Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Ok so the next step of the plan is Dermot dying. Shouldn't they be more concerned with Paul noticing his bank balance is now zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

youwould wrote: »
    Serious question: Has anyone here ever operated or known someone who has owned a 'speakeasy'?! It beggars belief that we are expected to buy that load of codswallop about a niteclub in a semi-detached house in the Dublin suburbs. There is no way that it would ever get the go ahead, surely? If it was a stand alone building or non-residential area, then maybe. I live in a large town and have never heard of something so ludicrous. Can someone enlighten me?

I know of at least one of these places close to where I live in Dublin. It's a converted house that was a tiny pub for years, in the last few years it's been overrun by hipsters but seems to be thriving to be fair. In saying that it was converted to a pub many many decades ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

youwould wrote: »
    Also I asked Sam Atwell (writer, producer) on twitter about the location of the new cafe place. Sadly, he did not answer. :(

Wondered the same until the scene with Jackie , Laura and Dan last week. It seems part of the Balintine Hotel/gym - judging by the advertising on the walls .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is oisin in the one the xmas ads for meteor? The one where there hinting at presents?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,827 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ok so the next step of the plan is Dermot dying. Shouldn't they be more concerned with Paul noticing his bank balance is now zero?

Who is supposed to look after Ben and Zoe after Dermot passes away? Has this been mentioned yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strazdas wrote: »
    Who is supposed to look after Ben and Zoe after Dermot passes away? Has this been mentioned yet?

It is mental. He hasn't even referred to (or maybe even contacted) his wife yet. A woman who fought tooth and nail for years for the kids is supposed to have completely abandoned any interest in them, one with a life threatening illness.

Absolutely shambolic writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Has Jane still got that Menopause?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'll fooking do it. The local psycho barmaid made 70 bucks last night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The problem is they have not thought this story through. They have thought about the scam side of it but Dermot's condition and life expectancy is vague. Things don't add up at all with this side of the story: Dermot shows little if any signs of serious illness and is full of energy. There's some other element of this story we are not being let in on?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

He made a half ass lame attempt last night to get Kelly to stay and look after them.

Has Niamh said what her plan is once she's fleeced Paul and Dermot's kicked the bucket? Is she fleeing the country?

• Advertisement

The problem is they have not thought this story through. They have thought about the scam side of it but Dermot's condition and life expectancy is vague. Things don't add up at all with this side of the story: Dermot shows little if any signs of serious illness and is full of energy. There's some other element of this story we are not being let in on?

no there isn't. It is just badly written. If they were to revert to Dermot actually not being terminally ill at this stage it would be a load of "make it up as you go along" bullsh1t

It's clear that Dermish is a lifer...You know, it will be explained away as a bad lengthy does of the flu that he had, and that it happens all the time.

These misdiagnoses are a bloody pain.

"We're inundated with call backs to patients to let them know that the cancer was the flu all along. Thanks for being so understanding. Bye bye now."

Kelly looks like Dan's missus

no there isn't. It is just badly written. If they were to revert to Dermot actually not being terminally ill at this stage it would be a load of "make it up as you go along" bullsh1t

That seems to be exactly what they will do. Of course this story is very much 'make it up as you go along'. They have been doing this with Dermot's character ever since Jo left. First he was some sort of a Victor Meldrew and now he is a sort of a cross between Walt White and JR Ewing.

Any chance Dermish and The Ram will share a scene before Dermish pops his cloggs? There was time where neither could fart without the other knowing about it and a row erupting....

walshb wrote: »
    It's clear that Dermish is a lifer...You know, it will be explained away as a bad lengthy does of the flu that he had, and that it happens all the time.

These misdiagnoses are a bloody pain.

"We're inundated with call backs to patients to let them know that the cancer was the flu all along. Thanks for being so understanding. Bye bye now."

There is gonna be some sort of explanation about his condition not being as serious as first thought. It is obvious his illness is not the central part of this story at all. This is a scam story not an illness story. It is also an attempt to liven up one of the duller characters in it. This is the first story of interest Dermot was in IIRC.

There is gonna be some sort of explanation about his condition not being as serious as first thought. It is obvious his illness is not the central part of this story at all. This is a scam story not an illness story. It is also an attempt to liven up one of the duller characters in it. This is the first story of interest Dermot was in IIRC.

I'm starting to think you're a FC writer infiltrating this thread...:)

I'm starting to think you're a FC writer infiltrating this thread...:)

I am convinced! BuilderPropogandist :D

No I am not a FC writer. I could predict how these stories go from watching FC and other soaps. I know for sure that things will not end up good for Niamh and Dermot. They are heading for a fall. Things like this rarely go to plan. Niamh is enjoying this a little too much.

No I am not a FC writer. I could predict how these stories go from watching FC and other soaps. I know for sure that things will not end up good for Niamh and Dermot. They are heading for a fall. Things like this rarely go to plan. Niamh is enjoying this a little too much.

Definitely a writer!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Im not a writer either but I reckon yourself and I deserve some royalties after the latest spoiler- and people mocked me for looking too deep into motives and connections with Cathal etc- we called this about 2 months ago:
    Cathal forces Jodi to rob one of Katys belongings next week. When she is reluctant he tells her the O Briens are to blame for his fathers death and he is never going to forgive them. But Love Hate smells a rat and warns the O Briens to stay away from Jodi..

If I was a FC writer I certainly wouldn't be admitting it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Amazing nonsense last night with this new Hughie angle :

Firstly it's nonsense him asking for money - he wasn't threatening to expose the PLAN he was only threatening NOT to object to the Speakeasy which would be pretty dumb anyway! !

So Niamh rightly told him to eff off. Then she thinks that as he knew about the PLAN he could be an accessory. All the more reason surely to warn him to do as he's told?? - if he doesn't tow the line Niamh and Dermot can claim he was part or it if they get caught. Instead they decide to implicate him further and needlessly give away 10% !! Crazy :D

desbrook wrote: »

Instead they decide to implicate him further and needlessly give away 10% !! Crazy :D

It's only 10 percent FFS. If they change their minds they can press ctrl z!

Im not a writer either but I reckon yourself and I deserve some royalties after the latest spoiler- and people mocked me for looking too deep into motives and connections with Cathal etc- we called this about 2 months ago:
    Cathal forces Jodi to rob one of Katys belongings next week. When she is reluctant he tells her the O Briens are to blame for his fathers death and he is never going to forgive them. But Love Hate smells a rat and warns the O Briens to stay away from Jodi..

Are they about to copy Skyfall and SPECTRE here? Cathal is the architect of all the O'Brien's pain. It could still be the case that Ciaran's capture of Katy was orchestrated by Cathal. Cathal = Blofeld, Ciaran = Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I'll fooking do it. The local psycho barmaid made 70 bucks last night..

Ah yeah, but do you know how to make a mood board !

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

desbrook wrote: »
    Amazing nonsense last night with this new Hughie angle :

hughy_zpsdgquio8p.jpg
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Does Sally have a thing for paraplegics? She must be the dominant type.

We should sell this thread as a satirical comedy show to RTE!

If Bridget and Eamon and Rep of Telly can get aired, we could get 5 nights a week out of the material here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,733 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carol and Robbie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement