Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

If Jodi wanted to hide from Cathal she could just go anywhere thats not Carraigstown or Athlone!

As for the Gripey Family, if kept a simple record of the tens of times Cathal has harrassed they could've had him locked up by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Viewers are losing interest in Katy now so we need a new cell and kidnap victim to keep us going until the Popes visit. I for one welcome the new addition, looks like she has a new bed, and a window. I'm trying to quash my excitement..

Next week description says "Katy devises a PLAN to get free", what the fcuk else can she do???? She has tried everything that stupid 5 by 9 room can possibly offer- hunger strike, pretend rat, ignore him, blocked showers and sinks and pretending to be dead. There is nothing left for her to try. Its beyond tiresome at this stage. Either kill her or let her go.

Katy starts burrowing underground, hiding the clay in the shower, and eventually arrives where Jodi is being held. The two of them fall madly in love..

Like the FC writers i haven't developed that plot any furthur but will make it up as i go along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Bit elaborate planting a girl in the house to get something from Katie's room. Sure Cathal broke in himself one day. Could he not just do that again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I cant even watch this for a laugh any more, its so poor.

Yep, it used to be so bad its good but now its not even funny anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bazermc wrote: »
    We should all (FC boardsies) get a cut of Paul Brennan's money, for having to put up with this sh!te

http://lessthanrandom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/when-a-plan-comes-together.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,822 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Is it Jody or Jodi?

It's Jodi

Small spoiler concerning her in the next episode :
    She ends up back with the O'Briens again, presumably sent there by Cathal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

walshb wrote: »
    FCs actor of the nite award...Community Centre's receptionist. Outstanding.

For a second I thought it was the great Hannah Finnigan back to save the show! Wha..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

There is about to be a serious homeless crisis. Mondo is putting Deegan and Ray (his own father) out on the streets. Can't say I know too many Garda Deegans age that dont own their 3 bed semi d somewhere. Nora too has no where to live, or Amanda or the Ram or Eoghan. As for Deegan complaining to Nora a cleaner he cant afford a place. A Garda with we'll assume has 20 years under his belt is earning at least 70k. But a mechanic can afford to rent Charlie's gaff and his own dungeon. Not to mention eating for 2. Why is it such a big deal the accom for some characters, various home sharing etc yet we never know where wheely Dan lives. Where's Doug living now? Where does Morbegs live? Where does Cathal live???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Dermo will die sooner than he anticipated, and therefore won't be able to seal the deal where the money is concerned, so he will fill Jane in on what his and Niamh's plan is and ask her to make sure that Ben and Zoe get their cut. So in the end, Jane and Niamh will both end up with all of Paul's money, Jane will adopt Zoe and Ben because Jo is an unfit mother, and this will all take place in December 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,161 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How many different times and ways can they invent the Decco wanting to split Charlit and Oisin up story? Holy god.... why does short-arse give a fook about his toe rag of a middle aged sister dating the local court jester?

• Advertisement

Dermot terminally ill yet no sign of any medication, treatment, symptoms that a man with advanced liver cancer would have? Is a 5 year old writing this story line?

Jane in slashed satin red number and knee high black boots at 10am in the Hungry Pig - having coffee with a 12 year old boy she barely knows and is not related to.

..... and now a 2nd girl in a siege situation in dingy bedsit, someone who has nothing to do with anything - in fact she just arrived in FC 3 weeks ago..........and they're trying to make another story out of this and Cathal .... FFS??

Bizarre, pathethic, Fair City is a total mess lately. :-(

The woman who pretended she had cancer (Jane) minding the kids of the man who is supposed to have cancer.. The irony...

As we all suspected Jane will have a major role in 'The Plan'.
    Rachel Pilkington ‏Tweet Dec 2
    I've 17 scenes in a row today.🎬
    Soaps are def the hardest, most fast-paced productions in the industry, to meet transmission deadlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

nagdefy wrote: »
    As we all suspected Jane will have a major role in 'The Plan'.

]Rachel Pilkington ‏Tweet Dec 2
    I've 17 scenes in a row today.🎬
    Soaps are def the hardest, most fast-paced productions in the industry, to meet transmission deadlines.

Not really a spoiler there to be fair! I love her feeling the pressure of a few scenes after a year where she has had about a dozen scenes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Is it just me or does Cathal look like Conor McGregor??

It's the long wide jaw I'd say. And downward eye look. And stubble

480528657c209c4f621344a9da272db7.jpg

51357_54_pages_05_27609_588x448.JPG

I reckon though in a Cathal V McGregor, that McGregor would win KO in the first round!!

However Eoghan V McGregor, Eoghan would brush off him in the first round and McGregor would be stone dead

I reckon though in a Cathal V McGregor, that McGregor would win KO in the first round!!

Do you think.........................;)
    He'd have him on the ground just looking at him.

However Eoghan V McGregor, Eoghan would brush off him in the first round and McGregor would be stone dead

I've seen both of them close up in real life in the last year and trust me McGregor would annihilate Cathal....Conor is built like a tank, even in his street clothes :)

Eh, am I missing a joke or is there seriously a debate going on about who would win a fight between Cathal and McGregor!!!

• Advertisement

Eh, am I missing a joke or is there seriously a debate going on about who would win a fight between Cathal and McGregor!!!

Eh, its no Joker, it's serious matter...............................

Is it just me or does Cathal look like Conor McGregor??

its just you :-)

Well Cathal does fancy himself as a hard man who could take just about anyone :D

Strazdas wrote: »
    Well Cathal does fancy himself as a hard man who could take just about anyone :D

Fair City writers fancy themselves as serious writers..........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Re: the price of rent etc. Don't forget that Emmet doesn't work, bar a few minor nixers for Robbie once a month and yet he can fully afford to live with Ciaran and no sign of any money problems, totally unrealistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I see a romance between Deegan and Dusty Springfield...

Shouldn't that be "Dusting Springfield" or to stretch her occupation and similarity to the singer even further "Dusting Springclean" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Pretzill wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be "Dusting Springfield" or to stretch her occupation and similarity to the singer even further "Dusting Springclean" ;)

I like it!! Any variation will do ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Decco is an absolute pain in the h*le, does he realise Charlotte is 18/19, still treats her like a 12 year old girl. What does he think he can go around dictating to her who she can date or last night losing his mind cause she said she was in an open relationship, he'd want to concentrate on his own sh1tty life and let Charlotte get on with hers. He doesn't own the house so it's not like he can threaten to kick her out.

fin12 wrote: »
    Decco is an absolute pain in the h*le, does he realise Charlotte is 18/19, still treats her like a 12 year old girl. What does he think he can go around dictating to her who she can date or last night losing his mind cause she said she was in an open relationship, he'd want to concentrate on his own sh1tty life and let Charlotte get on with hers. He doesn't own the house so it's not like he can threaten to kick her out.

I suspect though this is tied in to the Bishops being a 'clan' and a rather dysfunctional family : there's nothing particularly normal about any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I like it!! Any variation will do ha ha

or in keeping it seasonal - Spruce Springclean!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement