Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Pretty certain Jane and Dermissh will have a love tryst, however brief.

They don't zone in on (not so subtle) gestures like Jane placing her hand on Dermisssh's without a reason.

Jane is a bizarre character with even more bizarre storylines. But the bottom line is always money with her. The idea that she'll get her hands on some of Paul's cash isn't outlandish.

As for Dermissh when you're dying i'd say your emotional well being could lead you into rash decisions.

One of the funnier parts of the episode was Ray going to fight with Deegan over a woman who he broke up with 20 years ago.

And it seems Ben's voice is breaking! But he still needs 24 hr babysitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,163 ✭✭✭✭walshb

C'mon guys, we'd hardly begrudge a dying man getting his leg over on Jane.

Maybe after he does they could have a scene with him telling her, as he lies back on the bed rolling a joint, "Ah, you daft cow. It's the man-flu I have, not fooking liver cancer. You've been punked, bitch. Now get the fook out of my sight."

youwould wrote: »
    Nora and Deegan must be shacking up in the near future.

Nora's actress, name escapes me, was the prostitute in Strumpet City 1980, Lily Maxwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Would someone please explain why Cathal is supposed to hate the Ripeys? From what I remember, Cathal chained Stripey to a pipe in the basement last year. (Can't recall why, but then it is Fair City) None of the Ripeys ever did anything to him or his father. Yes, Eoghan did throw a punch at him, not unreasonably, but missed and accidemtally sent Mumbles to the great garage in the sky. Cathal could hardly blame Stripey or anyone else for Flynn's death from cancer.
    So please, I'm serious. Could someone enlighten me as to why Cathal is hanging around Carringstown making stupid faces and even stupider threats to a family that never did him any harm?
    BuilderPlumber, can you help?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,826 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

A very short trailer for Fair City next week :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5vtzoiirRc

Looks like the Katy storyline is going to be resolved at long last (a rescue perhaps?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,163 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's FC, coolhul. Who knows. Maybe when Stripey was busy stacking the Ballantine vending machine she put a snickers in the mars column or something? It makes as much sense as anything else.. Spillane went to the machine on his coffee break gagging for a mars, and without really paying attention he chose mars and out dropped a snickers?

nagdefy wrote: »
    Nora's actress, name escapes me, was the prostitute in Strumpet City 1980, Lily Maxwell.

Ruth Hegarty.

coolhull wrote: »
    Would someone please explain why Cathal is supposed to hate the Ripeys? From what I remember, Cathal chained Stripey to a pipe in the basement last year. (Can't recall why, but then it is Fair City) None of the Ripeys ever did anything to him or his father. Yes, Eoghan did throw a punch at him, not unreasonably, but missed and accidemtally sent Mumbles to the great garage in the sky. Cathal could hardly blame Stripey or anyone else for Flynn's death from cancer.
    So please, I'm serious. Could someone enlighten me as to why Cathal is hanging around Carringstown making stupid faces and even stupider threats to a family that never did him any harm?
    BuilderPlumber, can you help?

Didn't the Ripeys get him and the auld lad in trouble with the guards after the hostage scene in the pub ended and they lost money to CAB or something? Cathal lost the Ballatine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Its like watching a completly different show every few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Didn't the Ripeys get him and the auld lad in trouble with the guards after the hostage scene in the pub ended and they lost money to CAB or something? Cathal lost the Ballatine.

Yes, but wouldn't Cathal kinda expect that if you abduct and tie up a hotel worker to the water pipe in the basement, while on the same night your sick old daddy is holding five hostages at gunpoint in a pub up the road, well, generally, bad things happen to you as a result. There's not much point in blaming the victim or her family.
    I know, I know, I've been watching it long enough now to have very low expectations, but we live in hope....

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »
    Yes, but wouldn't Cathal kinda expect that if you abduct and tie up a hotel worker to the water pipe in the basement, while on the same night your sick old daddy is holding five hostages at gunpoint in a pub up the road, well, generally, bad things happen to you as a result. There's not much point in blaming the victim or her family.
    I know, I know, I've been watching it long enough now to have very low expectations, but we live in hope....

In that whole scenario last year Debbie or Cathal tricked the Spillanes in some way re. the guards arriving. I can't rem exactly but he has a specific 'gripe', Cathal. Something the Ripeys did in the siege.

Must go back a year through this thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Jesus what a bizarre and completely illogical turn of events in the whole Dermot is dying storyline. Some pretty inappropriate comments from Jane during the filming "I want to wake up with a Tiger" and "The camera just committed suicide". Eh, the man is dying and wants to leave some messages for his children. Coz he wont tell them he is dying, apparently he is leaving Ben to be cared for by an unhinged gold digging oddball and Zoe? Ah sure shes on the other side of the world who will no doubt get a phone call from Jane any day now "Hope you are enjoying the tortoises, oh by the way your Dad is dead. See you". Weird weird writing for this story.

New cast time- Mondo, Ray is back "Well any news?" "Your wife died, nothing much"...Deegan, Dusty Springfield and now Cathal is back. I'm starting to think that Ciaran, Cathal and Jodi are all linked and it was just some wonderful coincidence that Ciaran also had a sister who was screwed over by an O Brien, How many enemies can one family have ffs.

Feck. Only goes back to March.

Someone on here must remember the exact reason Spillane hates the Ripeys.

Calling on TTB, walshb, cormdogg et al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This
    Cathal
    Ripey Revenge
    Plot
    Is
    RETARTEDLY STUPID

Cathal owned or managed the Ballantine but Debbie was suspicious of him and was constantly snooping into his affairs, I'm pretty sure that's where all the problems started.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

IIRC Cathal was the owner or manager of The Ballintyne and Debbie found cash and/or fake passports (before we knew Flynn was his father) and Flynn told Cathal to shut her up.

Also played Michelle's mother in Glenroe for a few years.

This
    Cathal
    Ripey Revenge
    Plot
    Is
    RETARTEDLY STUPID

Well if it is, then its 100% down to the consistently naïve and trusting Debbie who went as far as to strip down to her bra for a man she knows has it in for her just on the off chance he had a snippet of information about the daughter she sometimes remembers is missing- what an absolute joke she is.

She also thought that Katy would pick the anniversary of Michaels death to just randomly turn up at the door with a wreath and just walk back into her family with no explanation. Now this young wan is welcomed in to the house with open arms, at least Emmet has some cop on and is suspicious.

Debbie really needs to open her eyes to the world around her.

This
    Cathal
    Ripey Revenge
    Plot
    Is
    RETARTEDLY STUPID

Well if it is, then its 100% down to the consistently naïve and trusting Debbie who went as far as to strip down to her bra for a man she knows has it in for her just on the off chance he had a snippet of information about the daughter she sometimes remembers is missing- what an absolute joke she is.

She also thought that Katy would pick the anniversary of Michaels death to just randomly turn up at the door with a wreath and just walk back into her family with no explanation. Now this young wan is welcomed in to the house with open arms, at least Emmet has some cop on and is suspicious.

Debbie really needs to open her eyes to the world around her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Wasn't Ray supposed to be back the other day? Mondo was apparently giving it socks on the virtual cycle to Malin Head but he couldn't get Ray to participate due to an "injury".

But tonight it seems Ray had just arrived back.

youwould wrote: »
    Also played Michelle's mother in Glenroe for a few years.

That's right. Remember she had a baby at her daughter Michelle's wedding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Was just thinking there when Jane was filming Dermos testament to Ben and Zoe...kind of making the story up as they went along. A bit like FC itself.
    (btw does Jane get a whiff of cash in the air? I can't really recall her having much interaction with Dermot before, except maybe pulling a pint for him?? Perhaps she's hoping to pull more than a pint now :eek:)

Anyway, at this stage they're really taking the viewers for fools with this Dermot "dying of cancer" crack. Not a sign of illness on him:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Debbie you should be shopping in Lidl.

That's right. Remember she had a baby at her daughter Michelle's wedding!

Yes! I remember Michelle being annoyed that she would have a sibling younger than her own children.

093_9e51b2b9883168941624e7429dbc063ef5ff1e51.jpg

I'm just watching weds episode but where does it show where Pete is such a crap barman?

fin12 wrote: »
    I'm just watching weds episode but where does it show where Pete is such a crap barman?

It doesn't in fact. Pete tells Wayne he is deliberately going to mess up in the role but we don't actually see it.

Strazdas wrote: »
    It doesn't in fact. Pete tells Wayne he is deliberately going to mess up in the role but we don't actually see it.

Ya I saw that part but Wednesday episode just starts with Orla giving out about Pete? I'm just wondering how could he be that bad and I'm assuming it was his first day, he seemed pretty enthusiastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I agree about Wednesday episode, it seemed like they deleted some scenes, because Pete was just in the background once with an ice bucket looking dopey, suddenly Orla's going on and on that he's a bad barman.

Rays day is going to get even worse when he realises there's an imposter at the garage, remember Ciaran had to go back to work to let him go on this break last week??

And I think the reason Cathal has chosen to hate the Gripeys is because his father died IN JAIL. Yeah because he held a load of people hostage. By the end of that siege (#117675) I thought it seemed like Cathal and his father weren't close after all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

The show is trying to make it funny by laughing at ideas, the negatives etc.

I agree about Wednesday episode, it seemed like they deleted some scenes, because Pete was just in the background once with an ice bucket looking dopey, suddenly Orla's going on and on that he's a bad barman.

I am annoyed with myself as I wasted time rewinding through Wednesday nights episode to see the scenes with Pete and there really were none. One minute Hughie was hiring Pete and then suddenly it was all Orlas fault and she had to sack Pete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement