Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I agree about Wednesday episode, it seemed like they deleted some scenes, because Pete was just in the background once with an ice bucket looking dopey, suddenly Orla's going on and on that he's a bad barman.

Rays day is going to get even worse when he realises there's an imposter at the garage, remember Ciaran had to go back to work to let him go on this break last week??

And I think the reason Cathal has chosen to hate the Gripeys is because his father died IN JAIL. Yeah because he held a load of people hostage. By the end of that siege (#117675) I thought it seemed like Cathal and his father weren't close after all?

Completely disagree with you here. If you done the slightest of research, you would know that

that was actually siege (#117678)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

walshb wrote: »
    Wtf is the plan, where d fook is Rocco, and who d fook is Jodie?

For me FC is just full of questions with next to no answers.

The A Team are on the way to Carrigstown :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

coolhull wrote: »
    Flynn's

Mr sunglasses? :pac:

E-EPS-176-Flynn-sends-a-message-to-Carol-01-1.jpg

The state of him ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Why is this ****e still on the air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Robbie : "I have a thing for Kathy Bates, ever since Arthur 2" was one of the mildly more amusing lines tonight :)

• Advertisement

Aaaaagghhh my head hurts after last nights episode.

So much random bizarre stuff , people coming back in from everywhere , faces popping up that haven't been seen for weeks .....all at the one time ! Each scene more confusing than the last .

After a long day at the office my poor brain was grappling trying to catch up on stories and feuds long forgotten, comments made , innuendos, the possibility of Jane and Dermot getting together (did I miss something earlier?).

Ray turning up in murderous rage about his ex wife of 20 years being bedded by the local guard (its hardly a crime?) , Cathal and that face like he's smelt rotten eggs ........Jodi, Kerri Anne's new hair , Mondo.....

and in the middle of all this, in some parallel universe Katie is still all alone wailing at a wall "can ye hear me, can ye hear me?" ........(until we come back to her in 2 weeks time)

This ****e is almost becoming impossible to watch , its like some bad joke , seriously think I might leave FC for a few months . Life is tough enough !!

Almost like the actors are getting fed up themselves with this ****e ........and making their lines up as they go along (Robbie, Jane, Oisin ......) !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Strazdas wrote:
    Robbie : "I have a thing for Kathy Bates, ever since Arthur 2" was one of the mildly more amusing lines tonight

I loved Dermot's reaction too, he was like 'yep fair enough'
    Dermot has his moments but they're few and far between!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

I swear a 5 year old child could act better than some of the cast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

If the Katy story had ended by either Love Hate killing her a few weeks back or Katy killing herself it may have been worth watching but now they are clearly going to drag this out till Christmas, Anyone else trapped in a tiny room like that since May would have gone completely insane and either started banging their head on the walls or cut themselves. This story needs to end NOW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

If the Katy story had ended by either Love Hate killing her a few weeks back or Katy killing herself it may have been worth watching but now they are clearly going to drag this out till Christmas, Anyone else trapped in a tiny room like that since May would have gone completely insane and either started banging their head on the walls or cut themselves. This story needs to end NOW!

Is it not going to be resolved next week, per the trailer on the RTÉ website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

bazermc wrote: »
    Is it not going to be resolved next week, per the trailer on the RTÉ website?

No, that doesn't really explain anything except that its going to be another Katy filled week. I wonder who the voices are though that's interesting...the cruel voices belong to Ciaran and Cathal but whos the female voice? Jodi? Stella? And I think that's Eoghan at the end saying "Hold on I'm coming to get you". But it still doesn't promise any resolution.

No, that doesn't really explain anything except that its going to be another Katy filled week. I wonder who the voices are though that's interesting...the cruel voices belong to Ciaran and Cathal but whos the female voice? Jodi? Stella? And I think that's Eoghan at the end saying "Hold on I'm coming to get you". But it still doesn't promise any resolution.

The implication is that Katy is going to be rescued by someone, which will surely bring the storyline to a head (though if they intend to have any realism, they will have to show Katy feeling traumatised and depressed for months afterwards).

One wonders how it will unravel. I'm guessing that Ciaran makes a mistake and someone close to him starts to become very suspicious of him, perhaps without him even being aware of it.

I think the female voice may be Debbie or Rose : the suggestion of the trailer is that it seems or could seem to Katy that everyone has forgotten her and moved on, even the members of her own family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

What will become of Katie!? Its dragging too long now! Is that girl that tried to stay with Debbie Emmets ex/Ciarans' Sister? What has she to do with Cathal!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

The first male voice sounds like Flynn, imo! Lol at Rose or Stripey saying 'Katy Who?!' They must have forgotten her so!

doovdela wrote: »
    What will become of Katie!? Its dragging too long now! Is that girl that tried to stay with Debbie Emmets ex/Ciarans' Sister? What has she to do with Cathal!?

I assume Cathal must know Jodie through his criminal contacts.....she's definitely not Ciaran's sister though.

The first male voice sounds like Flynn, imo! Lol at Rose or Stripey saying 'Katy Who?!' They must have forgotten her so!

The trailer is meant to be from Katy's perspective, trapped alone in the cell. She's wondering if everyone has forgotten her and moved on, so the words we hear are ones that 'could' be said if people had indeed forgotten all about her.....it's almost like a dream like sequence or a nightmare she's having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

nagdefy wrote: »
    Feck. Only goes back to March.

Someone on here must remember the exact reason Spillane hates the Ripeys.

Calling on TTB, walshb, cormdogg et al.

Before he was even revealed as a criminal he was completely ott cruel to Stripey, for absolutely no reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Finger on the pulse FC writers! A pair of 19 year old couples want to go "clubbing" in Lillies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I agree what others have said, FC was really all over the place this week, it seemd totally out of sequence, ie- when Debbie stormed into the pub and confronted the Brennens about the eviction, she was acting like it was it was the first time she heard about it, and then Pete, WTF! ......... And was that meant to be Oisins 21th birthday party the other night, if it was why didn't Paul make a big deal of it?!?. :confused:

• Advertisement

I think the first voice is tommy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

maurv1 wrote: »
    Anyway, at this stage they're really taking the viewers for fools with this Dermot "dying of cancer" crack. Not a sign of illness on him:rolleyes:

I disagree. I think he looks as sick as a giraffe with a stiff neck. Just look at his eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

bazermc wrote: »
    I think the first voice is tommy.

I thought the same. I can't remember what the voice said but it sort of made sense for how she would be thinking of him, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Before he was even revealed as a criminal he was completely ott cruel to Stripey, for absolutely no reason

Probably because she's such a poor actress ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I couldn't care less at this stage. Bizarrely I get more fun out of this thread.

My dad has written to Fair City to offer himself as a hostage swap for Katy (he does have a strange sense of humour...and too much time on his hands). We'll see!

What is all these 'voices' people are talking about on here??

What is all these 'voices' people are talking about on here??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5vtzoiirRc

Thanks for that Baz, ... RTE is not really giving anything away by releasing that clip, are they? ....
    Just watched the toy show, ha! Sad me... ;)

Next week Jane looks for a cut of Paul's money from Derms.
    :D

• Advertisement

Next week Jane looks for a cut of Paul's money from Derms.
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement