/or helping Niamh but they are not enjoying it. Niamh's smug smile says it all about what type of a person she is. This is not going to end well for Niamh. When Rachel and Callum hate her she will wonder why and she will be alone and not wanted by any of Paul's family. She will also send another heart attack Paul's way and will have all 3 of Paul's adult children united against her. And she won't have any money either because what she is at is 100% illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Seriously, why IN GODS NAME did Greasy ask Pippy Longstockings to mind Dermissshhhh's kids. Christ, almighty.
    So that the FC writers can set up a scenario where Dermo offers Jane the 'PA' job with a side order of child minding. They showed us tonight that she got on with the kids.
    Watch this space, Jane working for Dermo gets wind of his illness and his bank balance. She'll have him running up the aisle to get married just before his liver packs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Razette

Whatever happened to Stephen from behind the bar!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Razette wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Stephen from behind the bar!!

Disappeared to cork no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So Niamh and dermot pressed enter, meaning they have Paul's money in an offshore account? What are they waiting for then? Why do they have to delay the SPEAKEASY why can't they just do whatever comes next?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

So Niamh and dermot pressed enter, meaning they have Paul's money in an offshore account? What are they waiting for then? Why do they have to delay the SPEAKEASY why can't they just do whatever comes next?

I think Dermo has to drop dead next and seen as he is fit and healthy looking that could be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Cos I think what happens next is that Dermot dies and then it's too late to get the money back and no action can be taken against Dermot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Because THE PLAN's success depends on Dermissshhhhh dying before The Don cops on so that he can take all the blame and by some bizarre trail of thought Niamh will then be entitled to all the rest of Paul's money!!!

No, I can't make head nor tail of it all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ha, Niamh will end up clobbering Dermishhhh to death soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sorry, guys. Didn't watch tonight, but after reading the thread it seems one of my two burning questions has been answered. The whereabouts of Rocco...super. However, my second question, which I thought was answered earlier in the week by the poster, currants, has unfortunately resurfaced after tonight's posts...... WTF is The Plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,733 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wait until Jane and Wayne get in on the plan :p #ScrewPaul

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Sorry I'm late joining the thread tonight. I've been up in the pub, getting a babysitter for the two big teenage kids of a fella I met twice. But sure what's life all about if it's not for paying randomers good money for minding someone else's teenagers.
    Yes, i am a bit concerned that the lady I've got for them is maybe not a good influence. I'll have to tell that snotty young fella to avoid contact with the front of her tee-shirt, therwise she'll have his eye out.
    And Sally and Rocco (who looks like a young Captain Birdseye) are trying so hard to keep their romance a secret that the only place they can have a bit of privacy is the local park. Sure nobody goes to the park on a Sunday. Well, nobody except joggers like Laura, paraplegics like Dan, and random keep - fitters don't need anything bigger than a 40-running track. Oh, and I almost forgot, the entire Comets wheelchair basketball team. But sure luckily none of them could possibly recognize Laura.
    When writing his CV, Greasy can include the following : Publican, Bookie, car-rentals, taxi services and hairstyle modeling. And now, Human Resources agent (accountancy and childminding a speciality)
    He'll even pay your new staff out of his own pocket...

And I haven't even got to Pete's new career move, Kellie's desire to take Cranky-Ass away for Christmas (not surprisingly, the invitation didn't extend to Binjy) or McCoys urgent need of more staff to fill pint glasses full of weak orange squash with a frothy head.

Though luckily, I was able to peer over Oisin' s shoulder and got a good view of the architectural drawings for the BuzzWord, sorry, Speakeasy. My granny used to have an outside toilet (a luxurious two-holer) based on a very similar design back in the sixties ...
    Of course, as Oisin said, "It's retro, and yet, of the moment."
    The things I've missed out on in this life, eh? So sad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wait until Jane and Wayne get in on the plan :p #ScrewPaul
    The whole cast will be getting a few quid out of it if anyone else finds out about it

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

sligojoek wrote: »
    The whole cast will be getting a few quid out of it if anyone else finds out about it

I think we're all entitled to a few bob at this stage. God knows, these last few weeks hasn't been easy for us....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hey how come a certain person on here isn't making any comment about ROCCO????

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not sure if the writers are writing the plan based off this thread, but it can't be coincidence that Rocco appears from nowhere. Last seen parking his car a year ago. See, my persistence in that mystery has borne fruit..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I was cooking with the fan on this evening and could only hear bits and pieces Who was Dermot interviewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Dermot said Kelly was taking the girl Dermot fosters away until January. And he wasn't ready to say goodbye yet. So he obviously predicts he'll be dead by then. He must be really pissed off at how healthy he's looking for a fella so pessimistic ! And hes doing very thorough interviews for a fella who wont be here to care in 6 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Dermot said Kelly was taking the girl Dermot fosters away until January. And he wasn't ready to say goodbye yet. So he obviously predicts he'll be dead by then. He must be really pissed off at how healthy he's looking for a fella so pessimistic ! And hes doing very thorough interviews for a fella who wont be here to care in 6 weeks!

I think he meant this would be his last Christmas with her as in he won't be here in 12 months time. Who knows though, he has been sporting two random black eyes all week so he could go downhill rapidly!

Serious question: Has anyone here ever operated or known someone who has owned a 'speakeasy'?! It beggars belief that we are expected to buy that load of codswallop about a niteclub in a semi-detached house in the Dublin suburbs. There is no way that it would ever get the go ahead, surely? If it was a stand alone building or non-residential area, then maybe. I live in a large town and have never heard of something so ludicrous. Can someone enlighten me?

Also I asked Sam Atwell (writer, producer) on twitter about the location of the new cafe place. Sadly, he did not answer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I did once go to the most mad nightclub on Brussels which was a two up two down but then opened into a nightclub.

But a speakeasy in a Dublin suburb... Supposed to be close to Dublin, yet no one ever goes there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,827 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Beginning to dislike Niamh a lot after tonight. She is a total b.... . Look at the smug smile on her face after telling Debbie the news and knowing that Katy is missing and all. She is sinking very low and does not care who she hurts at this stage. Never thought I'd say it but I feel sorry for Paul.

Yes, she has turned quite nasty and is like a female version of Paul ironically. She actually enjoyed freaking Debbie out with the bad news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Oisin, as they say is all hat and no cattle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement